Turkey coup; >implying it's over

THE SITUATION SO FAR
Erdogan was set to purge the military today, military pulled a coup with little time to prepare.

The focus was on the capital Ankara, secondary forces sent to Istan Constantinople. The coup in Ankara seems to have been successful, the one in Constantinople less so.

The secondary forces seem to have been to a large extent conscripts and privates told that this was a drill and many of them seem to have surrendered.

Constantinople is an Erdogan mudslime stronghold which explains the large number of people on the streets there.

All the proof of the coup being defeated is about 8 or so video and photo sequences from Constantinople constantly put on loop. If the coup was really crushed there would have been lots and lots more footage and from all over Turkey. There isn't.

Still no details at all of military units clashing, meaning practically all units seem to be sympathetic to the coup even if not directly engaged. There are things suggesting both the air force and the navy joining in but the blackout makes things very hard to confirm.

Total media blackout of everything except Constantinople, including a shut down of internet and social media, strongly suggesting that this is the only place where things are going Erdogan's way. Because of this we don't know the situation in the capital or what is going on in the rest of Turkey (which is a pretty big place). For instance we have no clue about what's happening on military bases not in the direct vicinity of Istanbul or the capital. That we are not endlessly fed footage of commanders on these bases denouncing the coup pretty much proves that they at the very least are not under Erdogan control.

TL;DR: Until we see endless footage on loop from all over Turkey demonstrating how the coup is crushed the coup is still going on. If they could get it they would air it endlessly. They fact that they aren't means the real situation is very different from what they want you to believe.

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/news/world/690064/Turkish-parliament-bombed-Ankara
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754377141916200960
twitter.com/michaelh992
youtube.com/watch?v=lb-XT7bjktE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

CIVIL WAR?

Have heads of the Coup not given up?

The fire rises.

If they had, we would be seeing footage from all over Turkey (which is a big place) instead of the same loop from Istanbul (Erdogan shithole).

nigga it ended in like 3 hours, everyone involved got arrested

worst "coup" in history

>anzu is safe

i don't care anymore then.

I'm willing to believe you, if you live anywhere outside of Istanbul. Also post pics.

Sure it did

>implying
Spanish coup was more pathetic desu
>"In the name of Franco and the king we abolish this democracy"
>King:"nope, surrender :^)"
>"Ok ;_;"

I live in Ankara. There are tons of vids and pics from other cities where soldiers get arrested.

nothing even happened in those cities anyway

Your parliament got bombed. How does that equate to 'nothing happening'?

express.co.uk/news/world/690064/Turkish-parliament-bombed-Ankara

Shoo shoo, shill.

Any Turk in here knows what's up in Izmir? What's the situation?

>BREAKING: Pro-Kurdish HDP offices under attack in by pro-Erdogan supporters in Iskenderun, Malatya and Osmaniye #Turkey - @michaelh992
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754377141916200960

The purge is just beginning

I meant in cities other than Ankara and Istanbul

most of the happening was in ankara

Implying that's not true loyalty to the King.

You know to be honest from what ive heard ... most of the military WAS NOT interested in performing a coup but they hate the bastard.

Just my opinion but... I think they was Waiting for somebody to jump the fence and do it. Now that the opportunity is there...

Moderates are likely to get shot too in the end of they dont finish the job.

I do, tell that skeletonfuck to eat a sandwich

Yup, now that the purge has started, you either fight back or die.

They'll be going after anyone even remotely anti-Erdo. If you don't get arrested or lynched the first week, there's always the next, or the next.

Eventually there won't be anyone left to speak up.

>Yeah, Erdogan will purge the shit out of the military like he already did with almost 3000 judges. If they don't finish this, he will.

It was a preemptive strike, with only a part of the military involved. From what we know, the airforce is in on it, as well as the navy. People are just now picking sides.

Prepare for Ermächtigungsgesetz vol2, roachbro. Stay safe.

>Still no details at all of military units clashing, meaning practically all units seem to be sympathetic to the coup even if not directly engaged
No you retard, there hasnt been any conflict between units because that would rapidly destabilize the country opening it up to be vulnerable from israel and russia

The real deal begins tomorrow night.

Turkey and Israel are both NATO members, and Russia wouldn't risk going against Turkey, never mind who's in charge, so long as it's a NATO member.

you do it, you know her twitter.

Biće rata, brate?

>her
He needs weight.

>No one know where the fuck is Turkish Navy. >Police cant go to Gölcük Naval Base.
>Malatya Airbase is under rebel control
>Millions of Erdoğan's sheeps are gathering in cities.

My bad, Israel is a non-NATO ally, vouched for by the US and the Holocaust. Nevertheless, they wouldn't try anything as drastic as going against Turkey.

So this is the calm before the storm?

V bistvu sm na počitncah

Didn't 5 ships return?
Anyway, what a shitty coup, I thought Turkish military was supposed to be good at this.

At least it left some good memes

I went to bed and then went to work. Last I heard, Ankara was under Gulenist control. What happened?

the coup is over now, you guys look like idiots

Gulen just made an announcement that turk roaches staged the coup

From what I've read most of the ultra-secularists had already been removed from positions of power a few years ago and Erdogan had started to put Islamists in the important positions.

This was a last gasp attempt by what secularists remain in the army and they clearly had little to no planning. So much so it feels like a false flag due to how many incosistencies there are.

Proof?

This guy.

I really want you to be right man

But the problem is outside of Ankara and Instanbul (and that navybase) nothing happenend, so why would be see footage from there? I know you will say we don't know of any happening there because of the blackout and that could be true, i just don't believe it.
I think Chief Roach Erdogan has won, for now...

That map is complete and utter bullshit. The coup was hastily put together and poorly planned. The military at large refused to join in and the parliament, police, intelligence services and media (even those sections of the media who dislike Erdogan) all sided with the government.

We're talking about a country with 640,000 active troops here. I'd be shocked if the coup-plotters managed to field more than 10,000 of them.

What proof is there Gülen is behind this?
Why wouldn't he support the coup openly?

He said it could possibly have been a coup but he doesn't know.

HAHAHAHA!

No, upam da ti vreme ne nagaja.

The fire rises brother

>possibly have been
*staged

This is America's fault, they're the cunts protecting Erdogan

Maybe you're right, and I know that. I mean, never underestimate human ability to fuck up.

No real proof right now. Who even knows if it was the gulenist that let the coup. So many groups hate each other in Muslim countries so it could have been any of 3 or 4 of the groups.

>he

her**

i don't know if you missed the r or anything but i fixed it for you pal ;^)

Big questions:

-have they arrested everyone who might jump in pro-coup

-if not, what is the capacity of those who have not been arrested to fight

-if so, how quickly does everything go to shit for US interests in Turkey

>We're talking about a country with 640,000 active troops here

Fucking this. There were tanks and bombings in irrelevant places. No one even tried to arrest to gov officials whose place was known for everyone.

Gulen is an old political rival with Erdogan. He might've caused the coup under the pretence of secularism, which has been thus far the main cause behind all the coups in Turkey.

Though, all this is suspect and could be Erdogan is just cleaning house of any opposition, and is using the coup to get away with it.

keep the kurds safe pls

Pro tip: stop replacing Istanbul with Constantinople. Dream is dead and your just causing unnecessary confusion.

I hope they put a 120mm grenade up Erdogan's ass and make him go Allahu Ekber.

media is corrupt and controlled

social media and internet being down, if that's the case which i think it is, proves they don't want the truth getting out. if only a roach had a fucking means of broadcasting or sending pics of the real shit in the rest of roachland. like a satellite phone or something.

oh well
the mudshits are winning again
saudi arabia owns this fucking world with its oil money and the jews get all the blame.
that one romanian kid was right. never trust the mudshit.

exactly shit makes no fucking sense at all

according to my sources this is true

And now we have 640.000 armed men awaiting purge...

now this is something to get /comfy/ about.

Da li je ovo bejt?

Fuck this, I am going to take a nap. Hopefuly icbm's won't be going off in the meantime

On a side note. A coliseum being built where coup leaders and soldiers have to battle to the death would be very entertaining. Roach glue traps and raid canisters randomly placed on the battlefield would of course be expected.

>t.Mohammed Gastarbeiter Turk?

Gülen is to Erdogan what Trotsky was to Stalin. There is no deeper meaning behind this, he just needs an "enemy-from-within"-scapegoat to regularily purge the ranks of media, justice and military

Police, intelligence services and media are all separate from the military. I wouldn't expect them to pick sides. Not officially, at least.

And as far as the military goes, the rebels have support so far from the air force and the navy, both of which are pretty significant parts.

The only thing we know for sure is that at least Istanbul is Erdogan controlled.

>The secondary forces seem to have been to a large extent conscripts and privates told that this was a drill and many of them seem to have surrendered.
So were the people who surrendered just a smoke screen for the real rebels?

I love traps

>-have they arrested everyone who might jump in pro-coup

Probably, 3000+ soldiers have been arrested according to government sources, but we do know that at least 2 dozen colonel ranked and higher officers have been arrested, including a rear admiral.

There is no additional capacity for resistance against pro Erdogan forces, not anymore.

>-if so, how quickly does everything go to shit for US interests in Turkey

One of the Turkish ministers have said that the US is behind the coup, also power has been cut to Ircirlik airbase and no one is allowed in or out, all planes grounded. They have demanded Gulen be extradited from the US immediately. They are waiting for Obama to respond, and if he responds unfavorably, there might be additional problems for US interests. In the long run, I would imagine Erdogan to remove US influence in Turkey completely.

>All the proof of the coup being defeated is about 8 or so video and photo sequences from Constantinople constantly put on loop
proxy war a-go?

No, but it points to the fact that this was all hastily executed, more or less.

>tfw real life is now a game of thrones episode

I feel pretty comfy, lads. Let's hope House Obama joins the fray.

Apparently, three different HDP HQs are besieged by APK loyalists.

twitter.com/michaelh992

Confusion? Any retard knows Constantinople and Istanbul are the same

Does anyone have the name for this girl?
I remember seeing the source before but the name escapes me.

The government have reported several arrests by loyalist military forces, but the info is suspect at best.

What really irks me about the whole thing is that Erdogan is still in Istanbul and not Ankara, so that at least suggest that there is still some resistance there.

>girl

Buck Angel M8

The coup is over and now Erdogan has all the more reason to give himself more power.

yes girl, she clearly has a vag in the video you dipshit.

go meme elsewhere

Yeap, everything points to a poorly executed phase 1 of operations

I'll believe it when he broadcasts from Ankara.

>she
>implying he's not post op

Basically, the government ordered all military units to stand down and return to their bases immediately in order to force army leaders into a choice between gambling on the coup working and playing it safe by sitting in the barracks.

Most generals chose to play it safe and the coup-plotters were left with a couple thousand men in the field trying to take a handful of strategic positions across an enormous country.

Erdogan then had his followers hit the streets en masse because he knew that the rebels were pitifully thin on the ground and would be overwhelmed by that much public opposition.

The rebels started surrendering as it became apparent how weak their position was, with the national intelligence service (MIT) and police outnumbering them too.

Nigga, the Turkish parliament has reconvened in Ankara and all the big wigs are fucking there. The Prime Minister, senior government ministers, opposition party, loyalist army chief of staff, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=lb-XT7bjktE

I never said anything to the contrary. In fact, the second sentence is:

>Erdogan was set to purge the military today, military pulled a coup with little time to prepare.

All I'm saying is that the coup might still be going on, as there is nothing concrete to suggest otherwise.

Fuck you Turkey. You were the chosen one, the last hope for a secular Muslim country. I always looked up to Turks and how they kept things moderate.

This shit sucks.

Our queen is protected by meme magic.

The ideal result here is civil war, of course. Next best would have been Erdogan getting arrested/shot, but that one was highly unlikely.

Everything points towards triggering a coup attempt where it'd be just bloody enough to motivate the masses, safe enough for him to posture and still look like he was at risk, and broad enough to let him mess with foreign powers and get some concessions to seem even more badass to the common Turk.

Having it backfire into long periods of violence/an actual rebel movement would reduce Syria and Turkey to an even larger swath of chaotic, factional hell that might well draw the US in like Syria got Russians.

Most of them are conscripts, don't get your hopes high.

>youtube.com/watch?v=lb-XT7bjktE [Remove]
What those fuckards and roaches are spouting in their primitive dialect ?

Kek, I don't pray to you, but if your real, bless us with more happenings.

kek

video?

I refuse to use their slave name.

Just because you turn your back on Christendom doesn't mean the rest of us do

>the last hope for a secular Muslim country
you need to kill your death cult in order to become a non-shithole, no other way

OH COME ON YOU ROCHFLAGS ARE ALWAYS BOASTING ABOUT MUH ARMY in /sg/...

Mehmet I am disappoint.

If anyone gets confused by this they do not belong here.

Stupid croatian cuck.
The coup ended and all the leaders fled to Greece in a fucking black hawk.