EVENT HORIZON

Please tell me i'm not crazy, this movie was seriously amazing right? Unlike anything ive ever seen before. Best horror movie ever made

It would be good if wasn't for that campy bullshit.

good but not amazing hellraiser in space good actors bad acting

I don't get why people think this is good. I need someone to explain why it's good to me.

I watched it. It's mediocre to me. I don't plan on watching it ever again.

you stupid motherfucker it flew right over your head. that was the point of the movie. It creates a perfect contrast between camp and horror.

It was alright. Way too over-hyped on this board.

the acting is over the top to enhance the surrealism

hellraiser 4 hellraiser in space is better than this movie

everything you didnt like in the movie was done puropefully. you just had to accept the directors choices and you would have loved it

Are you guys memeing? I avoided this after seeing some reviews online that said it was all over the place.

uh you could basically say that about anything dude

I saw it for the first time recently. I genuinely enjoyed it. Had some dumb parts but it's a horror movie so what do you expect.

I wish I could see all the shit the studio made Anderson cut.

Event Horizon is like a 90s Disney movie - the first 2/3 is amazing. The last third is rushed and clumsy.

I feel like I've seen this exact fucking threads five or six times now. Is someone trying to push this movie into cult status or something?

And as a disclaimer, I love Event Horizon. It's just weird seeing these semi-regular le hidden gem threads.

Fuck off. It ruined the fucking movie. I could handle a little camp, but not "hurr floating corpsicle lmao!"

it has a great premise that choppy in execution..
if you like it, check out pandorum, a spiritual successor

plus she's in it, so its pretty much required

the campiness was over the top so the horror would be more effective

I have such wonderful things to show you.

no this is the first thread i've made. I just ran here to post it while im still high on the movie

You're not alone. Several times a year Sup Forums gets recurring Event Horizon threads, along with Starship Troopers and Pandorum threads.

are you accusing me of being a shill. i

OOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAH

No, you're just a newfag tourist. Threads about those movies always start with "Is it just me" or something along those lines, when these movies regularly get a lot of love from Sup Forums anyway. I love all of those flicks

you need to relax dude. I just really loved the movie. Can't you undertand that not everyone that comes here is a jaded scumbag like you?

Nah.

It's good enough that they made a 'making of' docu of it, so that's gotta mean something, right? I like the WH40k alt-dimension evil plot of it, rather than the usual spooky-things-on-earth.

It's the schlocky horror movie equivalent of Sunshine - it has a really great first two acts that make good use of an interesting premise and unique set pieces, and then it completely shits the bed with a slasher movie final act that cheapens the entire experience.

Both of them are still decent, watchable movies but ultimately the strongest emotion they elicit is disappointment over their failed potential.

It's an incredibly fun movie, a rare piece of space horror that contrasts the blatantly supernatural with science fiction in a really neat way. /tg/ considers it a prequel to 40K, that this is humanity's first exposure to the Warp. It's pretty cool considering Dr Weir was clearly possessed from the get go, with him having dreams before they get there and all. I think he did some shit long before the Event Horizon was built, that during experiments creating the engine powering it, he was essentially patient zero for Chaos exposure, and it compelled to finish the ship and send it out.

It is very cheesy in places, and some of the CG is noticeably out of date, but the ideas and atmosphere more than make up for any misgivings I might have about the movie, which are few. It's tremendous fun and there's few movies quite like it.

Sunshine disappoints me, it's an overall unenjoyably staid movie and I really don't understand why people compare it to Event Horizon. They're not terribly alike. Spooky spaceship shenanigans? Black Hole and Alien come to mind, too. Event Horizon was a visceral weird fiction horror movie about traveling beyond human comprehension into space hell and all that, Sunshine was a mildly pseudo-philosophical sci-fi thriller with a small but noticeable anti-religious bent. The burnt up captain felt terribly out of place to me. The idea of crazed sun worshipers in space ships is cool, but Sunshine tries to ground itself in 'realism' far too much to actually take this anywhere interesting, so he was just a crazy Christian. By all rights, the captain should be irradiated bacon. Event Horizon is, if anything, a far more fun and dynamic movie than Sunshine could ever hope to be.

>"hurr floating corpsicle lmao!"
That was what got you, not that the ship was a literal portal to hell?

Good concept poor execution

>Unlike anything ive ever seen before

You must not watch many movies

>/tg/ considers it a prequel to 40K, that this is humanity's first exposure to the Warp.
I feel like this is the position of anybody who has seen the movie and knows a bit about 40k.

>praising a Paul WS Anderson movie

The guy is Brett Ratner tier

>it was bad on purpose
>if you liked the bad parts you would have enjoyed it

Get a load of this stupid piece of shit

How come this movie gets such a shit score on Metacritic?

Read the thread dummy. It's very polarizing and a lot of people agree that it shits the bed in the third act

this movie scared me as fuck when i was 10, still nice to watch due to sets and some creepy shit in outer space. Maybe if it wasnt so rushed it could have been a cult classic but there is some really bad things in it.

Can we get a remake with more gruesome space horror and less Comic Relief Negro?

I mean, the rights to this movie can't be worth more than like $50 at this point. How about Sup Forums buys it and crowdfunds the new version? No need to appease studio execs or avoid the NC-17 rating if it's online release only.

>tfw you'll never be this defensively autistic

Nigger clown spoiled it for me too

It's good. And I hate horror movies.

I have been saying this since seeing this flick on opening night long ago. My friends were like, are you crazy, it was crap. I loved it then and even more now.

Event Horizon is that one movie every asshole and his dog won't shut up about despite the fact that it's bog standard Paul WS Anderson schlock and has the same cheesy try-hard aesthetic as a Slipknot music video.

I mean sure, it's not unwatchable, and it's probably the best movie Anderson has ever made, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Sounds like a job for simple fan edit.

The problem is that the extra footage they cut isn't on the internet anywhere.

This is what happens when you travel into the Warp

Can still denegro cut. A lot of times pre-release cuts aren't even post-production'd and worthless anyway.

event horizon is almost kind of amazing
it's too bad we'll never get a directors cut it seems all the stuff they shot has disappeared

>I wish I could see all the shit the studio made Anderson cut.
You really don't man that shit is fucked.

I am looking for movies that can be considered Warhammer 40k movies out of context.

This is about the Warp, but what else?

Dunno, WH40K is kinda shit. There's probly plenty of guardsmen grinder war movies.

Somebody needs to track down that producer with the VHS with all the extra graphic blood orgy footage and splice it back in.