So this was fucking great

so this was fucking great

are any of his other movies worth watching? or evangelion i guess?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WoLkrtbyAlA
mega.nz/#!Ic1yFQJR!_2rn7Ka6cEHoILxDHZ6uq4mUyNijOO-RPmuwqIlQIBs
youtu.be/eh0qbJAQhgk
youtube.com/watch?v=PCVg49Ff9m4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The original. The vs. Mechagodzilla ones, Biollante, King Ghidorah and that's about it.

Watch NGE.

The other Godzilla movies are kinda different.

Oh you meant Anno's movies.

I thought Neon Genesis was fucking brilliant, but objectively it's either a hit-or-miss show depending on your taste. Rebuilds are more mainstream and modernized if you're into that but I would definitely recommend NGE over ROE.

The closest Godzilla movie you'll find to Shin, tonally, is the old school Gojira (1954) or even the American counterpart King of the Monsters. However as a fan of Godzilla in general my favorite movies from most serious to cheesiest are Shin Godzilla, 1954, 2014, GMK, 2000, vs. Destroyah, vs. Biollante, and Final Wars

Anno? Evangelion for sure since it's where he really came into his own.

I'd also recommend Nadia, but it's got a considerably different tone from his later work. Be sure to watch subbed. I'm a dub guy, but the dub for Nadia's just awful.

yeah i meant more movies by this director

If you really haven't seen Evangelion get the fuck out of here

and if i have, what other movies of his are worth watching?

was i the only one who laughed at this part?

fucking shit was comedy gold

Yes, all his movies are worth watching, particularly Destroy All Monsters.

Oh wait, you mean the director, odd beard man. Kek, I dunno

the whole movie was comic

Imagine having so little sense of your own mortality that you watch all eighty literal years of Evangelion. Imagine what you'd be like. Wow.

Love & Pop and Shiki Jitsu were his first two live action movies. Love & Pop is about the life of a teenage hooker and Shiki Jitsu is an arthouse thing about a director meeting some weird chick.

Then there's Cutie Honey, which is basically a live action Magical Girl anime. Never bothered with it since I hate magical girl shit.

Shin Godzilla is his fourth live action film.

i can read wikipedia
are they actually any good?

see
Depends on what you think is worth watching.

The whole movie was hilarious. When critics called it confusing I was legitimately concerned about the average intelligence of a film critic. That shit was supposed to parody Japan's convoluted politics, and Anno fucking nailed it. I loved when the PM was swapping meeting rooms in rapid succession.

Anything involving the scientists and their "simple diagrams" was also great.

Not really
Why don't you see for yourself fag

well the whole point of this was asking if any of the director's other films were good

Depends on your taste, asshole. His first two movies worked for what they were. I'm gonna say no to cutie honey. Looks like shit.

thanks for your expert opinion on a movie you haven't even seen

youtube.com/watch?v=WoLkrtbyAlA

If you can't form opinions on your own, I'd suggest another board.

It sucked and was really boring. Don't get all the praise.

don't be butthurt that you wanted to act like an expert on something you haven't even seen

it's perfectly reasonable to ask people if they've seen something if it's worth watching

I gave you suggestions of what I had seen and told you to skip a shitty sailor moon movie because of its shit reception and ugly aesthetics. If you want an article, go find one.

Gunbuster is good-ish
Eva is his Magnum Opus
Love & Pop is fantastic
Kare Kanno is great too
Shiki Jitsu is pretty good

you offered nothing more than an article
i was looking for opinions of people who have seen his movies

this guy
seems like what i wanted

My favorite Godzilla movie was always vs. Hedorah, ever since I was a kid. It was essentially just one long anti-pollution advertisement and was interspersed with these weird animated drawing segments. Really weird movie. Anybody else like this one?

I gave you opinions of what I'd seen and suggested you stay away from what was universally panned. You don't like it, that's your choice. I'm doing you a favor replying to you, as is everyone else in this thread.

> That lack of Mothra vs Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Monster Zero. All are objectively better than MechaGodzilla.

Pleb

Holy shit, are you me? That's almost exactly my list.

watch Love & Pop - pretty sure the whole thing is available on youtube - he made it right around the same time as EoE - it's pretty comfy

>so this was fucking great
kill yourself

best godzilla guide coming through

Gunbuster starts off like a parody and can be a dread to watch, but the last 2-3 episodes are pure kino, holy shit.

Eva and the End of Eva movie are great, many things have been said about it, so just watch a nice Blu Ray rip.

Love and Pop is Anno at his best, feels similar to depressing parts of Eva, crazy handycam camera work and a bunch of fucking great performances. It's a very simple plot, but told in a great way, niiice movie.

Shiki Jitsu is, I don't know. I can give you a MEGA link to it: mega.nz/#!Ic1yFQJR!_2rn7Ka6cEHoILxDHZ6uq4mUyNijOO-RPmuwqIlQIBs
It's got comfiness, it's shot in Anno's hometown (the same you can see here: youtu.be/eh0qbJAQhgk ) and Ayako Fujitani in 100 various hair styles and hair colours, very cute girl. I felt Love and Pop was better, though.

Cutie Honey is literally magical girl anime with real actors. The first 12 minutes or so are the best part.

Evangelion Rebuilds are good for dumb action fun and the shitposting.

Watched Gantz:0 last night after enjoying this. Pretty good would recommend.

youtube.com/watch?v=PCVg49Ff9m4
What do you guys think of this? Is it Anno's best live-action work?

I haven't seen Kare Kano because I can't be bothered to watch it but I agree with the rest.
Eva + Love & Pop was his peak.

Return of Godzilla should only be considered

Godzilla vs Mothra (1992) should be skipped

Godzilla 2000 should be recommend

Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla can be skipped

Should I watch these films dubbed or subbed?

Fullheartedly recommend checking out Evangelion. It's one of those things everyone should watch. The film End of Evangelion is easily one of my favourite films ever, but you definitely need to have seen the show to get the most out of it.

Eva is the only thing he's done that's been dubbed to my knowledge. The protagonist's English voice is awful and the rest aren't great, so I can only recommend watching it subbed but obviously I don't speak Japanese and I can't really speak to the quality of the original voices

I don't think most of them are dubbed.

I was actually interested in the politics as it was written interesting and it was delivered quickly. Not too mention the atomic breath scene was fucking great.