Post and explain scenes you never understood

>mfw this character never came back in the movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UyFrFMSm9ks
youtube.com/watch?v=XPx_dGhAbyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he is betty
you can tell by his effeminate mannerisms in the diner when he's explaining the dream

But how does that make any fucking sense?

>explaining something you don't understand
hmm really makes you think

some people believe this guys represent the two female protagonist, the bum/monster would be betty dark side, so male/animus betty confronting her dark side directly die/pass out, like in the end of the movie when she realise what she has done and [spolier] kill herself [/spoiler]
i donĀ“t know, it`s a popular explanation and kinda makes sense

What is the significance of casting the two men in the scene then? Is it deliberate obscurism, or is it really playing on outdated Jungian concepts like animus?

> this character never came back in the movie
Because he died of fright. What, he's gonna come back later like "boy! That hobo from my dreams behind the restaurant shure was spooky. Hyuk hyuk hyuk"

DUDE IDEALIZED HOLLYWOOD FANTASY OF ROMANCE INTRIGUE AND WEIRDNESS SHOT IN A DRAMATIC AND SOFT-LIT FUZZY WAY VERSUS THE COLD HARD REALITY OF HEARTBREAK AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY SHOT WITH EXTREME CLARITY LMAO

why does Tony Montana let the guy almost kill him with a chainsaw why didnt he just pretend he was going to give them the money to buy more time

dialogue between Kevin Spacey and Samuel L. Jackson in The Negotiator. Can't find it now, but it always confused bcause they are talking about something mundane but actually testing each others with some coded speak. Always wanted to know what those dumb sentences really meant. Maybe it was just the way they were delivered tho

But... he does come back in the movie. When the woman is in the diner finalizing the hit she sees him

dude robert forster shows up for literally 5 seconds and is never seen again

this sounds awesome

Paul Classic Dano pours some whisky and Daniel doesn't want anything other than all the water.

But Dano comes over with THREE glasses. Why three? The butler wasn't there? Why would he pour two for himself? Or two for Daniel?

>some people believe this guys represent the two female protagonist, the bum/monster would be betty dark side, so male/animus betty confronting her dark side directly die/pass o....
stopped reading. it's dumb.

That's literally what happened though

I've seen this scene countless times yet still can't comprehend all it's subtleties.

Lynch was cryptically talking about the time he got raped in North Hollywood

for god?

there's no subtleties, lynch's movies are nonsensical dreams. he has an eye for the spoopy and creepy

Since when did Lynch direct TDKR?

oh I thought you were talking about the scene in the op and using le shitnigger as a reaction image. nice trips.

the best part is that Lynch literally used to go around north hollywood dressed as a hobo monster and scare the shit out of people

The weird conversation between Lee Marvin and Norris doesn't seem to jive at all with the situation. They're talking about planing this for 5 years and it died. This is clearly about the hostages rescue operation in Teheran so why are they talking about vietnam?

4m in.
youtube.com/watch?v=UyFrFMSm9ks

Also, this. This must have been ad-lib where they must have done one shot and said that's a rap.

youtube.com/watch?v=XPx_dGhAbyI

Where can i find more obscure lynch facts?

Lynch is super into TM, I'm sure he's into Jungian psychology as well.

Did you even watch the scene? He literally says "this one's for all the niggas that aint here".

When Diane's psyche finally collapses--or rather, in the moment I would posit to be the collapse--in the restaurant where she hires a hitman to take out Rita, her unconscious mind registers the information present to her in that moment and builds her fantasy from this framework.

Betty--a waitress, Two men she's never met in some diner, and so on

well yeah, it's a great movie

Why didn't they intensify forward fire power?

lmao what ps1 game is this?

I get it now but when I was little it confused me so much, I thought she had crapped herself or something like that.

Very problematic. I can't watch this film now.

Was it when they were talking about the movie Shane and how it ended? Because if it's that one I think they were using it as a parallel to the current situation and were trying to gauge the trust of each other (I think, haven' seen that movie in a long time).

>mfw it was the force that pushed the pilot into crashing the bridge. With no survivors.

The end of no country for old men. What the hell was that monologue supposed to represent?

He felt hope because he understood the older generation does what it can to light the way forward for the next.

That's the movie. Its pretty much dreams versus reality, though I didn't get it the first time I went through. Looking back the movie even outright tells you what it's doing