What would you change?

What would you change?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/viOpP6P_PrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the script. forgettable garbage.

It was shit and I didn't see it

Welcome to TV

I'd have liked to see the cocky reaper guy get chopped to fuck, his death was a bit too x men.

>ya gotta help us hop another border esse the Tumpeze is gonna nab us!

logan's clone

Absolutely nothing. Except maybe give Richard E. Grant more screentime

Spotted the pleb

Remember that scene where Xavier's having an attack in Vegas, and he's freezing all the mercenary dudes surrounding him? So Logan crawls in, and individually snikts each dude before hitting Xavier with the medicine. But each Reaver he snikts remains standing, even though he clearly went through their brain. My problem is this: telepathy doesn't fucking keep dead people aloft in the air, and Xavier isn't a telekinetic. That scene was stupid as fuck.

Not make the future of Mutantkind be a bunch of Mexicans.

change the hitting the car out of anger scene into something more sad

it should have been cyclops! Way cooler fight and fits the whole "Past aggression" theme

He was using telepathy to talk to the atoms around them to stand still, obviously.

>Using bro science on a film with superheros and magic powers

Spotted the autist

Basically everything past the part where they go to fix the water pipe onwards, the tone/pace change was so unwanted

remove all the kids except for laura, make them shoot x24 at the farm, don't know what would i do with the final act though

But they've established that Xavier does this freeze people thing often. Like the mall scene in X1

Add the good version of Deadpool from X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

>Spotted the pleb

Oh yes because Logan was full of deep meaningful themes and didn't turn into a complete schlock fest for the final act

more military, seeing wolvy cut thru a tank would have been awesome

it was an imperfect goodbye to an imperfect character in an imperfect franchise.
somehow it all adds up perfectly. change nothing.

only 2 things:

1.get rid of the girl suddenly becoming all "muh daddy" at the end.

2.make it more obvious what Charles did accidentally to the other X-men. I had to read up on it after watching the movie.

>Charles did accidentally to the other X-men
did what?

I don't think that autist is debating that. He's beef is that he freezes people by taking control of their mind, and the mercs in the hotel had no mind after wolverine stabbed them in the head so they should technically just fall down.

I thought it was pretty clear in the movie. He killed all the xmen at the mansion with a seizure. Logan was the only one capable of surviving it.

1. Explain exactly what the fuck crossing the border accomplishes. This is a company driving fucking APCs through woods to murder small children somehow I don't think state/country lines would do a very good job of stopping them I mean they didn't really seem to be too concerned with that whole 'law' thing in the first place.

2. The ending felt a bit too sudden. I get why they went with it given the film revolved around Logan but they introduced all these stupid kids and we have no idea what the fuck happens to them. A little bit more closure would have been nice.

3. If you're gonna give clone Wolvie fucking mutton chops why not just have made him Sabretooth?

4. And for people like me who haven't watched Apacalisp, a recap of the events in it at the start would have been nice. It wasn't that hard to follow but it would have been nice if I knew who the fuck Caliban was or why everyone else was kill.

I liked the movie so most of these gripes are minor.

Maybe his telepathy is so powerful he can control people's nervous systems independent of the brain, when it comes to making muscles contract and shit. Or it could be an involuntary effect of the seizure, tapping into power Charles couldn't normally use. Or it's all made up so just make it look cool?

What the fuck happened to all the other mutants then? You've got Deadpool, the Brotherhood and countless unaffiliated muties out there still running around.

You didn't get it

food poisoning, they said it in the movie

The government classified Charles a weapon of mass destruction after the incident,

Suddenly the worlds biggest pro mutant activist just became a wmd

It's not hard to assume the other mutants were hunted down whilst they were on the run and killed

1. an organization that can't operate in the US is waiting for them in canada?
2.we do know what happens to them, they make it to that comic book place
3.he didn't have sabretooth mutton chops, he had the classic wolverine facial hair with a buzzcut
4.the events of apocalypse have no influence whatsoever on Logan. Everything you need to know abotu caliban is explain in logan.

Apocalypse is irrelevant, Caliban had a tiny part in it, played completely differently by a different actor.

they imlpied waht happened. Not gonna hold your hand, but with a bit of googling you can have someone spell it out to you like the retard you are.

Get rid of all "non-white = good; white = bad" bullshit they had. Cast a qt instead of the gypsy troll for the girl.

X-24
Given the Reavers a bit more personality.
Older Laura

>Get rid of all "non-white = good; white = bad" bullshit they had.
>dat projection
wew laddy

And he does that shit in X2 as well. He just does it whenever the fuck he wants huh? What a piece of shit, just freezes rooms of people whenever he wants, messes with minds and memories if it suits him, this guy is a fucking menace!

Seriously, if you lived in a world with Charles Xavier, wouldn't you want him dead asap? The dude has horrifying god powers and uses them whenever he wants to, even though he himself is still just a flawed chimp.

>Remove Gabriella/iPhone exposition completely
>Remove Generic Science Man Antagonist, the Company can stay
>Remove Eden/The Kids are discovered to be already dead, leads in to Logan & Laura vs. X-24 & Donald
>Caliban's gambit should have been the act that causes Donald to lose his arm
>Expand on The Reavers, have Donald be the Main Antagonist and establish him; Either follow the books and make him hardcore anti-mutant, or make him a dedicated jobber, not some ambiguous half-ass

As it stands it's just another mixed bag. Every movie from this franchise has some of the best scenes in the genre, but as overall films they suck. This is no exception, the drama and acting are just better, not to mention it already gets free points for being a send off to 17 year old characters.

The film does not work as a standalone, and everything about it that IS standalone (The overarching storyline) is completely garbage. If this gets nominated for anything, I'll be fuckin' shocked.

Crossing the border achieves nothing. Logan was right the nurse literally made it up

The point was getting the children away from the scientists, she did the only thing she could think of, crossing a border. Probably intentional she was Mexican as well.

>even though he himself is still just a flawed chimp.

wasn't clear at all to me. Its not mentioned, just implied that a similar incident happened years ago with the x-men

Wow, it's incredible how stupid people can be.

nothing

we finally got capekino and now i can no longer watch capeshit cause its not gonna be better than logan

it literally gets brought up at least 3 times and his dying words essentially spell it out for you. After all that, it stops being implied and becomes explicit.

user the three main characters were white people

make the ending more intimate, less xmen cliche of military baddies picking up kids. Keep the clone (because of its symbolism and theme) as a last resource after all contractors are killed in the hotel.

Also Logan lives. Of course he'd die for the little girl, it's almost cliche in these stories (Logan already was ready to die for Rogue in X1). That's easy for him, he pretty much wants to die. The challenge would him be a guy who could appreciate a cute daughter and live with her

Have Logan and Laura's relationship not get so rushed near the end.
Not have the other kids in it.
Not have Donald take a back seat after a certain point. I really liked that the villain for this gritty, last hurrah for Wolverine was just a guy. He can still use X-24 but he should have stayed a bigger presence.
Oh and no Stephen Merchant.

also take out the part where Laura drives him (Logan's useless), remove the kids

and make Laura more like the mad max 2 kid. We dont need the "she's a badass" stuff, just a borderline autistic little wolverine who needs care

nothing, I loved the movie. fuck off

They say 8 x-men died in the incident.

>1. an organization that can't operate in the US is waiting for them in canada?

Assume the children had made it across the border before murdering all of their pursuers. What would the company have done? Just given up? Somehow I doubt that.

>2. they make it to that comic book place

The one that's repeatedly stated doesn't actually exist? All we know for sure is that a bunch of Mexican mutant children are left wandering through the woods. These are kids who've been experimented on their entire lives, most (if not all) who have no idea how to act normal. (see: X-23 and the gas station). There's no adults left to help them it's kinda hard to imagine they'd be able to reintegrate into normal society that easily.

>4. Everything you need to know abotu caliban is explain in logan.

The problem is Caliban isn't a name brand mutant. Most people (especially those who haven't seen Armorgettin) are gonna have no idea who the hell he is. A little bit of backstory would have been nice.

'Poochie died on the way back to his home planet' works slightly less when you replace 'Poochie' with 'God knows how many superpowered individuals, most of whom are experts at surviving being hunted down because that's what 90% of their fucking story arcs are'. You can imply all the other mutants are dead all you want but that doesn't mean people are gonna buy it. If you're legitimately retarded enough to believe that fucking Magneto just died offscreen then I've got some magic beans I can sell you that I think you'll love.

Fuck you. The wolverine clone was the only stupid part of this whole movie. Otherwise, it was flawless.

1.doesn't matter, the people in the company invested in tracking them down were dead
2.we don't know if it exists or doesn't, either way, they went there...or they didn't. They're free.
4.you don't need to know. And again, you could have watched apocalypse and you would still be in the same situation because they say even less about him in that movie.

>A little bit of backstory would have been nice.
it's not necessary, i didnt even remember him from the comics, he was basically a new character for a new film. It was fine and explained enough.

>What would the company have done? Just given up? Somehow I doubt that.
true, doubtful the company who works in mexico and the us wouldnt have any pull in canada. Also I barely understood their real motivations.

>If you're legitimately retarded enough to believe that fucking Magneto just died offscreen then I've got some magic beans I can sell you that I think you'll love.
you can believe all you want, that's what the movie presented for you. If you want to ignore it and create you own retarded headcannon have at it. Magneto was 100% dead in the movie. If you want to believe that he was off somewhere living a happy gay life fucking some mutant twink, have fun with that.

not him but it was fine in light of the movie's theme. It was basically superheroics symbolism as Logan's shadow and the ultimate vision of what he is without the things Charles talks about

it was just badly handled

the film was pure kino.

People should deal with their depression before they critique art.

only thing i would change was the final fight against the soldiers. should have been like the first fight scene instead of a typical action movie sequence

>Assume the children had made it across the border before murdering all of their pursuers. What would the company have done? Just given up? Somehow I doubt that.
their nuclear option was sending x24 out for them. He, his handler and the merc were all dead. It would be a while before the company even found out they got away, and they would have no clue which way they were headed. If you need a movie to spell that much out for you and give you even more story that isn't necessary, maybe movie watching is something you should stop doing.

>Legendary supervillain whose been around for 60-70ish years and in the Ultimate universe Holocausted everything
>Dead

kys yourself, retard-kun

ah got it, you can't capeshit movies from comics...you're one of those retards. Again, create whatever retarded headcanon you want.

>adamantium bullet is the dumbest part of origins
>let's bring it back, only this time have it completely obliterate an adimantium skull instead of just causing memory loss

better kid actors.

But that's not my point, dipshit. My point is what was their backup plan had they failed to eliminate all their pursuers? Once the children crossed that line all the soldiers were just gonna stop shooting at them and turn around and head home, huh. I mean sureeeee these guys unleashed the killclone upon a bunch of rednecks and a black family and murdered some poor innocent gas station attendant but border crossing is where they draw the line. Yeah, that's definitely fucking plausible.

>My point is what was their backup plan had they failed to eliminate all their pursuers?
my point is who cares. We saw what happened in the movie so why bother with what ifs? All the soldiers chasing after them got killed. They got to the border. What else do you need to know? Why does your autism require more than that? They got away and lived happily ever after. Fin.

if the kids made it to the border and beyond, they would keep pursuing them until they got them, but it never came to that...so what the fuck is your point?

Hey dipshit-kun I know this is gonna shock you but capeshit films... wait for it... draw... wait for itttt.... inspiration... here it comes... from the comics!

So when you take Magneto - one of the most powerful and popular supervillains of all time - and then tell people 'he died off-camera lol' then maybe, just mayyyybbbeeeeee, they're gonna find that hard to believe.

I know it's hard for you to wrap your tiny little head around this but just because something is implied doesn't make it true. Like you can imply you aren't a complete retard all you like but that doesn't stop you from breathing through your mouth, does it?

not him, but movies dont work for your tiny demographics. They work by themselves not with extended knowledge of lore. A lot of the reason why things like X1 are terrible it's because it plays on fanboy shit like "wow sabertooth and wolverine fighting" instead of the stuff that works

is why you couldnt make "and then mysterio made wolverine kill everyone" because people would go "who the fuck is mysterio"

a. the movie is called logan, not magneto. Only autistic retards like you expect him to be in it
b. the movies rape the comics every chance they get, but if you want to be a retard who wants to use comics to defend the movies, have at it retard
and when a movie implies something to establish a setting and doesn't go back to question it, it's essentially in movie universe fact
If magneto was alive, he would be with charles, but even then, it doesn't matter if he was alive or dead, he's irrelevant to the story. For all intents and purposes, according to the movie, he was dead. Off screen. Doesn't matter what your stupid comic books say.

I'm a Sup Forums guy for sure but i can never understand why die hard comic fans get so completely insane when something is different.

It's like we've never heard of alternate universes and elseworlds where things are different. Pretty sure theres one universe where everyone is a monkey.

If monkey magneto showed up in Logan would you freak out too? But why? He's from the comics.

Different universe different rules

Magneto has been around since fucking X1 too. They've already repeatedly established he's just as unstoppable as he is in the fucking comics, even without any knowledge of his character outside the films it's still pretty fucking stupid to expect people to just buy his death off-screen.

Logan is still part of the entire film franchise you moron. They just fucking killed Ian Mckellan off-screen and he's never going to appear again this is what you legitimately believe. Imagine if instead of killing Superman at the end of BvS they just had him die offscreen between it and JL are you honestly thick enough to think people would just accept that?

I think it's really cute that you expect strict continuity in the xmen cinematic universe and you loudly call others morons.

The movie established that pretty much all mutants are dead. They didn't put any effort into saying magneto was alive (because it was completely irrelevant to the story) so as far as the movie is concerned, he's one of them. I don't get why you're so buttblasted about it. Go have an autism fit somewhere else.

I was thinking that during the scene myself, desu

It didn't break the scene for me though

>Explain exactly what the fuck crossing the border accomplishes.

This bothered me a bit myself but there's a few justifications

>The rendezvous point was supposed to be a secret anyway
>The most important figures in the company (as I understand it) were killed during the last act so that might ease up pressure
>Company might have less control in Canada than they do southward so it'd be easier to elude them
>They could be heading for utter bumfuck wilderness

There might be some thematic intent, didn't the first X-Men film start off in Canada or something?

I should also reiterate a bit of disappointment with the last bit, as most people seem to as well.

For one thing, regardless of whether these kids represented a chance at recreating a world of superheroics where "do not kill too much" applies, these kids were still trained from birth to use their powers in a murderous fashion. Laura shouldn't have been the only one going batshit insane on the enemy, I was expecting the kids to give the soldiers a run for their money.

Oh, trust me, I got it. It's impossible not to get it when it's the most handfisted and literal symbolism since the fucking rat at the end of The Departed. The people thinking it was brilliant and deep are the real plebs here

The radio report mentions there were only 7 X-Men amongst the victims of Westchester. Not all of them died there

Killing logan. He should have lived with x23 and had the adamantium removed.

less on the nose swearing and violence.
thats about it.

even though the x42 thing is true to the comics it made for a really boring antagonist. i also think the film should have been stylised.
more exposition.

Did it never occurred to you that maybe he just died of a fucking heart attack or something because he'd be old as shit by 2028?

Yeah my science teacher said this scene was fake. Where's the HARD sci-fi?

Mutant poison in the corn syrup. Seriously.

Logan was fucking kino

Fuck reddit plebs

they're making the frogs gay

Logan mentions at one point that their missions were nothing like the comics books and that people die. I imagine some of the x-men died on various missions in this timeline prior to the Westchester event.

I like this the most.

>Have him fight the reavers, get hit with a couple adimantium bullets

Or

>Have him fight an x-25 mature version of Laura

>Win and help Laura to the border but die of his wounds there
>Alpha flight is waiting for her
>Maybe allude to Cable so you can then time travel her to the next xmen film

I would've actually made an old man logan movie. However, given what they've done with x-men and the wolverine movies, this was the best that could be done. I expected to hate it and I liked it.

Revealing that Creed left Magneto to continue working for the Mexican weapon ex program would have been a little cooler than the Clone.
>Have Logan aging while Creed remains as powerful as he was in Origins bc metal skeleton
>have Creed give a speech on how Logan is weak and pathetic
>have Creed give a speech on how he'll raise X23 as he was her father and turn her into as much of a monster as he is
>have Creed kill Logan and X23 kill Creed
>Creed and Logan start their journey together in colonial Canada and end their journey together in Canada being dug next to each other under two unmarked graves

Logan's legacy lives on with X23 wile Creed's barbarity dies with him

The brain stem controls the body.

The movie was great. Very emotional. The only thing I would change is hire some kids that can act. Easier said than done though.

Have Wolverine be noticibly more worn down and grizzled without making him as weak as he was in the move.
Probably a mini fight scene between Logan and X23 would have been a decent way of showing that Logan is still vary powerful despite his condition.

to add to that, it doesn't matter if he died of old age, the hiv, or if robot hands himself walked up to him and stabbed him with a pure iron knife, the movie establishes that most mutants are dead and the ones who aren't a genetically created babies or old useless ones with waning powers. It's not a far stretch of the imagination that magneto got raped by normies like it was nothing to them. In the end, it doesn't matter though because the story isn't about him, doesn't concern him, and his status is irrelevant.

did you fall asleep during the movie?

X-24 was a mistake

Should have been a zombie Cyclops killing everyone

you mean W:O deadpool, right?

You're stupid as fuck. Muscles can still contract after brain death and you don't know how Chuck's telepathy affects their nervous system.

youtu.be/viOpP6P_PrQ

Also all old mutants of are alive will lose their powers at some point in time.