/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: Do you adhere to that notion that short films aren't films or whatever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zZKp_jFxQJc
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/robertopancake/
collider.com/mission-impossible-6-stunt-tom-cruise/
letterboxd.com/1minutefriends/
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=18924515321128044285
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/brenx923/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WHAT'S UP FAGS

*farts*

fuck movies

what's the best advertisement (video) you've seen

youtube.com/watch?v=zZKp_jFxQJc

Why is /lbg/ the only thread with smart discussion about cinema on Sup Forums?

It doesn't.

the eiger sanction

what an awful movie

I'm feeling harder and harder to live without cock daily. I just love it

I know that feel bro

letterboxd.com/machill54/

bleep bloop
who #blessed here???

wahoo!!!!!!!!!

On /who/ an user would cut off his own penis to save a Chinese baby.

agreed

tfw forgot pic

Expected from a bunch of fags from a leddit general

letterboxd.com/robertopancake/

End (1992) had a very powerful ending.

O-Bi, O-Ba is one of my favorite movies now. If any of you like Stalker or Bergman, you should check it out. I have a review with my full thoughts if you wanna check it out.

Alice is pretty much exactly what you'd expect from Švankmajer. Exceptional stop-motion, but I'm not entirely convinced he can keep a narrative going for 90 min.

Previous thread:

Kill yourself

who the fuck names themself roberto pancake

me

Roberto Pancake

o bi o ba is great, i liked how it portrayed art in a post apocalyptic setting, with the rich people having peasants sing for them and such

>"After the Burj Khalifa we thought it was going to be impossible to top that stunt, and then Tom did the A400M for the plane. What Tom is doing in this movie I believe will top anything that’s come before. It is absolutely unbelievable—he’s been training for a year. It is going to be, I believe, the most impressive and unbelievable thing that Tom Cruise has done in a movie, and he has been working on it since right after ROGUE NATION came out. It’s gonna be mind-blowing."

collider.com/mission-impossible-6-stunt-tom-cruise/

the absolute mad man

Have you seen Golem? I thought it was pretty good.

The grimy aesthetic and wandering camera reminded me of Hard to be a God. I enjoyed the class struggle elements and even the futility of political ideology, but I particularly loved the questions of the purpose of faith that it raised. Very big ideas, but it all seemed so tangible and grounded.

No, but I'll check it out. Thanks for the rec.

>Hard to be a God
God doesn't fucking exist, retarded faggot

*fips cabora*

But faith exists. And that can be just as powerful.

t. bergman

Is it good or just a meme?

It's another sad meme 'recovery' by vulgar autists.

and who are you?

there's one good Ridley Scott picture and this is not it.

His brother, Tony, did three masterpieces in his late career. I recommend checking them out.

>there's one good Ridley Scott picture and this is not it.
lies
>His brother, Tony, did three masterpieces in his late career
Laughable lies

I had The Last Boy Scout on my HDD for a year and started watching it many times before turning it off within the first ten minutes. I eventually realized I was never going to watch it and deleted it. I remember thinking Domino looked interesting when I saw the trailers, but someone in another thread said it was garbage, so I think I'll take their word on that. As someone else said when I was telling them this, there's so many other things to watch, why would you watch Tony Scott movies?

I actually just wrote an article on TAGD and Cries and Whispers

>that scene in the boat hull, when Minus leaves and looks out the window

letterboxd.com/1minutefriends/
I never use letterboxd and haven't been on for months, but I updated it for you guys.

I haven't seen Cries and Whispers yet, but I'd love to read your article

>why would you watch Tony Scott movies?
because they're great?

But they aren't.

A good argument, otherwise

Until I manage to actually finish one, I'll have to take your word for it.

I just sent it in to be published in our club's print journal so their might be a couple typos, but here's the article:
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=18924515321128044285

I talk about TAGD and Cries and Whispers mostly, but also one image from The Silence, pic related is that image that is gonna accompany it in the actual print journal.

What's TAGD?

fuck you

Still reading, but this is a very well put together article and you're really distilling the things I like about Bergman. Thanks for sharing.

Through a Glass Darkly

They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

thanks user, it was fun to write

They do. Fucking jews

i bet dropout_gorro and his pack of discord circle-jerk ass-clowns like to belly dance to "HEYEYEYE" while wearing pink underwear

You're disrespecting a f-future US Army soldier.

Thank you. Hope things go well for you.

>all friends are embryos

>mfw I am not there

>tfw i'm not there

>5th year in a row I unofficially beat the old Guinness Book of Records entry of most feature films in a calender year! 1457 features and 1295 short films in 2016 = a total of 2752 films seen. As I start 2017 I've rated 20,228.

>For 2017, I hope to explore both 1941 & 1942, along with anything that comes my way for years previously checked. That and whatever I feel like from 2015-2017, though I want to focus mostly on the classics this year.

>5th year in a row I unofficially beat the old Guinness Book of Records entry of most feature films in a calender year! 1457 features and 1295 short films in 2016 = a total of 2752 films seen. As I start 2017 I've rated 20,228.

>For 2017, I hope to explore both 1941 & 1942, along with anything that comes my way for years previously checked. That and whatever I feel like from 2015-2017, though I want to focus mostly on the classics this year.

i fantasize about this back in chicago
mercy mercy me that murcie la go

>GF went to party in Detroit.
>left me taking care of her kids.
>bored as fuck.
Recommend me some family friendly movies, Sup Forums, preferably comedies.

good posts dropout_gorro

4 (You)

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

no u

Is he the best Letterboxd user?

I can't make sense of it. Must be a meme account

letterboxd.com/brenx923/

psh.

I feel like this thread has the highest density of autists on the board. Is it because of the redditor infestation? Or is it one autist posting non-stop?

Shut up

Does PUNQ follow you, /lbg/?

What are you looking at, fuckface?

Yuck Fou

emley jean on ma arm so in2 me luvven me-me-me more than u!

Stop casting aspersions over users you know next to nothing about. Sally and I are great friends, anyone who has been browsing this general longer than 3 months will recollect that I said she was my fav new profile of 2016. A-S is a good guy and God only knows why he continues to give pointed and considered answers to the people that browse this retarded general; God knows why one of the few remaining interesting users attracts so much negativity. Also I wish he'd come back to the discord.

Lastly, link and I aren't even in the same discord anymore and the overlap of people we both talk to is getting smaller and smaller sadly.

So the fuck what, retard?

um, i'm banging an A list actress, duh!

You're so idiotic

You're so idiotic

Yes

Cool, me too. He follows so many people, I wonder how the people he /doesn't/ follow feel.

Good if they have a brain

I just saw a screening of Satantango today followed by a short Q&A with Bela Tarr. I really liked it. Has anyone else seen it? Tarr explained how the cat torture scene was done and that the cat wasn't hurt at all.

Sup, Sup Forums? I just got back from an early screening of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty starring Ben Stiller. Three words: hella f*cking epic.

I went with some friends and I don't think we went more than 10 seconds without standing up clapping. I mean what can I say about Ben Stiller that already hasn't? He's a cinematic genius.

The supporting cast holds their own though: it's got the incomparable Sean Penn, the lovely and talented Kristen Wiig and Adam Scott, the pundit from my favorite program Parks and Recreation.

This is, without a doubt, my favorite movie of the year (and arguably one of the greatest movies of all time) so I highly suggest you and some friends go out and see it when it comes out December 25, 2013.

wat an awful movie
what a great movie, an absolute masterpiece.

Should have asked the cat's opinion on the matter

Should have asked Walter Mitty's opinion on the matter