Star Trek

Hello, my name is Tuvix and I don't want to die.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7qdAoqe5JyE
youtube.com/watch?v=xy5jAixHhSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's not for you to decide, Tuvix

killing 1 to bring 2 back to life is a good trade

Dr. Crusher, i'm Lieutenant Barclay

But when one is better than the two, what then?

Dr. Bashir, I'm SECURITY

He was begging for his life, HIS LIFE. Janeway fucking executed him, yeah he was born from Neelix and Tuvok and they are gone he was the result from them but they still existed within him.

Janeway had the fucking audacity later on to lecture Captain Ransom on the murder of Aliens when she did the same thing with Tuvix begging her, Fuck Janeway just fucking fuck her out the god damn airlock.

you can't murder a transporter incident
you can only fix it

t. Will Riker

Tain?

>Janeway "murders" 1 person so they can split into 2
>Everyone hates her
>Sisko poisons a planets atmosphere to kill some guy who was arguably justified in his actions against the Federation
>Everyone loves him

what did /trek/ mean by this

I wouldnt have a problem with Janeway killing Tuvix to save her friends if she was not so inconsistent about it

See the first episode with the Vidians where she is willing to let the guy who stole Neelixs lungs live to not kill anyone even though it means Neelix will die indirectly by her

Or all the times she refuses to blow up an enemy ship to save crew members

Either murder people to save your crew or don't bitch

Sisko is black, his actions were justified by thousand of years of slavery

those lives were meant to exist
Tuvix wasn't

it's not that hard to understand, it's like why murder is wrong but abortion is ok

Its pretty arguable that the Vidians should not exist either, especially when they live on borrowed parts

Darmok ?

Exactly. She sucks

SIYIYA AND BANEN, WHEN THE PLANE CRASHED

I loved Sisko until he betrayed his uniform. I never got over it & never will
Death to Sisko Long live Edington

>abortion is ok

"I let mainstream society define what is right and wrong" the post.

Archer raised a man from childhood before murdering him at gunpoint to harvest his organs as the man begged for his life.

Mr. "Tuvix" please sit on the table. We can do this the hard way or the Janeway.

Oh Archer space exploration changed you

>"I let religion define what is right and wrong"
>inb4 philosophy

Especially if one of the two is Neelix

Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

>race that reaches maturity at a different stage
>he was a pedo!

>Neelix race a lovable scrounger rat people.
>let him cook your food.
>let him raise your kids.
Neelix is suck a rat. I know they were going for hobbit but as a character he was so Jar Jar.

Because muh diversity.

O'Brien was the only good character and he was tortured for his whiteness.

If you need anything to tell you chopping up babies is wrong, then you are truly lost!

Total Pedo.

The entire series he is playing with the youngest people on board or sucking up to chief of security.

Also after Tuvix Their relationship went to shit. what did Tuvok see?

star trek is the lame

Tuvix spelled backwards is Tuvix.

chakotay claims tuvix maybe greater than the sum of his parts.

everyone knows hes just mad about the first episode though.

Bump for only non-cancer Trekthread in catalog.

What the fuck is going on with Sup Forums

lol fuck you Tuvok you fucking spy. Enjoy the rest of the trip in the mess hall.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

he was a race traitor tho
he deserved it

DELET

Keiko was a bitch. He wanted to fix her.

>Neelix is suck a rat. I know they were going for hobbit but as a character he was so Jar Jar.

Actually the creators of the show said on one of the dvd special features that he got the idea for Neelix right after he came out of a movie theater in the mid 90s. He had just watched a new Disney movie called The Lion King, and he wanted an alien character on voyager that was a cross between Timon, and Pumbaa.

I do not get that from Neelix.

I get pedo space rat who scored big.

>what did Tuvok see?
Tuvok told Janeway that he thought of Neelix, and Tuvok as his parents. I'm guessing he must have seen the warmth, and love that lives inside of Neelix to speak of him so highly to Janeway.

>who scored big.
Can't argue with you there. Prime Kes was cute as fuck, and Neelix was indeed a lucky son of a gun.

bland as fuck. worse trekfu.
Now Jadzia on the other hand. Best Waifu if you are alpha enough to command her loyalty and respect. all others just go with Ezri or Kes.

Remove Bajoran.

Race traitor.

>command her loyalty and respect.
Fuck, that seems like a lot of work, and a hassle.
I'll stick with submissive, brave, loving, and loyal prime Kes.

>loyal
wew lad
Tom "The French Tickler" Paris got that shit behind Neelix's back. she also got bored of Neelix and left him.
she is useless, unless she freaks out and breaks peoples minds. then dies a couple years after meeting her.

git alpha white boi

The Maquis on that planet were given fair warning and everyone got away safely. What's the problem?

It's exactly like telling everyone to fuck off in advance before obliterating their airfield with 50 tomahawks.

To the Trill?

Two lives are worth more than yours. Knowing I can save them but refusing to is the same as killing them.

Tuvix and his experiences lives on inside them.

Janaway is one coldblooded bitch

Now that's just creepy.

shit dont make sense either

you cant separate their patterns anymore after it happens. his brain physiology changed and is constantly changing with new experiences after the incident.

if anything they should just throw enough "what makes us from x amt of chemicals" in the transporter and remake the last patterns of tuvok and neelix. transporter discussion is so dumb and i hate how VOY just fucking shat on it with splicing retardation.

yes I know Beyond referenced splicing and I bet maybe in TNG\TOS but all TNG brought were clones and people stuck in the buffer zone of transporters/energy.

>Tom "The French Tickler" Paris got that shit behind Neelix's back.
Never happened. She was very young, and confused. She just needed to work somethings out of her system, but she never actually cheated on Neelix.
>she also got bored of Neelix, and left him.
That also never happened. She did leave him as she was forced to leave all of her dear friends on Voyager ,but she had no choice in the matter.
>she is useless
That's your opinion.
>then dies a couple years after meeting her.
Nothing good lasts forever. At least she knew when to bug off when she became too old which allowed Neelix to move on to someone new. What more could a person ask for ?

>Jadzia
>loyalty and respect
From the actress that bailed on the show to join a sitcom that she was so bad at that Nancy Travis replaced her ass? Jadzia is worse Dax, shit tier Trekfu.

dont forget DS9 transporters turning everyone in to a Not Jame Bond character.

It was a good thing Worf decided to let 10,000 people die so he could save keep his precious wife alive another year.

That was more an emergency attempt to save their patterns instead of losing them completely. Although Treknology is all bullshit anyway (any pseudoscience fucks who think Trek is somehow scientifically accurate or realistically inspirational toward real world technology need to off themselves).

there is an episode where kes tries to run off with some guy.
its the one where the doctor gets redpilled.

not all the tech but some of it will come.
hell communicators from tos are a real thing. it is called a cell phone.
the pads from the show are real..but even better you dont need 5 pads for 5 books.

transporters and replicators are not realistic at all.
FTL is not possible right now but shit changes.

What episode? Also it's only truly cheating if kissing or sex is involved.

Protein resequencers, the proto-replicator are possible. NASA has prototype food 3D printers.

but will we be able to go up to the thing and request complex meals like stake and all the fixings plus a chocolate sundae, than go up to the same machine and ask for a pocket watch that uses gears n shit? i think not, no.

As usual yellow, and green.

>hell communicators from tos are a real thing. it is called a cell phone.
Off yourself, retard. Two-way radios existed when TOS was being produced (and TOS communicators were two-way radios, not cell). TNG+ communicators could be argued to be cellular though, but it's still a massive bullshit meme perpetuated by psuedoscience retards.

Also it isn't just about the stuff on the surface, how Star Trek handles basic design and engineering is fucking retarded: like using plasma to transfer power and data, mental as fuck and why their shit blows up and kills crewmembers even when their "shields" are still up. And the bullshit magic regarding frequencies for everything, retarded as fuck. Don't get me started on the fucking holodecks, holy shit.

Obviously this shittily applied technology was there for dramatic purposes, but again that goes back to the cell phone meme and then the PADDs; it's all shallow on-the-surface technology. But behind the curtain science and technology in Trek is so badly depicted and applied, and I've never liked how even educated people put Star Trek up on a pedestal for that.

t. autism

it is put on the pedestal for its ideals and ideas. the actual tech is bonkers and "techno babble" is a phase for reason.

rick berman pls go

My favorite was Geordi and the redhead extinguishing a "plasma fire" by removing air from the airlock. Aside from the idiocy of holding onto ladders during a super-tornado, plasma is nuclei stripped of electrons, so whatever else a plasma fire is, it isn't a chemical fire requiring oxygen.

Se 3 ep 18 the darkling

The 2003 Battlestar Galactica was what Voyager was supposed to be, but the producers didn't want that kind of grittyness in Trek despite the fact DS9 did plenty of it.

The show is for normal people not for losers who have to flaunt their "knowledge" around because they have nothing else to offer

>Implying she was in a right state of mind.

I don't think those words mean what you think.

"Hey, watch out for those vampires over there! (points to a werewolf)"

No problems here, move along sir.

>oh noes they are confusing my fictional creatures!! reeeeee

autism

Kes hadn't reached maturity yet.

Her species reaches maturity at 3 or 4.

Kes was still only 1.

>he was a pedo!
Correct.

she was able to give consent and understand all the implications

The simple fact that she chose Neelix proves that she wasn't capable of giving informed consent. If she was capable of rational thinking on an adult level then she would have chosen someone better.

>Tuvix and his experiences lives on inside them.

I don't think it does. They didn't have any memory of being Tuvix.

>basically the Han Solo of the Delta Quadrant
>someone better

L O L

Han Solo isn't a child molester.

which of course was my point, you mama turd-eating cowfucker

I get your point, but you don't deserve to be taken seriously and thus don't deserve a serious answer. Try to understand that moron, if you are capable.

Eddington was morally correct because his threat was of an existential nature. Sisko's threat was the POSSIBILITY that the Cardassians would consider it an act of war by not taking out the Maquis, even though this was during the Dominion takeover of Cardassia and the Maquis didn't consider themselves part of the Federation anymore.

Seconded by the fact that Eddington lays it out completely for Sisko and the writers still forced Sisko into insanity. I think it's the only time in the series where they had to write the Defiant crew ready to disobey his orders.

>youtube.com/watch?v=7qdAoqe5JyE

ATTACK PATTERN JUST FUCK OUR SHIT UP

>even though this was during the Dominion takeover of Cardassia
That was a week later.

The Cardassians agreed to let the Dominion fuck their shit up in order to stop the Maquis and Klingons from fucking Cardassian shit up.

How awkward do you think this scene was to film?

I think vaporizing Tuvix would have been justified.

You lose Tuvok, which sucks but you also rid the crew of Neelix which would have forced the writers to do something other than have a Sizzler chef for multiple seasons.

>That was a week later.

Then I retract that part of my argument but the Dominion had already become a threat to every part of the Alpha Quadrant once they infiltrated both the Klingon Empire, Earth / UFoPs, and successfully defended against the Cardassian / Romulan attempt to take out the Dominion.

Cardassia also going to war over people who have chosen to leave the Federation and were considered outcast by the Federation as well would have been foolish on their part. At best, Cardassians would've launched a counter attack on the Maquis without the aid of Starfleet.

No, I believe I'm still quite right in this.

>Sisko always says that bad things will happen if the Klingons/Maquis keep messing with the Cardassians
>bad things do end up happening
>Dukat blames the Klingons/Maquis in his speech to the Cardassian people
Sisko did cross a line in his pursuit of Eddington, but the writers are ~subtly~ telling you that Sisko's reasoning was justified.

It was justified, but so was what Eddington was doing. Eddington was simply MORE right than Sisko. Which is decent writing when you consider it.

I'm the first pro Edington guy I thought I'd chim back in. I still think Sisko betrayed his uniform, but mostly in his obvious derangement. However I think trying to appease the cardassians was a reasonable idea. Even though they switch sides to the Dominion very quickly. I didn't see that coming

I agree with this I mean he had to go ask Eddington for his help

>Sisko did cross a line in his pursuit of Eddington, but the writers are ~subtly~ telling you that Sisko's reasoning was justified.

No, what they were trying to paint was a picture where both sides were wrong but that their actions were necessary.

Sisko's entire spiel is "FOR THE UNIFORM!"; "YOUR DUTY, YOUR STARFLEET OATH!". It's a fucking vendetta and it's more the motivation than preventing war than anything else in the episode from him.

In fact, I think he says that shit on three separate occasions throughout the episode. On the Defiant holographic transmission, the subspace message he sends to Sisko's office, and another time that evades me (could've been another episode, just not sure atm)

>youtube.com/watch?v=xy5jAixHhSA

I cannot agree that Eddington was right when the Maquis didn't need to exist in the first place. The Federation colonists in the DMZ should have just packed up and moved to a different planet if it meant keeping the peace. Any planet in the Federation will do, considering that transportation is free, supplies are free and land is free.

Yeah, losing your home sucks, but it's the lesser of two evils, considering that your other option is to murder Cardassian colonists (or be murdered by them in turn).

And of course the Maquis' attacks led to the Cardassians joining the Dominion, so all those billions of deaths are on the Maquis' head.

Merging two of the worst ever Star Trek characters... and not killing them?

It could have been great if neither one of them had survived the separation procedure.

>And of course the Maquis' attacks led to the Cardassians joining the Dominion, so all those billions of deaths are on the Maquis' head.

I don't remember that being in any dialogue, you'll have to refresh my memory.