So how's the Brendan Fraser Mummy trilogy? Is it worth a watch?

So how's the Brendan Fraser Mummy trilogy? Is it worth a watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

gomovies.sc/movie/the-mummy-1999/
gomovies.sc/movie/the-mummy-returns-2001/
gomovies.sc/movie/the-mummy-tomb-of-the-dragon-emperor-2008/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

underage b&

only the first two are good, 3 is watchable I guess

The first is good, the second one was really great, the third one was absolutely garbage.

3 is literally PRC dicksucking

1st one is pure adventure kino

The Scorpion King is the only good part of this franchise.

The first one is a nigh perfect little adventure movie with fun characters, the right balance between action, comedy and seriousness, great monster, fun effects. You'll have a lot fun watching it.

The second one is pretty decent, some cool monsters, a little more of the same but isn't the same. Some dodgy effects, namely in the form of Dwayne Johnson.

Third is absolute shite, do not approach.

The first one is genuinely a great movie to me. It has a great sense of adventure, sprinkled with some good horror and comedy. It's pretty stupid if you really think about it all, but easily enjoyable. I love it.
Second one I don't remember that much, but I remember liking it a lot.

Never touched that shitty looking third one.

pretty good for its time senpai
espacially the first

The Mummy is 10/10
The Mummy Returns is 8/10
Tomb of the Dragon Emperor is 2/10

Only watch the first one, the rest are shit.

Trilogy? I thought there were only two movies.

this.

Two kinos and a flick

Do white people really believe that's what ancient Egyptians looked like?

It depends on What time period you're talking about and Egypt itself was pretty multi-ethnic.

>Tomb of the Dragon Emperor is 2/10
Oh fuck off, the recasting for Eve wasn't ideal and the son was generic but otherwise it was plenty damn good.

OP HERE...
gomovies.sc/movie/the-mummy-1999/
gomovies.sc/movie/the-mummy-returns-2001/
gomovies.sc/movie/the-mummy-tomb-of-the-dragon-emperor-2008/

>literally no mummies in the movie

WE

i rewatched the first one recently. i don't remember it being so weird.

the first film is unironically as good as the indiana jones trilogy
the second film is alright, not as good as the first but still good enough
the third was garbage

Oh come the fuck on, they are still undead, the god damn template was exactly the same.

I haven't watched it in years, but I remember it as basically being a full on horror whereas the sequel was an adventure-comedy

well there were some true horror parts but then other parts with the cat or when the entire town turns into zombies which is so cheesy and over the top.

Original has a perfect blend of adventure, action, horror and comedy. It's all played straight, the horror parts are meant to be visceral and the mummy is meant to be monstrous, but there's a lightness throughout which is totally in theme and never clashes with the seriousness of the mummy himself. It's really fucking well done and fun to watch. Stephen Sommers knew how to make an adventure, he did Van Helsing, too. Imagine if we had him making capeshit, might be a little less plastic than it is with fuckers like Abrams shitting out fanboyisms.

I didn't know they had gold color pasties in the 4th millennium BC!

They built the pyramids I'm sure they could make gold circles

Beni was the best character in the first movie.
LOOKS TO ME LIKE I GOT ALL THE HORSES!

I do miss Beni.

First is good.
Second is good not as good as first
third made me cry because of how much they fucked it up so goddamn hard. Also waifu didn't return :( Can't just replace her.

i'm gonna fap to this later