Archer Season 8 thread

What'd you guys think? I thought it was a little serious but I'm warming up to it

[spoiler/ fuck the AR scanner]

Got a stream?

People on Sup Forums and Sup Forums seem to have forgotten it existed

I liked it. Seems more subdued so far than past seasons, I think the writers took the criticism that the characters were getting way too flanderized and dialed back the yelling and one liners. We'll see how ep 2 goes.

I didn't know the new seasons started. I'll watch it.

I stopped watching this shit a while ago, so what's the deal, it changes time period by season?

I just made a thread about archer wondering why this doesn't get talked about at all.
I got called a faggot.

Until those last two seasons Archer was still something trendy, but now I get the feeling it's forgotten.

They stick to a specific job type as long as they can get stuff out of it. Started as spies, then drug dealers, then private eyes. I think they do 4 at each one.

Cant w8 to see it

Checkem three times my niggers

Here's your validation faggot.

Lost interest at archer vice. Thin pam i can deal with but country singer whatserface was shit. Also show was boring.

Does the quality pick up?

The next season completely scrapped that story line and it was much better. The damage was done though.

This show is still on?

Season 1 - 3 were gold. But after that it got super stale, all the characters became annoying flanderizations. And the dialog was just quips that rehashed the same old catch phrases.

I think the last season I watched was the one after Archer Vice.

I loved the spy agency episodes and hated the recent ones. But after the new season and switching to this film-noir theme I can say that it's definitely because of the writing and not because of the setting.

I have also realized that Archer isn't a laugh-out-loud funny show, but one which makes you internally chuckle at some nice wordplay and comical situations. The new season seems good, definitely dialed back on the obnoxiousness the previous ones had in the first episode.

I wish they'd go back to being a normal spy agency

I really enjoyed it
The conversation with mother made me laugh more than any other show in the last month or so

I like how they played the whole loss of the file as an obvious cliche. Without the blatant self-awareness, it would have pissed me off

Reddit needs to leave right now!

Damn I sure did. Last episode I've seen was the micro sub inside body episode.

Archer contains too much sex, which means this show is for normies and numales.

My DVR didn't record the first few minutes, anybody got a youtube link or just tell me what happened from the start to Archer finding Woodhouses body?

In the real world, did Woodhouse die of natural causes?

Do you want terrible spy agency themed episodes or mediocre to satisfying film-noir themed ones?

Nigga, just download the episode.

>intro shows archer being dead in pool
>cuts to funral, expect it to be archer's
>turns out it's woodhouse's
>archer is in a hospital in a coma
>mallory is sitting next to him and talking to lana
>they wonder what's going on in his mind and if he can hear them
>goes into a "coma sequence" and that's where you started watching

Don't be a faggot then

>Download the episode to find out what happened in the first few seconds.
Dont have to now, you just told me what happened.

I just wanted to know if Woodhouse died natural, murdered, or OD'd, or if they mentioned it at all.

Also for those bitching about this being a old detective story, it will change soon to Military, its going to be Archer in all his favorite shit, expect Bert to return and him being in Gator.

In the show they showed him lying in an alley shot multiple times.

I was a bit taken aback by the serious tone at the start, but that first conversation between archer and "mother" was some top tier writing. It just layered on itself and by the end i was losing it

Not during the dream sequence, but reality.

Such as "They talk about Woodhouse being murdered, Archer dreams he was murdered"

>but reality
In reality it's a cartoon

Arthur Henry Woodhouse
VC, GCB, DSO, DSC, MC
Servant
June 28, 1892
May 9, 19 obscured

huh - George Coe was on the first episode of SNL