en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantitative_analyst
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Dan "the Man" Jarvis.

second for anglosphere

>yfw he's backing anglea "screaming" eagle

MoS today.

Wew.

Dan Jarvis?

Yeah I know him by that name. Hell, I worked with him in Afghan. Back then we called him 'Paki Pulveriser' Jarvis because he never came out of a tunnel without a scalp, an ear, or covered with blood.

Most would call him insane, but that is why the Paras trained him. They saw potential. It wasn't until they learned his methods that they truly realised what a monster they created.

You see, most guys that go tunnel clearing take guns. Not Dan. No, he took knives, clubs, hatchets, sometimes nothing but his bare hands. After a few missions I got a chance to talk to him in the mess. He was wearing his blood stained hat, sunglasses, and combat fatigues, smoking a cigarette and drinking Johnny Walker black. It was contraband, but you NEVER told Dan what he could and couldn't do.

I asked him why he never took guns with him. He lowered is head and took a long slow draw from his hand rolled cig, pulled off his sun glasses and looked me right in the eyes, piercing my soul.

"I do it out of respect. Respect for the white race. These goat fucker scum bags don't deserve the mercy of a British made bullet, but the slow torturous death of the hands of a British man!"

In a flash he pulled out his weathered, but razor sharp knife and stopped just short of sticking my gut.

"The look in their eyes when I slip this baby into their swollen, curry filled bellies is reason enough. To see the last lights flick off in their heads as they see a real killer work."

These new breads are so nice to look at, can we do this more often lads?

Also cheers for the spectator link chap

Fuck, really? That's a shame.
He seems like a really likeable guy.

I agree, having the same old news links that didn't get updated got stale.

Kek.

Make a flag bearer for the different sections of voters during the eu ref.

You know what I'm talking about? The one with "confused elders/memers"

Someone post the pic

Here you go lad. Too lazy to make a flag bearer pic though.

Davis is so fucking based

get a sub 2bh

It's so pleasant and aesthetically pleasing.

"Confused elders"

Gets me everytime

>you have to attend other proms to get last night tickets
Damn
youtube.com/watch?v=gLKSDT_2zPA

1st for slightly-based May

>aesthetic
>not A E S T H E T I C

Lads how butthurt were those scots last thread.

Getting my wife to get me one for my birthday

A E S T H E T I C

What are your life goals lads? Just curious.
I want to be an army doctor for about 10 years, then move into the NHS until my 40-50s, and then hopefully try and get elected as an MP.

S O . B E A U T I F U L

Historian, foreign office, maybe an MP at some point

Nigel in 1993:

youtube.com/watch?v=0fyXmT1j6lQ

He used to have a much thicker poshness to his accent. Do you think he dropped it deliberately in order to appeal to the common man?

>finish med school
>join the Conservative party
>become neurologist/neurosurgeon
>save for a good 25 years
>pop out 6 kids
>buy a stately home in the countryside
>become an MP
>subvertly uncuck British politics
>sit in front of the fire and drink whisky

Tbqh

>graduate with my maths degree
>any job but being a banker
>find a qt bf

Dealing with the common man is propably also part of it

>finish uni with a master of science in rocket engineering
>go to usa if trump wins, to britain if kebab removal starts or many other countries
>get 3+ kids
>build my own giant house in traditional architecture with rooms for tons of hobbies

Not American and 0% Scottish,
but my grandfather served in the Argyl & Sutherlands in WW1 (and after).

He was from Lincolnshire but under age and his parents wouldn't give their permission for him to sign up. So he ran away to Scotland where they'd take anybody.

>pic not him but looks like same studio as family album photo.

/blog tl;dr, like Aussies and Canucks, Scots are fucking useless voters but they're great people.

I love history. Good luck lad.

>Basically my goal as well
I'll see you on the cabinet m8

Why not become a banker?

If only the Conservatives were proper euro-sceptics then Farage and Moggy might be on the backbenches together.

I disagree, he was just younger, he has that gruffness of someone who's had to put up with a decade of MEP bullshit now.

>Why not become a banker?
I hate London and the stress is said to be immense, with stupid hours and workloads. I already get stressed out over uni, let alone a real job.
I'll take a lower paid job for a life a little more relaxed.

>police officer
>AFO or Detective
>Counter terrorism?

recently dropped out of uni and currently NEET so not sure how this is going to go.

Have a family of my own desu.

You're right.

>tfw lost the lottery and was born into County Down, NI as a Catholic surrounded by taigs and other catlicks
>want to join the army on the random off chance we go to war with the muzzies
>christian, protestant GF won't let me
>just want to serve Her Maj and sing God Save the Queen

JUST

Farage and Moggy dream team tbqh.

Become a quant. With your degree they won't let you be a banker anyway.
quant is easy, big money with comparatively little risk or responsibility.
You'd probably need a Masters in Finance/Econometrics (competing against Physics PhDs).

Don't have one lad, having sex would be an achievement at this point. Not motivated by money or fame. I've never had a clue what I wanted to do, even back in school.

Would probably join the army right now if I didn't have a GF. Living with her and have a years contract on our flat, couldn't just leave her on her own.

Do your duty for God, Queen and Country.

>tfw no gf

>Finish my PhD, hopefully by the end I'll stop regretting having ever started
>Get the hell out of academe and into business
>High-tech, wherever the innovation is
>Once I know smart people push for venture capital
>Breakout company in quantum technologies

That's the current plan.

I run a software company, export to the US, Europe, Japan mainly, so most of my income is in foreign currency, all my employees are in the UK (really glad about the £ drop!)

Next product hopefully generates a mid 6 figure revenue, I'm lone shareholder and director, we don't owe very much, alright, we'll be corporation taxed but corporation tax in UK isn't so bad.

I live like a student atm, my employees work from home, we don't have office space. Plan to keep it that way. I'll put anything I can save and we don't have to reinvest into the next project into Vanguard S&P 500 indexes, hopefully they increase 7% per year after inflation. Obvs I'll get taxed on that but still.

It's not unfathomable that the company could make 7 digits in dollars next year, but based on our valuation 6 digits is more likely. But product 2 should hopefully make 7 digits and is already planned. Development cycle is ~3 years.

By age 30 I want to be have 7 figures in my personal account. Dunno then, I don't really think about how I want to spend it. I mean, I want a nice house and a Tesla, but other than that I want to just keep doing what I'm doing. Honestly, I'd rather use it as VC seed money and help fund businesses in the UK, I feel like we don't have enough investors here like in Silicon Valley.

If things went absolutely ideally I'd make enough money to make a real difference in seeding companies in neuroscience, bionics, quantum computing, graphene, nanotechnology (particularly in medical applications) and renewable energy, as I think these (plus space travel/self driving vehicles/hyperloops/AI which are already covered by other VCs) are going to be the bastions on which the eventual freedom from toil of the human race will eventually be built.

>The ConservativeHome blog rates Rees-Mogg as one of the Conservatives' most rebellious MPs.[22] He has voted against the government whip on the Fixed-term Parliaments Bill, the October 2011 European Union Referendum Motion and the House of Lords Reform Bill 2012.[23]

>He also helped filibuster the Daylight Saving Bill 2010–12 and the Sustainable Livestock Bill 2010–12, thus preventing their passage through Parliament. In his long speech on the Sustainable Livestock Bill, he recited poetry; spoke of the superior quality of Somerset eggs, and mentioned the fictional pig, the Empress of Blandings, who won silver at the Shropshire County Show three years in a row, before moving on to talk about the sewerage system and the Battle of Agincourt.[21][24][25][26] He also attempted to amend the Daylight Saving Bill to give the county of Somerset its own time zone, 15 minutes behind London.[27]

>In a debate on London Local Authorities Bill on 7 December 2011, he said that council officials who have the power to issue on-the-spot fines should be forced to wear bowler hats.[28][29]

>quant is easy, big money

Uhm, no. To even get an interview you'll need a phd in math or physics, or an outstanding reputation (say a top 200 putnam finish).

Hedge funds have been taking more and more passive approaches, and "seeking alpha" is becoming incredibly difficult, even for the very best and brightest.

As a quant you also don't get payed much compared to mba's in compartive positions. And those guys are half your IQ and work half as hard as you

Or I just might just quant until I have enough money to start something. Got to put this PhD to use somehow.

Has there ever been a man so based?

I love Moggy so much.

No way I'm good enough to be a quant.
I got into the maths tripos at Cambridge but I'm eternally stuck at the lowest end of the 2i band.

btw, what is Canada like these days? And what do they think of Brexit?

They laughed at him for more than two decades...until the day, hour, and minute that he actually won.

I get the feeling that the other parties and constituencies have gradually gotten over their 'denial' stage of the grieving process. This man is proof that a determined individual, through his own will and grit, can make a difference through the democratic process.

It's so weird. The Cons are unlikely to give him a position in the gov (despite his immense talent) because he is supposedly 'too posh' for the public - irrespective of the fact that the public find him endearing

I want to start a business (probably a restaurant but I can't cook) and I'd like to get the confidence to perform either/both stand up or music live

beeeeel

The Cons are full of talent but none of it is on the front bench.

Fair enough. Maths is a pretty versatile degree anyway, you shouldn't have any problems.

I'm assuming you're NEET.
Get a job, if you have a degree or other qualifications then get something related to that, if not then get into a trade like carpentry, plumbing, etc., or service like cooking or retail.
Get some hobbies, make friends through hobbies and work. If you don't have any goals then just try and enjoy and make the most of your life.
You'll eventually find something that you think is your "purpose".
In terms of having sex/getting a girlfriend, don't be afraid of rejection and put yourself out there more lad.

D A V I D
A
V
I
S

The Tories know that they have an image problem, but they think it's a different problem to the one it actually is; they fear it's that their MPs come across as too posh, but it's actually that MPs IN GENERAL don't seem to really give a shit about their constituents and are quite aloof.

Jacob absolutely does give a shit and he really doesn't talk down to people, therefore he would be welcomed and loved if he was in the Cabinet.

>Confused Elders/Meme lords

r/europe, r/unitedkingdom,anglophobes and EUphiles BTFO by Australia

twitter.com/LBC/status/754457150500601858

Indeed. It's also a badly underrated scene in the entire history of cinema. There's so much going on with Thurmond's character, her mind. There's incredible subtlety. I notice something different every time I watch it.
youtu.be/flpxujAPNYE

>I can torrent Spectator magazines

Is nothing sacred?

Based Aussies.

>made over a million £ at 16 and paid his own fees fro Eton

Wew. Moggy you madman.

The funny thing is, if this was posted on /r/UK it would be heavily downvoted and the submitter would probably be banned from there, as has literally happened in the past few weeks.

>Quant
Stop fucking spouting this abbreviated shite

Use proper language so that us non-/biz/ faggots know what the hell you are talking about

Farage is on LBC again tomorrow when Hopkins should be on

>Just finished University with a First Class in Computing
>Starting job at 180,000 strong IT company as a Project Analyst
>Hope to eventually move over to IBM or somewhere equally well respected as a Project Manager
>Speak French fluently
>Have a wonderful family ;_;
>Achieve grade 8 on piano
>Make gains
>Hike around the world
>Get a regular readership on my politics site
>Maybe transition into a job related to politics

Very interesting stuff. How long have you had your company?
I agree with your last paragraph, those areas of science are going to expand a lot in our lifetimes. Good luck.

Just practice as much as possible, once you're confident in your abilities then you'll be able to perform without a worry. I used to do a lot of drama, the stagefright/nerves disappeared once I felt confident in my abilities.

Fucking excellent.

Don't pester him with memes, lads - he may become startled and never host it again

Don't worry - nothing other than fucking about with fiat and contributing to the demise of these blasted markets.

I first learned what a quant was reading a visual novel about stock market trading on the moon user. I don't go to /biz/.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantitative_analyst
Someone who uses mathematics in finance basically.

Exactly. People don't care that he's posh, especially since he doesn't try to pretend that he isn't. I like him because he actually gives a shit and has some principles. When he says something I actually believe he means it. Nobody gives a fuck that he doesn't live on the same planet as the rest of us. In fact it's admirable that someone like him is one of the few MPs who isn't completely out of touch with his constituents.

Parliament needs more like him and less of the faggots on the front benches.

Surprisingly I'm not a NEET, I'm studying history at uni but it's just not for me, I never really wanted to go anyway, but I am good at the subject. I can't drop out with one year left so I'll get through that, fuck knows what I'll do then though. My hobbies are pretty solitary (running, reading, film) unfortunately. Feels like I've been left behind.

>Finish uni with qualifications to become a history teacher.
>Join army
>Leave army after serving for 10+ years
>Get comfy job teaching history to teenagers while recounting stories of being in the army to them.
>Maybe politics after 20+ years of teaching
>Or maybe just retire and watch my children and grandkids grow up

Why in heavens name was Liz Truss promoted? She doesn't seem particularly competent at all

I bow to your probably much more up to date experience. My quant days were 20 years ago. Back then, anyone who could write an Excel macro & take a partial derivative could be a quant.

I moved on to fund management (and then to test piloting hammocks) but can't say I was overly impressed by the quality of quants I encountered in latter years.

"triple-A rated, super senior tranche, MBS" chortle.

Because she's got a cunt.

>develop self-publishing business
>get aesthetically /fit/
>find waifu
>get isolated smallholding
>become as self-sufficient as possible
>arm myself
>have 3+ kids
>send them to private school
>instill strong identity in them
>live the literary lifestyle creating Christian traditionalist alt right friendly /lit/
>do what I can for God, Queen and country

>move over to IBM

Heard it's a really shit place to work nowadays

Incorporated under 2 years ago. Not trading yet. Been funded since the start (and was working on it before the incorporation).

I make video games (coder, designer, project manager, I'm the only one with access to the build basically). Obvs not Sup Forumss favourite job being in "indie" games, but I've always been an achievement whore PC gaming, nintendo nerd and my target audience is very Sup Forums, I make hard games, not indie darlings.

It's possible we could go bankrupt but realistically, we're probs going to do well, the game is genuinely super fun, and we got a lot of funding and backing from big names, and it's releasing on all major consoles.

Does George Fergusson (the governor of Bermuda) have the most Eternal Anglo face ever?

You can surprisingly do quite a bit with history. Politics, journalism, publishing, etc. It's about the skills it gives you as much as it's about the content.
I know how you feel about feeling left behind, felt like that from age 16-19 when I was pretty reclusive.
I'm just going to assume you're in the same position I was and just give you advice based on what I did.
Join some societies at university. Not sure what societies your unviersity has, but I'm sure there'll be a running club, literature society, politics society (Conservative Association isn't bad, even in the most liberal universities), debating, film society, and plenty more. Go to your freshers fair or whatever, and find stuff you're into.
You'll meet a lot of new people, most of whom are in the same boat as you. Get to know them better and make new friends and possibly a girlfriend.
Maybe you've already done this in previous years but if not, go for it.

Interview with the RAF on Tuesday, trying to get in as a Regimental Gunner. Anyone else in the process of joining?

Godspeed lads.

Impressive stuff. Best of luck with your upcoming projects.

Saudis are innocent!!!

cracking good image, that.

>ROI will never join the UK or Commonwealth

Will be entering hopefully as Fast Jet pilot a few years down the line, after uni

Possibly, I haven't spoke to many people who work there yet. The ones I did were there to sell the job to me anyway so they wouldn't have been super truthful.

>A FUCKING LEAF

Exactly what I'm planning to do as well lad

>Achieve grade 8 on piano
>Speak French fluently
Also these! Every decade I say, I'll be fluent by 30. Now it's 40... Plus I'd like to become a councillor one day. And a church official.