/Horror/ General

This is a tred for drunk people to talk about horror movies. Which ones are dildos, which ones are good and which ones are fucking retarded and any other smack talk or funpost regarding movies with monsters ghosts or fucking zombies and other assorted things that want to eat your face.

This type of thing etc.

DOTD Remake Man Comes around GOAT zombie opening.

youtube.com/watch?v=DuHXcJdoRdo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LXbXYO9F2O4
letterboxd.com/ohmangoddamn/
ethnicelebs.com/sienna-guillory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for Evil Dead

You son of a bitch get your ass in here user.

Sup Forums is memeing The Void right now. Should I fall for it?

Ash was supposed to be in the final Phantasm movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=LXbXYO9F2O4

I haven't seen it yet but it is on my list/

also LMI > LTROI

Thoughts on Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo?

Why is my favourite horror film deep red?

Anyone have a working link of any sort other than Usenet for pic related? Can't seem to find it.

>tfw just last night watched Evil Dead II for first time after watching the original years ago
GROOVY.

I didn't want to be first poster because I just have this requestfagging post.

It's shit desu. For once the "haha get stoned and watch" meme is probably right. Watch it once and only once for the "experience", and fast-forward through all of the psychedelic sequences unless you really really like watching them for half an hour. Like it has some decent stuff and a nice atmosphere but it's the movie equivalent of vaporware DUDE SODEEP

LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH

Still waiting for an old evil dead meets new evil dead

Welcome to the grooviness. Have you seen army of darkness?

Nope, that's next, and I can't wait.

After I finish downloading a whole fucking list of various other movies of all genres purely because they are all reported to include some single scene that is relevant to my fetish which probably won't even be any good or be barely there.
It's honestly not such a bad way to find movies, just watched American Hustle for the first time and it was pretty okay.

Evil Dead does lose some of its horror value when you can't watch it without hearing Sorry For Nothing's "Swallow Your Soul" in your head every time Ash does anything, but the good thing about Evil Dead is it's genuinely entertaining, it doesn't even need to rely on being horror, it's just interesting.

dvd senpai

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7103E62BA51B5B668E84F82B509077B78D847A23&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt3.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=%D0%93%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B0%20%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%85%D0%B0%20%2F%20Five%20Across%20the%20Eyes%20(%D0%93%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%20%D0%A1%D1%83%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BD%2C%20%D0%A0%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%B0%D0%BD%20%D0%A2%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%BD%20%2F%20Greg%20Swinson%2C%20Ryan%20Thiessen)%20%5B2006%2C%20%D0%A1%D0%A8%D0%90%2C%20%D0%A3%D0%B6%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%8B%2C%20%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%80%2C%20DVD5%5D

You're the best, amigo. It's not picking up any seeds yet but it's still the only thing I've found so far so I'll leave it in queue and see if anyone comes back and seeds it.

I'm connected to a seed. Maybe it's because magnet links are slow or your connection is bad. Or are you the person using qbittorrent? :^)
Alternatively I could just upload the torrent file to MEGA.

Yeah it finally connected me to a single seed, thanks
Downloading pretty well now
It's probably just because my connection is very bad, I don't actually live in the US at all, I'm in an undisclosed third world shithole

bumbp

I don't think a movie has ever made me as uncomfortable as this has. It's unsettling; my gf made me turn it off with twenty minutes left

I'm kind of new to horror. What are the best horror movies on netflix, amazon, hbo go, or hulu? I've seen the vvitch, blair witch, it follows, and some others.

not sure what's on there but you should check out some classics

halloween
texas chainsaw massacre
nightmare on elm street
friday the 13th
scream
return of the living dead

just watch the first in each series and continue on if you like. i dont watch newer horror movies so i cant help you there.

Depends what kind of horror you like

Creep with Mark Duplass on netflix is a pretty good pick for most people

My friend who hates horror movies liked it

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane

>"Horror" general
>starts with a pic of a Resident Evil movie
Way to fuck it up from the get-go, dipshit.

I'd ask what you would classify Resident Evil as, but you know I don't actually think I care.

A really shitty action movie. You sound mentally challenged.

You sound like a raging autist contributing nothing to the thread.
You're aware RE movies are just adaptations of RE games, yes?

I DONT FUCKING CARE THEYRE NOTHING LIKE GOOD HORROR MOVIES LIKE THE EXORCIST SO FUCK OFF

why no newer ones?

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>like The Exorcist
:^)
You really had me going there too
>muh slime

thanks, this was recommended to me by a friend as well so i'll watch it this weekend

>this retard thinks RE is better than the exorcist
>still has the brass balls to start an horror thread
wew lass.

Not only am I not OP, I didn't even watch any of the RE movies. I'm just not autistic is all.
>how DARE someone use a picture to start a thread on a board when I dislike what that picture is associated with, yet it is still thread-related!

Not that guy but honestly RE films are just action schlock with some weird cg monsters from time to time.
And they aren't adaptations of the games they are only barely based off the series with appearances from some of the characters like chris and nemesis and wesker. Aside from that they are completely different and shit.

Because I'm mostly into slashers and newer horror movies are usually shit like DUDE BRO PARTY MASSACRE DUDE IRONY SATIRE LMAO or dumb ghost shit or they just don't seem interesting to me. I think the newest horror movie I've seen is Sorority Row and that was a huge pile of shit.

oh no wait the last one i saw was texas chainsaw 3d. either way still shit.

Have you considered making your own movie? Maybe you could get some attention and get a job making a decent modern slasher.

Watch Cabin in the Woods, it's a mix of light-hearted humor, old-timey gratuitous gore, and eventually symbolism that makes all the dumb scenes earlier on make sense and seem clever when you watch it the second time.

It's not, like, spectacular, but it's fun.

Are you being sarcastic? Because I know nothing about movies and have a ton of VHS only slashers to watch so I'm not exactly starving for newer movies.

I'll check it out user.

So you don't like new horror movies because you watched new shitty horror movies

Don't know if you know this but there's shitty old horror too

you shouldn't drink it's bad for you

Be warned though that Cabin is also sort of a homage/ripoff of the very first Evil Dead, or parts of it. Well, the first part, it's...just keep watching until the end before making any judgement on it.

But they had the excuses of trying to build a new genre, having zero budget, technical limitations, much smaller pool of much less experienced actors, much less potential money to be made, and not having as many other movies to copy.

Is /hor/ coming back? What's your guys' letterboxd profiles?

yeah i would know since ive been watching a lot lately. i have enjoyed a ton of older movies while even the most critically acclaimed newer movies fall flat for me. fuck ghosts, fuck found footage, fuck movies that look like they were filmed in some guys backyard with a go pro and fuck kids in horror movies. the exorcist was pretty decent though.

ive never actually seen evil dead or any of the sequels

might as well
letterboxd.com/ohmangoddamn/

G'day mate

Nice, how are the Return of the Living Dead sequels? I saw the first one and thought it was incredible.

Sort of new to Sup Forums, been looking over letterboxd and I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is it just a log of movies you watch or does it help you find links to watch them? Is it like, social media for movies?

5 decides what i watch tonight

It's a solid film diary/catalog. It considers itself a social network but the social part of it is barebones, best used if you like reading reviews on literally any movie.

A randomly selected episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog

So like IMDB?

I never watched 2 because all the ROTLD movies are pretty standalone titles and I hear it's not that great. I liked 3 a lot because Melinda Clarke, the crazy ass gore, the humor, and I'm a sucker for dumb cheesy romance. Also, the ending is great.

henry portrait of a serial killer

Split

Yeah, pretty much, just not as cluttered.

>Hey guys I le drank 2 Smirnoff Ice, and am totally le drunk off my ass! Teehee!

Your mum drank my cock juices ya gay cunt

Splinter made my fucking skin crawl, real heebie-jeebie shit

Solid watch. For a low budget movie, the practical effects were great and really added to it.

>I say le naughty words when I drink. Don't tell mom!

I remember this one soft thriller movie that I picked up from the horror section called "Edge of the Ax" it had to do with a killer who killed randomly and a kid in a late 80's Video Game Kid trenchcoat style look. I recall nothing else.

Dead and Breakfast

>it's a "that one sad user that tries to force a general and is drunk every time he makes a thread" episode

anybody ever see pic related?

Oh yeah with the robots. Not bad actually.

>it doesn't even need to rely on being horror, it's just interesting.
You'll like AoD then.

Breh I haven't seen this in ages, I remember it being really damn good though

>But they had the excuses of trying to build a new genre, having zero budget, technical limitations, much smaller pool of much less experienced actors, much less potential money to be made, and not having as many other movies to copy.
>literally carbon copies of Halloween since the early 1980s
>literally "it's okay because they were cheap and shit but modern cheap and shit isn't okay"

I liked the sequel more
I watched one episode of the series and dropped it

Caught this fun filled romper for 10 cents out of a bargain bin at Videomaxx. All I remember is that during a police interrogation this one guy asks for a lawyer and the cop responds "You wannadibidifib de lawyer im gunnafiddydidoom do you lawyer!" while shaking the guy.

That's not true because halloween was just a teen drama for the first hour. Also, cheap and shit is never good.

Halloween wasn't popular for the teen drama you dolt.

Sure it was. The murder was just for edgelords. Same with Prom Night

keeeeeeeeeeek

let the boy be

Anyone seen this?

What the HECK was his problem??

Idk I only saw the remake.

No. It's bad. If you're a special effects fan, you might like that aspect of it. Has kind of a Clive Barker vibe. Otherwise, aVoid.

Yeah, it's weird and it might be confusing to some people, but for me it was 9/10. Really underrated.

It's especially great if you like giallo films and shit like that.

Only Texas chainsaw and return of the living dead are any good there.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

I feel like this was a lowkey parody of bad found footage movies

>suspiciously cutoff

What a fucking coward, show the rest of it

Is this like Pontypool or do they just sound similar

ethnicelebs.com/sienna-guillory

someone watch this and let me know what you think. it's a little over an hour and it's on netflix

I'm going to rewatch Suspiria tonight. Convince me not to.

What's your fetish?

Any Blind Dead fans here?

Tries too hard, and plods slowly to nowhere. Shame because I do enjoy the director's other films.

The soundtrack by Broadcast is great though.

Nigger, you hating on Halloween?

some shills rated this an 8 on fmovies. exact same plot as several other movies and nothing happens she kills all the men obviously

I watched wes craven's new nightmare but not the original

I'm sorry