With the new season around the corner what are some of your favorite movies from MST3K?

With the new season around the corner what are some of your favorite movies from MST3K?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I liked the MST3K movie. It was good.

>Chicken, corn, green peppers, chili, *sigh* onions...

My top 5 are:

Final Justice
Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders
Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
Godzilla vs the Sea Monster (sleepy Joelkino)
The Final Sacrifice

>Sam, my patent papers are at a slight angle, what's going on?!?

There's a new bot this season. His name is Waverly. Please don't be mean to him.

Soultaker
Devil Fish
A Touch of Satan
Laserblast

bride of frankenstein
touch of satan
gamera
the final sacrifice

all time top episode:
star force: fugitive alien 2

Kek

The Kinology of MST3K

1) Riding with Death
2) PARTS: the Clonus Horror
3) The Girl in Gold Boots
4) The Skydivers
5) TISCWSLABMUZ

>With the new season around the corner
You say that as if it had the chance of not being absolute dogshit.

Just saw this for the first time the other night

Hi waverly!

>Sorry for rushing the Halloween season.

I watched the MST3K Reunion Rifftrax thing and they had everyone and the new guy.
He was okay, I assumed he'd be full SJW but he made a Lena Dunham joke when a pear-shaped man was on screen, so I'm slightly more optimistic about it.

They kept mentioning how hard they emphasized to Frank that he couldn't "go blue" and he almost cursed several times, it was great.

>non-descript man walks past in the background
>"Ernest Finklemeyer: The Early Years!"
>the robots all laugh

God, I hope they quit this with the new show, or at least maybe update their references.

>We put out faith in BLAST HARDCHEESE

Become more worldly, kiddo.

You're the reason those official youtube MST3K uploads have annotations explaining what fucking Monopoly is when they make a joke about it.

>YOUR WEAPONS HAVE NO EFFECT ON ME!

Some mst3k jokes basically required you to have grown up on the same street as the writers to get, I understand early on it was a local show but what's the point?

Big McLargeHuge

Blood Waters of Dr Z

I love that about MST3K. I can't believe how many theatre references there are in the show. I'm sure it feels odd at points but for someone who's spent a great deal of time doing theatre when they hit that niche joke spot you can't beat it.

This show is pretty much unwatchable now

>dated pop culture reference haha
>look it's our local hockey team haha

I should watch shitty old shows/movies from before I was born to understand references in MST3K?

I'm not willing to dedicate that much effort and time to get lazy jokes.

I get at least 95% of the shit and I'm a goddamn sheltered millenial. The stuff I don't I can piece together on my own.

For example, I don't know what the fuck Biography is, but the title of it and way they keep referring to it during Parts: the Clonus Horror whenever the actor Peter Graves is on screen leads me to assume it was a show hosted by Peter Graves where he discussed peoples' careers.

This logic applies to almost every joke you don't "get".

Just skip the Joel seasons. The Mike ones are funnier and the humor is more universal.

That's why it's a cult show you Dreamwork's Boss Baby.

in that dude's defense, they make a bunch of throwaway references to like, 80s TV actors and shit.

>people really think mike eps are superior to joel eps

>im not like other kids my age i watch old cool shows and pretend i get the jokes xD

I accuse my Parents
Laserblast
Hobgoblins
Sidehackers
High School Bigshot
Teenage Stranger
Tormented
Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

too many to name senpai. Pretty much seasons 4-8 and bit parts of other season

>it's a joel shills his standup act episode

Watch 80s shit, then. It's not hard.

We're in a thread talking about a fucking show that ended in 1999, what are you even trying to greentext.

>BIG MCLARGE HUGE
youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

HERE WE GO!!!!!

It's true. Mike is a better writer and they have better chemistry.

I always liked the shorts more than the actual movies

Thick McRunfast

Butch Deadlift

>Proto-Reddit: The Show

Timechasers
Jack Frost
The Mole People
Horror Of Spider Island
Allthe shorts are kino

Mikes funnier and so was pearl BG an bobo. Joel created the concept mike perfected it.

Im worried about the new stuff

Rifftrax is still gold

Mitchell
Last sacrifice
Warrior of the lost world

>I'll walk back to the past.

Yeah, but having not seen the show makes the joke unfunny. They're lazy jokes anyway, any retard can look at an actor in a movie and say "hey, it resembles ________". Their other jokes are the only ones worth making.

>clonus
Mah nigga

Mike also had better movies overall.
Too many Joel episodes were just painfully boring 50s sci-fi movies.

Which was, like, the basis for the entire show of course, but it doesn't play as well for a home audience as much as actually terrible movies from every era and genre do.

I laugh more at episodes like Girl's Town than the Killer Shrews.

haha he made the reddit joke again

Slab Bulkhead

No.
That old fucker hamming it up in the freezer in Space Mutiny before walking away and Crow saying "I'm late for Roddy McDowell practice" is hilarious.

If you don't understand the joke, that's a personal problem, not a flaw of the show.

Right, I think Mike had a better eye for what made a good riffing movie; It has to be bad but still watchable, and too many of the Joel movies are just unwatchable.

>any retard can look at an actor in a movie and say "hey, it resembles ________".
>anyone can make a joke so no comedy is funny
That's only like 10% of the jokes btw.

Coleman Francis was an auteur genius. His films are like audiovisual soundscapes.

>Mike also had better movies overall.

I think that's the crux of the Mike vs Joel debate. Mike benefits hugely from newer movies with slightly higher production values. And the writing team had time to really refine the formula of the show and the jokes.

I still prefer Mike's episodes though, overall.

Pretty much, it's not a sleight against Joel to say that Mike's episodes were better. He had a lot of advantages.

That's true, but an episode where Mike does a shitty shoestring budget 50s movie where nothing happens and people just talk to each other is funnier than an episode where Joel does it.

Mike having better writing or more time to write isn't really an unfair"advantage.

You realize that Mike was Joel's head writer, right?

Have you signed Sherry's card?

Yes, which is why I'm saying the writing being better during the Mike era isn't really something to discount.

Mike is redpilled. I want to see him march into the new show and punch out the camel.

Thoughts on Gamera eps?

Kek, meant to quote the guy above you

A Date With Your Family is possibly the show's highest point.

>A stranger enters...

NOOOOO SPRIIINGS

BOB JOHNSON oh

>everything should have mass appeal
You're what's wrong with the world today. We need more niches

>that episode where they referenced no springs years before they actually showed no springs

joel was a mistake

Season 6 overall had some of their best work.

The Dead Talk Back is one of the funniest things I've ever fucking seen.

THIS

but if we make people feel excluded they'll be sad :(

and its because there's simply more money in mass appeal than niche appeal

Anyone got a pic of the old pre movie commercial where the extra thicc girl is learning how to cook so some dude can bang her

Because mst3k has ALWAYS been about money. Somebody get Megaweapon to take this guy outta here

I didn't realize mst3k was a non-profit venture

1. Space Mutiny (the Pinnacle, the absolute best)
2. The Giant Spider Invasion
3. The Final Sacrifice
4. Mitchell
5. Diabolik

I have so many personal favorites but for a newfag those would be the five I think they would enjoy the most. Any time they went off on a 60s B movie though, I absolutely loved it.

I think there were quite a few films MST3K went off on that unduly considered bad movies for the rest of history now. A lot of the movies they did were pretty inventive, interesting and fun. And a love of them were turds too. =D

I refuse to new acknowledge that the Netflix version exists.

Laser Blast
Pod People
The Catalina Caper
Mitchell
Space Mutiny

I remember "I accuse my parents" as being pretty fun.

But honestly, they're a big blur to me. It's top level comfy, but I don't always pay that much attention to it.

How could I forget The Final Sacrifice?

So Canadian.

They're pretty neat (and filled with title meat).

For real, though: watch the 90s Gamera trilogy. Outdoes even Godzilla for kaiju action.

*turtle (not title)

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank is a super underrated movie. That's an example of a good film that is looked down upon because it was on MST3K but I think it was pretty original and interesting.

I love Girl in Gold Boots. That may be the most fun MST3K episode.

Post your top MST3K qts

Mine sho' is a man's kinda woman.

Fuck yeah, just saw the one with Chevy salesmen or whatever

>Siktar gets the most sales 'cause he's a shapeshifter

Joelcucks should be fucking gassed. They are everything that's wrong with the world.

WUR
WULF

>Agent from HARM
>Agent from HARM
>Agent from HARM
>Agent from HARM
>Agent from HARM

Also just going to pretend the new ones don't exist. The same way I treat true human love

>I'M BACK

I was gonna go Mamie Van Doren from Girl's Town but I'll take Tia Carrere from Zombie Nightmare as my waifu.

Personally I think the Romulan and Serafina (the Devil's spawn) from Girl's Town are cuter than Mamie was. Oh, and the """15""" year old sister.

I like those bad girls, desu.

WHAT IF WE CALLED YOU SERVO?

Big McLarge Huge

my nigga, i loved her, nice body.

I looked her up, once.
Turns out she's full injun.

>show name drops Benazir Bhutto during a number of episodes
>no clue who the fuck that is
>years later name pops up in the news: she's been assassinated
>mfw

What's the best short and why is it Mr B Natural

The best period was Mike with Trace doing Crow.