Looking at pictures of old Hollywood actresses again

>Looking at pictures of old Hollywood actresses again

Kinos for this feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kOR2f0EA8Co
youtube.com/watch?v=d6gbqugDx9E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it's a classic kino thread

I must admit, gentlemen, that I was forced to rest my hat in my lap for the duration of this talkie, so as not to make my, ahem, shame, evident.

Doesn't TCM have a subscription service? I've been without it too long.

I think so. I have it on the TV.

No, it doesnt. But it does have an excellent app which you can access from browser as well. Just need a cable login. It's now managed by the Filmstruck people. I watch it more than Netlflix/HBO, great selection of films.

They have teamed w/ Criterion for Filmstruck, and it does feature some older, classic films, but they're careful not to really play TCM films.

I can believe it. Gold Diggers of 1933 right?
2>6>4>1>5>3

She was a major qt and a spitfire too

Nora Charles may be the GOAT classic filmfu though

Wew, man.

Just actually watched her in the first Thin Man sequel on TCM app a couple days ago. Not as good as the first, but the final third or so, where Nick rounds everyone up again, is fun, as is the Charles' pillow talk.

Good to know, I'll have to give it a try.

I'll never not post Cyd Charisse in threads like these

Fuck why do these vintage pics always give me a hardon.
post more pls

Interesting, I've only seen the first which I loved, but I hear from a surprising amount of people that they like the second Thin Man more.

those thighs wew

>tfw you want to check out some audrey hepburn pic but you find out she barely ever showed her goodness goods

Faye Dunaway's character watches that movie in Bonnie and Clyde.

I heard the same, and it's not close for me, still fun, but not as iconic. Gonna try the next couple as well.

If you're a William Powell fan as well I highly recommend My Man Godfrey, really touching picture, and he's terrific.

Because they're sexy by leaving more to your imagination. Joan Blondell was pretty goddamn lewd for the time. The Pre-Code era is worth exploring
Godfrey is a classic.
>Carole Lombard
:(

Edna Purviance

Is it me or were hollywood actresses just hotter back then overall

>no tits
>no ass
>no curves
>flat body

They had faces then
See above. But really a huge part of it is the lengths studios and the actors went to cultivate an image. Glamour was vital, and the styles of the time are still so striking.

>no curves
>played by Susan "Mommy" Sarandon

Really makes you think

>vicious little hoyden

Hearing curse words in a transatlantic accent makes me feel funny
youtube.com/watch?v=kOR2f0EA8Co

They were also dumber.

Disclaimer: Marilyn Monroe supposedly had tested and got an IQ of 160 (the iq of an average physicist), however this clearly was rigged. Someone intelligent wouldn't have had 10 abortions, neither would had been involved with drugs. Lol yes she did read Ulysses - great achievement! - but anyone with an iq of around 100 can do it as well easily. Her iq couldn't be higher than 90-95 in any way.

Same reason Andy Warhol had a 86 IQ. People in the cinema business nowadays are dozens of times more intelligent than old hollywod, theres no time for being beautiful when you are smart

LOVED her. probably the only leading lady Chaplin didn't marry, too.

Pls go Joan.

Most people were dumber back then

Here's a real mystery: What happened to L E G S.

It's like once people were okay with tits in movies everyone forgot that legs are fine as hell

americucks will defend this.

You can't surgically alter legs so they can't push defects into that category like they do now.

Certainly, the average IQ back then compared to today was lower. People with an 100 IQ back then would have scored around 90 today

Not this one m8. Pretty much only "artsy" teenage girls will defend her. Leslie Caron and Shirley Maclaine were prettier and more talented gamines
It's a damn shame

Don't die on me

Name a sexier combo than jewelry and fur

why is she so perfect

based bogart

She was great in It Happened One Night.

SHE'S SO CUTE.

>tfw all these old actresses probably had giant hariy bushes

>tfw no jungle girl Claudette gf

>Wait, hang on a minute.

Just saw that movie a few nights ago. decent

>They were also dumber.

You were saying?

I just realized I've never seen a Harold Lloyd movie. I need to get on that.

Hollywood My Home Town (1965)

Exception that proves the rule.

With that said, Lamarr was GOAT

Hellfire. Thats a woman alright.

Angela Lansbury above is the smartest actress in Hollywood.

>Living link to the late British music hall
>Silver age of Hollywood star
>Realises roles are drying up, makes her own designed around a character older than she is so she can do it for as long as she wants
>Enjoyed by old people, the only people who watch TV
>Designs scripts so that the show can be syndicated to any country in the world without causing offence
>OWNS THE RIGHTS TO EVERYTHING DOWN TO THE FILM STOCK

Murder She Wrote is on the one hand a laughable lame schedule-filler but on the other the most fiendish masterplan in the history of entertainment.

> youtube.com/watch?v=d6gbqugDx9E

Goddamn, Gary Cooper was a good-looking guy, no homo
If you look into their lives, quite a few of the stars of the time were independently wealthy. Paulette Goddard and Joel McCrea to name a few were wise investors and retired fairly young.

I'm noticing how much more seriously they all take it when they flub a line. I wonder if it's just that professionalism was stronger in those days or the sheer expense of retakes.

I don't want to lower the tone but I'm beginning to see the point of old-timey language on this thread. Dames, gams, bombshells, we don't have the words today because we don't need them.

Both, the studio system was not something to fuck with
As I mentioned before, check out Pre-code cinema. It was pretty much as daring movies could get until the 60s. But with our freedom to be as explicit as we want, we definitely lose the power to suggest and tease. That's why these old photos are so much more captivating and sensual than anything nowadays

HHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGHGAAAAHHHH

Nah I think they are definitely a couple points below today's actresses

>What happened to L E G S.

I'm pretty sure the girls of today still have them