The Expanse Thread

Grenade edition.

Amos saves the day.

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2017-02-scientists-geology-ceres.html
danielabraham.com/2017/04/04/guest-post-losing-science-drama-finding-drama-science/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Naomi finally off for good? I sure hope so, but I also don't want a ship full of men for the rest of the show. Qt shipmate when? >inb4 bobby gets in

Bookfags fuck off to

Too bad she gets to keep Amos.

they need a sassy robot crewmate

Is the botanist a permanent crew member now?

What happens to Holden's gf?

Also I need a webm of Bobby running desu

I got to say that I thought that was the best episode of the expanse so far. Or do I just think that because I was drunk and stoned at the time.

And on another note, they actually found organic material in the asteroid belt. It's no protomolecule but you never know.

phys.org/news/2017-02-scientists-geology-ceres.html

I've thought that on at least another 4 episodes. I think the show is so good that this becomes a recurrent thought.

Here you go user.

Honestly, I think this is bullshit. It would take a looong time to slingshot though the moons without engines. Apollo took three days just to get to the Moon, and the Moon is 348e3 km from earth. while Ganymede is 1070e3 km from Jupiter, and the distances between the moons can vary to more than three times this distance. Having only 4 bodies (Ganymede, Callisto, Io and Europa) with enough mass to matter is an aggravating factor. It would make sense if they let the plot to allow Alex to use engines when in close proximity to them.

WAIT SO AMOS IS GONE FOR GOOD? funCJRIJGWBBGLKEJBRGKJBELKJBG what the fuck

There will probably be some scenes of them helping the evac, but they probably won't be in the ship. Unless something happens, which I don't think it will because of the length of the parting scene.

They know

danielabraham.com/2017/04/04/guest-post-losing-science-drama-finding-drama-science/

>all the scientists would have survived if they just locked the door again after throwing the grande

they keep an ubermonster in a glass tube, I dont think they're too bright

Best girl.

They really struggled to give him eyelines with the hologram VFX they put in afterwards. I guess they couldn't just put ping pong balls on strings for him to use as reference.

In some alternate universe they did. And the show ended like that.

Really boring universe that one.

and in another one they just covered the door and shot the retard who opened it

>he hasn't noticed that they've been flagging Amos dying ever since Tom Jane bit it

>killing off the only good character

>lol they're just killing off the cis white men who cares

>can't catch a girl that thick while she running with stronger gravity than she's used to

Get it together, Earth

Those were other Martian marines, and I think the idea is she's spent more time actually moving around Earth in 1-G than they have. Like how the commissar guy was walking kind of awkwardly when they were going to the shuttle.

They should have been sitting down or something, though.

how far into book 2 are we? 25%?

OK, so she ran out of the Mars embassy or the Mars territory of the UN. Wouldn't they be the Martian guards that are normally stationed there? They would be better adjusted than her.

Superior thicc muscles, I guess.

cringe 2bh

>Amos saves the day.

Like that isn't MOST days.

Don't worry. Clarissa will explain it all

I don't know if it counts for anything but that homeless guy last episode gave her a quick lesson on how to orient yourself and move on Earth. So I mean even if you have a fairly long rotation as a guard, trips back home and never leaving base may keep reinforcing bad habits that hold them back some. (Grasping at straws here)

Bobbie defecting was better than in the books where Avasarala just recruits her from some meeting

>Going after alien super soldier
>Let's ditch half our manpower, including the muscle

Fucking Naomi.

They didnt even take his shotgun, but really why the hell would they hunt it? Their ship is right there just shoot it with a missile.

>showfags don't know all the white men are going to be replaced by a diverse people of colorâ„¢ crew who will fight evil white nazis

>insults GoT while admitting their fuckup

I like these showrunners a LOT more than DnD

She is helping the evacuation she didn't leave the crew

KEK

>acknowledges they made an error
>apologizes for it

Does literally any other show even do this? We honestly don't deserve television of The Expanse's quality.

>danielabraham.com/2017/04/04/guest-post-losing-science-drama-finding-drama-science/

Gosh

they are so fucking great

I thought it was so weird watching it, I'm not a science guy but one thing I have felt and enjoyed about the expanse was how grounded in reality things were. Sure its still sci-fi but theres no instant teleporters or lazer cannons and shit.

As this scene was happening even in my peasent brain I knew it was way off mark and seemed like he should have taken ages to fly around literal planets when it took them at most a few hours to track down the daughter.

Props to them

This show is so good though.

>Incinerator looks like a fucking phaser

That was worse than the silliness of the slingshoting

She's actually more QT than I gave her credit for, and more thicc.
Still can't act for shit, though.

That guard looks like Martens's son, what the fuck

how did a fucking chaplain know about project caliban

Will she be the next brown girl that gets COLONIZED by Jim?

>"Chaplain" who has literally said nothing about God and whose entire interest has been making sure Bobbie shuts the fuck up

Really makes your orbit slingshot.

You should rewatch the episode where Miller shows the hologram of Eros being hit by the Nauvoo, you can tell Chad Coleman was about to laugh the whole time.

Oh you.

I bet his glasses project shitstorm of information in his eyes.

>six feet tall
>boxer

>sweatingguy.jpg

dang she needs to get back to fighting weight

you mean back to being fat

*beanered, jim is a spic

whatever that pic is. thick is fine until it looks like they have pudding stuffed in their cheeks.

Probably watching Riverdale with his left eye, reading Sup Forums with his right

Conquistadored

He has an English father and an Italian mother.

I want to stuff her cheeks with pudding, if you know what I mean.

so he's an arab then?

Made me laugh pretty hard, I give you that. Boy I love Sup Forums.

At this point the show diverged from the books far enough that it's safe to say I'm completely lost on where it's going.

Which is a good thing. They probably only have one more season to finish their story.

The scenes with Alex were pure kino

Glad I haven't read them, then. Couldn't watch "The Dome" after reading the book.
Can still manage GoT though I mourn all the good shit they cut out because they think women might not like it.

Yeah I'm already dreading Hollywood's next attempt to fuck up another Dune movie

>00:35
wtf
never noticed this before

Well it's unclear what they're cutting out and what direction they're going although they're getting the Avasarala/Bobbie stuff and fucking finally, but the way they get to the point is weirdly different from the books. Also, I wonder if they're going to do the Slow Zone incident or will just go on a tangent. Missing the Bull stuff would be a shame.

Anyone else thought last week was the season finale? I only saw ten episodes listed for this season on wikipedia then we got a new one this week. Now I'm hearing there's 2 more eps.

She kinda has a baby face

So does Amos

Overbite gives her less chin but also the appearance of fuller lips.

>amos and naomi leaving the ship when they are critical in like 3 different new conflicts\story arcs as big as the whole eros\protomolecule shit .
it is weird they're leaving now because they all left ganymede together but then again they raided the lab with mercenaries they hired on the spot and they got kidnapped by an earth black ops team at some point .

probably amos and naomi get kidnapped, holden alex and prax do some shit with the protomolecule dude and come back for them

She only ran like 50 yards, and had a 25 yard head start on the guards

y'all acting like this is a biathlon

>am i retarded then

It's a strong possibility user.

>born in fucking Montana
>a place so white even the surroundings look bleached
>LEL IS HE A NIGGUR

This board is retarded mayne, what surprises you so?

You shouldn't forget that even their RCS is probably more powerful than our massive rocket engines.

It's still too fast, but still.

Maybe Amos and naomi leaving is bullshit set up that will be resolved next episode. misdirection

>leaving

They will be in the same goddamn rock.

they're making small changes that dont really matter to the future .
>real martens
nice guy that genuinely tries to help bobby deal what what she went through , while she is a lot less whiny then show bobbie but a lot more affected by the incident .
>show martens
asshole working for the mars dude trying to buy the protomolecule weapon

character never comes back after bobbie leaves earth so it doesn't matter .

also
>real bobbie
gets a job as an attache to avisarala without asking anyone martian and while still remaining technically a soldier , kind of convoluted desu. busts avisarala's assistant passing information to the earth admiral dude trying to buy the protomolecule stuff.
>show bobbie
beats information out of martens and defects to earth when her suspicions are confirmed .

both paths dont matter after she leaves earth and while the show misses some great scenes i think defection makes more sense then a soldier just deciding on his own to work for a politician of another government and remaining a soldier . i kinda wish they kept the parts where she got to know earth by walking around on normal earth streets and not fucking slums.

what about his other 4 mothers and 3 fathers ?

I'm honestly impressed that they even thought about this, most creators would have just responded with "it's a show, don't think about it to hard" when confronted by this, so fair play to them

You're preaching to the choir user.

>avisarala
The fuck?

They mixed Thorsson and Martens into one singular character that's why in the show he's a Secret Service type guy. Right choice tebehe. I kinda wish they had Soren on the show, would have been fun watching her fuck his shit up.

Need to include Amos chimping out and then it would be perfect

Keep waiting for The protomolecule to disassemble them like in the book

Not before her reason for saving the protomolecule is explained/revealed. I sure hope that is mentioned again.

all the moons he slingshot were relatively well aligned and roci on thrusters still has more deltav then anything we ever built (after it left the atmosphere) .even him coming very close to the small moons on the gravity assist makes sense .

what makes no sense in the expanse universe is him not being instantly detected when he got into visual range of that martian ship . the ships systems would detect him even beyond visual range automatically and instantly as they have active sensors running especially if they're in the jovian system and dont wanna run into stray rocks .also the way he kills almost all his forward momentum and goes into a retrograde orbit near instantly means he wasnt going that fast .

also i think you dont understand the timescales of the expanse . like the eros chase took place over many days but seems much faster in the show, i suspect the gravity assist was like a week or so or they fucked it up big time.

please post this in every expanse thread