What does Sup Forums think of Jerry Lewis?

What does Sup Forums think of Jerry Lewis?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kfRWbynDGu8
mega.nz/#!cJtQyZxA!kxHqabIAYVYJKZDTDmTcNlt4_0MZLGi3NGEGO38FO4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Yxqqs_2LdPo
youtube.com/watch?v=NESWnzLGcH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GOAT physical performer. As a director everything good about him he stole from Tashlin

What are your favourite performances/films of his? Also, what do you think of his work with Dean?

I've seen three films he directed (The Nutty Professor, The Ladies' Man and The Family Jewels) and thought they were all great. A rare actor-turned-director with an actual interesting an unique visual style and sense of cinematic space.

His pantomime is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=kfRWbynDGu8

How old are you OP? Nobody ever brings him up here

22, you?

>OH PRETTTYYY LADDYYY

Grumpy old asshole. Can't wait til he dies and we all get to make fun of The Day the Clown Cried.

i dont get him
never found his flicks interesting or funny eiher

>guy acts retarded for a couple minutes
yeah so amazing

First time I see him being mentioned here. This thread is relevant to my interests.

his cheeseball telethons and creepy offscreen persona will be forgotten and his movies will live on as classics

Here's a 720p HD Amazon WEBRip of Jerry's directorial debut, if anyone's interested: mega.nz/#!cJtQyZxA!kxHqabIAYVYJKZDTDmTcNlt4_0MZLGi3NGEGO38FO4Q

>creepy offscreen persona

Explain.

here's Martin Short mocking it
youtube.com/watch?v=Yxqqs_2LdPo

and this
youtube.com/watch?v=NESWnzLGcH4

He was pretty much Buddy Love from The Nutty Professor plus he had a giant chip on his shoulder regarding being taken seriously in Hollywood.

Harry Shearer wrote a pretty famous piece on Jerry Lewis for the May/June 1979 Film Comment called "Telethon"

Is he a jerk or something?

now you know how your friends and family feel

Comedic genius, used to catch his movies on Saturday afternoons growing up, afraid to revisit as an adult in case I spoil it for myself

Harry Shearer also lies about having seen The Day the Clown cried.

no that's Steve Martin

I've heard that "steve martin is a piece of shit" stuff before from some family members. Never understood why. What did he do?

No, he's saying Steve Martin was in the movie "the Jerk."

it was a joke

¬__¬

Steve is a gentleman and a scholar. Chevy Chase is the scumbag. Lewis is just regular old man cranky. He recently trolled a Rolling Stone interviewer which is definitely worth seeking out. It's cringe kino. he keeps giving the interviewer one word answers for every question.

forgot pic

Great balls of fire and Highschool confidential are my favourite songs.

He was the true king of rock and roll, Elvis was just a crooner

All the jokes aside, the man was an absolute genius. What of the greatest comedy performers of all time.

fuck him for not releasing The Day the Clown cried

this movie belongs to the people.

what other links are you hoarding, movie man?

love him

>that laugh track
>those reviews

I thought Tim and Eric invented this stuff?

>watch shit pantomime on youtube
>watch two anons get butthurt over it in real time
>another youtube video shows up where an actor from the next era makes fun of the shit pantomime

>all in the same thread

FUCKING INTERNET
THIS IS CULTURE AT LIGHT SPEED

kek

This

Loved him in The King of Comedy

I think he wants you.

Why?