How did America fuck this one up so badly?

How did America fuck this one up so badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DYcVtCV6qI4
dailymotion.com/video/xmjpk4_the-it-crowd-us-pilot_fun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does America do this? Seriously, why? I can't name a series that they haven't made worse or totally fucked up by doing this. At best you get OK results like The US Office. I don't fucking get it.

I think this might actually be worse

I remember seeing this at a friends place. We had all been out drinking heavily and were crashing back at his apartment. Someone suggested putting on The Inbetweeners and he mentions that he had the new US version. I'm just sitting there in silence thinking it was going to be awful but holy shit it was worse than I could have ever imagined. We watched about three episodes and even half cut I fucking hated it. There wasn't a single likeable character in it. It's not even like the original series was irreplaceably stellar or anything. Pure trash.

When they "adapt" series, they rely on the name brand of the original, then streamline everything that made the original good so that it can appeal to as large a viewerbase as possible, and in the process remove allt he charm and uniqueness the original had.
Euro shows tend to be a lot more bleak and cynical than US ones, but american producers think that won't sell over there, so they make it more upbeat, and suddenly you have trash.

The britbong series wasn't great to begin with.

youtube.com/watch?v=DYcVtCV6qI4

Look at the UK lads; they're not really attractive. They speak naturally. There's a bond there. Now look at the American ones- good looking (and they're supposed to be unpopular how?) with the exception of the fatfuck that is Jay. Unnatural dialogue mixed in with peppiness and it's the most stilted shit on Earth.

In Treatment, The Killing, and Homeland are good

I haven't seen their original shows so i can't compare

House of Cards (the first season or two at least imo) was better than the UK version

the biggest problem with it is that they just didn't think when they made it
not a single amount of thought went into what made the original so funny, they just transplanted the jokes into America
The biggest thing being that they shot it like American Pie where everything is sunny and bright and there's slow motion action shots
when part of the charm was that it was so grey and shot like it was on a mobile phone

wrong

This desu. Watching it with my girlfriend and I fucking love it so far. (Just started the second season) Is Ashes to Ashes worth checking out as well?

They didn't, it's been superior to the UK version.

And I'm English too, >inb4 calling me a burger

"it's been?"

it got shitcanned instantly

This. This is why the US version is better, there's actually an ending instead of the IS IT REAL? IS HE IN A COMA? I can't stand unsolved mysteries in shows.

They really tried edit out anything offensive by the looks of it. The language is all neutered, the guy who attacks them is oddly gentle, there's no shouting etc.

Better to be one and done than dragged out over a few series in 2 different shows.

Yeah them being fucking astronauts makes it all better

Hey at least it gives them a fucking reason for all the crazy shit happening to them 'in the 70's'.

And it finally makes the title work for something other than shoe-horning a Bowie song in.

No qt Liz White.

Her American counterpart Gretchen Mol was nearly 40

It's fine, nowhere near as good but the lead actress is hot.

There is an ending, he was in a coma. Did you even watch it? The sequel series messes that up but your complaint is still incorrect.

This is the same reason the USA Red Dwarf series flopped.

>cute face
>adorable accent (first time i've said that about Manc)
>brunette

Sam should have fugged her earlier

This has to be bait. The bowie song isnt about life on mars m8. It's literally a social commentary released in the 70s.

I didn't really care about the ending too much. I just didn't see what the fuss was about the show. Nothing about it was exceptional.

The US series had an ending but that doesn't make it better.

>the US version is better, there's actually an ending
Murican in a nutshell

the original was shit too
best to watch episodes of The Sweeney

4 reasons I can't be fucked even looking at Ashes to Ashes.

>No Liz White
>No John Simm
>No 70s setting
>No Liz White

>No Liz White

dropped

don't forget no liz white

I disliked how the season 2 finale had Gene Hunt be the "tumour" which was keeping Sam Tyler in his coma.

Gene had told him to leave several times when Annie Cartwright was the only one telling him to stay the entire time.

American general audiences absolutely suck. There can never be any questions left unanswered, you don't want to think about anything.

It's one of the best series ever made the British Life on Mars..

watch Ashes to Ashes you mong, it explains everything

Enjoy!

dailymotion.com/video/xmjpk4_the-it-crowd-us-pilot_fun

I can settle for a Keeley Hawes though.

I need to get abreast of this series..

I watched the first 5 minutes and it seems better than a lot of american remakes. Certainly better than the Inbetweeners remake. Though still worse than the original, especially the opening scene.

I liked it

fucking completely wrong

BUS TURDS!

But the UK version went on for 16 episodes. The US had 17

The issue is everything's too similar. The type of shots, the jokes (and the actors).

There's nothing unique enough for it to be good, or for them to fuck up.

We don't talk about that. It never existed.