Rogue one

uhhh.....give this movie a score upon 10?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4&t=2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

5/10

very cool/10

>as a ST franchise
6/10
>as a standalone scifi movie
8/10
I was pretty good. Much better than TFA

5, some pretty shitty acting and boring at times. Bland.

>ST franchise
*SW

5/10

Just for the Vader and Tarkin scenes

i hope you meant despite Vader and Tarkin scenes which were despicable

OP here

7/10

i thought it was much, much better than TFA, although some scenes were too cilched/cringey, like donnie yen and the kungfu parts. Felt like his weapon lacked impact. The fights with him and his sidekick didnt have any tension, I knew all the blaster shots would miss them and somehow the fat guy would have 10/10 aim too. Also that CGI tarkin kinda stood out, but maybe because I already knew he was CGI-ed in. CGI leia had weird mouth issues too. The female protagonist is much more believable than Rey. Props for them killing everyone off too, no lame ass last minute saves here

6.5/10.
Decent story within the established universe.
Mediocre characters, mediocre acting.
Great effects, visuals and sound design.
A few decent moments here and there.

No, James Earl Jones' voice talent was the only thing that wasn't subpar, everything else reeks of lack of talent

Ultimately forgettable and more product than movie. 6/10, tops.

Like any suicide mission movie, the writers didn't know how to kill everyone so have at least one character walk into certain death for no reason. The "kill cage" sequence with Vader at the end, while cool, was completely inconsistent with the universe and the character. When you start making decisions based on "what will the fans like," instead of "what will be good," you've fucked yourself.

one quarter portion

>Vader edgy as always for no reason
>Tarkin looks like a rubber doll
fucking superb

anyone giving this above a 0/10 is a shill

soulless, bland and a sign of things to come.

Hit me how little I cared for it when I went to take a piss during the middle of the action in the last act and I didn't even rush to get back

oh ya the part where they magically found a group of rebels to go with them on a sucide mission fell fall on its face too. I didnt feel like she convinced them, in fact they would have little to no reason to even trust her. I cant even remember their faces, except the black one cos hes black

*fell flat

not a shill, i think it just depends on the metric we're using.

I gave this 6/10 on a first pass, but would not watch it again. There's no reason to. TFA has more rewatchability.

7 of these youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4&t=2s

>in fact they would have little to no reason to even trust her
They trusted Cassian, who trusted her.

5/10 just because it's Star Wars

very cool vistas/10

>TFA has more rewatchability
some parts are atrocious

why would cassian trust her so much suddenly? He seems very bad at actually being a streetsmart, battleworn rebel, 1st handing a total stranger(her) a weapon and just believing her like that

>The "kill cage" sequence with Vader at the end, while cool, was completely inconsistent with the universe and the character.

How so? We are talking about the same Vader who cut up a room full of kids.

>some parts are atrocious
>some
some parts arent

Me personally I love this film.

I agree, the vistas were very cool, very cool.

4/10

He was committing an assassination because his Master told him to.

In RO, he kills all these soldiers cuz he's in a rush, while timeline-wise hours later he just lets his Storm Troopers handle the same shit before even making an entrance.

I'm not saying murder is inconsistent with Vader's character, I'm saying Generals don't fucking get into skirmishes.

>some parts are atrocious

Of TFA? Yes. But less so than RO.

Just finished watching it seconds ago and loaded up Sup Forums to see if there were any threads. This one just happened to be at the top.

The force has spoken :^)

Lots of cool ideas. Blatant references to the original trilogy but what else would you expect.

Much better than TFA.

As a Star Wars film: 8/10

literally the worst star wars product ever made

but user, every part with Rey fighting was atrocious

yes the scenery was very nice

and i appreciate the subtle efforts to make it look 80s, like the haircuts and makeup they chose

IMO it was retarded because he could've just thrown his lightsaber down the hall or killed everyone with a single Force push, but he decided to take his time which "conveniently" allowed the plans to get off the ship. It was clearly there for a "OMG EPIC VADER SCENE" but was purely unnecessary, yet people gobbled it up and rate the movie higher then they should.

I guarantee, you ask anyone what their favourite scene was in R1, they'll say the Vader hallway scene. It was pure fucking marketing.

Darth Vader quipping put a sour taste in my mouth

AT-ST's/10

>he forgot the christmas special again

That's what would happen after spending so much time around Obi-Wan

9/10 not perfect but pretty close

Can't wait for episode 8!

t. Megabrainlet

Very boring start, but then goes all right. And I fucking hate what they did to the Start Wars Theme song. But was a good movie with some flaws.

>props for them killing everyone off too, no lame ass last minute saves here

They could use that for a new refresh on thoses young audience movies where everyone is save on the last second but they did it the wrong way. Everyone is Deus Ex Machine'd again the whole movie till the last minutes when they remember everyone has to die give to the main cast deaths in the row.

It was funny actually. You can see when the Main Cast Shield is deactivated. But at least have a better explanation and less flaws than TFA.

it was cool to see Moff Tarkin as an actual character, with the missed opportunity of giving him more screentime (more than three seconds) as a younger man in Revenge of the Sith.

Once that "oh wow, that's cool" wears off, you're left with a pretty generic movie. I'm with you, I give it high marks on the first pass, but it won't become the classic that the others have. It'll be forgotten in six months.

It felt like an ABC made-for-TV movie with a star wars setting and references scattered about
No one knew how to act.
>Vader says a cheesy choke pun
fuck that

I watched this flick at home when the blu ray was leaked. Did anyone watch it at the theatre? What was the reaction to Vader's pun, did the audience laugh?

I give this movie a 3/10. Way better than The Force Awakens imo.

>he could've just thrown his lightsaber down the hall or killed everyone with a single Force push, but he decided to take his time which "conveniently" allowed the plans to get off the ship
Of course he could have. But Anakin is cocky like that.

Have you ever watched an Anderson Silva fight? Are you familiar with the term "showboating"?

He wasn't aware that anyone in the hallway had the plans, he just knew the plans had been beamed to the ship. I mean, if he can't use the force to detect the Millennium Falcon resting literally on a star destroyer, what makes you think he could detect a little disk among a crowd of frightened nobodies?

I saw this scene as Anakin toying with them. Instilling fear.

Vader doesn't say "Do ya feel in charge?" or "Nobody cares who I was till I put on the mask"

DROPPED

>"Where is the Ambassador?"
>"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
>"Apology accepted Captain Needa."
yeah, Vader never quips. not at all.

Yeah, be so cocky that you literally let people get the most important plans in the Imperial archives off world which leads to the destruction of your greatest weapon. That's some fucking cockiness.

If Vader isn't pragmatic in dire situations like this, then he's the most retarded villain imaginable. Which he now is.

>then he's the most retarded villain imaginable
gee thats something new

>XviD

>be so cocky that you literally let people get the most important plans in the Imperial archives off world which leads to the destruction of your greatest weapon.
He didn't see this happening. The Rebellion flagship was disabled, he had no immediate reason to believe they could escape.

Just because you saw A New Hope and already know what happens doesn't mean Vader did.

>I can't believe Anakin Skywalker would do something retarded.
Are you new to Star Wars?

i was thinking about this, i get he told him not to choke because he was choking him, but why would director choke on his aspirations' anyway? at what point has anybody ever choked on their plans?

directors aspirations' was his plan to build something the death star , when has anybody ever choked on their plans to build something? they havnt, darths only move is the choke so they shamefully forced it in

the scene only works if directors plans were to try and eat a huge meal or hold his breath for a long period of time, and then he might choke on his aspirations whilst attempting his aspirations and the pun makes sense

currently the director had no intent or aspire to hold his breath, so why would he choke?

like imagine my only ability was pushing you down a slide, if it was your plan to slide down a long slide, a pun would be if i pushed you before you done it and said "careful you dont FALL down the slide"

if your plan was to build a death star, but everyone wants to see me push you down a slide because its my only ability, and i push you down a slide whilst saying careful not to FALL DOWN THE SLIDE, it isnt a funny pun its just bullshit

It was a pretty standard action/adventure. The only thing that was great about it was the third act, wherein we see Vader rock the fuck out those poor dudes, and then of course the fact that everyone dies in the end. That, I enjoyed. Everything else was incredibly standard, typical "blockbuster" movie crap.

7/10.

Characters were forgettable but that's the point. This is a Starwars "war" movie driven by the plot.

>what is a metaphor

>my only ability is to kick you in the nuts
>you tell me its your plan to build a tree house
>i really wanna kick you in the nuts and i know I'm in a movie so i want to make a nutcracker pun so everyone watching at home will laugh
>"careful..."
>smirks
>kicks you in the balls
>"...careful you dont get KICKED IN THE BALLS while building a tree house, amirite ?? guys? audience?

not him

but "choking on your aspirations" is a phrase that could be said in a normal convo and it makes sense

nobody says "getting kicked in the balls while doing X"

Have you ever kissed a girl?

bunny/10

0/10

good flick
more solid than TFA
vader badassery

6.5/10

TFA was a 2/10

So R1 is still not a good movie, but it's the best star wars since the originals.

Rogue One/10

8/10

its a great movie but it wont be a timeless classic. only time will tell how good will it be in comparison to the other pieces in the SWCEU (star wars cinematic extended universe)

its obvious this is disneys take on the EU, taking side content seriously and giving them the respect they deserve instead of letting random nobodies make dogshit comic books. purging the old EU was a good choice because there was simply too much bad things in it for it to deserve being canonized on any level. the good works will stand out regardless of their canon status

4/10 at best

*SJW

I rewatched this movie the other day and I loved it. Especially the first half; I thought the tone, plot, and pacing really worked.