Has anyone noticed an influx of new kinds of ppl since IMDB closed their boards to discussing movies?

Has anyone noticed an influx of new kinds of ppl since IMDB closed their boards to discussing movies?

nope. You're just insecure and projecting.

No, but I did notice an increase of plebs since baneposting took off

Any alternative for that after movie experience?
Haven't looked into it much but it used to be cool just going to imdb because many of the posts were funny like here, the mix of shitposting and series Mark Kermode wannabes getting wound up was gold .

Now all the "reviews" are hugely ass kissing every shitty film ever.

I liked also how people would discuss the movie it was in one place and discuss maybe hidden things or ya know explore topics relevant to the movie with movies that had layers of depth where once you peeled back one layer you didnt know how deep the rabbit hole went like with the dark knight movies which revolutionized movie making and cemented Christopher Nolan as one of the greatest directors of all time.

Sometimes you watch a film and it was a mind bender, it was great to just get some different angles on it.
Used to love it. It was kind of still a bit of a free forum even with posts getting deleted.
I found a website with a similar acronym around the time they shut imdb down, think I might check it out because I miss raging about films that were crap too.

rabb.it/r/6tziyn

>I found a website with a similar acronym around the time they shut imdb down, think I might check it out because I miss raging about films that were crap too.
Some of the best movies are literally the worst but for all the right reasons like the original Mad Max movies which are a joke due to the excessive violence and lack of diversity which would be illegal to make today.

I aint clicking that ish.

I loved the Mad Max films growing up. I've seen them more than 20 times probably, lost count.
Only watched the new one once though.

Discussing bad movies is it's own kind of fun I agree there.

>Only watched the new one once though.
Only once? Was there something you disliked about it? I loved the pacing the action was incredible and real stunt work that was done and tested. Also love that like the originals the movie doesnt quite focus on Max but the world he finds himself in which to me is such a great setting making it one of the best features.

Ever consider reading the comics for the movie? Each character, every single one had their whole elaborate back story as in each wife or that general guy.

No, I didn't dislike it or anything, I meant to watch it again. Well seen as you mention it I might check out the comics.
The other films had Mel Gibson and that atmosphere, they had that Australian feel. Used to watch Aussie films back then too. I'm not an Aussie.

>The other films had Mel Gibson and that atmosphere, they had that Australian feel.

Love the atmosphere of the Mad Max movies, the story of the world is really quite complex and so much more than what is said in the opening. Its on the level of lucas style world design but oddly none of that is discussed per se really in any movie, which might be boring making that world such a critical element to watch live and breathe.

If you consider the comics as a fan you may enjoy them. The Actors in the movie spent months blocking their parts or rehearsing them as we would say. The director would meet with each actor individually and he told them each their backstory their link to the world everything. What a great job for so many first time actors to get an experience like that where they are not stuck making up their backstory to fill their role, but realize their role goes beyond what is on screen. Also the comics explain the actions of some characters in the movie, but doesnt take away or really make you feel like you missed much either at the same time.

That's the perfect way to prepare from the sounds of it.
Very intriguing.
Deep lore, I like it.

My dream is to have a girlfriend that has very long hair (like op's pic but obviously longer) so when I go down on her, I'll be surrounded by her beautiful long hair. Unfortunately not a lot of girls like that, so I might never achieve that dream...

I don't know nothing about imdb forums because they're shit, one of the worst things I've ever read in my life film related was on imdb forums.

No. It's been virtually the same posters here since 2010 calling each other various newfag labels and making pointless meta threads like this one.

No.

>virtually the same posters here since 2010

Yeah including all of the patricians who got banned from this site in 2013, right?

who is this semen demon?

where did you get this?

>It's been virtually the same posters here since 2010
...or longer.

negro that clearly shows an upward trend, especially considering people leave boards and the site as post quality drops.

I want to snort hashish on her feet.

is this real?

What kind of autistic faggot commented on IMDB? I bet you edited Wikipedia too.

if do like the comics Id suggest the game its like 5$ maybe on most platforms and when on sale. For a WB game its amazing and was made by the guys who made FarCry and were very active with the mad max community of hardcore fans taking emails and discussing stuff about the game prior to its final version.

Its not a great game gamewise, but its the closest we can get to living in the mad max world.

TMDB, though it's pretty dead right now.

I demand a source op.

I've got the game, I played it for few days. I was building a new pc and backed it up so I don't have to redownload it on steam. Haven't got around to it again. I started playing MGS V and Dragon's Dogma.
I was having fun as you can imagine because it's in the same universe type of thing.
The comics, I've always meant to check out. :^)

their online to find since im pretty sure not sold and were some sort of weird promo I forget how it worked, their quick reads though like most comics yet also rereadable.

That was the site I checked out, hopefully it takes off. The layout looked nice, didn't look around too much though.

atleast they are drowning the redditors out

wha- why would redditors be here? I havent noticed a swamp of them here?

Bet the artstyle is cool

its good but nothing like over the top.

4plebs
Yes
Yeah so its gone up by about 10% since 2014. Thats not what the OP was talking about at all.
Notice the peaks during summer 2015 and summer 2016, its going up right now because summer is approaching.
Sup Forums, in pic related, is what an influx looks like.

who's the actress?

this

redditors love Sup Forums for the shitty got threads, they are also the people who rather ironically complain about Sup Forums invading Sup Forums despite the invasion happening almost two years ago and them being the newest cancer to hit the board

wtf does Sup Forums have to do with it? are you saying they coordinated an invasion of this board? being an avid Sup Forums Sup Forums and Sup Forums poster ive never once seen a thread about Sup Forums on any other board so where are you getting that from?

how are they the newest cancer? Are you assuming that because most movies now are highly politically motivated so its probably less Sup Forums and more that its just Hollywood injecting political agenda into everything with that flourish for indulging politically correct pop culture narratives aKa fembusters or ya know Ghost in the Shell etc....

I believe he's saying that what it looks like when Sup Forums got a shitload of new posts

>I believe he's saying that what it looks like when Sup Forums got a shitload of new posts
ahhhhhhhh im tarded... thanks for throwing me a bone. This shit I been smoking is too potent.

>that massive spike

no i am saying that redditors are genuinely coming to Sup Forums not because of politics but because of game of thrones
someone post the screen shot

>no i am saying that redditors are genuinely coming to Sup Forums not because of politics but because of game of thrones
that one show really? I gotcha buy why here when there should be better sub reddits for it I would think.

>Notice the peaks during summer 2015 and summer 2016

uhh no? in 2015 the peak wasn't in summer...October and end of the year higher

I've been here before.

The influx seems like the same shit. I can't even tell if these newfags are any worse than older newfags anymore. It's just a a never ending stream of industrial waste being poured into my face.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD, CHARLES!

> I gotcha buy why here when there should be better sub reddits for it I would think.
that would imply reddit was good or actually created content
the mind set of the average redditor is not to create but rather to regurgitate and feel the need to share their shitty opinions and beliefs on Sup Forums as whole. you can highlight the problem redditors create you can compare them to lurkers. the lurker neither creates, regurgitates or makes any posts untill they are up to scratch with the culture of the board they intend to eventually engage in and only ever post when replying to an especially good post either it being funny or original allowing people who have new ideas or concepts more space and attention for their original posts and is good for this site, a redditor on the other hand is only a waste of space and simply spews onto their keyboards opinions they saw on reddit without any attempt to learn the ways of the board they are posting on resulting in space wasting shit posting which is neither funny or ironic but only sad

>took off

>the mind set of the average redditor is not to create but rather to regurgitat
Totally agree and its true which we all know but I dont get why theyd come here for something really better suited for their own board but appreciate your explanation its logical.

>the mind set of the average redditor is not to create but rather to regurgitate
Bane?

I liked reading the IMDB boards after watching a movie, it was comfy

>Bane?
its humour comes from how many times its been reposted and all the varients its created
bane is the highest example of shitposting done right

That's because the influx started before April 2013

>from how many times its been reposted
You mean regurgitated.
Bane?

the difference is that bane is being regurgitated ironically

Bane?

lol at that cliff drop once lost ended

are any of you cute girls? ill send you money for pics ^_^

>cute girls leave Sup Forums
>board goes to shit
bring back girls

in another thread, some faggot called Marc Maron "amazing." I thought that was pretty weird.