Why did Catelyn Stark go to Renely's camp and not Stannis'? Stannis was the rightful king, Ned supported him

Why did Catelyn Stark go to Renely's camp and not Stannis'? Stannis was the rightful king, Ned supported him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OM8FoVeKQVs
youtube.com/watch?v=9c-ZxuWhhCw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who let you out of your containment thread?

Good question

Renly had the army.
She went to present an alliance against the Lannisters, not swear fealty to a new Baratheon king.

Because stannis already said he wouldn't support an independent North.

>this
Stannis was a hardass. You could negotiate with Renly at least since he had a very open ass.

>Catelyn
>Giving a shit what Ned thinks

Bitch ran that dudes life up until his head came off. She did what she thought was smartest, which was court the bigger force.

no one fucking liked Stannis or wanted to deal with him and his autism

Why did Catelyn feel like she had any right in releasing Jaime when she had no diplomatic power whatsoever? It has to be the most retarded decision in the novels so far.

But Daenerys is the rightful Queen. Sure, she is an annpying bitch, but she is the true queen, since Bastards don't heir

Because it was looking like he might be killed through the night like his cousins were.

Allegedly, more propaganda from Stannis the king of cucks.

This. Everyone ignores that he's been burning people alive since season 2.

Stannis is autism extraordinaire. Nobody likes him. Renly was reasonable, had an army and wasn't calling Robb a traitor.

Doing whatever she wants regardless of whether she has any power/right to do it is kind of Catelyn's whole shtick.

In the books it makes a bit more sense, Catelyn is kind of going crazy at this point.

Her Father is dying, Ned dead and she thinks that Arya is dead and she has just been told that Brand and Rickon have been butchered by Theon Greyjoy.

She wants Sansa back because she doesn't want any more of her children to die (this is dumb I'll admit as Sansa is easily the most useless Stark kid)

But yeah Catelyn does a lot of things in the books without thinking of the consequences.

almost like she is a woman

Have fun trying to convince stannis of doing anything you fucking pleb

youtu.be/OM8FoVeKQVs

>You could negotiate with Renly at least since he had a very open ass.
urm no he literally said he'll crush the north if her son doesnt give up his crown when hes finished with the lannisters

After they talked, sure. but the north had no way to know that without actually talking to him.

How the hell did she ever run his life? She tried to control him all the time and he basically said fuck off. Especially with Jon

what im saying is that people overrate Renly's openess hes as hardheaded as his brothers

Well he was willing to negotiate with Ned in King's Landing to secure the royal family.

what you mean saying "DUDE LETS GET THE KIDS AND THEN CROWN ME." yeah totally not in it for himself. Thats not negotiating with Ned

I mean that Stannis would of just did it, he wouldn't of sat around trying to convince Ned to help him. Stannis never sways from what he believes should be done. Renly does

Robert is the true steel
Stannis is Iron, he'll break before he bends
Renly is copper, shiny, but not worth that much at the end of the day

i really like that quote but i think by adwd its not as true anymore the whole cart before the horse thing

Ultimately Renly was too soft to be the king AND eventually him being a faggot would come out(hell most people already believed he was) and that would have caused some serious hell for his reign.

Why is breinne a force ghost?

in the book hes an alpha chad even though hes a fag for some reason d&d thought because hes a fag he has to be a sissy

Haven't read ADWD in a bit. Whats the horse and cart thing?

To be honest I think Renly would of been an alright king. The fact he was able to bring the entirety of Highgarden and Marcher Lords to support him as king when he was clearly a usurper shows how loved he was. And I don't think him to be cruel or evil in any way. He would of been vastly better than Cersei for sure.

Also as long as he eventually got Marg with child that would of silenced most people's issues with his homosexuality.

I still think Stannis is what the realm needs currently though. He'd root out all corruption with a seething hatred. And there's alot of it currently. And he's also the rightful king

>marcher lords
because he looked like robert and was a partyboy like him. The guy was Robert mk2 for all intents and purposes.

>highgarden
because he and loras were boning and he married margery.

There are very specific laws of inheritance and titles in ASOIAF. It's not as easy as "he looks like robert" when he has an elder brother.

And yea he married marg, but he had to actually get them to agree to marriage pact. This wasn't just a 1 second ordeal with no thoughts behind it

Stannis was an evil man and he deserved to die.

Show Stannis yes, book Stannis no

At that point Stannis' army was just whatever the Narrow Sea lords could scrape up from their shitty islands. Renly, otoh, had the combined armies of the Stormlands and the Reach.

On top of that, Renly had a reputation of being friendly and reasonable, while Stannis had a reputation of being a raging autist.

And Stannis is an incredibly unpopular man that is far away from king's landing. Renly has been attending tournaments, being a bro and has been winning over people with charisma. When I say he is like robert, I mean it. Robert was an incredibly charismatic character when he was younger and fitter, and renly for all intents and purposes is exactly that. Ned thinks he looks like a young robert.

Several marcher lords happily went over to Robert instead of Aerys Targ because of his nature.

Renly has been in contact with the tyrells for quite some time since he already wanted to plant Margery as the new queen, meaning that he and the tyrells already had some kind of deal worked out with the tyrells. When robert died and the civil war started it didn't take long for Renly to stake his claim. Stannis was in an island off the coast, Renly was home with the marcher lords to rally them, and had his tyrell contacts to solidify his alliance with, and he did it by marrying margery.

Ok? Are you implying I don't agree with you? This all shows how well loved he was

Book stannis still murders his brother using the witch's magic. Stannis was a fucking loser controlled by a witch. Get over it.

Don't forget that Renly was widely loved and respected by his people, whereas Stannis was only respected, not loved

Also Renly's extremely slow and lavish march on King's Landing was actually a fucking genius tactic

If it weren't for Shadowbabby, Renly would have smashed Stannis and then fucking obliterated King's Landing (assuming it would even still be standing by the time he got there) and the War of Five Kings would have been over extremely quickly, with Renly on the Iron Throne and Robb as the King in the North, with a strong, secure, and mutually beneficial alliance

Stannis fucked everything up. If he truly cared about what was best for the realm, he would have relinquished his claim to the throne and let Renly have it. Shit, Stannis would make an excellent Hand.

In the show maybe, but not in the books. Stannis makes a veiled reference about Renly's sexuality and Loras hints at it after Renly's death, but that's it. It's not common knowledge like it was on the show.

As far as most people knew, Renly was a tall, muscular alpha who liked to party and got on well with pretty much everyone.

yes, and people will choose the charismatic guy with a somewhat shaky claim over an utter autist who has a "right", as happened with Bobby and Aerys.

and his brother was a ungrateful usurper with no actual reason to usurp like Robert had. Some say that's traitor-tier

>(hell most people already believed he was)

"It's been 6 years since the show came out and I still haven't read the books": the post

To be fair most of the books are pretty bad.

>no actual reason to usurp

He'd be a better king than Stannis, and unlike Stannis still has a chance to produce a male heir

They're fine
Especially in comparison to the show

this is the television board

To be fair, the show has a much higher percentage of "bad parts" than the books

Stannis would have made a good Master of Laws, I think, but Renly would have been poisoned or otherwise usurped within months of sitting the throne.

You faggots literally have one of the only generals on this board. Why the fuck can't you stay in it?

buttsex with loras doesn't produce babies.
And he would not be a better king than stannis but more like a robert : Tyrell edition.

That's a horrible fucking reason to be a usurper

>Renly would have been poisoned or otherwise usurped within months of sitting the throne.

And what makes you think that?

Renly was extremely good at politics. Better than Robert.

Renly would easily last much longer than Robert did

cause she's a dumb bitch

>buttsex with loras doesn't produce babies

You do know that gay men still have viable sperm, right? He could still impregnate Margaery.

Shit, gay people have kids all the time - just ask your father

>Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.

Heres grrm going abit into aswell
youtube.com/watch?v=9c-ZxuWhhCw

i wish there was more colour in the costumes