Will westerns make a comeback?

Will westerns make a comeback?

Are you fucking retarded?

wrong thread

If somebody had said in the 1990s had said capekino would dominate the box office, what would you have said?

"What's capekino?"

The only reason they were ever really a thing was because they were easy to produce in classic Hollywood due to the proximity to the desert.

I dont want westerns to come back, we dont need Idris Elba as Doc Holliday

Reviving westerns just because there used to be westerns is a dumb reason to do it though.

No capes!

Hopefully not, in HD/4K you can see how fake the whole fucking set and clothes are. Old westerns looked legit.

Batman '89 was like the biggest fucking thing in the world user. People spent the first half of the 90s shaving the batman logo into their hair.

This. And we still get a few cropping up every year in one form or another, and its a breath of fresh air when they bend the genre with shit like the hateful 8 or bone tomahawk.

they never went away. There's still a fair few good westerns being made.

Where the fuck were you during the Batman boom?

I was not born

GOAT western

>dat ending
>dat mauser

I fucking hope so. I wish I had a million dollars so I could film a bunch of them

The problem is that only WB knew how to do capekino with first 2 superman in late 70s/early80s, then nothing until late 80s/early90s with Batman.

Literally just them. Now is other thing. Sadly

Fucking loved the feel of that movie. It just felt like such a hopeless place

But most of them were filmed in Spain and Morroco

What is this Capekino you speak of? All I can find is capeshit

Man that movie was boring af, even though i'm a huge fan of westerns and i'm being following Leone's work almost since i was a teen, i could even say he's one of my favorite director's and one of his films are in my top 10 and Klaus is also one of my favorite actors ( for The Wrath of God) but for fuck sake i could not stand this viceral, boring plot, uninteresting characters's movie nigga. Too munch for me, may be.

What movie is this again? I can't find a western titled "Silence"

The great silence. Don't listen to the nigga above you, it's goat

>The great silence
Thanks man

Not in today's Hollywood because killing Indians is racist also too many fucking white males.

Also neo westerns like No country for old men and hell or high water

I hope not. That way, more creative directors redefine the genre.

Fuck man, I really need to rewatch The Great Silence. Such a great movie.

Westerns were done to death.
There's no new ground to cover, and the number of widely regarded classics in the genre will force high expectations on any released causing disappointment for all viewers.

Only if the lead cowboy is a nigger who saves the town form an evil white guy whilst overcoming hostility from the locals he is trying to save thereby curing them of their own bigotry.

This is the only Western that I've seen that I really liked

it's a corbucci film you dunce

Childhood is idolizing Sergio Leone. Adulthood is realizing Hawks, Ford and Mann made more sense.