Where does the Spanish Empire rank in history?

1492-1975

The Spanish Empire began pretty much the moment they kicked out all the Muzzies and the Kikes, and grew to become one of the largest empires in history and one of the first global empires.

How does it compare to other empires throughout history?

who cares

This desu. They got a fuck load of gold and ruined their progress

They were the first global superpower, so props to them for that, but they mined too deep and got corrupted by gold fever. I'd give them a 7/10

FPBP

at the corner of dude and catastrophe

>The Spanish Empire
>1492-1975
>1975

>1975

Well that's when it was dissolved.

5/10 corrupted by gold and not as big as the British Empire at its height.

History of Spain:

Spain: Should i put my dick into it?
Everyone: No
Spain: Too late

Mexico and assorted shitholes or US, Canada, and Australia?

75 was when the last vestiges of Morocco were handed over

Better than the German "Empire"

They got raped and pillaged by Muslims though

Third better colonial empire in Europe

Second, at best.

1- Spanish Empire (remove kebab, kikes and heretics; 1492 best year of my life; Lepanto and Cartagena ftw; first in add lands to the truly faith)
2-Russian Empire (like Spain, but for the opposite side of the world)
3-Portuguese Empire (like Spain, but with negroes)
4-British Empire (Hegemony in XIX, and the most efficient in pillage and obtain benefits)
5-French Scum (kebab lovers; they traitor avoid that Spain free the Balkans after Lepanto; same game against Russia in Crimea war)
6-Dutch homos (extra heretics; they destroy the opportunity to make Japan a christian country)

I disagree with some of these statements (guess which), but I'll agree that 4 and 5 have a huge power-gap.

They didn't even convert their moors/niggers, and just planted a couple flags and called it a day. Now they complain about the muslims.

It was truly the first global superpower. Sadly, the Jews ruined it with hyperinflation, and now Spain is nothing more than a hollow shell of its former self.

Given the relative military weakness of the conquered populations and deal cut with Portugal concerning competitive spheres (Treaty of Tordesillas 1494) I wouldn't say the territorial gains were that impressive.

Wealth that was accumulated was impressive at face value but was completely squandered and ended up discouraging innovation and industrialization. The Dutch were figuring out how stock markets and joint stock companies worked while the Spanish were borrowing cash from them with promises of future gold/silver deliveries just to meet their expenses.

Quality of institutions left behind would probably be the best gauge and in that case it was abysmal. Even Bolivar realized everything would be fucked up by 1830 when he wrote:

'This country will fall inevitably into the hands of the unbridled masses and then pass imperceptibly into the hands of petty tyrants... Once we have been devoured by every crime and extinguished by utter ferocity, the Europeans will not even regard us as worth conquering.'

Better than some of the more rapacious and destructive empires but one of the worst launched from Europe with the exception of Belgium.

sad watching them now

Yes Portubro; maybe french and brits make power but they dont make the world a better place. Our empires (and the russian) rule ad maiorem dei gloria; but the pirate associations (rank 4-6) were a kebab-lovers that only gain money, no souls. Today the legacy of Spain and Portugal is stronger even the motherland is ruined.

You can't serve the money and God at the same time.

How did Belgium manage to be the worst attempt at colonial expansion fucking ever? Like they assembled every bad idea possible.

>italy

Its like finding out that your once glorous veteran father is now a drunk/junkie transexual.

And you know your fate is no better.