Burger Kino is here

>The.Founder.2016.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-FGT

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2003/11/17/giving/the-arts-a-big-gift-changes-life-at-a-little-magazine.html
theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/08/mcdonalds-community-centers-us-physical-social-networks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

will every corporation get an apologetic movie showcasing 'quirks' of their founder while neglecting any abuse and hand wringing they do?

like social network, sorkin's jobs movie in fact is this also a sorkin joint?

when is quirky lockheed martin founder gonna get his turn?

I haven't seen it yet but I got the impression from people talking about it that he comes off as an asshole

no, only ones that made billions and became part of popular culture in some way. or ones that somehow had a profound effect on a scriptwriter.

>4.00 GB
>for 1080p
FGT, more like YIFY

FGT, more like FAGGOT

Because he was irl.

>Be an irrelevant nobody
>See brothers that have potential in making a successful buger joint
>decide to """""""""""help"""""""""""" them
>Put the newer restuarants in your name
>Use some legal loop hole to basically steal the name "mcdonalds"
>Cuck the brothers out of their own restaurant
>Literally move a mcdonalds restaurant right beside the old mcdonalds restaurant(after telling them to remove the very name "mcdonalds")
>pay them only a million each for the brand, plus a 10% royalty just off a """""""""handshake"""""""""""
>The brother's were never able to prove the handshake in court
>The original restaurant with a different name closes down after some years
>The brothers are never talked about again

After watching the movie and reading up on it, I hope the guys burning in the deepest, and hottest hell imaginable.

>I am the guy who sees his competition drowning and puts a water hose in their mouth for them to drown

it was their own fault

yeah he really is a fucking monster, like there are so many points where he's clearly just going out of his way to be as big as dick as possible

The Founder was hardly apologetic. It showed Ray Kroc for what he truly was, a sneaky asshole that stole someone else's idea as his own.

In the beginning, I could sorta empathize with the guy because he wanted the American Dream; he didn't want to be a milkshake salesmen all of his life. Yeah he had a wife and a comfortable middle-class life in suburbia, but you could tell that he craved fame and fortune. He wanted to be part of the elite; the high-roller in country clubs.

But there's a line of dickery that you don't cross and Kroc not only stepped over it, he just kept going on and on. Though I think his days as a traveling salesman must've contributed to his assholery. Door-to-door salesman tend to have sociopathic views of people after dealing with the constant refusals and backtalk as well as living in motels.

>The brother's were never able to prove the handshake in court
That was the point where Ray Kroc was an irredeemable asshole of the highest order. The brothers were fools for trusting Ray. I would've insisted on a future contract that would guarantee royalties once Ray's funding from his investors would be secure.

>The original restaurant with a different name closes down after some years
To be fair, they had that coming. They should've done proper trademarks and registration for their restaurant. At least they got a million bucks each because some people end up with nothing.

I despite corporate sociopathy, but that's something I'd have to agree with. I don't agree with what Kroc did to his partners, but if this was against other burger joints, you bet I'd do everything with my power (and legal means) to defeat them. Business is a dog-eat-dog world.

That's the brilliant thing about The Founder. It's not about humanizing Ray Kroc as a misunderstood guy; he is what he is. It's the origin of a money-grubbing bastard who started off as a guy we could all relate to and we saw his true self emerge.

I knew this guy only expanded the idea, improved it somehow and made it huge but..
damn what a fucking asshole. I can't believe I used to look up to him

It's a good watch though

yeah I appreciated that they didn't try to play him off as deep down being a good guy, they just presented someone who is genuinely interesting. the guy can talk like a mother fucker, but also they don't hide that he's a full on monster. it very....objective? even though i'd never trust a Hollywood film to recount literal facts.

confirmed for not having seen this movie

just shut the fuck up and watch it

This is why I enjoyed and respected this film. It showed but didn't tell us what sort of guy he was.

The 2 scenes that stand out for Kroc's personality was when he was listening to those self-help records in the motel and how his country club friends mocked him for his earlier ideas. You could tell that those past failures (remember the loan manager in that one bank that remembered him?) really got to him and that's why he was hoping for McDonalds to work. It was the big break that he was searching for his entire life (he was in his 50's when he started the franchise) so no surprise he was a ruthless motherfucker.

Be honest Sup Forums. If you knew you could get away with fucking over your partners and still give them a consolation prize to assuage your conscience and any potential toxic PR (the 2.7 million he gave them), would you do it? You're guaranteed to reap in hundreds of millions of bucks. You get to marry Linda Cardellini as your new wife, you have a mansion in California and finally have all the acclaim and status that many of us dream of having.

The handshake deal was for 1%, not 10%, but it was still a shitty move.

That said, the film had a very clear agenda - it downplayed in its epilogue Kroc's charitable work, especially regarding the Ronald McDonald House, and looked over his widow's fiscal stupidity - she willed more than $100 million to Poetry Magazine, for starters.

nytimes.com/2003/11/17/giving/the-arts-a-big-gift-changes-life-at-a-little-magazine.html

Kroc was no angel but he wasn't the devil in disguise. What he did was bloodless, and the film does a good job of demonstrating what happens when good people with good ideas get in bed with a viper.

That said - even in the film version of the story, Kroc gave them several chances to get on-board, and the brothers refused.

I wouldn't do what he did and she's not my type

>Linda Cardellini

Good choice, can she magically be 25 again when I marry her too?

If this had been a mini-series, they probably would've showed his charitable work for diabetes and McDonald House. Or his ventures in baseball.

I don't think this film had a clear agenda since it gave a very far more objective view towards Kroc than most biopics about businesspeople.

Like you said, the McDonald brothers got in bed with a viper. And I agree that they were thinking too small-time and never would've amounted to the heights that Kroc did.

Then you're a far stronger and more ethical individual than most people.

Dude, I'd marry Cardellini right now despite being 14 years older than me. She was hot as fuck as Velma in Scooby Doo and she's still hot now.

>she willed more than $100 million to Poetry Magazine
That was Ruth Lilly not Joan Kroc.

Joan gave over a billion to the Salvation Army as well as millions to fund nuclear disarmament.

>all this hate for the "founder"

It was clearly the Jew that started the fire.

>blindly trust a guy and hinder his attempts to make you money at every turn
>not expecting him to fuck you over
Kroc was a smarmy prick but jesus the McDonalds brothers were fucking morons

The movie's ok, but sort of buried the lead.

The movie is about a guy who became a successful owner of dozens of restaurants around the country through scheming. But that story is very common. If you were a space alien you'd think this was the equivalent of buffalo wild wing.

MacDonalds CHANGED THE AMERICAN DIET FOREVER. And we only get a glimpse of that. It ended too soon. We saw him become successful. Lots of restaurateurs have been successful. We didn't see McDonalds becoming, well.. McDonalds. We didn't see it becoming all encompassing. There's nothing else like McDonalds. The only things that come close are restaurants that want to be as successful. That's what special and unusual about it.

It's like if you made a movie about Apollo 11 and ended it before the moon trip.

Nick Offerman could not have been better cast as a hardworking man with inflexible principles

Corrected - user regrets the error.

I thought it was fair until its epilogue - it was heavy-handed at that point. Otherwise, loved the movie and except for a few moments, thought Keaton did very well humanizing Kroc, who was clearly a viper.

Eh, that guy was actually pretty clever for coming up with the idea of being a landowner/leaser as profit. But even Kroc pissed him off later on.

The contract that they had also spelled out that Kroc had to build any new franchise restaurant EXACTLY like the one in California, hence why Kroc was frustrated. There was a lot of unnecessary costs and additions.

The movie would've been an extra 30 minutes if they did that. I do agree that McDonalds changed the whole impact irrevocably, thus contributing to the rise of obesity.

it's a web-dl son.

An aside, regarding McD's culture - Chris Arande is an enterprise journalist who writes a lot about the meaning of McDonald's and its importance in the world of the American lower-class - if you like such things, this is a good read.

>no I'm not the author

theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/08/mcdonalds-community-centers-us-physical-social-networks

the mcdonald brothers came across as wanting have their own thing, on their own terms, with their own values, for their own fulfillment, beyond just making money or maximizing profits. kroc wanted a big hit, the biggest hit, and he didn't let the original creators stop him from becoming the goat. i personally sympathize more with the brothers and their understanding of life, corporatism is truly cancer.

Ray Kroc did literally nothing wrong

McDonald's is the greatest corporation of our lifetime

Burger Kino is pretty shit as a movie, 5/10. The editor should be shot for that fucking brothers backstory scene at the restaurant.

The exchange near the end of the film between Ray and the brothers regarding the name, and the Offerman character asks why he didn't just steal the idea as opposed to the business, and Ray lays it out - that was the moment for me. As noted, bloodless but ruthless.

Kroc wanted a big hit but is that really so insignificant? The whole movie I sided with Ray Kroc, even when he started acting unrealistically malevolent at the end. I feel like what the brothers made was something really spectacular and Kroc felt like they were holding out on it and preventing the rest of the world from enjoying it.

it's an interesting philosophical point, should people be allowed to keep ideas when they can't incubate it to it's full potential, or is it fair to hijack it to make it something the creators couldn't? i don't have an answer, but i always have a softer spot for people with smaller ambitions, the almost autistic drive to perfect one thing rather than build an automated yet ultimately soulless construct.

>an apologetic movie showcasing 'quirks' of their founder while neglecting any abuse and hand wringing they do
I don't know about you but Kroc was a real piece of shit in this movie.
Did all he could do to steal the assembly-line concept and make a buck off it. Then started taking credit and completely screwed the brothers at the end. Not portrayed sympathetically at all.

considering Kroc went on to create an empire that's contributed significantly to heart disease and obesity is that really such a good thing?

Kroc even ended up disgusting the jew who sold him on the real estate scheme into abruptly in the afterword. I thought it was hilarious how he was that slimy.

Not one McBurger in history has been fed to a person at the point of a gun, so not sure what you're going on about here.

really gonna pretend high salt/sugar foods don't have addictive qualities?

Not denying that at all, also not denying that people make choices - some of them are stupid, but it's their choice

I mean, some of it comes to ethics (at least in the film, I have no idea what the bros were like irl). Dick was a very principled man and mainly clashed with Ray because he felt some of his methods were exploitative.

to some degree, but that does feel a bit simplistic. there's also economic factors, shitty, quickly prepared food is a lot more accessible (cheaper) than healthy meals.

yeah, that's the point, ray pushed the envelope to the extremes, to take new steps, add another level on top of his building while dick wanted perfection, contained within a single unit. as i said, it comes down to your understanding of how ethics and morality and even art or creation, but i personally side with dick in that i feel it's a, for lack of a better word, nobler pursuit to dedicate yourself to the craft of creation and not profiteering.

I agree on that point, but if not eaten excessively, it's not contributing to what you mentioned - that said, people who eat three massive McD's meals each day will suffer, but that's their choice. Same with so many other fast-food joints, obv.

In the battle of evil vs stupid I have little sympathy for either. This is why I have trouble with GoT

If you need someone to fill that void look to Dave Thomas

I really wish all of the owners of fast food chains would just be hung. They and their monstrous creations are a blight on our society. Makes me especially sick to see movies venerating their achievements.

It's a fair point that needing a refrigeration system just because of the shake mix was a major drawback. Fridges are a HUGE money sink and if there was anywhere for Dick to compromise, it'd be there.

oh yeah, it's definitely not black and white. still as the creator of McDonalds as we know it, he had to live with the fact that his food ruined a lot of peoples health regardless of choice or not.

must've been a pretty weird thing to live with, or not if Kroc really did only care about money and fame.

Bait

yeah, that didn't seem like a real ethical issue compared to other stuff, Dick was just prideful of "quality." a little ironic considering they're selling greasy burgers.

>no Colonel Sanders biopic yet

seriously, how has this not been made yet? if it's true that black people are the ones mostly going to see movies now this shit would out-perform avatar at the box office.

Honestly, I doubt he gave it a second thought, right or wrong. One thing the movie illustrates early is how impressed Kroc was by the actual quality of the food compared to what was available at the time. It seems laughable now, granted. There was a New Yorker piece years ago about how McDonald's fries are made - from potato origin to oil etc - it might be crap, but it's well-thought-out crap.

it wasn't surprising at all to see that it was a jew who planted the real estate seeds into the mind of kroc.