How long until they start dominating football?

How long until they start dominating football?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_men's_national_soccer_team#Players
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

uhm sweety we already do :^)

never, stupid inbred mutts are too busy playing handegg and apehoop

t. Jesus Esteban Gonzalez

t. Steve "Johnny" Miller

>t. arnold schwarzenegger

>inbred
>mutt

I don't think you understand how this works.

a long time

Dempsey's old, Bradley cant be asked to actually play as a competent midfielder unless he's in Canada, Altidore is still fucking garbage, Pulisic cant carry the team on his own, and Howard is on his way out. Hopefully mckennie stays or improves at >Schalke, but we dont have a lot of bright hopes in the wings as our youth are edging out draws in friendlies.

how
about
right
fucking
now

This summer we're going to win our first world cup.....rrrrr right?

I have some bad news, user

Once the NFL dies from CTE studies

2022 world cup champions

CHI

I think the sport wild have to become popular across their inner cities for that to happen. And I don't see that happening; there's too much cultural attachment to basketball and NFL. Currently, football over there is a middle-class suburban thing.

and its almost impossible to get in to because of the youth academies' absurd entrance fees

That's such an irrelevant meme excuse sockerfags here invented out of thin air to explain away why they ain't very good.

Soccer*

>yurop super bowls: 0
get your shit together, holy shit

this. suburban housewives won't let their kids play football once the studies and age limit regulations start to roll out. hopefully other sports will be played more like golf, badminton, volleyball, etc... NFL is stale af any way.

Suburban housewives don't give a shit about CTE, it's a media outrage meme like most things

>t. honda toyota

Justin Timberlake said he won't let his kids play football, and suburban housewifes always follow whatever celebrities tell them to do

Yeah let's destroy arguably the most character building activities for males and one of the biggest bulwarks against social decay because you have a problem with the pro league and some shifty conflated medical evidence. Great idea.

It's nice that you believe that, in the meantime, most football players aren't coming from suburban housewives or Justin Timberlake, they're coming from poor black enclaves throughout the south and white corn fed farm towns.

You want super bowl?

If you look at our leagues by revenue:

1. Football: $14,000 million
2. Baseball: $10,000 milllion
3. Basketball: $6,000 million
4. Hockey: $4,000 million
5. COLLEGE football: $3,000 million
6. Soccer: $800 million

The big four sports are absolutely massive. Soccer is nowhere near any of them, it would take a very long time for it to get popular enough for us to dominate it and honestly I think it never will.

I think we'll see more families in the suburbs shift their kids over to baseball, basketball, and (in the northeast/great lakes region) hockey.

>kids with any ounce of talent to their name can't get in because it's too expensive
>any trust fund baby with daddy's checkbook gets in regardless of them even kicking a ball
>irrelevant excuse

Hurr

football is one of the biggest bulwarks against social decay? holy shit you peaked in hs.
>shifty evidence
yea you have CTE and are retarded. if it's so character building then why aren't there so many great characters coming out of the ghetto? sorry user it's the reality. football will still be around but youth participation will decrease and schools will drop their programs.

>tripadvisor and trivago

you forgot that these programs, especially any ones worth being in needs money, explain how poor ghetto communities support national football. you think ivy league schools want to bring in 40 degenerates from the inner city to their school and give them free rides. all of this shit is supported by rich whites who don't want their kids being retarded by 22.

Your talent pool is going to shrink dramatically and the athletes who are leaving football will go some place else. Think about how the Big Ten or Big 12 or PAC12 will function without suburban lower-middle-class kids.

When a third of the country is latino this might not be the case. Not even saying this as an epic bant

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_men's_national_soccer_team#Players

Who the fuck are these people?

Can't you just identify talented 7 year olds, throw them in academies with good coaches for the rest of their childhoods, and eventually get a competent national team? Why can't we do this?

LOL

>When a third of the country is latino this might not be the case.
You'd be surprised. A lot of us (cubans, dominicans, puerto ricans) don't care about soccer at all. And even the mexicans tend to assimilate pretty quickly when it comes to sports. That's why there are so many "Doyers" fans and like half of all Raiders fans are Mexican. It's the same thing that happened to the Germans, Italians, and Eastern Europeans in the early 1900s. They came here playing soccer but switched to baseball/football within 20 years.

Wasn't it meant to have happened by now?

The talented 7 year olds don't want to play soccer. The 7 year olds playing soccer are generally unathletic suburban kids who mommy signed up for soccer so they can get a participation trophy. Honestly it's a fucking miracle our team ever qualifies for the world cup at all, and even then like 1/4 of the team is imported.

Yeah, people have been calling soccer "the sport of the future" for like 40 years now lol

Was soccer really as big in those places that long as it is now?
Regardless it seems soccer is already getting more and more popular over there, when I visited one of the first things I was invited to was a soccer match, they thoufht i'd be good cause i'm brazilian lel

samefag

>Regardless it seems soccer is already getting more and more popular over there
Soccer is definitely getting more popular, but it's not growing anywhere near the pace necessary to get it up to the level of the big three sports or even hockey for that matter.

>they thoufht i'd be good cause i'm brazilian lel
Lol

There are plenty of football players with great character. Jj watt for instance. Not even the majority are the criminal thugs you racists like to assume

About the same time they dominate healthcare and education.

when thirdworld shitskins become the majority

Until the structure of American football is completely changed. Only yuppies bankrolled by their rich parents can get the scholarship required to advance and eventually play in the MLS, actual good but financially poor talent is barred.

Not to mention Nascar, PGA, UFC dwarf it as well going strictly off revenue. The most comparable league to the MLS here is fucking IndyCar
lol where did this excuse come from? theres academies for all of our other sports and you certainly dont have to be in one to become great. It helps sure but you act like thats the only reason. Its a third rate sport so it attracts third rate talent.

>I think the sport wild have to become popular across their inner cities for that to happen. And I don't see that happening; there's too much cultural attachment to basketball and NFL. Currently, football over there is a middle-class suburban thing.
It will be interesting to see what happens if the NFL does die in the next couple of decades. That would leave a lot of inner city kids that are excellent athletes but not really built for basketball. Smart coaches from other sports would be wise to recruit them.

mi8 where have you been. the scholarship argument is the only argument. Jesus first day here? need your system where people don't immediately shunt to football, baseball, hockey when they are 12. I'm not saying it should happen, but until that happens, soccer gets 4th rate talent.

delet this

calcio storico