True Detective

Will anything ever come even close to this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i5JkBs4lJak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you got to admit that the show goes downhill after the first few eps.

It has a lot of promise and even the last episode is satisfying but ultimately it is the definition of style over substance.

I know for a fact Milch's interpretation will be far superior.

the book that it blatantly ripped off

The young pope

>used the boylover symbol
>bad guy goes after girls
What did they mean by this?

not really... and thats unfortunate, you had two A list actors as main characters and producers, great director, screenwriter, a fantastic story, and a great network that picked it up. season 2 wasn't anywhere close to what made season 1 so good and that always seems to be a problem when it comes to series' that have different stories each season. but with mcconaughey (supposedly) returning for the 3rd season, maybe we'll see a comeback. hopefully anyways...

Not for me. Dark, well shot, well acted true crime story. Hits my taste perfectly

what book is that?

l o l

conspiracy against the human race

the TD storyline isnt from the book, but Rust's whole persona and monologues are lifted word for word at times

no.
no.
no.

and no, the second season wasn't better

>dude satanic cults lmao

Hop on Pop

Don't insult The Young Pope by comparing it to this trash.

Oh shiiiit is he really coming back? That would be lame. Just try to make a cool new season without tainting the epicness of the first.

>OPs pic

Hmm really makes you think

>true crime story
?

The only bad thing I can say about Season 1 is pic related
It was bad casting imo

is besta pizza a front like the pollos hermanos ?

I think it will probably take place before the events of season 1, seems like the best way for him to reprise his role and not just play off of the events that happened in season 1

Close to what? Mediocre? Yes, many shows have.

Pizzolatto acts real cunty about the whole thing as well. He never mentions Ligotti at all when giving interviews until people bring it up and force his hand. At which point he admits that yeah, he copied whole chunks of the book, but its okay because he gave it his own twist or whatever. Still a great show, but that leaves kind of a bad aftertaste

I knew he was the bad guy in his 1st appearance. TD wasn't very subtle.

I bet they'll ruin his character though. I smell cliche writing like s2.

>cliche writing
>from David Milch
how old are you?

Didn't he write season 2........ point made.

>people think a retarded sub-villian is the main antagonist

Shows the complete lack of thought that goes on in Sup Forums

>True Redditective

Wow I bet you like Rick and Morty too

he wrote Deadwood. HBO hired him to save True Detective.

Wrong. Ep 4 was kino.

What? I said he was a shit choice. I said nothing about
>a retarded sub-villian is the main antagonist

Can you even fucking read?

It distinctly goes down hill once they get to the present. They clearly had no idea what they wanted to do after the big emotional reveal.

There was crime and it was true

i have good faith in the third season. the second season certainly didnt hold up to the first, but it was great in a different aspect. it dropped the detective work and pulled more towards the characters

and i want to add that the harsh criticism in the second season will make the creators and writers much more careful in the new season, i think

>I like quips and dance-offs and I ain't afraid to show it!
>I'm Reddit and I know it!

If lawnmower guy wasn't the main antagonist, then I definitely missed who was. Or are you saying that Rust's drug fueled hallucinations prove the Yellow King is chilling in the Louisiana bayou?

>entire series sets up a big Lovecraftian reveal
>its actually just some hillbilly

What a fucking shitfest, most disappointing thing that Sup Forums has ever memed me into watching. I didn't even bother with season 2.

Hannibal came close at times. I think either season 2 or 3.

It's loosely inspired by a real but much less interesting case

youtube.com/watch?v=i5JkBs4lJak

Plagiarism: The show

Taboo is pretty good and gives me some True Detective vibes

>seriously wanting it to be something over the top and supernatural

S1? No.

Caspre knew this.

what did it plagiarize

I saw season 1 for the first time a few days ago, amazing stuff. Instantly went to watch season 2 and oh the disappointment.

I wish Pizzolatto would do a season on the Texas Killing Fields. Apparently his first book he ever wrote came about from his research along Highway 45, and that oil field has some seriously creepy history.

>muh Lovecraft

kys

Sup Forums really shows it's pleb face when it talks about TD (both season 1 & 2)

It's not actually about the mystery or "the big reveal," you dinguses. There are so many other interesting things happening thematically besides the plot details

Is this show sacrilegious?

Yes. If you interpret 'sacrilegious' as godawful.

the main villains remain unknown, but we know they were higher ups. they even said so in the last episode ''we may not have gotten them all, but we got ours''

the whole season was an allegory for our real pedo problem with the elites

>entire series sets up a big Lovecraftian reveal
it did no such thing. only a retard would interpret it that way

Neck yourself, faggot

Is this true? Was considering to watch..