Sup Forums, how do you enjoy your scotch?

Sup Forums, how do you enjoy your scotch?

Soda mixers need not reply.

Attached: Best-Scotch-Whisky-Under-200.jpg (1087x725, 213K)

neat
splash of water if barrel proof is acceptable but not my preferred preparation

Cold and free

Neat is always the best option, in my opinion.

nice matching dubs
I agree though i drink my whiskey the way god intended it

bartender chiming in - i generally enjoy all my spirits neat but with Scotch i'll always start neat but usually halfway through i'll add a small ice cube or dash of water to experience the whole range of flavor

Mixed with a splash of lemonade

neat, chilling in front of a fire under the stars.

Attached: 1457079309091.jpg (2000x1250, 370K)

Is on the rocks nice? I've never chanced ruining my scotch by adding anything to it.

Was new to scotch and neat was the only way I liked it; also like Bushmills neat, it was a graduation from mixed drinks.

Lemonade? Interesting. How does that fare?

My friend told me to try scotch and coke one time. It was the worst form of blasphemy I had ever seen. Tasted even worse.

Surprisingly nice.

Just make sure it's a clear lemonade, not a yellow one

yeah. I recommend just a splash of water though if you're interested. lowering the temperature makes it smoother but harder to taste, water actually does allow you to taste a wider range of flavors in one sip
dilute it just enough and it gets smoother to the point where you can distinguish different notes easier

That sounds incredible. I might give it a try right now.

it's interesting, I recommend (like another user said) drinking a bit by itself then adding a bit of water so you can taste the difference
I thought it was bs until a buddy poured me a glass and added water once I drank some and it really makes a difference

I tried it just now and you were absolutely right. The range of flavors just becomes much broader.

Single Malt & Red Bull

>The sweetness of RB mixes smoothly and perfectly with the smoky, peaty taste of an Isle's Single Malt.
>And with some pickles for zakuska, it's the taste of an angel ejaculating into your mouth!

Attached: 19011_600x600.jpg (351x600, 42K)

Yup, neat or with a splash of water. Combine it with a good cigar and some of the harsher flavors will cancel out opening up even more flavors

My friend gave me a big bottle of Jamesons whiskey for my birthday. Ive only ever drank JD & Coke as a drink with any kind of whiskey.

Is what he gave me any good?? For someone to try whiskey neat, i aint bothered enough to buy a bottle of anything else.

jameo is nothing special but it's not that bad
I'd recommend mixing it but if you've got a big bottle try a glass neat and mix it if you dont like it

Whats that old joke? I like my scotch like I like my women, 12 years old and mixed up with coke?

A disgusting equivalency for a disgusting concoction.

At a minimum cost of £70 a bottle based on my reactions to whisky!

These days you can usually get water from the same source as the distillery did, and it pairs best with each scotch to open the flavor. Supposedly superior and classy as fuck, im told.
I just use distilled water when Im looking to sip and taste, but I eschew making it colder with ice.

Anyway I feel like on the day; neat, on the rocks, w/ coke or dry ginger, mixing with a nice vodka or rum.

Also OP don't be a uppity cunt. No one like a scotch snob.

Attached: images (6).jpg (554x554, 12K)

Its always amused me. But then, im easily amused when im drinking.

Neat for scotch. One ice cube for bourbon

For a singlemalt, a small ice cube

For a nasty blend - dry ginger ale

Neat but when the weather is too hot i add a small icecube ...

With coke

duly noted

I pour myself a double in a glass and add 1 Millennium Falcon ice cube, I have an ice mold tray of Star Wars and the cubes it makes are like 1/4 of a standard cube, I let it settle (melt) for a few before drinking

Attached: 1463350853318.jpg (600x400, 35K)

I Saw a guy ordering shitty whisky (cheapest bottle in night club) and mixed it with bitter Schweppes ... I never dared to try that ....

Man I can't tell if I want to hang out with you or punch you in the face. I'm so confused...

Both sound okay, no need to be confused

Neat.

Personnal favorite anons?

Mine is Rock Oyster Pretty basic

Attached: m18992_2.jpg (675x900, 144K)

Warm. Preferably slightly above room temp.

And for the love of god if it's been colored with malt sugar it goes down the drain

>blended

Attached: vomit.jpg (554x554, 40K)

Neat, my favourite:

Attached: 22FD8824-88DC-424B-A8D6-341ADCDB857E.jpg (576x1024, 41K)

Noob

For casual drinks i love oban 14 yo ...