LOST

Lost thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=45If9L0MxDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Season 3 was better than 2. Yes, 3 is infamous for having filler, but 2 had just as much filler, the only difference was it tried to mask it as something more important, whereas 3 just let some levity into the show and reminded us that they're human beings. The characters felt stagnant very quickly into season 2, because none of them have anything to do, they were unsure where to take them and that resulted repeated and slightly refurbished subplots from season 1.

Nobody is arguing that the core of season 2 isn't a more interesting hook than anything season 3 has to offer, The Hatch is unarguably the biggest and most important expansion of the lore in the entire series, nothing 3 did had that kind of weight. Thing is the hatch was almost like a burden on the show, it was too good of a hook so they had to keep it going for as long as they could and this resulted in that stagnation, and to compensate they tried to play up the subplots importance, but they never amounted to anything it was just aimless fluff.

Season 3 gives us meaningful character interactions again, like season 1 had, it feels more organic as a result. The core may not be as strong but the characters suddenly had life sprung back into them again. Nobody can watch episodes like Tricia Tanaka, Catch-22 or Greatest Hits and just think it's irredeemable filler, it may be have filler elements but it meaningfully explores character relationships and as well give character development, something severely lacking from 2 with the exception of Locke.

That's something a lot of shows lose deeper into their runs, they forget to just ... be. They get too wrapped up in plot, everything has to have a point, everything has to move to something, conversations can't just exist as an exploration of characters, it has be exposition to move things forward.

>tfw watching it for the first time and they find the hatch

My mind was destroyed when that happened, nothing on tv will ever be as exciting as waiting for that reveal of the hatch interior, and the season 2 premiere certainly didn't let down.

Claire is the sexiest woman on this show, if you disagree you're a faggot.

Claire is cute, not sexy

Watching this for the first time. Just left off on the episode where you find out Kate's son is Claire's. Jesus Christ what the fuck happened to everyone if only 6 made it out. Really enjoying the flash forwards in this season too because even though season 3 was fantastic the flashbacks were getting a little dull and tiresome.

Who /desmond/ here?

WE HAVE TO GO BACK KATE was peak Lost and it was a march to shittown afterward. Special Friend Heaven was the worst finale of a once great show until Dexter decided to become a logger.

I feel like a lot of this shows faults can be attributed to having 18-22 episode seasons.
Who the hell even does that for a 40 minute show? Of course its going to have filler and some awful characters and random plotlines
I want to see someone cut down each season to 10 episodes, I bet it would be a masterpiece

>tfw watching it for the first time and "WE HAVE TO GO BACK"

fuck that, more tv shows need longer seasons these days. I'm sick and tired of these fucking 10-13 episode seasons that every goddamn show does these days.

not Desmond's who

Only black hair Claire matters. Possibly crazy Claire. All other Claire's are peanut butta tier

The only season I feel benefited from this was the first one, I genuinely don't think it would have been better if it had half the episodes, it would have been better without "Whatever the case may be" but that's about it.

The other seasons though I totally agree.

yea

>it's a Charlie episode

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>The Constant is the best episode

What a reddit opinion, Walkabout is truly the best episode

Hey baby brotha

Fuck you, faggot. Charlie episodes are great, alright Fire+Water was shit but his other ones are good

>tfw I'm watching Fire+Water right now

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You all everybody

Charlie is one of my favorite characters on the show, he did suck in season 2 though. But season 3 Charlie is so good

Ive been re watching this for the first time in years recently. The first 3 seasons are genuinely very good, very comfy and addicting.
The 4th is okay, its where they should of ended it.

The 5th and 6th seasons are pretty bad.

>Walkabout is truly the best

I don't know about that man, it's not even Locke's best, Deus Ex Machina was a better episode

Exodus 1,2,3 are the best episodes.

>mfw everytime that plays or charlie sings it on the island

>it's a Kate walks around the jungle in a tight shirt episode

Wrong. All seasons are kino

>mfw the hatch lights up for the first time after locke hits it

>it's a Kate anything episode
she ruined the fucking show for me

>it's a Sayid can see right through everyone's bullshit episode

I want to fuck that anime girl and smell her sweaty feet!

>it's a Kate is in a tree picking fruit when Jack and Ana Lucia enter the jungle below her and immediately start having wild animal sex while Kate is forced to just watch for two hours until they're finally done episode

Why didn't John tell Jack that the island fixed his disability, especially when they were having the man of science vs man of faith argument with John trying to convince Jack that the island is special.

>it's a Charlie and Hurley bro out episode

Charlie/Hurley interactions are awesome, dude.

Trips of truth. One of my favorite scenes is when Jin is telling the two of them a ghost story in Korean.

>mfw I've been thinking about rewatching this since I last rewatched it a couple of years back

>mfw not Penny's boat

Re-watch his early flashbacks and it should be easy enough to understand why he kept that to himself.

>it's a Kate trails along behind anybody unbeknownst to them, and despite their telling her not to, too, episode

>It's a woman character contributes nothing to the group and only ends up being a nuisance episode

>latest rewatch of LOST was 6 months ago
>yesterday got the craving to watch it all over again

>you gotta make your own kind of music
>siiiiing your own special song
>make your own kind of music
>even
>if
>nobody
>else
>sings alooooong

I was so happy when Charlie died

>it's a Sawyer gets everyone else to hate him again by raping Claire right in front of her baby while Charlie is tied down and gagged

I thought that was going a little too far, but WHO ELSE BUT SAWYER!

delete this

idk how yall think the ending was bad I mean what did you expect its not a science movie theres fantasy shiet in it
Are the first few seasons better? I mean yes
Does that change the show from being the GOAT literal 10/10? no

Claire is sexy because she's prime breeding material. She had a baby on the island when nobody else could. I would impregnate her annually on the island.

>It's a Kate episode
Now that's true horror

Juliet, did I ever tell you I'm 24 years old?

>season 2 intro
>everything looks from 70-80's
>must be a flashback
>SHTF
>pan to jack and locke looking down in the hatch

GOAT REVEAL

>SAYYVEEE MUHH BAYBEE CHAWLEE

That fucking voice, though...

>Kate steps out of the car
>"Wait, what the fuck, they knew each other this whole time? What? How?"
>"Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

This can never ever be topped.

>it's a Claire episode

At least Kate flashbacks have some action.

>It's a Lapidus episode

Really cant, LOST deserves shit for many reasons but that entire arch was a genuine masterpiece.

Claire had three episodes and they were all good.

Through the looking glass is the best episode

probably rewatching for the third time soon

jumped the shark in s5
not s4 cause even though it was short due to the strike each episode was so intense that i'm wondering why everyone's forgetting it has two of the top 5 episode of the whole fucking show - the constant and the shape of all things to come.
as for the seasons rank - s1 is simply the best bunch of episodes television ever produced, s2=s3 cause the hatch storyline as well as the 'others' menace are brilliant in the second one and the final 4 hours of the third easily make you forget the awfullness of the flashbacks and the cages shit (which I surprisingly enjoyed during the rewatch). then s4, s5 (where most of the plot elements are rushed, even that '3 years later' element in lafleur is a little dissapointing, not mentioning the life and death of jeremy bentham where the pace is so high you can't enjoy what could have been the best hour of the show) and finally s6, basically obnoxious, but nevertheless the last shots of 'the end' were the only ones that ever made me shed a tear while watching something. a phenomenal way to finish the best tv-series of all time

>only three

Thank Christ. I'm only talking about flashbacks btw.

>you will never watch L O S T for the first time, again.

I was lucky enough to miss out on it as the episodes were released, watched the whole thing in one weekend, happiest weekend of my life.

They were okay. First we learned why she was on the plane, then what happened when she was abducted by Ethan and finally how she was Jack's sister. A lot better than much of Jack and Kate's stuff.

love 'raised by another'. a lot of spooky stuff, hell lot of mythology and that awesome final where both said and hugo tell jack at the same time that they were not alone. mapother is a brilliant casting choice too, his look made me shit my pants watching it as a child

IF YOU DO NOT STOP FOLLOWING ME, I WILL KILL ONE OF THEM.

What was it about this show that turned it into such a massive cultural phenomenon? I remember the hype about the finale, it was fucking insane. Was it the timing? There had been no shows like it before

It was just a great fucking show

>It's a Sawyer's troubled past episode

Just pooping in to say that The Leftovers is everything that Lindelof wanted Lost to be, and more.

Seriously if you liked Lost watch the Leftovers

>I've done everything you wanted me to do!
>SO WHY
>DID YOU DO THIS
>TO ME?

People were mad at the ending purely because they'd said for years they knew how to tie it all up in a neat little bow.

But clearly they lied.

>it's a Jack and Locke argue like a married couple, and Locke wins, episode

>it's a Kate episode

No dude, no. If you didn't watch it as it aired you did not experience L O S T

If you didn't sit there saying "what the fuck?" while that creepy music played, knowing you'd have to wait for the next episode you didn't experience it.

It was kino on Sup Forums before Sup Forums knew kino existed.

How about some feels?

youtube.com/watch?v=45If9L0MxDI

It was a series about a diverse cast of characters on a mysterious island that drip fed you their backstories as well as what the fuck the island was every episode. The show was ripe for reveals that would blow an audience away and bring them back again and again.

Lost was a ride, rather than a show I'd actually recommend. But it was one hell of a ride.

I feel sad I couldn't have experienced it, still, I'm sure there was just as much rage, even back then when a lot of us were but babs.

One day this is going to fuck me up even more than it does now, it's a day I look forward too and dread.

Why locke's father is 8 years older than him?

fuck I really want to rewatch but I haven't forgotten enough.
is it even worth watching beyond season 3?

3=1>2>5>4>6

Prove me wrong.

That said, I love each and every season, including The finale which is KINO and only plebeians think it's bad

>they weren't actually in Purgatory the whole time
>implying anyone could survive a plane crash in which the plane breaks apart mid-air

fucking shitty premise tbqfh
hurr durr the island is the only and mostest magical place on the planet
Abrams is a fucking hack who just HAD to keep cramming ideas into one show
and this whole "what a great ride" bullshit you're spinning here, I've got two words: learn to fucking write, because if the best thing you can say about the show is that it was a good experience to watch every week, then it ain't all that great

Abrams had little to no creative input or control of the show past the pilot faggot, try again. All you've proven is that you don't even know who the showrunners were, and your purgatory nonsense has been BTFO thousands of times already.

The show was well written too, fight me. You literally have no argument.

AH CRASHED YUIR PLANE, BROTHA!

Was the entire Dharma Initiative story filler?

well, whoever wrote this shit, they're hacks, going off a hack pilot
the whole series reads like a good Dean Koontz novel, only much more tedious, which isn't exactly a compliment
the dialogue is laughably predictable as well
LOST's only redeeming quality is the characters, but even the meaningfulness of their stories is blown away by the whole "candidates" bullshit
it went from "survivors of a plane crash on a weird jungle island that doesn't make sense but hey fuck it" to "all the characters with flashbacks are special, chosen to fulfill the mythological equivalent of the Hunger Games, within the context of a mythology that hardly makes any sense lol"
at the end, the only thing remotely interesting about the show was the revelation of the conflict between the Others and Dharma

LOST is basically a textbook example of how you run a good show into the fucking ground and absolutely ruin the good parts in retrospect

R-remember me?