Disney Parks thread

Which one Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NZd9k4Q_Qx0
youtube.com/watch?v=7a6N6eXXmiI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Disneyworld is much bigger, but I've never been to Disneyland.

Best ride?

I was there decades ago. I really can't make an informed suggestion. I liked thunder mountain

I went to both as a kid the one in florida is way better.

how is this even a question. Disney World all the way. Even the castle looks better.

I hate how Disneyland is the one that's always talked about, it doesn't hold a candle, really

Is it even a contest? Unless you're some oldfag you go to fucking disney world

I've been to both. Disney World can keep you occupied even if you go there every year for a week for decades. Disneyland is too small (the magic kingdom alone is larger and has more attractions) and California Adventure is shit.

Disneyland is a meme because celebs go there to be seen, while at Disney World they are typically ushered behind closed doors.

>You will never tittyfuck Katy Perry in the castle suite

The crowds have ruined both. It fucking sucks going there 90% of the year and it only gets worse.

>not wanting to wait 1 hour to ride for 5 minutes on anything popular.

fuckin high tension lines behind disneyland castle

There's apparently a big difference in the people who come to both. Land is much more accessible to people who live there who have all year passes. World, otoh, is much more exclusive and caters to tourists more. That's why there's a difference in the level off a-holes. When a ride is broken, World crowd complain because they paid a lot of money to get there. Land crowd, on the other hand, are much more obnoxious about it because they think they own the place.

youtube.com/watch?v=NZd9k4Q_Qx0

>Disney Podcast
What happens here? Are there cliques and feuds?

Oh yeah, you remember a time when Disneyland wasn't crowded huh?

drake bell thread

why would anyone choose disneyland over wdw?

I went as a kid i really don't remember any complaining. And my family are rollercoaster junkies my grandma actually owned a roller coaster and all her family owned parks. So i have been to pretty much every major park in the usa. So waiting for anride never bothered me.

The original wooden coaster at the six flags in san antonio was nuts but people kept getting hurt. The best park for just coaster experience is probably busch gardens virginia

The holocaust of parks was astroworld. RIP in peace.

because if you've ever actually been to the epcot center and surrounding attractions you'd know it sucks fucking dick

Is that to absolute maximum saturation you can get in photoshop?

>trying to suck Sup Forums into following the disney theme-park clique feuds
this is deepest lore

No, the first time I visited was two years ago and it was a shitshow. I'm not insinuating that it was once better, maybe I should have phrased it differently, but the crowds made the two day trip unbearable. Being ushered around everywhere like cattle and waiting hours in line isn't magical or special.

>Doesn't like science, technology and Figment

it's all natural lighting. welcome to the magic of disney world

I loved Epcott, especially getting to Meet Mr. Stephen Twinning, one of the heirs to the Twinning Tea Company, Tea so old it was probably the Tea dumped into the Boston Harbor. He even had Genuine British Teeth. Nice guy.

Go there when it first opens in mid-september or the first week in january. It'll be empty.

>tfw lost my virginity in disney world

downtown disney and california adventure >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the disney world exclusive stuff

A cousin who I have spy cams on the bathroom on is going to visit Disney Sea in Tokyo this year. What should she expect?

Story user

Where'd he fuck you?

As much as i love rollercoasters i have never been to one outside the usa. When i go overseas i normally go to historical sites and nature parks.

getting absolutely bombed in epcot is one of my favorite past times

Disney World is bigger and better. Even if you're on the West Coast it's worth it to go to World over Land.

best ride to jack off on?

you shouldn't expect much while she is away

The Finding Nemo ride

mr toads wild ride

Let's say that Disney attractions are songs by your favorite band. In that context...

Disney World is their entire discography
Disneyland is their Greatest Hits

Disney World as a whole (parks + hotels + all other stuff) is superior to what the Disneyland Resort offers, but when you compare only the the original Disneyland park to its Disney World copy, Magic Kingdom, the Disneyland Park is superior (all the history attached to it, only park where Walt Disney himself walked through, etc.).

>Dark
>No cameras
>Sexy characters

I was there last month. It's fucking amazing. Me and my sister went on the mountain ride like 10 times.

How bad are the lines compared to World?

The one you fucking grew up around. I lived in California and went maybe 10 times in my childhood. I love that park.

World is pretty much the same shit but spread across 4 Parks.

Personally I prefer that Disneyland is a much bigger park than the Magic Kingdom. They made it so that Magic Kingdom skews to a younger demographic more or less. You know they put Indiana Jones and Star Tours in the Hollywood Park in Florida which is fine and all but I think Disneyland Park just caters to everyone.

Now here's one thing where there's no debate though, Universal Studios Orlando blows Universal Studios Hollywood out of the fucking water. It's just true.

Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain are the real unsung heroes. Dirt Cheap and awesome rides.

>Disney World thread on Sup Forums

How many times have you guys been?

I've been there 16 times, going again this Summer

This was the summer when my working out had finally started to show so I had some confidence.
>get really fucking drunk in epcot
>really fuck drunk
>by the time night rolls around, it starts pouring really hard florida rain
>everything is flooding
>find some shelter near the park entrance and try to wait it out
>start talking with some girl who had the same idea
>place we were waiting at starts flooding more and more so we have to get closer
>and basically one thing leads to another and she starts grinding on me in the freezing rain as people are running through the rain a few feet from us

>yfw the belle at disneyworld is more attractive and a better representation of the character than Emma Watson

On busy days, just as bad. Tower of Terror was like 90-100 minutes. Toy Story was consistently over 100. Gotta get there early.

Always liked Splash Mountain the best, seems to be biggest bang for your buck

Riding something like Rock N Rollercoaster feels like a ripoff after the hour or so wait because it's so short, but Splash Mountain lasts a long time. Plus it's got some decent thrills and a catchy theme tune.
And supposedly racist source material that I've never seen.

>Knott's Berry Farm
havent been there in years. thanks for reminding me I have to plan a visit soon

>because if you've ever actually been to the epcot center and surrounding attractions you'd know it sucks fucking dick

TFW when he doesn't know that the World Showcase section serves booze and you can go drinking around the world.

Universal Studios trumps all

Seriously though, Harry Potter world blew me the fuck out the water with the level of immersion and amazing design. I'm not even a Harry Potter fan and I loved it

This is actually a good question. It's hard to resist the urge when you're a kissless virgin and see girls wearing shorts like pic related.

>>Disney World thread on Sup Forums

Man, a few years back, we tried a /disney/ thread on Sup Forums. Great first thread but the ensuing OPs couldn't make decent enough openings.

i miss the fucking jaws ride

True, and Ariel is meet and greet fondlekino

>mfw annual passholder for 3 years

you can watch it on youtube in crystal clear HD. you should download it so you can still relive the memories 30 years from now.

Disneyland obviously

>Not getting a drink at all 11 of the world showcase bars

You can get totally smashed in under an hour it's fucking great.

>Start with tequila in Mexico
>Beer in Norway
>Spiked tea in China
>Beer in Germany
>Wine in Italy
>Beer in America
>Sake in Japan
>Mudslime drink in Morocco
>Champagne in France
>Beer in UK
>Beer in Canada

I grew up in Disneyland and worked for a year at Disney World.

Disneyland is my childhood, Disney World was work.

Did ya know that there's a vast Tunnel System under the Magic Kingdom that the employees use? It was cool as shit with like ZERO Security (and if there was they didn't care my dumbass went in it), I explored that all the time and loved seeing all that was around there.

If Orlando itself wasn't a godawful city and Disney actually paid their employees decently I woulda stayed.

Is this pic from Orlando or LA? I visited Orlando several years ago and I don't remember Diagon Alley being this big and tall, but then again it was early on in its lifetime

>Disney World
>not superior Busch Gardens

but I never got to go on it and see an animatronic shark jump out at me in real life

>The plebs who try to insist Universal is better

Kek get real

I have annual passes to Disney World and went two weekends ago. Check out the new Skipper Canteen restaurant in Adventureland. They have lionfish on the menu.

I'd eat her caviar if you know what I mean.

and you never will.

>can only have fun at an amusement park if you are drunk
>"Haha hey guys I'm such an alcoholic with depression I'm just like Rick and Morty haha let me post this spongebob meme about how i want to kill myself everyday on reddit

worse than 'dude the movie gets better when you're high LMAO' fags. please actually kill yourself soon.

I hated the Haunted Mansion as a kid.

This. Universal is only better during October for Halloween Horror Nights.

>That Disneyland manlet castle

JUST

For mothers day my mother wants to go to disneyland, can't wait, I haven't been since I was like 14
I went to disneyworld once as part of the disney cruise. I didn't like it very much, felt like a dirty version of disneyland

The busch gardens in florida is busch league.

The one in virginia has a crap ton of great rollercoasters.

>Getting this buttblasted that people like to get drunk and go on theme park rides

>Sup Forums - Parks and recreation

I live in Florida and know lots of secret hole-in-the-wall attractions with no lines. Ask if interested.

Does anyone else think Harry Potter has been one of the dullest in the history of movie franchises? Each ride following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the boring screens, the attractions only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of audio-animatronics, all to make magic unmagical, to make verisimilitude seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Imagineering developing the attractions; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter attractions might be anti-Disney (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Fantasyland series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the butterbeers were good though r-right
"No!"
The beverage is dreadful; the frozen variant was terrible. As I drank, I noticed that every time a cast member went for a pour, the cashier provided instead a cheap "plastic cup."

I began marking on the back of a park map every time a butterbeer was served. I stopped only after I had marked the map several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of park design. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Joe Rodhe. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are riding Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to ride Avatar:Flight of Passage." And he is quite right. He is not being ironic. When you ride "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Avatar.

The tourists are pretty awful.

Disneyland's clientele is a large portion of middle-class Californians and they're just generally better people.

Literally every family that drops a few grand on a disney world vacation buys the 20 dollar book.

>Disneyland is too small (the magic kingdom alone is larger and has more attractions)

But that's wrong you idiot.

>Magic Kingdom: 27 rides
>Disneyland: 36 rides

Disneyland compensates for its small size with efficient usage of space and just has more to do.

I love you.

1. Tower of Terror
2. Expedition Everest
3. Rock 'N Roller Coaster
4. Space Mountain
5. Big Thunder Moutain Railroad
6. Splash Mountain
7. The Great Movie Ride
8. Dinosaur
9. Mission Space
4852. Carousel of Progress
9001. Journey into Imagination
9002. Finding Nemo

universal has like 3-4 hours max of shit to do, but they serve tall boy modelos so its all good

Any tips and tricks you picked up at your disneyland/world/amusement park visits over the years, Sup Forums?

They don't do this anymore, but for over a decade my family land and I went to disneyland several times per year starting when we were kids. We had a family friend tell us that you and your party can get fastpasses for every single ride with unlimited use if you go into the main office at the park, say that you have a disability that prevents you from standing for extended periods of time, along with a doctors note to prove it, and have the wristband that you get when you go to the doctors office. You don't actually have to say what your condition is though as long as you do everything else I just mentioned.

My younger brother fainted like once or twice as a kid because he used to not drink that much water, and we ended up using the paperwork from that and did the fastpass trick everytime we went (probably over 50 times total.)

shit was cash. but i heard they don't do it anymore. my family and I are completely bored/sick of disneyland by now so its not a big deal anyways.

noone wants to go on avatarland rides

>Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Imagineering developing the attractions; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?

Disney's Harry Potter ride pitch was a shitty clone of Midway Mania with wands.

My brother is type 1 diabetic. We did the fast past thing for like 3 years then it got shut down. Fucking shame.

do theme parks have a no singles policy?

Tower of Terror still scares me a little, but this one almost made me shit myself:

Made a few fuckups but you get the gist.

>4852. Carousel of Progress
I appreciate this ride for lack of lines and air conditioning at least. Can be a nice ride to wind down after you've been walking around all day.

>Not liking IT'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMMOROW!

It's got so much corny Walt Disney charm I love it as a historical piece. And I will be heartbroken if they ever change it.

Hell I'm mad they even bothered to update it.

Disney World might be bigger, but Disneyland is the park that Walt actually built. He had an apartment over the fire station and would have parties for his wife and family.

You can ride Pirates, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars without visiting a bunch of different parks spread out all over the place.

For this reason Disneyland will always be superior.

>Not ranking Carousel of Progress as #1
Do you even /Walt/? He built that with his own hands.

>noone wants to go on avatarland rides
They are literally opening an Avatar section in the Animal Kingdom park in Disney World this May.

>being a slave to a drink
>mentioning nothing BUT drinking in your original post from all the epcot places, not talking about how good the rides are on their own

end yourself.

>Tower of Terror going to be Guardians of the Galaxy themed soon

Truly out with the old in with the new. Young crowds don't give a fuck about the Twilight Zone anymore. So stupid.

Any stories on meet and greet characters?

youtube.com/watch?v=7a6N6eXXmiI

>Soarin nowhere to be found

>Hell I'm mad they even bothered to update it.
TFW when they still mention "car phones" and "laser discs" in the "future" scene. I believe that was last updated in the early 90s.

>Tower of Terror going to be Guardians of the Galaxy themed soon

Marvel's fucking ruining it, I agree. They should keep all the capeshit on a containment park.