Think back to senior year of high school. Prom, college applications, driving around with your friends, etc

Think back to senior year of high school. Prom, college applications, driving around with your friends, etc.

Who was your favorite director?

>>/reddit/

your pic related

still is, in many ways

i never went to prom lol

>prom
>friends

fuck off

>prom
>friends
>cars
>liking paul thomas anderson as a teenager
>liking paul thomas anderson, at all

???

Probably Kubrick, if I had to make a choice at that age, but I didn't really get into film until some years later.

>having a favorite anything ever

>Prom, college applications, driving around with your friends, etc.
I literally did none of this.

Gretzsky

PTA, actually. or maybe Kubrick, I was big on Kubrick's dick then. my girlfriend and I spent a week or so watching all of his movies.

You didn't go to college?
>No NEETs allowed

>prom
didn't go
>college applications
I sent like 2 and ended up not going
>driving around
didn't have a car
>friends

for my senior final project in my film class in HS I did it on Edgar Wright and showed some clips of Hot Fuzz to the class, so I guess he was my favorite at the time. Kind of dumb, he has 2 movies that are good and not much else

I'm 30 and PTA is still one of my favourite directors, I've watched The Master like 8 times

Probably Satoshi Kon off the top of my head

I don't remember but PTA really is my favorite director.
There may be movies I consider better or enjoy more, but he's good at what he does.
I love The Master. Love PDL.
Everything he's done, honestly.

Farrelly Brothers

Kubrick
I became a pleb when I turned 20 and now my favorite director is James Cameron.

...Wes Anderson.

I was one of those edgy, rich, sheltered borderline sociopaths getting straight A's and doing drugs after school with a bunch of rich white kids whose parents that didn't pay attention to them.

>tfw I was browsing /r9k/ the entire time regardless

wasn't into film even half as much as I am now. Cut back on the edge

Scorsese. Still is though.

>going to college in the current year
hoo boy

I didn't watch films back then in any meaningful way.

I still don't have any favourite director/filmsbecause how a film is viewed is easily skewed by current emotion/mood.

Louis Malle

I didn't have a favorite director then

or now