I dont get it

I dont get it.

Why Americans be reenacting and celebrating one of the worst tragedies in their history?

I too am from a culture that has had a civil war and the thought of having fun by LARPing a slaughter of fellow citizens over a petty issues of politics seems just repugnant.

Please help me understand.

Attached: Duncans-Mills-Civil-War-Days-Reenactment-29-1000x667.jpg (1000x666, 191K)

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Also it was a tragedy in terms of the amount of lives lost but one thing that's very important to us as Americans is national unity, there's a reason we're called the UNITED States of America. The Civil War was the greatest threat in history to that national unity.

When the only war you've won by yourself was against yourself, you'd celebrate it too.

you forgot the mexican-american war

It's a reminded to the still living fans of the Confederacy that we will crush you every time. Keep your flags in your trucks and know your place, as the losers.

Exactly, for some reason no can understand the idea of loving their country.

We need to remember this, we celebrate the dead this way. Honor the brothers that died, I'm not a reenactor but these dudes have a love for history. Never forget where you came from, cunts.

i'd actually guess that it started in the south to try and relive the "lost cause". my father did reenacting (union) for a few years and every time they went to one in the south it was always scripted that the rebs would win the battle

lol cry more eurocuck

That was the united states and California republic vs mexico

So no, not on their own really.

Did my facts upset you burger boi?

I'm a civil war reenactor. I just like to get drunk and high with friends and then take a nap on the field.

Yeah the south are a bunch of idiots. I know because I live with them.

>moms a proud, self-proclaimed “redneck”
>dads a white trash addict fuck up
>grandma held entire family together and super Christian
>grandpas an alcoholic racist
>tons of weird taboos with the rest of the family such as cousins and shit, for example my cousin who is male buttfucked my other male cousin in a barn once. Not even shitting you.

actually we occupied california during the war so technically yes

Wow. A small part of San Francisco decides to be a breakaway state for a month. Glad we didn’t share a birder with those guys.

>I dont get it.
Move on snowflake... move on.

There is no 'technically' about it, the war was the United States and the California Republic vs Mexico

The united states have never won a war by theirselves, fact.

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

You seem to be struggling to understand your own history. The California Republic was not part of the United States at the time of the war. Just because it may have been occupied or it's part now doesn't change the historical facts.

you mean that tiny force in north san francisco of about 100 men that revolted against mexico and was absorbed into US forces after about 3 weeks afterwards because thats all the california republic ever was so i dont think they count as a wartime ally

My nigga

No. You’re just an idiot.

The US Civil War and WW2, both, have never been resolved. They were both kicked down the road, to this timeline.

Its hard to see that unity from where I'm standing.

But he is a correct idiot.

Despite being a bunch of massive braggarts, Americans kind of suck at war.

It wasn’t even a civil war. It was a failed revolutions. But the day is about all veterans now. Not just civil war.

Spanish American war.

actually we just kind of suck at dealing with insurgencies, regular war we do pretty damn good at but we don't have the stomach to deal with insurgencies the way you have to, hell militarily vietnam was a total victory but we lost it politically

America never had a civil war. It was a misnomer purposely applied by the victors.
The war between the states was one of secession.

More importantly, fuck off with your irrelevant opinions, foreigner.

The US has sucked at war because of being hobbled by kikes. They want the West to be destroyed because they didn't make it. They think everything being destroyed, is a good thing and massive loss of life can bring them profit and power.

Don't be mad because you eurotards marched millions to deaths in trench warfare because it was the way we always fought wars up until then.

I came to post this. In regular open conflict we destroy shitty middle east armies. I'd like to see how we would fare against China or Russiab but it would be really bad for both sides so lets pray it won't happen.

M8, there is no angle where Vietnam looks like a victory.

You picked a fight with a country that had more than a billion people to defeat in jungle ambush warfare... and copped it up the ass until you worked out you couldnt win then quit.

These guys love history, many of them know each other, and the most civil groups will swap uniforms if one group is underrepresented.
I'm sure in Europe/Asia/Africa there are amateur war enthusiasts who have multiple centuries to recreate from; I'm guessing for Americans this is what stands out and can be traced to their family lines on both sides. I have seen British/Indian wars re-enacted too; some of these guys may have great great great Grandpa's medal or rusted revolver from then too

>and celebrating one of the worst tragedies in their history

oh wait there are a lot more tragedies and lost conflicts:
>korea
>Vietnam
>south america
>afghan
>iraq
>syria

The viatnemese won like 3 battles, even once reinforced by the Chinese. Based on kill count alone it was an absolute victory.

>being this shitty at b8
I served in NATO forces alongside burgers
Some of them have been firing guns ten years before they were old enough to enlist definitely weren't shit shots

>moving goal posts after a field goal
Please dilate

The whole Vietnam conflict was US v China.

They were just happy to keep it simmering along in a stalemate rather than rally the whole force and kerb stomp the place.

my father was there and they were all shocked after they kicked the shit out of the VC during Tet and then heard traitorous a-holes like walter cronkite saying we lost

bollocks
does this look like victory to you, running away in shame.

Attached: 1.jpg (1024x709, 338K)

I don't think you meant to respond to me. Vietnamese were better trained from years of French, Japanese, French, and then American (and later Chinese) occupation. They died in large numbers but let's be honest no one really held onto Vietnam as a successful occupier. The US should have just supported their Vietnamese Communist allies instead of France

americucks desperately trying to say they won Vietnam. kek

>Based on kill count alone it was an absolute victory.
What is this CoD? We're discussion geopolitical history kill counts mean nothing

Yeah kinda this. I remember watching a documentary about how afraid the Americans were to be the guy strapped with a flamethrower because enemy snipers would basically hit then for fun all day long.

Yes, lets not forget that Viatname was a result of a failed French Imperial state and those frogs had dudes in White hates with bolt action rifles marching through dense forests.

>traitorous a-holes like walter cronkite saying we lost
Well you didn't win

Maybe a few battles... but the whole war was a massive loss

Were afraid to be*

you need to know where you came from in order to decide where to go. thats why history and tradition is very important

actually it was the opposite of that, US won nearly every actual battle but lost the will back home to see it through

Goddamn French were feeding the enemy players and leveling them up no wonder Japs, burgers, and chinks couldn't win

Jeezus, where is this?

In the grand scheme of things, the US won in installing a NATO-backed defensive ring around China and Russia. China held North Korea and Vietnam turned into China's own Vietnam as soon as the US left (not all communists are friends). Gotta give it to some native fighting forces they were fighting other imperialists decades before China, Russia, and US starting expanding globally

No one gives a shit and your continued arguing leads us all to know that you're a virgin.

To see what through? They had been our allies during WW2. They liked us and ask for help from the French garrison. British intelligence said not to take over french military operations. What plan did we have in Vietnam other than not letting China have it? China invaded right after we left and also lost, no thanks to us bombing them

>see it through
see what through