ITT: BORING films

Slow burn my ass, 50 minutes of nothingness. Just a man standing, staring, stalking and breathing.

It's called atmosphere.

At the time i'm sure it was scary. But watching it now...... eughhhh youre right. It's boring as fuck.

I watched it only once many years ago and was unimpressed, even though I'm a huge Carpenter fan. I need to rewatch it to see if I was right or just a retarded kid who only wanted gore and tits.

>films the ritalin generation will never understand

>suspiria
>deep red
>tremors
Not autistic enough to list more desu

>gen z is actually this brainless
Holy fuck.

Halloween is like Wolfenstein 3D. You respect it for being one of the OG slasher flicks, but it's not the best example of its genre.

>but it's not the best example of its genre.
except it is the best slasher flick other than tcm. And almost the only slasher flick that isn't total shit

>except it is the best slasher flick other than tcm.

>love Halloween and still holds up
>love Wolfenstein 3D and still holds up
What did he mean by- you know what? I'm not gonna bother with this thread. all know better, and that's enough to make me happy.

I love a lot of 60s, 70s, and 80s horror movies. But Halloween is fucking boring. Suspense can absolutely be overdone, and it was in Halloween.
I unironically vastly prefer Halloween 3.

>I'm not gonna bother with this thread
>he says after giving this thread a bump

Good job retard.

Stupid embryo fuck. A real answer would be Bela Tarr, Tsai Ming-liang, Apichatpong Weerasethakul, and Jia Zhangke.

Season of the witch, is best Halloween.

You said Scream is the best slasher movie ever?

Get the fuck out of here, nigger.

>"Haha, Halloween III is so underrated, bros! People just hate it because Michael Myers isn't in it."

No, people hate it because it's like a long Tales from the Crypt episode. The shit with the Stonehenge was absolutely retarded. Their whole plan seemed far-fetched. It's retarded all around.

It's up there.

pic related is the best Halloween and it's not even debatable.

All these.

It is debatable. Your taste in Halloween movies is shit. Kill yourself, faggot. I'm kidding,
but reconsider your stance. Faggot.

What you have done is looked at the imagery, failing to grasp the concept of them communicating more than is immediatly apparent. If you choose to see Myers as 'just some guy who stalks teens' then you have missed the point. Myers isn't real. There is no guy at all. It's a story that illustrates something about the psychology of american suburbia.

*whispering* go fuck yourself

>Boyhood

BUT IT TOOK 12 YEARS TO MAKE!

I'm trying to help you.

Is this Predator general?

Jungles, people walking in jungles, jungles, jungles, more jungles, people in jungles, jungles......

Long pigs. but I love it a little.

I agree. I watched it and was severely disappointed.

Predator has pretty consistent killing and stuff tho

Essential b8core

Halloween is great. Friday the 13th is boring shit

Assault on Precinct 13 made me mad, it had a really awesome buildup for most of the movie where things were really tense and every life mattered, and then it blew its load with like a hundred fucking idiots running right at the protagonists with no survival instinct and they all make it out alive unharmed

Literally shocked when the credits started rolling what felt like a half hour early

Only the first Friday is boring.

The Night Bait Came Home!

Nigga, cuckoo is watchable as fuck no matter how much of an ADD teen you are. The rest can be kinda pleb filters so i understand

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is essential dullcore

I liked this movie but it felt like I was watching the last 30 minutes of it on loop.

>One of the best films of the last 20 years

The only reason people like or remember this is for the MILKSHAKE scene

It's the cholos, man!

It means they don't fuckin' care!

Do you ever wonder why an user would purposefully out themselves as a pleb?

You sick fuck

Blue is the Warmest Colour was probably the most boring film l've seen.

Se7en. Fucking anticlimactic as shit. The twist at the end was dumb as shit. Like, really? The killer turns out to be some random scrawny bald fuck?

the 2nd also seemed exceedingly shit, maybe not pure undiluted shit like the first one but enough to kill my interest in the franchise

Is this bait? Can't tell. But anyway it was scary back then, but nowadays it's still not boring.

The Halloween movies are best watched in a marathon.

Honestly it's a great film to sit through the the first time without really knowing much about it. After that though you remember how slow it was and can't really commit to a second viewing.

>Three hours of nothing happening.

Of course the critics love it. That's what true kinomaking is all about.

now you've described your life, why not tell us about the film?

Kino

Needs Lost in Translation

I actually had it there before I watched Manhattan.

It didn't even scare my 9 year old cousin.

I literally fell asleep while watching this shit.

Cuckoo and Citizen Kane aren't even slow you dumb fuck. Slow pacing isn't the reason to dislike them.

Here's the Halloween for you and your trash generation

(OP)
Let me guess you wanted gore and gore and gore? Yawn.

Can't wait for fall to come so I can continue a tradition of watching it at least once of year. It's so comfy but still thrills at the same time.

>Slow burn my ass, 50 minutes of nothingness. Just a man standing, staring, stalking and breathing.
So much this
I find that most old movies, especially those pre 80ties are badly edited, have by today standards awful; ugly long shoots of random shit be it panoramic view or what ever that by the tech of that age must have looked amazing but today waste your time, ir have long pointless music pieces that trie to fight over your attention with the movie itself.
Not that modern movies are well edited, some like marvel movies give me a headache wit a cut every second, but there is a perfect middle ground that most old editors didnt think to try yet.

>pre 80s movies are badly edited
Actually, unironically this. They're actually hard to sit through, and I don't even have ADHD or whatever buzzword you want to throw at me.