I don't get it, what exactly did he do wrong? I mean, apart from that killing your rival's family and the incest thing...

I don't get it, what exactly did he do wrong? I mean, apart from that killing your rival's family and the incest thing, but other than that I don't see how that makes him a bad emperor.

he was blowing all the city's money on his extravagant games and ignoring important matters

So, he's like every leader ever?

Events like the world cup stimulate the local economy like crazy, he didn't even have to build a stadium

>implying incest is ever wrong

His own father knew he was weak and would be a poor leader. He got assflustered like a little babby and proved his father right.

the real commodus was an even bigger fuckhead than the one in gladiator

The games were free you pleb

they would still stimulate the economy

Well certainly like one particular and relevant leader today...

this,

dude was nuts, killing thousands of animals himself with a bow and arrow, even had special crescent bladed arrows to kill ostriches.

which leader are you refering to?

lmao drumpf btfo how can he ever recover

Assad, obviously.

Was he gay? Why did he kiss Russell Crowe on the neck before stabbing him?

Not sure what games are going on right now, are you talking about Brazil's president who arranged the Olympics and The World Cup?

This, so much. The sources make no bones that he was in contention for being one of the worst Emperors Rome ever had, vying for that dubious honor with the likes of Nero and Caligula.

Well he wanted to fuck his sister, and stared creepily at his nephew while he was sleeping, and what bothers you is that he kissed Russell Crowe's neck? Dude was just crazy

At least Nero and Caligula were relevant, Commodus was just a mentally ill idiot that only became emperor because of his father.

>they would still stimulate the economy

If done right, sure.

Commodus did everything wrong, and spent money like Micheal Jackson on xanax. Wasted a massive surplus, not on wars or infrastructure or pensions or even corruption, but stupid rich-kid instagram bullshit.

"I want 30 solid gold fountains filled with wine!"
That type of shit.

> Dude was just crazy
>>reddit

joaquin plays him likeably, or at least humanly, thats part of why its a memorable movie.

apparently the real commodus was a faggot that forced people to watch him kill injured and crippled people in the arena, because he wanted to play hercules

I HAVE COME

one of them is named after a toilet the other is named gladiator how did you think it would turn out

Did you watch the movie? It's explicitly stated that he's wasting Rome's money and food, and that the people will starve to death if nobody stops him.

Most threads with questions about movies can easily be answered by actually watching the fucking movie.

>apparently the real commodus was a faggot that forced people to watch him kill injured and crippled people in the arena, because he wanted to play hercules

Uh that's what he does in the fucking movie bro. Do you not remember him stabbing Maximus?

His fault as a son, was Aurelius failure as a father. Prove me wrong

>Citizens of Rome missing their feet through accident or illness were taken to the arena, where they were tethered together for Commodus to club to death while pretending they were giants.

Hahaha what a legend

>Commodus was also known for fighting exotic animals in the arena, often to the horror of the Roman people. According to Gibbon, Commodus once killed 100 lions in a single day.[27] Later, he decapitated a running ostrich with a specially designed dart[28] and afterwards carried the bleeding head of the dead bird and his sword over to the section where the Senators sat and gesticulated as though they were next.[29] Dio notes that the targeted senators actually found this more ridiculous than frightening, and chewed on laurel leaves to conceal their laughter.[30] On another occasion, Commodus killed three elephants on the floor of the arena by himself.[31] Finally, Commodus killed a giraffe, which was considered to be a strange and helpless beast.[32]

What the fuck was his problem?

DRUMPF BTFO

Dilmah

behold the glory of rome

let's be honest....was it autism?

>After being cast as Jor-El, Superman's father in Richard Donner's 1978 superhero flick, Commodus suggested that it might be better if he simply provided the voice of the character. "He suggested—strongly—that Jor-El could be a suitcase or a green bagel that spoke with the emperor's voice," producer Ilya Salkind recalled. "I was really young and I was sweating it out. I said 'My God, this is finished, the movie will not happen ... The man will destroy everything. This is impossible. Jor-El will be a bagel.'" Fortunately, Donner stepped in: "Commodus, I think that people want to see their emperor playing Jor-El. They don't want to see a green bagel."

jesus what a diva

Similar problem that Kim Jong Un has.

Stupidly powerful, paranoid, think's he's a god.