Justice League’s Steppenwolf Will Be a Motion-Capture Character

PRAISE

>“Justice League,” the Zack Synder-directed DC Extended Universe film set to debut in theaters this November, will focus on the newly formed Justice League’s attempt to stave off an alien invasion in the absence of Superman, who died at the end of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.” The invasion will be led by none other than Steppenwolf, an otherworldly New God who will be played by “Game of Thrones” star Ciaran Hinds. While the 64-year-old actor seems like a strange choice to play an unfathomably powerful conqueror of worlds, it turns out that the film’s version of Steppenwolf will largely be a computer-generated character.

>“Basically they’re going to construct something, digitally, and then they will use my eyes and mouth,” said Hinds revealed in an interview with Independent.

>Hinds’ career stretches as far back as 1980, but the actor has never played role that required motion-capture. To prepare for the experience, he enlisted the help of actor and friend Liam Neeson, who recently came off a similar role as a giant talking tree in “A Monster Calls.” Hinds said Neeson sent him several pamphlets about motion capture acting.

>Hinds also dropped some extra information about his character, about which there has been precious little revealed. “He’s old, tired, still trying to get out of his own enslavement to Darkseid, [but] he has to keep on this line to try [to] and take over worlds,” he shared.

cbr.com/justice-leagues-steppenwolf-motion-capture/

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmicbooknews.com/jeff-bridges-darkseid-justice-league
vimeo.com/104297130
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He believes he got the part for his role in Excalibur.

>Another PS2 level CG monster like Doomsday
This is why DC can't compete. Marvel has complex, developed, human villains.

>Ciaran Hinds
I'm suddenly more interested

When are they fighting grapefruit boss?

nice bait, son

didn't take long for the brandwar shit to start, you brats.

Weren't there rumors that Jeff Bridges would play Darkseid?

cosmicbooknews.com/jeff-bridges-darkseid-justice-league

Seemed very unreliable.

>Justice League’s Steppenwolf Will Be a Motion-Capture Character
>Another CGI character
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As a DC fan I can't continue to pretend these are good decisions.

FUCKING HELL SNYDER

As a DC fan, we really can't let Snyder get hold of the nuclear codes.

And how would you, O glorious anonymous, make steppenwolf WITHOUT CGI?

Not gonna lie, former DC fan here. This is fucking hilarious watching Snyder crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the KINO codes

>He’s old, tired, still trying to get out of his own enslavement to Darkseid, [but] he has to keep on this line to try [to] and take over worlds
Sounds kino

How do I become high energy like Snyder?

Who is that guy on the table?

RDJ

>Steppenwolf Will Be a Motion-Capture Character

Highly disappointed

>Ciaran Hinds

that guy is with an asian old fart, he got CHINKED

Will one of the Silk Spectres get a role? vimeo.com/104297130

>Yet another fully CGI villain

Thanks DC

Snyder is too alpha for modern world, he should be born in the 18 century in Austria and make overrated operas while he fucks countesses and shit like that

I LIKE TO DREAM

RIGHT BETWEEN THE SOUND MACHINE

Kino is back, boys.

Fuckin kek.

he was a CONSUL OF APOKOLIPS

While not a villain, Collosus was mocap cgi in Deadpool.

>stupid idea
>"PRAISE!"

>stupid

No one here is gonna pay money to see this...

Right?

>making "regular guy in armor" character completely CGI for no reason
>not stupid

I dunno

don't bother with these retards
DCucks don't even know what Steppenwolf looked like before the Lex scene
They think he's a giant demon

He is, though - giant, at least. All the New Gods are. What travels to our plane is just some sort of avatar. For all we know, he's not even going to be corporeal.

Darkseid will kill Steppenwolf with his omega beams at the end of Justice League after Steppenwolf fails to retrieve the Mother Boxes back to Apokolips

Wrong, you dumb nigger. All of the new gods are humanoid except Darkseid who is a 9 foot tall stone man.

Krypton is an amazing world and I cannot wait for Apokolips.

Stop showing your ignorance. Kirby originally wrote them as giants who scale down to fit into our existence. Later he introduced the concept of avatars and even had Desaad impersonate Darkseid on earth using his.

>all arehumanoid
>except Darkseid
>who is a man

>Muh comic books

>muh warhammer concept art

>Kirby originally wrote them as giants who scale down to fit into our existence

thanks for confirming it

He is not a guy in armor in the movie, so you faggots are dense to suggest that it should not be mocap.

>m-muh comics!
lmao
If you want moving comics, go watch some animation.

hopefully Snyder knows what he is doing

Thanks for missing the point. They never *have* to come through scaled down.

>Darkseid
he sounds edgy

>18th century actors
>alpha
You know there is a reason because they dressed as women and because writers and musicians were usually gay, right? Real alphas were fighting wars or killing invaders

>comic book movie
>not based upon comic books
This is why normies shouldn't be allowed to make movies, because people like you or Snyder is why DC flicks suck.

You know how much Snyder and his creative team expect people to understand about the characters? So much that he never soundboards one thing to the audience. It's there to either be picked up on by the fans or leave the normies completely boggled.

Know why Bruce made a kryptonite spear instead of a bullet? No? Congratulations. You're a normie.

>implyig Snyder's movies aren't deep

You're just
>wwaaaaaaaaaaaahh I want allllllll my comic book shit in the first movie!

>Know why Bruce made a kryptonite spear instead of a bullet? No? Congratulations. You're a normie.

Why not though, hasn't this been done in DC before and worked?

Clearly, there is not an artist that exists today that could improve upon or modify such an impressive and timeless work of art.

No, and the fag you're replying to is wrong as well. It was a super-clever reference to Excalibur, because Snyder is not at all a fucking first-year film student using the most obvious and clumsy references and symbols.

>someone uses symbolism
>user happens to hate it for some reason
>"Well, he's just naive and doesn't know shit, I'm way better over here, shitposting on a taiwanese rice-gum massage board from my mother's basement"

I wonder how he will looks like.

>No, and the fag you're replying to is wrong as well.

Bruce is able to kill in self-defense, but that's the compromise he's making here. He's not allowing himself to kill in cold blood. That's why he brands guys on occasion. He thinks they're past redemption but he can't bring himself to kill someone who's at his mercy. So he brands them in the hopes that some other more "respectable" criminal will do his dirty work for him.

He's warring with his own obsession with vengeance. The "bat" wants to kill, the "man" is barely keeping it in check. Deep down he knows that Clark is one of the good guys, but when you're Bruce Wayne, your grief requires a target and Clark is the only target available in the aftermath of the Battle of Metropolis.

That's what Bruce's dream is trying to tell him - that by turning his back on the "angel," he's allowing his obsession to consume him. So he does something that's textbook Bruce Wayne - he prep-times himself into a confrontation with his own obsession. He creates a weapon that forces him to try to do the one thing he can't do - kill in cold blood - and predictably, he balks.

It's one of the most comic-book moments that's ever made it into a film, and possibly *the* most Batman moment. All that's left to ponder for now is whether Clark actually said his own mother's name or if Bruce just heard what he needed to hear.

>don't talk to me or my son ever again