Ruptured my eardrum. AMA

Ruptured my eardrum. AMA.

Attached: ruptured-eardrum-image-credit-michael-hawke-md-2007.jpg (1100x824, 40K)

Does it hurt?

How

Kind-of. Not right now atm.
Was in bath and had head underwater for too long and got water stuck in my ear. Like an idiot, I went in with a q-tip, then a bent paperclip to get rid of the wax in the way.

I just wanted to say that your eardrum is the most beautiful eardrum ive ever seen

Attached: 1573178114192.png (408x408, 11K)

That's just a random pic I pulled off some medical site. I haven't actually seen my eardrum, although I can feel the air hissing through it while I breathe.

Will it heal?

>bent paperclip
The fuck?

you stuck a paperclip in your ear and thought that was okay
what kind of backwoods redneck mandingo alabama nigger low iq family do you come from you fucking idiot

Been there. For different reasons though. In both ears too. Surgery to fix it fucking sucks.

LOL, how do I ASK you anything.

Probably
I needed something long, stiff, and relatively thin to get at the plug of earwax at the back of my ear.
I didn't. That's why I got myself checked out later.
Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Don't eardrums usually heal on their own?
You just did.

Can you hear me?

No

Of course he cant you retard! Cant u see he doesnt even think properly?! Hes a down!

Look, I realize what I did was stupid.

Dont worry OP, downs can go to college nowadays

Why did you do that? What sound to you not want to hear?

I bet it he was trying to block out "the voices".

Attached: 1507633129012.jpg (453x500, 33K)

would you lick a hot grill's stinky feet?

Attached: 67656172_2239639266348884_4332233906888638464_n.jpg (400x400, 29K)

Can i scream near it?

Attached: r827.jpg (148x131, 3K)

Is it even a question?

Attached: 49f040895f17352f87119a973ca4d7bd0509ca8f.jpg (750x1100, 178K)

I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU WERE CLEANING YOUR EARS AND AN EARTHQUAKE HAPPENED, HOW FUCKED ARE YOU?

also if you read caps as yelling in your head, does it make your ear hurt? (vocal chords and muscles do the same with thinking and watching)

Attached: Screenshot_20191107-213559.png (1440x2560, 1.39M)

Considered renting the space out for a spider-breeding program?

What's the deal with airplane food?

Dude, you just pull on your earlobe and bob your head to the side until the water comes out

It will heal on its own

oi i thought i did this last week, had a doctors appt but they didnt have it in the system and havnt rescheduled
did you instantly start hearing like louder? my shit aches kind of randomly towards the back like close to the earlobe but behind the ear

was exaggeratedly telling a story drunk and slapped myself in the jaw, except it was my ear too

fuckin weird though it mustnt be too bad
just worried about infection but hey doctors fobbed me off so

that aint the real shit though i fucking OHP like a month ago and absolutely ruined my shoulder/chest
two GP appointments and both times it was just a mobility check and asking if i had pain which i didnt but FUCK i did a light workout 2 days ago and im still feeling it
at work i did 6 pushups and it feels like ive just over done it
like what the fuckkkkkk

Attached: 1572095684096.jpg (960x960, 215K)

Can you hear me?

>Bent paperclip
This is why you don't deserve nice things

Attached: bf48e3e9cf9d96f0a4455937682c7199.jpg (400x593, 47K)

I did it because I thought something was stuck in my ear. I wish I could hear sounds.
No, but I would lick her freshly washed feet.
No, loud noises really irritate it.
No, I feel fine.
I'm not that broke yet
It's cheap budget stuff combined with changes with how you taste things at high altitudes.
There was some earwax in there as well.
I hope so. Thank you for reassuring me.
I lost around 60% of my hearing.
No
I KNOW IT WAS STUPID

Is that a picture of yours or just random internet one. I have shit tons of scarring on my left ear drum due to doctors using the water method for ear wax removal. The one where the doctor filles up a large metal syringe looking thing with warm water, and then blasts it all into your ear. I mean, I works. But I had to get it done 5 times over the course of 4 years and by the end the drum had all the scarring

Holy hell. Can you still hear okay?

Can I see it?

OP you massive idiot. Invest in an actual ear cleaning device. It's like a mini scoop that you can use to surgically scrape and dig out earwax.

You still have to be careful and gentle (duh) but it's far more effective than a fucking balloon popper.

Again, you're an idiot.

I KNOW

My dad used to clean our ears out with his keys lol

Oh man, i didnt even know that exist

Your dad is also an idiot

Attached: 1573185257287.jpg (640x503, 117K)

I use toothpicks to clean my ears. no accidents yet.

Attached: haha.jpg (453x500, 34K)

Depending on the severity of it, yes it will heal on its own in a few weeks. Speaking from experience. Mine healed, but dont know how bad it was because i didnt go get it checked out. Definitely ruptured it though. Hearing was jacked for 3 weeks or so

If that is yours, you sure a spider didn't chomp at it? If it isn't, what kind of pain are you experiencing? Hands, feet, neck, nose, eyes or earlobes (like a broken batwing)?

That pic is showing a thing sat down on it and bit at it and pulled it out. See the stretching on the left occur to offer a gentle tug to the ligament there but not fracture the nerve endings due to an understanding of what might be fiber goo there? Like it feeds on your feet stuff or whatever?
In the cut itself you don't see any over reaching veins and you can almost make out the headshake from the singed pain nerve and the actual poise of the drumming making a reception for pain, you can really almost see the person was lying down facing up by then, and it isn't really clear that the person woke so it could've been a stretched eye thing deal that caused the final pop, like dealing with air in the ear to yawn. Either way it's not clinical and you may lose sensitivity to spider teeth and or nails, people compare them, but there is no way to rule out damage prior to your swim. Otherwise, your swim is more like a dangerous dive and halfing that situation to claim an eardrum is ruptured, you should know how to feel about the pain or you will be sitting in an unsettled nerve that will react to everything that isn't simple noise in your head or even the bone in another person.
Those things cause people to kill themselves. Lets be careful about this boys. Too cool for school didnt save me none.

Its not him

Who the fuck are you?

Dont help people you will never meet
That boy knows who I am and he knows he owes me his ear.