Red Letter Media

Thoughts on the new re:View?

youtube.com/watch?v=NUPJBL1nGW4

They're given $16,000.00 a month in free money yet still pull this shit? Whether this was a joke or not, ironic product placement is still product placement.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NAalGQ5LSpA
youtube.com/watch?v=fC7PEQnjKl4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>getting paid for your work
>free money

shitpost harder

It's not actual product placement if they're not getting paid by the company that makes the product.

Why are you faggots so desperate to find shit to bitch about when it comes to RLM? They just chug along making their content, doing whatever they want, and you obsessive autistic permavirgins will find the most random thing to get hung up on and try to make a big deal out of.

>Aidsmoby
No thanks.

>$16,000.00 a month in free money
You really have no understanding of how the world works, do you?

It's good. I like it. No Mike and Jay, but I still liked it.

I donate to their patreon. They make content I enjoy and I financially incentivise them to continue to do so
Are you jealous you have no talent I'd even give a cent to?

This product placement is definetly ironic and is an antic to be expected from them. idk what you're on about

Nope you're not allowed to have that opinion here. You have to autistically fixate on how much you hate AIDSmoby or make up some completely false behind the scenes drama.

shit review in all honesty.

>posting in a literal shill thread

It's a joke you fucking autist. Do you get mad at Wayne's World too?!

They even go out of the way to say other franchises would more likely win a fast food war.

>ironic product placement is still product placement

It actually isn't. If Taco Bell isn't a sponsor, then Taco Bell isn't paying them. You're legally capable of namedropping whatever business name you want. If anything they're losing potential money. They're definitely not getting free cash.

Like the classic sequence in Wayne's World, it's both ironic and real product placement.

I agree, but I don't blame them. I think anyone who donates to a Patreon deserves to be sent used toilet paper. If people can't earn a living from their art in the real marketplace, they should either be prepared to subsidize it or else give up and stick to their real jobs, not get shut-ins to PayPal them a dole from their NEETbux.

>Reddit Letter Memeia

I'M REALLY MAD AT THE OP BUT NONE OF THE REPLIES ARE INTERESTING ENOUGH FOR ME TO REPLY TO

Yeah like that da Vinci faggot, had to have a patron pay everything for him instead of conquering the free market, what a loser

>it's both ironic and real product placement.
Unless Taco Bell literally paid RLM to have their name and products featured in the video, then no it is not real product placement.

As in that film, it's also not a joke. You remember how in Looney Toons: Back in Action, they do a whole bitter joke about the WalMart plugs that they still had to include?

>They're definitely not getting free cash.

If you're sure, then that's cool. I don't know how you're sure, though.

Oh, do fuck off, this stuff is worthless manchild drivel and you know it. Fine artists have patrons, yes, sometimes (though that is much less the case in the 21st century - they have buyers, like anyone else). Capeshit isn't that kind of art. Manchildren talking about capeshit certainly isn't that kind of art - it's objectively beneath the level of those girls who masturbate in perspex booths at sex stores.

It's perfectly possible that they did. RLM are among the most organized vlog guys, and we already know that the less elaborate producers have payola going on.

Someone's butthurt that other people are doing for a living what you do on Sup Forums for free.

>Not understanding that they've had paid placement since the Plinkett Pizza Rolls thing

>muh art
I never said it was art, the concept is the same though except patreon is lots of people funding peoples work whereas patrons were usually single persons

Just because you don't think it's worth it means nothing when there are plenty of people who do

You're pretty fucking dumb if you honestly believe Taco Bell paid a small time internet review channel money to feature their product.

Yes I'm sure Totinos gave RLM big bucks to have their product endorsed by a serial killer rapist.

>I don't know how you're sure, though.
Because Taco Bell isn't a sponsor.

Who fucking cares regardless, their shows are entertaining.

>they'd never do weird ad for Pizza Rolls! You Hater!

youtube.com/watch?v=NAalGQ5LSpA

So they're advertising but for free. Wow that's great that makes me feel so much better about watching this 30 minute Taco Bell review.

Is there any mention of rape in that ad? Is the product endorsed by a serial killer that fucks his cat?

>demolition man
>re:view
Yay!

>aidsmoby
No!

Why are RLM shills so defensive

they autistically screech and start attacking people the moment someone doesn't worship their fake friends

>So they're advertising but for free
No they're making a joke about the blatant product placement in the film that they're reviewing. But thanks for continuing to be willfully autistic in order to look like you're making a point.

Please provide proof that Taco Bell paid RLM.

These guys are so fucking lame and bland

RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, Sup Forums, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely and pathetic road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

>taco bell shit more well known than 3 seashells
how about no you fucking balds

>They're given $16,000.00 a month in free money
>free money
>just because the watchers directly pay them instead of jewsh ad business
heh schlomo

Sure, as a joke. They're making fun of product placement in general. Either they waste time making up some bullshit product with a bullshit logo for free, or they can used an already established one. Less effort for the same goal.

What about the Kodak Printer Challenge? These guys have been on the take for the better part of a decade

I'm actually staring to get annoyed with everything Rich says.
>I really like the sci-fi universe this World built. But it's wrapped around a dumb action movie.
He can never just like something always find an issue.

oh look, it's Jack

Not at all, I don't watch any of the movies that manchildren would pay to hear chat about. I would rather crawl through feces than watch Marvel movies.

Yes, you compared RLM to Leonardo.

Who was an arito

He's worse on PreRec.

Yeah that also.

Yeah fuck him for not unabashedly praising something without a critical eye.

That Pizza Hut thing is pretty fucking wild, honestly.

It's mildly interesting at best. Wild? How is it wild?

Reddit Leddit Memeia

It's badical.

My "review" of Reddit Letter Media

>posting in a friend simulator thread
>idolizing an aging group of youtube vloggers from Milwaukee
>he gives his real-life "friends" money every month

Rich
>an unemployed construction worker, the trick monkey fraud of the group. knows two tricks: forced laughter and becoming violent. brava, rich! brava!

Jack
>a failed viral marketer with an ugly wife and children with terrible names ('myson packard?'). he knows he's the least popular cast member and desperately tries to fit in by making fun of reddit on stream

Mike
>an over-the-hill "director" weighed down by his talentless friends. only makes "ironically bad" videos because they're immune to criticism. his latest production 'Space Cop' hasl exposed him as a fraud and proved a spiritual and economic disaster. he will eventually go the route of orson welles, balloon up to 500 pounds and die at the ripe age of 50.

Jesse
>the curdling definition of a parasite. ditters on her phone while the men do all the hard work. got caught buying jewelry with actual Patreon money.

Jay
>the only cast member showing any self-improvement or growth. still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown RLM.

I like how Reddit Letter Media is a company founded upon criticism, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from their stream if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy the group has become. They were better when they were a starving group. Now they can sit on their fat asses, drink beer and make fart jokes while you throw money at the screen. Amazing.

This was the second best re:View after the one with Blade on it.

Welles died at 70, and was Unicron. Mike will never approach that achievement. The rest of your descriptions are absolutely dead on.

>mfw not a single RLM fanboy KEK has successfully refuted this airtight "review", especially not the last paragraph.

How the fuck did they not pick up on the Pizza Hut thing earlier? Every time they say taco bell they should've overdubbed in pizza hut like in the movie.

>He can never just like something always find an issue.
Yeah, it's like a walking, talking Sup Forums poster.
I love it.

You've been posting this same retarded pasta for literally five years now and you've never bothered to correct the misspelling of Jessi's name.

On that note, why is Jessi even included? She hasn't been in a video in almost three years.

>She hasn't been in a video in almost three years
What happened to her, Sup Forums?

Nobody is this dense.

You never make pasta smaller. You add shit, if anything.

It's almost as if he were being paid to practice film criticism.

I don't think you can do real criticism within the friendship simulator genre, but still, getting annoyed with him doing his alleged job... still, it's your money, probably.

I unabashedly loved this episode. Fuck the contrarians!

>Why are you faggots so desperate to find shit to bitch about when it comes to RLM?
Maybe you should stop defending your shilling Mike.
Very cool.

Ah ah dude, I am so smart because I watch the detached cynical guys making videos ah ah

She stopped appearing in videos.

They only did this episode because Stallone is in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

This reply never fails to make me laugh.

I imagine patreon takes a cut out of that anyway.

Laughing at your own pasta is a sign of autism.

>my
>pasta

This guy knows what's up.

this
they are basically the rick and morty of youtube reviewers

what's that? your heartbeat is elevated everytime you read this "review"? you must respond to it each time even though you are so above its repetitive nature? with zero evidence for your baseless claims of samefaggotry? and you are still unable to refute any of the points raised so you must resort to ad hominems?

>mfw

It's a joke, but it's also perfectly possible that they got paid. Those makeup vlog girls get sent free MAC in return for reviews.

This is cyclic logic. How do we know that?

small time

1. Brands are aware of social media now.

2. RLM aren't small time, they're about the biggest in their genre.

why would a small time internet review channel shill themselves on an obscure Tibetian basket weaving forum?

Great post.

I don't know, I bet they wish we didn't know about them. Jessi would probably still be on the show.

>implying that wasn't reddit
>implying tv accomplishes anything

This was great. Jack is underrated.

Just because you're a low energy contributor, dude. Don't be hating on Sup Forums mang.

>I've met thousands just like them
I'm really sure you get out of your mom's basement.

Shit, and I was expecting for you to point out they're exactly the same thing.

Now I find out I'm "low energy". God damn.

youtube.com/watch?v=fC7PEQnjKl4
Title related.

>a spiritual and economic disaster
It wasn't either of these things. What are you even babbling on about?

Please, please, I beg you, with tears in my fucking eyes, user..

PLEASE STOP POSTING THIS

>Sup Forumseddit literally defends the people that made Space Cop
>while acting as "patricians" and above Adam Sandlers fans
>b-b-ut it was ironic! you don't get it!

Stop posting my likeness on this web forum. You should be receiving a cease and desist letter from your ISP any day now.

You have been warned.

- Channing Tatem

>hasl
invalidated

That's Douge Walker being passive aggressive. We let him stay because we're sorry for him.

>why do people oppose it when I autistically gatepost about the people who I could just ignore

Why are you even here? You know what you are doing, then you question why people think you are an asshole

o-ok user

Hahahaha, nice almost-goatee, cockbreath.

Mike doesn't even know you exist.

Do you realize that? Do you comprehend? Yet you sit here on your computer 8 hours a day, patrolling these /rlm/ generals to aggressively defend them.

They're not your friends. Stop it.

Because both are supported by patronage of some kind, are you being autistic on purpose or is this your natural state?

I love it. Wow, this show keeps getting better. Great job, guys!

>hateposting intensifies

Dude, you compared them qualitively. We saw ya. You said that Mike was literally another Leonardo to you. Then you fappt.

>gatepost
what did he mean by this

When did I compare their quality?

will RLM go to star wars celebration?