So when does it get bad?

I'm through 3 seasons of this so far and the quality is still very high and I'm enjoying this so much but every person who recommended this to me said it gets really bad later on. Were they all just wrong or is it the general consensus that the first 3 seasons are GOAT and everything else gets noticeably worse?

It won't affect whether or not I continue watching it, because this is the best experience I have ever had watching a show but I'm just curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JiQX2JwYliI
contactmusic.com/adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje/news/lost-star-asked-to-go-home_1013264
youtube.com/watch?v=U3O59xXMBkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I stopped watching after season 3. I like a good show but I need resolution from time to time. Couldn't stand the constant bullshittery. As a result I have actively avoided anything with Damon Lindelof has been attached to since, expect Prometheus, and I even hate that to a degree because it reminded me of my Lost frustrations of 2007

Season 5 is where the show gets weird

Season 6 is where the show takes a nosedive in quality

it starts getting ridiculous around season 4

season 5 isn't too bad the first time you watch it because it gives a lot of details on the dharma initiative. if you ever rewatch the show you'll probably hate s5 though (i do, it's so fucking bad)

season 6 is a travesty

>Two players. Two sides. One is light one is dark.

So this is the duality of man.

The show died with Merry

its already gone to shit by season three you just havent realized it yet

Last 5 minutes of Season 3 is the greatest twist in the history of television

This is the moment when it started to get into pure science fiction

It never actually gets very "bad", per se. The characters will continue to be written well and consistently. The actual filmmaking will continue to be good. It's just that in the later seasons, things start going off the rails and it becomes clearer and clearer that there were never any answers - there were just weird, nonsensical mysteries thrown in to string people along. It becomes messy and unfulfilling.

Season 4 is about as kino as Lost gets, only 13 episodes and very little filler. Then after that is the DUDE TIME TRAVEL season and you'll know what everyone was talking about. IMO it's still enjoyable through the end

Honestly the show is pretty good start to end if you're ok with sci-fi

man you should really forgive him. Lost was never even his show to make really, ABC just wanted a Gilligan's Island for the 21st century and he got hired. He and Abrams admitted to trying to write an unfilmable show, it's a fluke it got so popular.

The Leftovers on the other hand is transcendental and you shouldn't even be expressing opinions on this board if you haven't seen it

Can't help but think beight meight. Otherwise, it is indeed going to drop in quality. Watch it anyway

I didn't care too much about season 1 or 2 (except with the episodes about the mysteries of the island, the hatch and whatever). Loved season 3 and 4. This is kino.

Season 5, with that "moving the island" stuff is getting a little too fantastic. But whatever, the island has weird electromagnetic properties so... yeah.

Someone post /lost/ screencaps.

This really. They deliberately wrote themselves into holes by raising questions without a clue as to what the answers were going to be. It's the Stephen King method of making shit up as you go along, and just like a lot of Stephen King, it starts throwing supernatural shit around on the way to an unsatisfying ending.

this so fucking much, it hit me like a jolt

Can't believe it aired 10 years ago.

It's all Jack trying to make sense to his death

Watched the entire series twice now, enjoyed it thoroughly up until season 6 bothtimes. First time through, hated the finale. Second time through, loved it.

Best character: makes good eggs

>kimi
>not Mr. Eko

One of the most likeable black guys on TV ever

what were those 5 minutes about again? The flashforwards of Jack after leaving the island and the appearance of Kate?

Never. Lost is the highest form of Kino ever achieved in a mainstream TV show. Every episode is worth watching.

>not Desmond

Best episode: The Constant

yes, the reveal that they were flashforwards, and that Jack and Kate (and ?) were going to go home AND that Dr. I'm-Getting-Off-This-Fucking-Island Shepherd had done a 180 and was suicidal and so desperately WE HAVE TO GO BACK KATE

Elko was based af but I was analdevastated that they killed him off. Especially after he stared down the MiB the first time and his faith never wavered yet smokefaggot went homicidal the second time.

Really I just liked liked Keamy for not being a certain shade of gray, made hime stand out.

Think of the balls on the showrunner/writers for that finale.

You're 3 years into the most popular network adventure drama. The show is all about mystery mystery mystery.

And suddenly you just casually reveal to your audience that yeah, our main characters are going to get off the island, the show is far from over, but we actually see them POST-ISLAND-RESCUE, and the main guy wants to go BACK

I'll never not be thoroughly impressed with that finale.

Also no question about your best episode. GOAT tier, Desmond a cute.

Blame the actor. Their intention was to make Eko a core of the show, the philosophical answer to Locke, but they reluctantly agreed to change their plans because Adelewa Makala-Bingbangbong thought Hawaii sucked and wanted to go home.

RedditGod here. Didn't get the ending. Please explain.

Really? fucking fuck. I can actually almost imagine that, Locke's faith was strong but twisted and led him down the wrong path and he became the body for Smokefag, I'm guessing Eko would have been the Island protector and died to save everyone leaving Jack to lead everyone on the island. that actually would have had a shitload more impact and made more sense.

I didn't need to know what could have been Eko and Locke were my favorites. and they both got fucking screwed.[/spoiler]

You'll either love it or you'll know when it gets "bad". Personally I could have watched another 10 seasons. I still have fucking dreams about being being on that island.

That soundtrack youtu.be/JiQX2JwYliI I get chills at 0:56

Pretty much this
This is why I've never agreed with all of the hate, since I saw it all as an endlessly enthralling exploration of a bunch of people reconciling themselves with the brashness and cruelty of their person's truth and purpose-- Jack's being the most significant.

The manner in which a person's path manifests itself can be as maddening as a black pillar of smoke smashing you into a few palm trees before fucking you in the ass, etc

What the fuck? Is this legit?

Never.

Stop listening to bandwagon children and shortbus riders.

Was there ever a show with a soundtrack as good as Lost?

Will there ever be again?

Sorry for passing on the rage. I remember being so confused watching it the first time, and seeing it build and build and set them at odds, and then it's just over. When I found out that it was the result of the actor being super bummed about living in Hawaii and wanting out it was rage-inducing. I understand that JJ and crew didn't want to force him to spend years doing something that he hated, but seriously, what the fuck. What kind of actor is miserably unhappy with a high-profile gig on a hit show. But no, living in Hawaii was too much for him to bear, so he got them to reluctantly kill him off.

Honestly it's only because of the flashes. Cut the flashes out and season 6 would be...way shorter, but an ok ending.

Battlestar Galactica has a great soundtrack too, if not better than LOST, but both are top tier in terms of tv shows.

I just looked it up to make sure since I never heard it before, it looks like it's legit.

contactmusic.com/adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje/news/lost-star-asked-to-go-home_1013264

Sounds like his parents died, he hated hawaii, he was having drinking problems and wanted to leave.

>yfw we could have had a final showdown between SmokeLocke and Eko in the finale and we got fucking robbed.

BUT YOUVE GOTTA... MAKE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIIIIIC

Seems subjective af user. First watch I thought the sideflashes were from alternative timelines and the finale was some christfaggotry.
Second time through I figured the sideflashes were a kind of limbo and that each character needed to accept their fate to pass into the afterlife together as a group. With that idea in mind it was one of the comfiest finales I've ever watched to a show.

Hate on my opinion all you want, I still get the warm fuzzies just thinking about it.

>Best episode: The Constant

>Stating objective facts as if they are opinions

What is your end game, user?

Definition of bandwagon. So many people have told me it got worse as the show goes on. When I ask them why it got worse they say 'oh i didn't watch it'.... fucking sheeple
I think the later seasons have some of the BEST episodes in the whole show. (even if the mystery of the island gets a bit bizarre)

>Not Exposé

Holy fuck, my jimmies will always be rustled now that I know this. Damnit Eko, you were supposed to be the chosen one!

That's probably the worse non-Kate episode of the entire series

fucking kate. does everyone sort of agree she is the most annoying cunt ever? I even hate that actress in everything else shes in. (ehem hobbit)

>Thing is... we're gonna have to take the boy.
>*single low guitar string pluck*

If you're serious.

basically the Island is magic bullshit hotspot on the planet and it needs someone there to constantly protect it, one day a mom and two kids from roman times get onto the island somehow, crazy protector kills the mom and kidnaps the two kids and raises them as her own.

One day one of them(smokey) gets asspained and kills the protector. the other boy(Jacob) tries to contain his autism makes a deal with him to play a game with him forever if he promises to not be a COMPLETE faggot. Jacob will constantly bring people to the island to try to prove themselves worthy of being the new protector and Smokecock will try to tear them apart and prove humanity is weak and always corrupt-able. this goes on and on for hundreds of years until we get to the newest group of candidates and one of them actually manages to kill smokey. The end.

*BOOM*
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT

the first half of season 6 with the temple and Lennon and the Asian dude are dumb and boring as fuck. Although smokey wiping them all out is goat.

thatsthejoke.webm

Kate episodes are bad but Evangeline Lily is my waifu so they're bearable

Lost is a slightly better show, but BSG has a way better soundtrack. Nothing wrong with Lost's, but Bear's BSG music is gods-tier.

She has such god tier feet and body

Post moar

I never needed to know about this. I will now remember this every time I try to rewatch or think about the show. everything would have been less hammy this way. god fucking damnit

fug getting some feels bros

Honestly, that one never really bothered me. It's just a weird pretty self-contained story with an epic cameo and a creepy ending.

Kate-centric episodes were cancerous ebola and bloody diarrhea but my god they were almost still worth watching to see her in a bikini.

I unironically love Exposé. Those in-jokes
>Sawyer: Who the hell are Nikki and Paulo?
That ending...

Yeah I actually like that episode. If it had been in the first or second season I dont think people would have complained about it. It got shit because everyone was waiting for answers and then "surprise new side character episode that doesn't effect the main plot!"

Can we all agree that the flash forward Jack based episodes where the best? Especially that one where he is with Kate and the kid but just can't be happy. 2 many feelz

>this is what the writers pulled from their collective ass to explain le mysterious island

I still remember my outrage learning that the the whispers were LE GHOSTS

Kys faggot

And they pulled most of this shit in the last couple episodes and just told the audience to accept it.

this was still the most fun I ever had with a TV show ever. nothing will ever match the feels or the anticipation, I would trade the ride for nothing even if the end was pretty shit.

I would contend that S2 premiere is at least equal.

Is that Sawyer? Hmmm who is this.... charlie?......*bang* OHHHHH SHIIITIITITITITITITII~!I!AUIWEVHUCWCAWJCOAWIJC

quality-wise the show is mostly consistent til the end, it's mainly that it basically switches genres after s3, it becomes full on scifi, and s6 has a bit of fantasy in it too.

of course, if you like that, then no problem, you'll enjoy it. Like i did, honestly, i love this show, easily my favorite of all time.

I recognize its flaws, and sure enough, there's quite a lot of it, and yeah the ending is a bit on the underwhelming side, but never before or after has a show given me so much shit to talk about with people both irl and online.

not to mention all the amazing characters and GOAT setting. It's truly a once in a lifetime thing.

Also, Lost has the best TV soundtrack of all time

the legendary element of this particular show is that you are finally forced to face the horrible reality that the writers were just making it up as they went along, and never had any kind of plan or idea about what it all meant, how it ties together, or why anything happened in the first place

The thought of her getting dirtier and hairier from being stuck on the island and basically being the island whore being passed between Jack and Sawyer really gets me going and usually im not into that kinda shit

freaky

If you were on the Island with the Oceanic crew from day 1 what path would you choose?

>Locke's assistant/protege

>Claire's island boyfriend and baby daddy

>Jack's eternal bro

>Sawyer's partner in crime

>Honest work with Jin

>Seduce and Debitch Shannon

>Find Sayid Batteries

the possibilities are endless.

I love this complaint, because I really don't feel like the show would have been nearly as good if they had tried to plan everything out from S1E1, and required themselves to have an explanation in mind for every single mysterious element they introduced. A show like that is about the ride for me.

It wouldn't have been completely ruined for me even if it had somehow been cancelled out of nowhere and nothing was ever fully explained, so it's funny to see people complaining not just because they didn't like the answers, but because they felt cheated somehow that the writers didn't have those answers in mind when the questions were posed.

>That music in the final scene
Literally god tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=U3O59xXMBkI

Can I choose to show up on the freighter in S4 and smoke weed everday with Faraday?

Is true, the Sup Forums threads were among the most fun I've ever had on this board.

Of course. I myself would be in the tail section so I could fight Others by night with Eko and get me some of that flight attendant pussy by day.

>smoke weed everday with Faraday

can you believe this qualified as "humor"
on Sup Forums 5+ years ago?

They were simpler times.

Lost was too ambitious for its time. It just simply isnt the kind of show you can put on network TV, because they will stretch shows out as long as possible as long as they have good ratings.

If something like Netflix existed at the time, it would have been perfect for the show. More compact seasons, end-date negotiated from the start, and still big budget.

That being said, despite all of it, Lost still is one of the best shows ever made, despite having dozens of episodes and storylines that were clearly invented just to fill time.

You sure that you don't mean plebbit rather than 4chinz?

>rewatching LOST
>get to season 3
>get bored don't watch it for a year
>can't remember what I watched last
>start on episode 1
this has happened too many times

>start the show multiple times
>always lose interest around season 3
I don't even know why, I just stop watching, and in half a year I start over because I never remember where I stopped

they were the best of times

Find Sayid batteries sounds like a Gameboy game mission that you have to do before you can go to the next area and it's always boring and shitty

fugg

I'm drawing a blank. You don't mean Ana Lucia do you? If butch latina lesbos are your thing who am I to judge?

It went to shit after the first season but you can't realize that until you've watched it all.
It's bullshit after bullshit.
Although binging on it will lessen the impact of the bullshit compared to us who waited years and years for resolution.

Nope. Back then it was all about the vertical comics and """"""""""""memes""""""""""". I know because I was there

I remember L O S T being the first show I actually discussed on the internet. There were several big forums dedicated just for that one show. Thousands of posts every day, everyone sharing their theories, trying to predict what happens next, analyzing fucking every single frame (holy shit remember the blast door drawings in season 2?). It was like a constant easter egg hunt.

It also spawned the best threads on Sup Forums. It just hasn't been the same since.

I'd argue that the experience of dissecting and discussing the show was just as fun as actually watching it.

I rewatched it last year and it was awesome. Holds up really well, aside from some CGI. But without the community, it just wont ever be the same.

W-What? the Australian Flight attendant that gave Jack extra Vodka on the plane. granted she got a little Crazy looking later on but she was super QT in the early days.

Aw fuggg, good taste user. Don't mind me, i been sipping on that whiskey all day. Sorry for party rocking, haters don't like we got the spotlight.

There's nothing behind the mystery.
The writers just made shit up as they went along.

>I'd argue that the experience of dissecting and discussing the show was just as fun as actually watching it.

this

I wish there was nothing, the problem is that the solutions are shit.

it gets bad in season 2 but it gets really bad when the mercs attack the island and they recycle the ben locke contrived dynamic from s2 ad nauseam.

After a few years of raising questions they eventually sat down and figured out where the hell this could possibly go. It's the same reason why the ending of books like IT are pretty dodgy. King just throws shit at the wall until he gets to page 500 and then he tries to scramble a way his set-up can possibly resolve.