So what did you all think of the premiere? I think it's promising, but I could see then jumping the shark very easily

So what did you all think of the premiere? I think it's promising, but I could see then jumping the shark very easily.

No r or m words please, you know what they are.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark
youtube.com/watch?v=d-xREfdihtY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Szechuan

reddit

Why do western cartoon writers feel the need to solve everything in one episode?

>*BURPPP* God's not real Morty
>the redditor takes a step back from the laughter to remember that G*d is indeed an opioid for the masses
>Y-y-your parents are fucking idiots Morty every*URP*body is stupid except for me
>the redditor laughs at the joke but knows deep down that he and Rick are one in the same, misunderstood geniuses with no need for human companionship
>WUBALABADUBDUB SCRUPPY POOPY DOOPY DOO
>The redditor gets Rick's edgy sense of postmodern abstract humor and posts a detailed review of the episode praising it's artistic merits
>mmmm get schwifty
>the redditor's mind buckles beneath the weight of its own genius and he escapes into a state of intellectual nirvana

I liked it. Wasn't side-splittingly funny (Had the biggest chuckle at the fake gun part) but it seems promising. I wonder if Jerry is really gone for good though.

The sauce wasnt

When is Morty going to lick his balls?

Adventure Time doesn't do that. It's also deeper than Rick and Morty.

why are people who watch anime such faggots?

Its by default due to lack of sex

Adventure time is only half of a tier higher than MLP. Understand where you stand.

>I wonder if Jerry is really gone for good though.

I hope he is. Jerry is a truly unfunny, unlikable character. Doesn't have one redeeming or entertaining quality. It's like if that koala from American Dad was in every episode.

Take it back you fucking nerd.

Jerry is the source of most of the better jokes. The jerry daycare episode for example is pretty great just because it pokes fun at jerry so much.

When they have to go back in time and stop that man from planting the tree.

le burping alcoholic but am in reality quite clever ;) with a wicked sense of humour to boot ;)

you're gonna wubba love these dub dubs

I think I would have rather watched Samurai Jack.

Jerry Being afraid is one of the funniest to watch. youre suppose to laugh at his pain.

The cartoon show

I noticed people use it more and more so it's time to found out - what does "jump the shark" mean? And why shark?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

s1 > s2 premiere > s3 premiere >>> literal feces >>> s2
Wrapping up the plothooks like this feels like a backpedal which is honestly in the show's best interest because drama doesn't fit this show at all. S1's evil morty finale was a perfect level of seriousness mixed with actually being funny and hopefully they go back to that.

To be fair this episode was tying up a loose end from the previous season, but i think it's so they can do gag episodes and not rely on plot

What kind of moron compares an episodic comedy cartoon to a serial anime. You just sound stupid, dude. You're basically saying "Hey everyone! Look at how smart I am because I watch anime. I'm smart, right?"

Adventure time is one of the greatest television programs ever, and I am not saying that ironically

Jerry is a great character.
Why do so many retards think that every character has to be likeable?

Why did you have to preface that question by saying how much your like him?

Justin Roiland is in this thread

youtube.com/watch?v=d-xREfdihtY

The comic con-con video they released showed how he transferred his conscious already, looks like they dumped that idea for a shorter episode that covered more.

You must be fun at parties

I dont think user was saying that he likes Jerry, but that Jerry is great for what he brings to the show. Like that he is the butt of everyone's jokes for being the "step-ford dad" in the series which represents the changing modern family dynamic and the increasingly unimportant role of being "normal" in our society today.

Except he said he was a great character which means a distinguished person which means someone who is successful, authoritative, and commanding respect which is a feeling of deep admiration which is pleasurable which is likeable.

If he said something like he serves a necessary purpose that would be one thing, but he called him great.

Ehh, we all misuse language from time to time.
Like how people use the word "awesome" almost constantly.
Thats just what I took from the comment.

The first half of the episode was really lacking in comedy. way 2 many references to past episodes and not enough new fun jokes. Overall I would say it was still a pretty solid start considering how much build up there was.

Then you answered his question, people feel as if every character needs to be likeable because they just misuse language and mistake every narrative necessity for character likeability.

He's /ourguy/.

Dan Harmon is an idiot Reddit memester

>he has this pasta saved and whips it out every chance he gets.

We all wish it was a truly metaphorical reference, but no, the fonz literally jumped a shark.

This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes,

Wtf is adventure time

You mean relationship time?

Hope they focus on comedy and sci fi. No more Beth and Jerry subplots so things are looking up.

you think the name Rick and Morty has anything to do with Reddit and Memes?

>Stop liking things I don't like!

Because when a shark comes up to you, you jump!

analingual sycophant

It was good, I really hope they don't get caught up in the plot too much. This is a comedy first

No, that's a side effect from your brain melting from being on this site for too fucking long.

Chris Parnell probably had to do another session of Archer

>having an overarching plotline
>not having an episodic series in which each episode is its own plot
This is why I hate television fags. Everything has to have some sort of endgame. Why not just enjoy the experience and have everything to do with any particular episode CONTAINED within itself (with maybe a few call backs and references in future episodes now and again). This is why I didn't particularly like the last 3 South Park seasons. If I want to watch any episode from those seasons I have to go back and watch the ones before it so I can be brought up to speed and understand what the fuck is going on. Unlike you guys I have a life (no I don't) and I just want to FUCKING WATCH MY SHITTY TV WITHOUT HAVING TO BE LOST BECAUSE THE WRITERS FELL FOR THE OVERARCHING STORYLINE MEME. Go watch Game of Memes if you want that shit just don't bring it to my silly reddit show

Twice.

Great, like always. Can't wait for season 3's improv episode.

adventure time is only deep for a children's cartoon. if it was meant for adults it wouldn't be considered particularly deep.

it's the paul potts effect. the surprise of the deepness makes it deeper.

MLP is fucking trash. Tried watching the first episode and could barely make it through.

it was hella f*cking epic

Szechwan sauce xdxdxd

Wasted dubs on a fag

I'll get dubs in place of him

funny thing about this whole thing is that Sup Forums is meming "le szechuan sauce" and "gods not real morty" more than reddit ever did. we project our own autistic attachment to juvenile memes (FOR YOU, HAHAHA BANE, SO KINO) while the casual, non-autistic watcher laughs once or twice at the joke and moves on with his life. So while the redditor might slip a szechuan sauce reference once in a while to his coworkers and have a chuckle and get some high fives, we fidget and twist and shriek at the idea of other people having fun with OUR meme culture. No one can like what we don't like. No one can use memes that we don't approve of, but also no one can take our memes and misuse them. WE are the real cancer.

pleb

>So
Why do redditors always start their posts with "so"?

It's just unnecessary.

Don't project your own shortcomings onto Sup Forums
The two states are similar but coincidental, injest blach

They don't pass over the jokes like you believe. Redditors are really making petitions to bring Szechuan sauce back.

Its a marketing ploy, Disney and McDs have known they were bringing back Mulan for over a year.

>Redditors are really making petitions to bring Szechuan sauce back.
Better make fun of them

I frkn love Rick and Morty and I frkn love Szechwan sauce.

>le drinking bleach meme
could you have been more obvious underage b&? gbtr

this is like the fifth thread up right now. holy fucking shit can we dial this shit back a little bit?

>Not shitposting with a rick and morty theme

what did user mean by this?

>Have enough material for a 3 parter detailing Rick escaping and overthrowing the Galactic Federation AND the Council of Ricks

>Instead throw away all the filler and condense it all into one amazing episode

Truly impressed

FUCK OFF REDDIT CANCER

YOU HAVE A BOARD FOR THIS SHIT

POST YOUR SHITTY SHOW THERE

there was a better one of these

does anyone have it?