Get put on list saying you have a good ass

>get put on list saying you have a good ass
>kill yourself

do americans really do this?

From what you guys have said about this film it sounds incredibly insulting to people suffering depression and suicidal thoughts and also females in general

Actually I don't even know if it's a film or a series

Apparently American schools are really fucking shitty where the kids rape each other, bully each other to death and murder each other, with the people who are supposed to help the kids are just eternally fed up with it.

I heard she was raped in the show instead of just fingered, is that true?

>1994

There is an episode of My So-Called Life where Angela is disappointed that she doesn't make the list, Sharon is embarrassed that she is voted best tits, and Rayanne is thrilled she is voted best slut-potential. This shit is as old as television.

God I want to fuck her so hard

Yeah. I was expecting her just "suffering" from teenage angst but she actually goes through some fucked up shit that would push a teenager into suicide. The show overall isn't bad but its not great either. Drags on waay too long but does enough to hold you in.

what is this shit this is nonsense

>My So-Called Life

More like My So Called Terrible Life Being A Young, Fit, Middle-Class White Girl With No Real Problems, Feel Sorry For Me, Boo-Hoo

Fuck this shit

If you think Angela Chase was fit, you need to spend more time on /fit/ - also, don't be so bitter, it's obnoxious.

>this film

To most people who don't spend their time on Peruvian Monkey Baiting forums, "fit" means having a normal, healthy body, which is more than you can say for most American girls.

Just another self-absorbed, worthless, uninteresting roastie.

sounds like an episode of degrassi

OBSESSED

13 REASONS WHY NOT TO WATCH THIS SHOW

NAME 'EM...

Gene Siskel said that a movie's worth isn't what it's about, but how it's about what it's about. The same point applies to TV, especially a show like MSCL.

Angela Chase is a boring character. Her highlights include selling Grateful Dead tickets, writing a poem about an Oak Tree, dying her hair and lusting after a guy who barely acknowledges her existence. She comes from a stable, two-parent home in a middle-class neighborhood and has almost no outside-static in her life ... hence the point. She creates static because she is bored.

If she were a girl from, say, Laguna Beach, she would be interesting because she's blonde, rich, and has perky tits. But she's not - she's plain and boring and has no tits or wits. What makes her - and the show - interesting is how she interprets the world around her and develops drama within that very boring world.

She's self-absorbed, of course, but not really roastie-tier considering she started the show as a virgin and ended the show as a virgin, as boring as it gets.

That's the point of the show, with the exception of the Christmas "message" episode. Get it?

teenage female protagonist

I don't know what else to say as that was enough of a reason to keep me away

You don't need to be a rich blonde from Laguna Beach to be interesting... quite the opposite. That's the problem with Americucks. They think what they consume makes them interesting, not who they are. There's nothing interesting about Angela, and the show obviously tries to capitalize on the "le nobody understands me i'm a special snowflake" white girl audience.

actual good post

>trusting Sup Forums on sensitive matters

>They think what they consume makes them interesting, not who they are

Yes because Americans are the ONLY people on the planet who are consumerists.

Jackass. You're probably a self hating American teenager too

I'm not an Americuck, and you take consumerism to an entirely new level that doesn't exist in any other place (other than oil-nigger Gulf countries). While other cultures see consuming as something wasteful that should be avoided, you advocate it as a stimulant to progress, depleting all natural resources on the way and encouraging slave labor in third world countries.

>While other cultures see consuming as something wasteful

And yet they still go out and buy the biggest tv, newest car, shiniest phone, and designer brand clothes every year.

Please, show me one of these "enlightened" Europeans who has money yet still completely turns down consumerism.

shes australian

this show is overrated as fuck btw

You don't need to be a rich blonde girl from Laguna Beach to make you interesting, but it doesn't hurt - which multiple seasons of that show and The Hills (and The Hills post-show discussion show proved). Women - American women - prove this daily by their obsessive consumption of everything-Kardashian, which is weaponized Laguna Beach.

It's not the opposite, which is what made MSCL interesting. Beyond Jared Leto, there were no attractive people on the show. Angela was plain, boring, pale, uninteresting.

MSCL had nothing to do with consumerism, and as far as capitalizing on 'nobody understands me' well, have you ever met an American teenager? That shit is crack for them. An entire industry - popular music - is built around that concept. Again - get it?

This post reeks of some out of shape person that thinks healthy people have perfect lives, or that being middle class is somehow perfect. Especially in the modern world where the middle-class is disappearing leaving only the rich, the poor and people that have absolutely nothing. Your post also shows how little you understand that period of time, Generation X were widely labeled and treated as slackers and good for nothings. A great deal of the media from that time, about Teenagers, reflected the feelings of gen X and the general atmosphere of the time, that they were an unwanted generation, and that the world was going to tip over with worries about what would happen to them and future generations. The feeling that the baby boomers had screwed them, and all future generations, started there. No, things weren't as bad then, as they are now, but a great deal of people saw that the boomers had screwed all future generations even then, a lot of the viewpoints of the characters, and their inability to care about much, comes from the feeling that everything had already been permanently fucked with no way to fix it.

Skip to this day and age, and, yeah. Everything is fucked. There's no fixing it. Right, left, third party, one culture, another culture, one religion, another religion - any given path is a path straight down a outright drop off.

It's easy to look back and think they had nothing to worry about back then, or that things were good, but they were really just the first generation to realize how screwed everything and everyone was. They faced the brunt of the ire from the prior generations, whereas now, even with the millennial hate you see, you're pampered and sheltered from how screwed you are because it's the gen-xers way of trying to soften the inevitable impact, because they don't want to be like the people that shit all over them. It's just as unhealthy. They aren't better than the boomers. But it is what it is.

>muh first world problems
>d-daddy callled me a slacker ;_;

kys

Angela is a character that could be described by the Sneaker Pimps song, "Post Modern Sleaze" she is bored, and a lot of her angst comes from being bored, and doing anything she sees others that she considers hip/cool doing. She has no interest in doing drugs. She has an interest in being one of the group of people that are doing drugs. There's a lot about her that is typical 90s child/teenager, as described in film, tv and music media of the time.

It's why the other characters around her have so much personality and life, compared to her. Because she thinks they are so much more interesting than she is. She's bored by what she is, she maybe even hates what she is. Her so called life is so called because it's boring, she wants someone else's life.

It's pretty straight forward.

>whaaaaa i'm bored of having a perfect easy life

Americucks should all take a dip in a vat of acid

Not sure what you're on about. Angela isn't meant to be the American ideal, who she is, her dislike of what she has and what she comes from is not a positive. Her boredom with that decent life is a character flaw, and that flaw drives the story, interactions and actual adversity she eventually faces. You could take it as a moral tale about why you should be happy with what you have, because when things go wrong, it's because she didn't just appreciate what she had. She caused her own problems, that never would have happened if she'd just sat down and realized things were okay, and that she didn't need to do or get involved with all the nonsense she did/got involved with.

I don't really see your issue with writing a story about such a character or your weird stance that a hormonal teenager being, well, a hormonal teenager, is somehow an American issue. Are you under the very mistaken impression that Teenagers in Europe, or other parts of the world, don't act out and do stupid things? Because, there are thousands of years worth of history books that outline, pretty consistently, that, Teenagers are . . . Teenagers, no matter what time or culture they're in.

Yeah too bad this is a character that's completely insufferable to watch, which is probably why the series tanked in the first place. How could anyone stand this spoiled cunt and be interested in her adventures is beyond me.

Honestly? I imagine that the people that latched onto the series found their entertainment in the other, more interesting, characters. It wouldn't be the first time a series has been enjoyed more for its side characters than its main character.

I haven't seen this show, but I hate it because all of the normie girls I'm friends with on facebook are throwing themselves a pity party over it. They'll never make an accurate show that depicts most suicides, because here's how it would play out.

>Shy, nerdy guy
>Growing up, ridiculed by normies just for existing
>Just wants to be left alone
>Continues to grow older and more isolated
>Nobody has any pity or gives two fucks
>Finally, in mid twenties quietly commits suicide because he can't handle the lonliness anymore
>nobody outside of the immediate family gives a fuck.

I don't think any producer cares about catering to people who actually commited suicide for obvious reason.

Not nearly as much as Muslims or Asians. Of course if this happened in a Muslim country she would be stoned, so a little cut on the wrist is preferable.

they should make a show where a guy like this fucks some prime jb, many such cases of this happening.
>one guy in my town sent a dick pic and became a felon and level 1 registered sex offender
>one guy in his 20's tapped 3 16's and is doing 4-12 years, kek

this, melodramatic high school girls only fantasize about killing themselves just for the attention and sympathy they'd get from other vapid teenagers, but they never actually go through with it and then grow up to continue their melodrama by claiming "i was suicidal! i had the worst teenage years EVER! you dont know what its like!"

thats the target audience for this show, not people who actually are genuinely depressed

Midwest?

northeast. the second guy looked slightly chad-ish from his picture. many more cases of maladjusted young men falling for girls that are too young for them

The only actually horrible thing that happened to her was the rape

Everything else was melodrama

Why would anyone commit suicide in high school social problems?

Crippling debt in college makes much more sense.

What some people are missing is this wasnt a show for kids. It was really for adults to look back or for parents to have discussions. My mom said I couldnt watch the show cause angela was whiny.

If you don't want to watch a film, don't watch it. Or alternatively, neck yourself.

Is this show actually bad or is Sup Forums just meming?

hannah isn't the protagonist though

I won't then. Fuck you.

FUCK YOU

>only watching 1 episode
>not reading the book

W e w

Sup Forums is just memeing

The moral of the entire story is that all the little things stack up, and things that can be written off as melodrama can become life-threatening

>>
>This post reeks of some out of shape person that thinks healthy people have perfect lives, or that being middle class is somehow perfect.
If they have shitty lives and middle class is too poor for them, why don't they just improve their lives and get properly rich? They're not that stupid or incompetent, right?

>Everybody keeps bugging Clay about his tape, OH MAN HAVE YOU LISTENED TO YOUR TAPE YOU PIECE OF SHIT IS IT TRUE YOU KILLED HER MAN
>turns out he did literally nothing wrong