Browns receive QB, Carson Wentz

>Browns receive QB, Carson Wentz
>Eagles receive #1 and #4 overall

Who says no?

Fuck off, the Browns had their chance to draft him. Foles is a hero but Wentz is the long-term solution.

No way. The QBs this draft suck ass.

>pederson will utilize rotations of wentz and foles every other half to fuck with the opposing team.
>most of the difficulty will be the recirverd and lines of foles and wentz as they need to learn double the plays and styles.
>will go 19-0 next year.

Calling it now.

Really, really, really bad trade.

>purposely ruining your QB chemistry

It’s crazy enough to work!

No thank you. Rather have a proven winner than some young punk

Try to think of the worst movie you've ever seen, now try and think if it would have been improved by the presence of Daniel Day- Lewis

>Foles is a hero but Wentz is the long-term solution.
Foles is only 29. He's got at least 4 or 5 good seasons left and is Owl certified. Wentz is still unproven. Idk what they should do either but it is not a black and white situation.

>>Browns receive QB, Carson Wentz
>>Eagles receive #1 and #4 overall
>Who says no?

Presumably Wentz would say no, loudly and repeatedly, as his ass is dragged off to that cemetery of NFL careers in Cleveland.

Foles is the greatest legend in Philly history. With the way he had a GOAT year in 2013, gets injured the next year and gets exiled away to NFL purgatory aka the Jeff Fisher Rams, and then comes back as a backup for the new Golden Boy QB, and then he plays like shit and no one thinks he has a chance. And then in the two biggest games of his career he turns into the GOAT and wins the fucken superbowl. A legend. He is still not as good a QB as Wentz is though, that's a fact.

If I were him I would retire right now desu.

>If I were him I would retire right now desu.

That would be great for his legend, but finanicially he is gonna get bank if he keeps playing. His current contracts ends next season so he can get one big paying contract then retire.

If the offense learns both systems of wentz and foles then its possible. Itll be even more difficult to adjust at half time when youre the opposing team, and either foles or wentz had an entire half to learn the defense.

Me

The Philadelphia Eagles will NEVER trade one of their own to the Browns. Picks, maybe, but this team actually respects their players enough not to send them to football hell.

Also, Wentz isn't going anywhere. Foles is probably getting traded for a king's ransom to an AFC East team to haunt Brady for the remainder of his career.

we'll do that deal for foles

if you want wentz you have to give us 3 1sts, 3 2nds, and 3 3rds

>Foles is probably getting traded for a king's ransom to an AFC East team to haunt Brady for the remainder of his career.
Holy shit is this the best timeline?

I hope it's the Bills, personally. They're already trending in the right direction, and the Eagles/Bills broship has already been established.

Foles/Shady/J-Matt? Hard not to root for that offensive core if you're an Eagles fan.

then you end up with two QBs unsatisfied with their playing time who want fulltime QB salary.

>Who says no?

everyone with half a brain

Dumb ideas like this are why you are a shitposter on Sup Forums, instead of an NFL GM.

Or you have 2 qbs in case of a season ending injury to either of them.

You know Wentz isn’t worth that much.

Maybe.

>Who says no?
Anybody with a fucking brain. Report for retardation.

/thread

I have a better trade between these two.

Browns receive:
>conditional 2019 draft pick
Eagles receive:
>The rights to use the nickname Dawg Pound for their stadium.

Let's be honest here, that nickname is top-tier and it's being wasted by that useless abortion of a franchise.

the eagles say no you retard
you cannot trade carson wentz for anything
if they want to offer one of those picks for foles, go ahead and do it

>Who says no?
The Browns.

Not even they're stupid enough to do that.

They're going to cash in on Foles. My heart says no but my head says yes. Cash in and get that second round pick or a third rounder + a CB or something

>the Eagles would/should turn down a #1 and a #4 in the 1st round for Nick Foles

Go home Philly, you're drunk

that's not what i said you idiot
i said if they offer you that for foles, then do it.
if they offer it for wentz, say no.

>second round pick or a third rounder + a CB or something

yeah nah, that's what Andy would do.

Howie got a 1st rounder and a 4th rounder for Sam Bradford. So bare minimum, the Eagles should get a 1st, a 3rd, and a starting roster player (linebacker?) for Big Dick Nick.

>if they offer it for wentz, say no.
a #1 and a #4 for Wentz? I'd say yes to that and role w/ Foles.

Lord, a fan can dream. The offers are going to be interesting.

This isn't Madden

It's pretty damn cut and dry you dumbass

>1st, a 3rd, and a starting roster player (linebacker?) for Big Dick Nick.
kek, is anyone really that stupid? Doubt it.

then you're a moron
the eagles should give nick a say in where he goes, and i'd be happy to keep him on as a backup, but wentz is a superstar and 7 years younger. foles has been great recently but he's also been down for two years. you can't go with foles, it's lunacy
the smart thing to do is just chalk this up as a great fairytale story, pat foles on the back and go get a great trade for him

This is why you're retarded

Carson is the better QB and everyone knows it. The question now is if anyone will make Foles a better deal as a starting QB now that he won a superbowl or would he rather remain 2nd string to Wentz on the Eagles.

>
how can you be so retarded

settle down Philly.

Maybe just maybe you have good coaching and good players, and they're making BOTH qb's look good.

There are very players in the league period who are worth and/or woldn't be traded for a #1 and a #4 in the first round.

Get a grip on reality.

he absolutely is worth that much. he would have been mvp if he hadnt gotten hurt.

>There are very players in the league period

How so Mr. Football god? They could easily start either one of those QBs and trade the other for picks or better players. Both Wentz and Foles are ripe for a trade right now since both are young enough to have many decent seasons ahead of them. It's not black and white because they have multiple options here.

>There are very players in the league period who are worth and/or woldn't be traded for a #1 and a #4 in the first round.

Truth. You could count them on one hand after a lawnmower accident.

Lot of fanboys and casuals here today.

>would he rather remain 2nd string to Wentz on the Eagles.

There's no way he will remain second string. The Eagles should seriously consider starting him next year. A Super Bowl MVP QB is a hot commodity so why sell him when you can keep him for yourself.

>Nick Foles announces a surprise retirement prior to the 2018 season
>Moves to a small, Midwestern town to try his hand at preaching and living humbly with his budding family
>One day he's giving a sermon and the church doors burst open
>A group of large men led by a man whose face is obscured by an Eagles cap pulled low over the eyes walks past the pews towards the podium
>He takes off his hat and the congregation gasps
>It's Doug Pederson!
>"Nick, we need you. Carson blew up his knee again and there's no other man for the job"
>"I promised my family I'd hang up my boots and serve only the lord from here on. I'm sorry Doug."
>"Is there anything I can do to change your mind? We're lost without you, Nick. You saw what the fans did to Santa Claus, my ass is on the line."
>"It would take an act of God to pull me out of retirement at this point"
>Just then Foles collapses and has a seizure
>He has a sudden vision of Tom Brady weeping through his hands, a familiar scene but somehow different than his memories
>In this vision he looks at his own hand and sees a second Super Bowl ring
>Nick Foles comes to. "Doug, you're in luck. Big Dick Nick is back."
>Whole congregation cheers, lifts him up on their shoulders, and carries him out the doors to the team bus waiting outside

suicide squad

>team is the eagles
>we demand to be called the dog pound because of a reddit mask

They will start him next year because Carson won't be back until halfway through next season. So the Eagles are gonna make him another offer and he's gonna weigh the options. But he's not replacing Carson. This was never happening.

>A Super Bowl MVP QB is a hot commodity
not irl.

Foles will be lucky to get an 8 figure contract.

I would watch this kino

Correct. Do plebs on here really think teams didn't learn from things like Flacco's contract?

Winner winner. Super Bowl MVP QB usually just means salary cap headaches later on. Would this be the first time in history a Super Bowl MVP returns to the bench the following season? I think not

It would be fucking retarded to not keep Foles over Wentz after this crazy good postseason by Foles.

Why building a team around a young quaterback when you already have a quaterback that proved he can win titles now, Foles is still relatively young too btw.

Wentz is good that's for sure, but the way he plays...
Remember RG3 ?

stop it
going with foles over wentz is an insane idea
just cut it out
2 weeks ago the consensus was foles is a joke and a scrub
you can't go with somebody so inconsistent, as much he's now a legend in the city
let's just accept it was a great run and it was amazing and love foles, but just be okay with the fact he can go somewhere else to start and get us a good trade back
give him a say in where he goes if you want, but going with foles instead of wentz is so shortsighted and retarded

>frog talking foosball

foles had an all-time performance and also has a 2 interception season on his resume, and deion sanders made a good point about how there's no telling how wentz will rebound, not to mention the extreme pressure he'll be under for the rest of his career

So what ?

Well, they traded a 3rd and 4th to move up in the draft to select Wentz 2nd overall.

Seeing that Wentz is currently injured, a career journeyman just won an owl with his team, and he will soon want the kind of $ that a number 2 overall QB commands, I'd say that the market for Wentz isn't as hot as some of the anons on here imagine it is.

One MVP-caliber season is not worth the top half of three consecutive drafts. Would you give the same haul for Scam Newton? I sure fucking hope not.

Wentz is the future, foles is still under contract he will start next season untill wentz is ready.

i hate to break it to you buddy, but most teams would give up 2 first round picks for cam newton, as much as Sup Forums would laugh at the idea
remember that the vikings gave up a first for sam bradford. cam is much better than he is

>most teams would give up 2 first round picks for cam newton
don't know about most.

someone might. maybe. and the odds grow slimmer w/ each passing year.

What if Foles go 8-0 with 350 yards/game average ?

>most teams would give up 2 first round picks
Yeeeeah no. Maybe 5-6 teams would even consider that. What I know for sure is no fucking team is going to trade away essentially their next 3 drafts for a relatively unproven QB whose team just won a Super Bowl without him.

Agreed. Is it pleb day on here. Two 1st rounders on rookie contracts are insanely valuable in today's league.

Superstars are more often than not a meme in the NFL.

(especially guys who can't be entirely trusted making $20mil a year)

Wentz is the future Eagles QB. Everyone knows it, the organization knows it, The fans know it, Foles and Wentz know it.

Yes Wentz recaptured his BEWD form from 2013 and won Owl MVP but everyone also remembers the sudden cliff he fell off the next year.

If the Eagles can’t get a high 1st rounder for him the keep him just in case Wentz goes down again and to keep the heat on Carson.

>If the Eagles can’t get a high 1st rounder for him
kek at anyone thinking it's even a possibility that anyone is giving up a high 1st rounder for Nick Foles.

INSANE

Underrated Post.

>remember that the vikings gave up a first for sam bradford.

Carson Wentz probably.

they were behind the 8ball because of TB's injury, and thought they had a team to win now. Exceptional situation.

Look at the actual market. Garoppolo fetched a 2nd rounder, and he was/is more coveted than Foles.

>Garoppolo fetched a 2nd rounder
so imagine what it would have been had he played a near perfect game in a super bowl instead of watching it from the sidelines

>Look at the actual market.
Exactly. Are these just Eagles homers or total plebs? What is the ACTUAL market? Jets, Browns and Broncos.

Cousins is (probably) going to be on the open market and the Jets have all the caproom in the world, and the Browns have all the picks in the world.

o think Elway is coughing up a high 1st rounder for Nick Foles? PUHleeze.

That leaves the Jets or Browns after things shake out with Cousins.

There is no reason anyone would or would need to cough up a high 1st rounder for Foles. Might not even command a 2nd round pick itbqh.

>so imagine what it would have been had he played a near perfect game in a super bowl instead of watching it from the sidelines
One game doesn't matter to NFL GMs user. They're not starry eyed fans.

Vikings TE coach also vouched for and had a hard on for Bradford

Norv Turner needed a QB for his offense or he would walk, which ended up happening anyways

To be fair, everyone was (and is) confused as fuck that Garoppolo only went for a second rounder.

I say this as a niners fan happy to have him, but the chatter was entirely about that the Browns were offering more in the offseason. I have no idea why they didn't get more for him, unless darth hoodie was being nice to the boy, or deliberately an ass to Brady/Kraft.

Needed insurance in case Brady shit the bed or got injured is all

You ain't that bright are you

>or deliberately an ass to Brady/Kraft.
that story was bullshit fake news

Why do people just assume there are teams willing to throw around 1st round picks like that?

Alex Smith just got traded for a 3rd and a CB.

The reality is there are VERY few players in the league period who teams are willing to give up a 1st to trade for.

riveting non-argument

I'm not saying it's true, it's just the trade doesn't make much sense. Browns have outright stated they'd have given up more for him.

Whoever thinks there Foles should stay over Wentz needs to be gassed. Stop playing video games and use your head. Thank God you're not a GM because that's the dumbest fucking shit I've ever hear. Please stop posting and take a walk.

>Browns have outright stated they'd have given up more for him.

Yet they didn't when it came time...makes a world of sense

>Browns have outright stated they'd have given up more for him.
yeah, apparently BB didn't want to do that to JG.

>reddit mask
are you a fan of the vikings, the falcons, or the patriots, friend

>The reality is there are VERY few players in the league period who teams are willing to give up a 1st to trade for.
This. Fans don't think like GMs. In the words of Marvin Haggler, "It's hard to get up and do roadwork when you're sleeping on silk sheets".

In real life, young hungry talent on rookie deals are simply worth more than established names.

Isn't the whole point of a back up quarter back to have a strong alternative in case of injuries? Why would the Eagles get rid of either Wentz or Foles?

>Carson won't be back until halfway through next season
here's your (You), brainlet

>Why would the Eagles get rid of either Wentz or Foles

Because this isn't the 80s or 90s anymore where good players are willing to sit on the bench behind stars for a decade like Steve Young did. Both Foles and Wentz can start and want to play. Garroppolo could have waited out the Brady dynasty but he wanted to play even if it meant playing for a shit team.

also most teams believe they can "coach up" "their guy" they get in the 1st round

there is no shortage of athletes in the first round and if you're willing to overlook a character flaw or two you can get a blue chip talent in the later part of the first

There hasn't been a good first round QB since 2011. Coaching "up" is a meme.

no go die.

>There hasn't been a good first round QB since 2011. Coaching "up" is a meme.
Jared Goff and Sean McVay disagree with this post.

>Coaching "up" is a meme.

Well first off NFL coaching staffs don't think so

Also it's not, what kind of coaching do you think is provided to college athletes? You think Khalil Mack gets Nick Saban level coaching at Buffalo for 3 years before the draft? Hell no, same with the other 100+ NCAA Div. 1 programs with a shit budget

>t.

>first overall QB
>one year with Fisher
>shit
>one year with McVay
>leads team to first division title in forever