Why didn't she just stay at home and study?

Why put herself in a series of """horrible""" situations? There is not a single problem that couldn't be solved by stepping away, going home, having a nice meal with her parents, and studying for her future. Maybe praying a little.

But no, she wanted attention and attention and boys and dick and attention. This is the ABSOLUTE state of art, or the pale facsimile we're stuck with. Not gonna lie, I blame the fact that women are allowed to participate in creative industries. These stories aren't worth telling. They're pathetic, trite, and self-absorbed, just like all women always are.

Watching this show will make you dumber and less of a man/adult.

Yeah but she's hot

Literally I would make a hotter girl than she is. There is nothing special about her.

>getting raped isn't the dumb little sluts fault
What did modern society incorrectly mean by this.

She more cute, than hot.

She's a slut

suicide scene broke me, am I a fag guys ?

This show was pretty meh. She literally did just kill herself for attention.

She had the average life of a teenage girl. Fair enough she got raped but apart from that she didn't have it that bad.

Yes. Probably too much estrogen and liberal brainwashing. If you're eating any soy, cut it out.

Anyone else think the scene of her parents finding her in the bathtub was sort of weak?

WE GOT A NIGGER HERE

SHOVE A FORK UP HIS ASS

wat sho

The book was written by a man. The script was adapted from the book by a man. The central protagonist is a boy.

How are you blaming women for this? The story is about a girl who slowly had her faith and trust in others chipped away until she realised there was no one to support her after she had been raped, a suspicion which was confirmed by the negligence of the school counsellor.

It was a really good series. Hoping for a final S2 to finish up the story.

self absorbed slut only killed herself to make the people she sent the tapes to feel guilty
but like the stupid slut she is, she didn't think it through, you can't enjoy revenge when you are fucking dead

Cunt detected. Take your stupid female brain and words and ideas and shove them up your ugly cunt, Cunt.

Why the fuck didn't she go to her parents about it?

Did she not care how fucked up her parents would be after finding her bleeding out in the bathtub?

Some people think they can't live without that stuff, man. She should have learned how to quit, hold everyone in casual disdain for their selfish mistreatment of you, and go buy a Super Nintendo.

>YO CLAY STOP THREATENING PEOPLE FOOL, YOU AIN'T EVEN HEARD YOUR OWN TAPE YET, THE WORST IS YET TO COME YO YO YO
>Clay you don't belong on these tapes
>ayyyy Clay got baited as fuck
>he doesn't just listen to all of them in one sitting and go to the police

10/10 writing

She felt as though she were a financial burden on her parents, especially after losing the deposit money, which happened before she was raped. She basically said that she felt her existence only caused others trouble, which left her feeling empty inside. That's essentially why she didn't care, because she no longer had motivation to live, but she found a purpose in dying. I'm not saying it was moral or good. The show doesn't position Hannah as a likeable character who embodies goodness. She was pretty deeply flawed, but she did have a reason for doing what she did.

She literally... LITERALLY... killed herself over a damaged stop sign.

No, she killed herself because she got raped and then the counsellor told her to get over it. Everything else was just decoration on the suicide cake

>I blame the fact that women are allowed to participate in creative industries

The book was written by a man. The series is produced by a man. The screenplay written by a man. Most of the episodes, directed by a man.

Blame the true culprit here, the jews and their agenda of cultural marxism.

0.02 dollar were deposited into your netflix E-wallet

she wasn't raped though

what?

It is not rape if she cums.

Well, not really. The stop sign was one event in a series of events that chipped away at her faith and trust in humanity (in those around her). She didn't kill herself because some bitch floored a road sign. It was the idea that people didn't have to face justice for the crimes they've committed, considering this happened just after she saw the rape of her friend. It tainted her view of life and of others.

Funerals ain't cheap

> Were you raped ?
> Maybe
> Do you want to go to the police ?
> No
> Do you want to press charges agains't the guy ?
> No
> Then i'm sorry but you'll just have to get over it

The black guy did nothing wrong you turbocunt

Bryce pls leave

>counsellor
>allows a clearly disturbed girl to walk off
>stole his degree
>nothing wrong

he was shit at his job you cock juggling thundercunt

>stole his degree
did I miss something ?

There are lots of problems with taking politically correct feminist driven undertones, but whatever you're referring to isn't a good example.

I'll assume this is bait, because your issue is one of trivial story types which is a part of every entertainment medium not exclusive to unrealistic stories of women.

He had a duty of care to his students and their mental health. She was clearly deeply troubled, had just confided that she had been through a traumatic experience and rather than chase her, he left her to walk away without informing anyone.

He was straight up negligent.

if you have the key to a door, is it rape if you use that key to open the door? I think not

>waaaaaaaaaaaaaah everybody hates me nobody wants me
>oh really, nobody?
>well there's this guy who I really like, I enjoy spending time with him and I can really see myself with him
>how about asking him out?
>lol nope *slits wrists*
The only person I was empathetic towards was Clay, that bitch almost ruined his life.

She didn't kill herself because of Clay. Did you even watch it?

>She didn't kill herself because of Clay
I didn't say she did, I said that literally every single one of her lamentations before being raped could have been solved in 5 seconds by asking out the guy she liked. Literally that. AND if she did do that, she wouldn't have been raped in the first place because she would have never gone to rapey chad's house.

The parents reaction did it for me.

Also, "I haven't had close friends for, like, a whole semester!", "chads say I'm easy". Like, am I seriously supposed to give a fuck about that?

So Alex killed himself because he wrote on a list that she had the best ass?

He killed himself because he's a faggy kid with bleached hair and a nose ring. Would you want to live a life like that?

Exactly. Or he could have asked her out too. Honestly after she kissed her like a maniac at the party I can't understand how this fuckboi let her be.
Is it so hard to say "Hey hannah do you want to grab a coffee ?"

But she didn't ask him out because in her weakened state of mind, she was convinced he hated her after being rejected as they were about to have sex. Every reason leading up to that already chipped away at her trust in others, so the solution wasn't as simple as asking him out.

You're basically asking a teenager with massive mental issues who was bullied or treated poorly by almost everyone at her school to think rationally.

You seen to have forgotten what happened after they kissed.

He felt guilty that, even though his action alone wasn't what led her to suicide, it essentially undermined her in front of everyone, which made her a target for bullying and then helped to create the conditions that eventually led her to be raped.

He also realised that he let himself become the bitch for all the popular jocks, leading to his negative behaviour. That was part of the guilt in knowing what he had done.

>she was convinced he hated her after being rejected as they were about to have sex
I'm talking about all the time between her first problems and the party when she saw amerindian girl get raped (and didn't even scream, wtf). She could have asked him out at any point: he clearly liked her in terms of appearance and as a person, he clearly didn't give a fuck about anything anyone had ever said about her and he definitely would have said yes before she would have even finished asking him out.
But she didn't, better complain and go out with friend of cunt guy number 3 or 4 or whatever.
Again, until the party I literally had not an ounce of empathy towards her, everything that happened to her is pretty common in highschool, nothing serious at all.

You raped Hannah Baker.

Yeah she freaked out. She is a teenager and she was drunk it's perfectly normal.
It's not like she started to ignore him after that incident, they were still friend.
Just like last episode when she told the counselor that clay hated her just the previous scene, LITTERALY the previous scene, he came to her and started chatting with her, in a friendly manner

She was a high school kid. He should have called her parents and recommended a professional.

alex isnt dead he shot himself in the head and was being rushed to the hospital but not confirmed dead

The whole fucking point of the show is that the things she experienced made her unable to behave normally and make rational choices. She killed herself because she believed it was the only choice.

Oh come on, before the party what the hell happened to her precisely that "made her unable to behave normally and make rational choices"? It's not like she witnessed the tutsi being genocided in rwanda.

Yeah he should have
But we are talking about Hannah point of view, she didn't wanted her parent to know that
She wanted the guy to magically put Bryce in prison, he couldn't do that

Yes, she could have asked him out. As I remember it, she said that she regretted not asking him out and she wished he had asked her out. Clay did care what others said about her. He lashed out at her because he was jealous that she kissed Justin (and that Justin took a panty shot of her).

Not sure which high school you went to, but are you seriously saying it was common for people to be heavily stalked, harassed, sexually assaulted, raped, betrayed and ignored by the school counsellor? A lot of that shit is pretty serious, and even though it happens sometimes, though not at the frequency portrayed in the show, it's definitely not pretty fucking common in high schools.

>Not sure which high school you went to, but are you seriously saying it was common for people to be heavily stalked, harassed, sexually assaulted, raped, betrayed and ignored by the school counsellor?
I said before the party so rape and counsellor stuff don't apply. Also, I'm not american, it took me like 2 episodes to understand what the fuck a counsellor is.
But yes, being stalked? Chad grabbing a girls'ass? That's pretty common stuff. Sure, being photographed while inside your house is not common (at least I hope it isn't), but still, she found out who he was and sent him away. The rest is girl drama.

Common maybe for some dirty gypsy high school in rural Romania, but high school is pretty tame in general.

Sure, she wanted Bryce to pay for what he had done. But the reason she went to the counsellor in the first place is that she had almost completely resolved to kill herself because she thought she was a burden to others and that no one cared for or acknowledged her in a positive way. The counsellor was the last resort to see whether at least one person could save her. She didn't kill herself because the black dude wasn't able to put Bryce behind bars.

Don't listen to the libtards. Of course they think drunk sex is rape, but only in the girl's case. If a man gets drunk he can consent but a girl can't for some reason. Pretty sexist if you ask me.

>Common maybe for some dirty gypsy high school in rural Romania
Dude, I'm not from Romania and if you think what I said never happened in your highschool you either were out of the loop or you just don't remember.

So, in your opinion, what could the counselor do to save her ? And I mean in Hannah's eyes, like doing something that would prove Hannah there is still hope.
Because you could tell me ask the police, or tell her parents, yeah that would have made her unnable to kill herself but was it really what she was waiting for ?

Jessica, the first girl he raped during the show, was drunk to the point of fading in and out of consciousness if not totally unconscious. That's pretty clearly rape no matter whether the victim is a guy or a girl.

This thread is boring me to tears. Just stop watching shit TV

High school isn't like how it is in Hollywood media. Stalking, harassment and sexual assault aren't common high school experiences. It happens, but it's not something hugely common in high school. Teenagers barely have the means to achieve most of that shit. We just assume they do because the teenagers we see on screen are in a fantasy world and are being portrayed by 20+ year old actors.

>Stalking, harassment and sexual assault aren't common high school experiences
Dude, do you seriously think it's not frequent for the easy girl to get her ass grabbed in highschool? Maybe not inside the school but it didn't happen on campus for Hanna either. And "weird guy following pretty girl" happens quite frequently too.

He could have told the police or her parents, but that wasn't what Hannah wanted on a fundamental level. The reason she even went to the counsellor was because she felt unneeded and unloved by everyone else. She wanted to prove herself right by finding out whether someone would care enough to stop her from killing herself.

All the guy had to do was pay attention to her and acknowledge her pain. He tried to, but failed because he was incompetent. He had one last chance to follow her after she stepped out of his office in anger, and she even waited for him to follow her (she wanted to see whether he would actually save her), but he thought a phone call was more important. That confirmed her beliefs that she might as well kill herself.

This show depicts another example of dumb cunts going for the super buff Chad and getting fucked over rather then taking the safe sub-normie guy.

If you ask me that dumb cunt got what she deserved.

High schools aren't some weird Hollywood stereotype. Kids don't go around labeling certain girls "easy" and then sexually harassing or assaulting them.

t. basement dweller virgin

I must have gone to school in hollywood then. And my friends did the same apparently. And people from other countries that I've met and shared life stories with.
Dude, it sounds you went to school in the most boring place ever desu.

Sounds like you went to school with retards who emulated whatever they saw on tv

How to make the show kino
> Clay is an intellectual kinda awkward guy he hang with a group of nerd promised to great career in Ivy league school
> Hannah belong in the club of jock which only the most talented are promised a good Uni
> She works with clay and they start to connect but they belong to different world
> To belong to the groupe she start dating Jock who don't respect her, this trigger Clay who feel is not as beautiful or cool enough to have a girl like here
> Meanwhile she see Clay hang out with intelligent girls and making intelligent joke she feels too stupid for him
> Same shit happen to her, some rumor got around in campus, shit like that
> She witness her friend mocking other guy for dating nerd
> One time she has the nerve to ask clay on date, they go but the group of jock happens to pass by and bully Clay who thinks she tricked him
> other bully shit happens
> He finally pardon her they get to a party and when she is pretty wasted they hook up but he has to go for some other shit
> The jocks find her drunk ass and pull them out some place else
> When he returns she is not here he try to follow her but one of the jock tell him to let it go he sucks and don't deserve her
> She get raped. She call him the night of the rape he doesn't answer
> The next day he finally go out with the asian nerd that has been asking him out for the whole show
> She sees them from a long distance. Kill herself
> Last tape is the tape about clay, he never did anything wrong but he could have saved her if he loved her
> Everytime she wanted him to ask her out but he didn't she went out with the jock and one of the reason she suicided happened
> Clay is devastated knowing that all this time she was suffering and she loved him. And he could have protected her

Dude that's a bunch of cliches.

Dude sounds like you went to school with a bunch of nuns.

I went to military school. Shit was hard

Like the original story wasn't full of cliché ?

Kids in high school have fuck all freedom. They can't have a kegger every weekend because their rich parents are out of town on business or their degenerate parents are getting high in a public park somewhere. Most high schools are tame because kids are retardedly boring and don't go around raping each other at parties or whatever the fuck.

>I went to military school
Are there even girls in military school? Aren't you like segregated? If yes, how can it possibly be representative of the average high school experience?

>They can't have a kegger every weekend because their rich parents are out of town on business or their degenerate parents are getting high in a public park somewhere
I didn't say they do. Although I'm starting to think the difference between america and here might have something to do with legal drinking age.

What a dramatic bitch

>written by a man
>adapted by a man
>protagonist is a man
You are aware that what counts as a ""man"" nowadays is usually some estrogen filled, white guild ridden turbofag right?

I hope you don't count as a man, because right now you sound like a whiny fucking bitch.

Everyone who is active in this thread does tho

>there was no one to support her

Except her parents - the only people she didn't look to for help.

She was a self-absorbed, narcissistic slut who killed herself for attention. Hopefully anyone else who likes this retarded show will follow suit.

Holy shit, actually watch the fucking show and pay attention. This is constantly addressed throughout the series.

Her parents owned a small pharmacy that was competing poorly against a corporate pharmacy chain store, they were struggling financially to pay rent and constantly fought over this. Hannah felt that she was a burden to them, which was amplified when she lost their $700 deposit.

She didn't look to them for help because they were so absorbed in trying to make ends meet. And she never actually slept with anyone, so calling her a slut doesn't even make sense.

But he's correct?

Honestly dude you just seem to not understand how women think

>binge watch this
>it's ok, but mostly sticking around for tony and unique guy
>episode 10 happens
Fuck me. I liked unique guy.

Wouldn't stick in court.

IF IT DON'T FIT, YOU MUST ACQUIT

Literally the only reason I haven't ended it is cuz it would make my mom sad

Not the same guy but while she's not a slut she is a self absorbed Narcissistic cunt who pushed away and hurt most of the people who truly cared about her. Not to mention the sociopathic nature of the tapes. I'm glad she killed herself, she was a terrible person.

Music was good though.