Not pushing the Death Star into the sun

>not pushing the Death Star into the sun

A: that destroyer was only able to be pushed because they hit it with Ion torpedos which disabled it.
B: They could never get close enough to the death star to hit it with the torpedos..
C: It'd take a fuck-ton of them to disable the death star
D: It'd probably take 100+ hammerheads to move the death star once it was disabled
E: In that particular scenario, it'd be easier to just knock it into the Scariff'sorbit and watch it crash planet-side.

>people complaining about how this scene was retarded
>actually more physically plausible than virtually any other space tactic performed in the entire star wars saga.

>not having this ship being piloted by a hammerhead alien
Is Lucas losing his touch?

Lets say that death star was orbiting the earth. It would take about 21.300m/s of delta-v (a*t) to slow an object down to a solar free fall from low earth orbit. If the death star is about the size of a moon it would be impossible for a shit tier rebel space ship built by sandniggers to slow it down. So no, you couldnt just push it into a star.

Why didn't they just hit the Death Star with the Hammerhead and then jump to light speed?

>Take meteor into hyper space
>Release it at near light speed
>Rip Death Star

Actually lets just throw hundreds of our own men and limited resources at it

If the whole galaxy has access to FTL tech, how come there aren't crazy mudslimes chucking rocks at a fraction of lightspeed toward every shithole they have a beef with?

Oh, right. Because Star Wars it fucking stupid space fantasy shit.

This trying-to-bring-accuracy-to-Star-Wars needs to stop.

>not pausing your vhs tape at every weird alien in the background scene and drawing it.

Not with that attitude

Couldn't you just fling a bunch of asteroids at the Death Star

In a realist universe, yes. In fact, chucking small rocks at relativistic speeds is the cheapest, easiest way to basically annihilate anything, if you have a means to accelerate said rocks

But SW is a universe where people with FTL technology fight with laser swords and telekinetic powers. "Rules" vis a vis reality need to give way to "rules" vis a vis the universe of Star Wars, which is not Newtonian in any way.

they must also have some kind of inertia canceling technology in star wars as well. otherwise everyone would be turned into a greasy smear everytime they jumped to lightspeed.

apparently it's "gravity deck plating"

like most SW "technology" it's made-up by some book autist who realized SW sucks when it comes to acknowledging reality, and needed to cover

About as plausible as an ant pushing an elephant

in SW they don't to or beyond lightspeed, they shift into a special dimension that bridges the distances

thats Hyperspace

t. SW autist

they still regularly ignore things like inertia whenever it is convenient

this is because it is a fantasy costume drama, not a gritty hard sci-fi

t. autist

just saying theres no FTL
regarding inertia, see above, bullshit gravity generator magic

but yeah SW is not scifi, its space fantasy

>there's no FTL
come on. yes, you're an autist, but if they use a ship with technology to get from one point on a map to another point on a map faster than light could get them there... it's ftl.

well okay it IS faster than lightspeed technically

the fast travel was originally referred to as just "light speed."

because george lucas didn't understand enough about physics to understand that light did not travel instantly

he also confused "galaxy" with "solar system."

>he also confused "galaxy" with "solar system."
kek, i like the idea that all this shit occurred in some other galaxy. makes it more believable desu.

You're retarded, aren't you?

WE SHOULD TAKE THE STAR DESTROYER AND PUSH IT SOME PLACE ELSE

I just want an ending where they show early Earth seeding

Are you stupid, it's in space, a ship half the size could still push it, an ant with ant size jets could push an elephant in space when there's no counter resistance

>Not bringing your own Death Star to fight the enemy Death star

BASED user

you must be trolling

>he also confused "galaxy" with "solar system."
no he didn't. star wars has always been comprised of many habitable solar systems within one far away galaxy. Jaba the Hutt refers to solar systems as "systems" in A New Hope.

>what is mass

jabba wasn't in a new hope

He was. Initially he looked like a guy in a fur vest. Then his scene was cut. And later they found that footage and digitally added CGI Jabba.

Except the forces needed to move the larger ship in that amount of time at that distance traveled would actually make the smaller ship pierce into the larger ship like an arrow or smoosh it like a fucking bug on the window and still not move the larger ship much at all. That's even if both ships had full shields going.

Star Wars is complete fantasy, but it takes itself too seriously. I'm glad I no longer watch these shit piles.

I wonder if there's beer there.

Then why won't NASA push Earth closer to Mars

This scene actually makes sense in the context of the movie.

I bet you believe you get into orbit by going straight upwards as well

Earth rotates. It does move a bit everytime there's an earthquake though

>implying you don't
what are you some idiot

you just go high enough so you don't fall down, that's where all the satellites and ISS is

He literally is you stupid prick.

Initially that scene was cut.

EVERYTHING IS WEIGHTLESS IN SPACE FAGGOT

fpbp

The amount of force/energy to do so would be astronomical. It can theoretically be done, just not in practice.

That would solve global warming too. Let's do it.

>THIS SCENE IS SO FUCKING RETARDED LMAO

The point is that the scene proves Lucas knew the difference between a solar system and a galaxy from the start.

> A thug boat could push a tanker fast enough to slice another tanker in two like a katana

It doesn't, considering how many times he was told to completely rewrite the script.

>thug boat

Also without friction it could, assuming enough time to accelerate and enough fuel

what would happen if you pushed -1000C sun into +1000C sun?

yeah but a tug boat can't accelerate beyond a certain even though there's no friction. You run out of engine power / gears etc

>slice another tanker in two like a katana
That's not what happened though. Watch the scene again. All it does it demolish the tactical and command parts of the ship. The hull takes basically no damage.

Also a tugboat isn't powered by rocket thrusters and is limited by hydrodynamics. There's no friction in space, and I assume rocket thrusters in space create significantly more acceleration force than propellers in water.

>which disabled it

That doesn't change the fact that it's tens of millions of tons of mass

Absence of gravity doesn't mean absence of inertia

0C sun obviously

Who else is stoked for Rogue Two: How They Got The Plans To The Other Death Star

Many Bothans will die

see:

Rogue Two is the dude who found Luke and Han when they went missing on Hoth.

>star destroyer not jumping to hyperspeed in that situation

>a couple thousand tons vs. tens of millions of tons

>altering course over the course of many hours vs. basically instant change in trajectory

>gradually turning something over a distance of up to a mile vs. abruptly pushing something at speed on a course directly perpendicular to its original course

You're going to say something like "but muh water" now but it won't help.

>disabled and the planet's gravity is pulling him downwards
>DUDE LETS JUMP INTO HYPERSPACE LMAO

i meant the other star destroyer

You guys do realize you're arguing about the physics of a show about space wizards who fight with laser swords.

Just sayin'.

doesn't it like take a while to plot a course before jumping.

I mean they can Yolo it but they would probably jump into a star or I bet the empire has systems in place preventing them from fleeing a battle or going AWOL

They're plasma swords actually.

What about that ugly doctor who had the death sentence in 12 systems?

Yeah its a risk but when another star destoyer is about to cut yours in half you might as well.

Also Cassian skipped the calculations when Jedda got blown up and they escaped

Why didn't the Death Star just have like 9 or 10 of those planet shield things around it? Have them constantly orbit it so the opening is never in the same place, and to make it more difficult to fly in and get through each of the gates. The whole concept of having a planet sized shield but not putting at least one around the Death Star made absolutely no sense to me

>a couple thousand tons vs. tens of millions of tons
propeller vs rocket thrusters
the hammerhead is considerably more massive than the tugboat, just like how the star destroyer is considerably more massive than the cargo ship. also how the fuck do you know how much a star destroyer weighs? lmao
>altering course over the course of many hours vs. basically instant change in trajectory
rocket thrusters + no friction =/= propellers + hydrodynamics
>gradually turning something over a distance of up to a mile vs. abruptly pushing something at speed on a course directly perpendicular to its original course
they pushed the star destroyer for multiple miles, and it wasn't that abrupt. the time scale in movies isn't 1:1 to the length of the movie, you fucking dunce.

Cringe

There are so many problems with the idea of a planet-sized force field it's not even funny. But it made the space battle cool which is all that matters.

The Death Star II does have a shield. They learned from past mistakes.

Does Rogue One release tomorrow?

Right, the generator for which was on some moon crawling with dumb-fuck teddy bears. Why not just have it on the Death Star itself like they did on Scarif? the whole idea of it really triggered my autism

Granted, and desu it did make the whole space sequence a bit more dramatic having something to fight over rather than lets just shoot at each other in space but still.

The difference is that tugboats are trying to move the cargo ship carefully.

A tug could quickly ram a cargo ship into another cargo ship to cause damage if they wanted to. It wouldn't cause as much damage as they did to the star destroyer because in water you have to deal with friction and low powered acceleration.

I'm not going to get into a greentext list argument with you. Look at this webm

The star destroyer is disabled, sure, but it still has whatever velocity it had before being disabled. It's moving forward, from its point of view. The tug comes in at 90 degrees from the left and the star destroyer immediately arrests its forward momentum and moves rapidly sideways into the other star destroyer. A basic understanding of vectors is all you need to see how ludicrous this is.

That's not even touching on idea like how would the tug not be crushed between its own thrusters and the mass of not one but two star destroyers, or how you get a perpendicular sideways movement by pushing the front instead of the center mass.

They didn't realize it was happening until it was already happening.

>A tug could quickly ram a cargo ship into another cargo ship to cause damage if they wanted to.

They'd adjust the course of the cargo ship by a couple of degrees and explode.

Find a heavy piece of furniture. Grab a hold of it and then apply a consistent force to it, pushing it forwards. It moves, and continues to move for as long as you're applying a force to it, provided you're not some babyfaggot numale. Then take a few steps backwards, run forwards and throw your shoulder into the side of it. It might move a bit, and you'll hurt your shoulder. This is called "kinetics".

>The tug comes in at 90 degrees from the left
That's clearly not 90 degrees.
>the star destroyer immediately arrests its forward momentum
No, it continues moving forward slowly even after it hits the 2nd destroyer. It was barely moving initially anyway.
>how would the tug not be crushed between its own thrusters and the mass of not one but two star destroyers
A strong hull specifically designed for the purpose of pushing other ships. Also, the hammerhead WAS destroyed following the 2nd collision.

>It moves, and continues to move for as long as you're applying a force to it
Wow, so just like in the movie!

Doesn't matter if it could happen. It's retarded, fanfiction tier writing. If the rebels rammed their main batteship into the destroyers, then it could be better.

What happened was blatantly stupid, a few missiles disabling a destroyer? Then a small ship pushing it into another? Fuck off

why didnt the mynocks just fly the falcon to bespin

>a few missiles disabling a destroyer?
Ion torpedoes, actually.

Just like in Empire Strikes Back when they disabled a Star Destroyer with an Ion Cannon from the surface of Hoth.

Nice original design, Disney.

Have they even created anything new ever since they took over or have they just used every design they could find in the EU and scrapped McQuarrie concept arts?

To be fair everyone complained when the prequels didn't look like the old star wars. So now it looks like the old star wars.

I'm still mad about this CGI shite

I don't give a fuck what they're called, if a small bomber can disable a star destroyer it's overpowered. The Ion Cannon was a little better, as it's probably a huge building but it still didn't sit 100% with me.

Tell me, why do the rebels bother with lasers if imperial ships are so vulnerable to simple collisions? Wouldn't unmanned kamikaze ships completely wreck their entire fleet?

Disney:
>recycles stories from the OT and Dark Forces
>literally reboots the Empire and Rebellion
>the only other era they'll explore is the original Empire vs Rebellion
>rips off ship and planet designs from EU and McQuarrie
>somehow still make billions of dollars
>there are people on this board who think they're doing an amazing job

Except that design in the OP pic is from a video game.

Also, the prequels (including TPM) had plenty of ships that didn't look out of place in the SW universe, like pic related or Darth Maul's ship.

That's also basically a yacht owned by a royal family. It's not like a US Navy Destroyer is going to look anything like the yachts shieks have in the Persian Gulf.

Prequels had ARC fighters, Venators/Acclamators, Jedi starfighters and V-Wings, as well as AT-TEs and AT-RTs which all had clear resemblance to the OT designs but were changed more than enough to still be different.

Disney is just copy/pasting old designs because they're retarded and lack any creativity.

Yeah but, it just sucks.

>Thumbnail looks like Jesus on the cross

K I N O
I
N
O

F: Reddit

did any autist write a PhD on religious symbols in the prequels yet?

These

>Prequels had ARC fighters, Venators/Acclamators, Jedi starfighters and V-Wings, as well as AT-TEs and AT-RTs which all had clear resemblance to the OT designs but were changed more than enough to still be different.

Exactly, they looked like ancestors of the ships and vehicles from the OT, which they are supposed to be.
In TFA they pretty much just took the exact same designs and just swapped the colours. Oh and they made the TIE a 2-seater because the plot required it.

I liked how Thrawn collected a hundreds of asteroids, gave them all cloaking devices and left them all above Coruscant so no one could leave or go to the planet for a couple months.

Wouldn't inertia mean that the Star Destroyer continues to fly forward so moving its tip towards the shield gate and maybe even the planets gravity would enhance the Hammerheads actions?