I've witnessed some really clever mofos pop into a thread from time to time. Calling on you

I've witnessed some really clever mofos pop into a thread from time to time. Calling on you.

I've got a GoPro Session 5 (pic). 1.5"x1.5"x1.4". I want to hide it in plain sight. Be able to have it in my lap, on a table at starbucks, etc., without anyone identifying the camera. I can cover the whole camera save for a 0.5" diameter circle for the lens.

I looked for films that would cause visual noise in one direction, clarity in the other. Most options were perforated fabric..but they fuck the camera image up.

Now I'm thinking of putting it behind a thin transparent sheet of plastic/glass, that I'll darken with a sharpie all over, leaving clear a perfect 0.5" dia circle for the lens.

Let's figure this out, fellow problem solvers. I'll get on tomorrow and report updates, show pics. If we hit a homerun we can all wield the great power.

Attached: gopro-hero5-black-session.jpg (2000x1172, 99K)

Cmon now..

Attached: img_4901.jpg (212x722, 44K)

Mirrored window film? Put it on some sunglasses, in a sunglass case.

And then what? Drill a hole for the lens?

Attached: img_4909.jpg (172x662, 33K)

Secure it inside an old backpack in a specific spot and make a small tear in the bag for the lens, or a couple so the one hole isn't suspicious. Hang it on the back of a chair.

Why a Starbucks anyway? The location you want to hide it in matters because a backpack sticks out a lot more in some locations than others.

If I pull the camera back from the hole surface, that will effectively hide it but ruin image quality. Making it flush is also too observable.

Attached: Young_1_1f00727285.jpg (480x640, 81K)

That chick is fuckin hot

Attached: Young_1_1b7d1245056.jpg (204x598, 18K)

Get an old external hard drive or something with a mesh/grate backing that has holes larger than 0.5" and shove it in there.

Alternatively get a smaller camera and do this.

Alternatively find something like an external hard drive that looks not-unnatural if you pull part off and replace it with tinted/one way glass

1. Get a backpack
2. Get the privacy film they sell for laptops and phones
3. Cut out a rectangle that matches the label size on the pocket.
4. Get metal foil letters and put a fake brand on the "label"
5. Mount the camera under or over the letters

WIN

Drill a hole in it

Attached: 61lvSW9Gm7L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 82K)

Or with stickers to divert attention

Attached: img_17752.jpg (4032x3024, 1.16M)

& I oop

Nothing here passes the Low Observable factor

Attached: 284137959.jpg (2448x3264, 1.61M)

Get a square bluetooth speaker slightly larger than the GoPro

rip out the guts, place GoPro in speaker box.

Use black super thin cloth over a thin nylon mesh for the speaker grill,

Now jut put the fucker on the table next to your phone.

Put in false bottom so you can drink from it occasionally.

Dont you think the cloth will block too much light? Image will suck

Attached: 5hjpl.jpg (960x1280, 199K)

>Dont you think the cloth will block too much light? Image will suck

It should make the image slightly darker. Nothing you can't enhance by brightening the video a tad. It requires experimentation. Right up against the cloth is good - as in touching the lens. Stretch it out a bit too. The further distance from the lens, the worse the image..

Honestly I do not know why you just don't use a high-quality key fob camera. If you want authenticity, find a key fob (a real one) big enough to hold the guts, and go at it with a dremel tool and some imagination.

not a bad idea actually

speakers is not a bad idea, but dont do the cloth thing it will fuck the image. rip it off and replace the center of the speakers with the lens of the camera - no one will notice, just look at the image i attached.
hell, you can even do a hole to feed the camera usb power if you want.

Attached: speakers.jpg (800x800, 53K)

>not a bad idea actually

Look for black scrim as a material. Highly transparent up against the lens, looks solid from a distance. Careful you get something substantial enough that can conceal any reflections though.

Just a hint to get you started.

>speakers is not a bad idea, but dont do the cloth thing it will fuck the image. rip it off and replace the center of the speakers with the lens of the camera - no one will notice, just look at the image i attached.

Those are good. Get a sharp x-acto knife and carefully trim off the dome part, leaving the cone with a clean circle in the middle. Use the hole for the camera. Works best with shiny plastic speaker cones. cloth/paper ones will give it away.

OP you need to supply more context for what you want to capture. Because it sounds like you want shitty vids of clothed women because you're a fucking coward.