Why do Europeans hate freedom of speech?

Why do Europeans hate freedom of speech?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial#/media/File:Holocaust_Denial_Crime_2016.gif
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Nazi_Party
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_USA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do Americans generalize all Europeans by refering to them as 'Europeans' and not the specific nationality?

Americans can't handle dealing with more than two distinct things at once.

>Europe is one person

That's not true

It's the french branch of liberalism, that bans everything that goes against ideology of the rulers.

But the European in the pic is doing the same.

Why go Europeans generalize all Americans as generalizing all Europeans when they do the same?

haha stupid americans, being able to say stuff without getting arrested and whatnot

>Why go Europeans generalize all Americans
Because you all live in one country, no?

Technically, but each state is sort of like it's own country.

Not true.

Oh, cmon. Your inner structure is completely irrelevant to outsiders. Russia consist of 85 subjects, but it's still just one country.

>kikebook policy = countries laws
your logic in a nutshell
wonder where the faggot who owns it comes from?

Because Europeans genuinely do not want liberty or democracy. We are fanatical collectivists and authoritarians; you either think like everyone else or you'll be forced to.

Freedom of speech exists for us solely for virtue signalling, not protection of dissidents. The most ironic thing is that they think they're better than you because of it.
>I'm more free than you, I don't have to listen to dissenting opinions like you barbaric Americans
Orwell described it pretty accurately with his definition of doublethink.

Except France didn't make inciting hatred illegal until 1972, you fucking retard.

wew you still here? at least change your cliches, school shooter wannabe

Who is he and why are you mad at him? He seems like a reasonable guy.

>this triggers the european leftists

HAHAHA HOLY SHIT

autistic finn from another thread, supporting giving free access to guns to mentally ill people like paranoid allucinating schizoniggers because muh freedom
you will be great friends

He disagreed with me in this thread:
He's the type that doesn't think very much of personal liberties.

Freedom of speech is when you actually know that you are talking about. That's why they aren't full of raging fluidgender feminazis or alt-right wings retard.

>your logic in a nutshell
Let me put it to you like this:
In most of Europe, even implying that the Holocaust did not kill the exact number of Jews you're "supposed" to believe lands you in jail.
In America, there's a LITERAL Nazi Party as well as a LITERAL Communist Party running for the elections. They never get enough votes for a seat, but they're allowed to organize and advertise themselves.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial#/media/File:Holocaust_Denial_Crime_2016.gif
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Nazi_Party
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_USA

This is what freedom looks like: retards are free to have their retarded ideas, and intelligent people are free to point out to everyone else how retarded these people are. Meanwhile, in Europe, our politicians pursue a policy of censorship and newspeak highly comparable to that of Nazi Germany while claiming this is neccessary to prevent another Nazi Germany. Remember that Hitler's power did not come purely from his ability to convince others, but also (perhaps mostly) from his ability to silence all dissenters and destroy everything he deemed "degenerate".

>extreme
QED, the use of "extreme" or "extremist" by the media is newspeak pur sang.

mh? we freely buy mussolini gadgets here, and there is more than one fascism apoligizers party. there are technically laws against it but never enforced
plenty of people from standard parties also will admit having simpaty for fascist ideas and will discuss accordingly
i dont really understand what you talk about, but can only speak for my country

>there are technically laws [..] but never enforced
>flag
Not even surprised.

Doesn't change the fact that Holocaust denial is illegal while Americans can organize entire parties and publish book after book on exactly that subject (for now at least).

I CAN speak on your country as long as I base myself on objective facts, such as their legal codes. If I say something like "all Italians are douchenozzles", not living in Italy really undermines my argument. But if I say "the law in Italy is X or Y" and can point to an objective source, I could live on the moon and still be right.

Didn't Geert Wilders get a significant percentage of the vote despite losing?

Americans actually think all of Europe is identical. They think the nations are more or less comparable to their states.
Bear in mind that less than 40% of these people own passports.

Yeah, second largest party actually. He only "lost" in the sense that every other party except some meme party with 3 seats refused to cooperate with him. Our "democracy", ladies and gentlemen.

We had a similar case here some time ago with Halla-Aho. It's like little fucking children at the playground, kicking and screaming how they don't want to play with some other kid. Fucking disgraceful.

California's GDP is just barely smaller than the UK's. It also has a unique culture. So it is more or less comparable.

No, it isn't.

>It also has a unique culture
hahahaha

>It's like little fucking children at the playground, kicking and screaming how they don't want to play with some other kid.
The conservative candidate, or everyone?

lel. the only children kicking and screaming in that scenario were the neo-nazis who refused to believe no one wanted to partner up with the creepy school shooter equivalent of a political party.

they're so butthurt the people who left after halla-aho and cronies took over are still getting death threats.

I guess the chad of political parties is the one that lets non-finns take over your country, right?

How does it not? People all around the world seek to copy it.

It's actually true, but it is NOT a good thing

learning a bit of the history of this place has helped me learn why it's so fucked up, it's always been a special kind of fucked up

californian culture is not different from the rest of usa

>it's always been a special kind of fucked up
explain. didn't they used to have miscegenation laws?

>alabama and california have the same culture

they do. perhaps you've never experienced cultural shocks

Yeah, things were based when there was almost nobody here, but we've been a multikulti monstrosity since the gold rush which was 2 years after we became part of the US

I don't see how it's possible to believe this

As a legalbro I don't think holocaust denial is illegal per se here.

It's only illegal if your doing it with the intention to insult jews.

And you can be punished for insulting anyone in the Netherlands, if that person reports you to the police. The police never acts out of itself on insults.

>be European individual
>can't disagree with the state's official opinions

Why is this good?

The Dutch Prime Minister said holocaust denial is fine.

The number 1 and 2 party claim that they want speech to only be punishable if you incite violence.

But I don't see it happening within the EU, as the EU has all kinds of case law demanding governments to protect minorities against bad words.

Because USA is a single culture state and it even looks the same everywhere.

>And you can be punished for insulting anyone in the Netherlands, if that person reports you to the police.

USA projects itself to the world as a single culture state, and it is becoming more homogenized, but different states were settled by different kinds of people specifically so they didn't have to live with eachother and could have different laws and different cultural practices. Pennsylvania isn't Texas isn't Utah.

Blame the democrats for that slowly dying, they don't believe in state rights and think coastal California should bleed out into everywhere

>it's another 'euros genuinely believe all us states are alike' thread

You will just get fined though. Unless you insult the King. Then you can expect to spend a month in prison.

Although the last person arrested for it was put in a mental ward for the rest of his life, until he got declared sane in appeal after 2 years.

>sadfrog hand over mouth
jesus

What's wrong with naming files so you can find them easily?

The maximum punishment for insulting the King is 5 years in prison.
And the King doesn't even give a fuck about insults.
It's just overzealous prosecutors and judges (that got appointed by the King).

>I don't see how it's possible to believe this
By seeing the world. America's culture is so homogenous it doesn't in any way compare to Europe or Asia.

Every single one of you is an obese, ignorant, 45% white mutt. Literally the only differences are your accents, some laws and the climate. Please, please kill yourselves.
Sincerely, the rest of the world.

false

>Euros falling back on the “we’re different meme when called out”
This is like when kotaku does when called bloggers vs journalists. The euro hive mind cannot understand any other means of discourse.

All they will be able to respond to this post with is their pre programed face meme too.

That's because Dutch laws do indeed wildly differ.

Germans literally censor Dutch politicians on their internet.

“My nation is completely different! We require you 3 signatures on a form instead of two!” T. Countrylet