Why?

Why didn't Trump pick Flynn?
It could have been immensely powerful to have a former military general as his right hand man. Flynn could have used his experience to double down on Obama's lack of leadership when it came to ISIS and Islamic terrorism. Coming from the mouth of a military general can impact Americans significantly.

What do you think

Because Flynn will be in a different cabinet position.

Numbnuts.

he already made his decision. get on board or shut the fuck up.

saged.

also this

Why didn't Hitler stop at Poland

WHY

Because the GOP forced Trump to choose a neo con cuck

I expect Trump to drop Pence like a sack of bricks after the convention and he will publicly come out and shame the GOP and saying "I WONT BE BOUGHT OR CONTROLLED BY ANY OUTSIDE INTERESTS"

why not VP though? It's the 2nd helm

He picked pence under the assumption that he's going to win. Pence is the pick to stop the house and senate republicans from resisting him in office.

It also seems to me that Pence is somewhat of a better public speaker. The VP's job for the rest of the election cycle is going to be standing up against the 2nd largest smear campaign in US political history.

vp is just a guy that campaigns in red states. he doesnt do anything else really. flynn sounds like a good secretary of state.

Perhaps Trump should announce Flynn as part of his cabinet?

VP has no power in an administration whatsoever

Because the Vice Presidency is irrelevant as fuck. Flynn would be an awesome CIA director or Secretary of State

Because Trump would crap himself if he met a real man.

CIA? i hear we need a new FBI director

Did you see his TV interview?
>A-a-a-abortion? (Oh god, what am I supposed to answer why oh why did the media have to ask me about one of the defining principals of my supposed party) I think, well uh, well women are important and I think it's very important that they have the ability to uh, the important thing is choosing and they're critical to the uh value of our system.

People may not like politicians, but the alternate is not that much more attractive.

Seems like a prime candidate for Trumo's SecDef.

Flynn is more a foreign affairs guy

You sound like a real secure, independent thinker. /s

Trump's not going to win. He could pick Jesus as his running mate and he's still not going to win.

America needs TP for its bunghole

>Why didn't Trump pick Flynn?
>GOP hates Trump's guts after their humiliating defeat
>Many in the republican base feel uneasy about Trump
>Supreme Court hangs in the balance
>Trump picks a democrat as his running mate
>expecting that not to cost him the election

I would like a Flynn/Trump ticket, as would most people on Sup Forums but the majority of republicans definitely would not. They've been playing the (D) / (R) game too long.

The FBI director is there until 2023, you can't remove him unless you find reason to impeach, which won't happen. He has a 10 year term for the sole purpose of not being afflicted by political swings.

Pragmatism.

Flynn and Webb were my first choices, but both were unrealistic. As much as Trump would like to distance himself from the evangelical right, he can't risk the NeverTrump camp pulling shenanigans at the convention or during the general election campaign, he's going to need support from the base to swing states in the Rust Belt, and even after the election he's going to need the neocons in Congress to play ball.

Pence isn't an exciting or daring pick, but picking him is a pragmatic choice. It's already shut up most of the NeverTrumps, which means the convention should be smooth sailing this week, unlike the Democratic Convention next week which is already shaping up to be a fucking disaster with protests and riots expected, delegate walkouts anticipated, and a fucking PR nightmare in the form of the rumored (albeit unconfirmed) Black Lives Matter day during the convention.

Pence will secure the base, while Trump will shift towards the center to continue appealing towards Independents and moderate Democrats.

Every single person on Sup Forums is an "independent thinker". Being part of a hive-mind is much better politics wise. So join or leave.

Also, picking an exciting or daring candidate would distract from Trump and hurt him. He's the most exciting and daring politician of all. He doesn't need others competing for the spot light. He needs a shadow not someone as bright as him. The other choices would have hurt him.

Trump didn't want to make the decision as you can probably tell, but he had to. That's the mark of a great leader. He wanted to please his hardcore fans the most. People should have more faith in him.