can we agree that this is pure kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ldkSV0gElxg
youtube.com/watch?v=M33oxfw7aS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah

thank you, sir.

apparently irl no one has seen it

Honestly, anything that Jude Law is in makes it automatically kino.

Ethan Hawke is the cherry on the top though.

>high school
>teacher decided to show a movie to us
>it's Gattaca
>movie ends
>girls are crying and the boys are in silence
>really great movie

ending spoilers:
> why does the real jeremy have to die
> this was not necessary

OP here, something like that for me.
biology teacher shower it to us and we were like amazed by it

It was ok.

Everyone has seen it.

Yeah, shame about that laser eye surgery

It's what he always wanted.

it is, it's part of the movie's metaphor.

and the soundtrack, just amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=ldkSV0gElxg

>Yeah, shame about that laser eye surgery
?

a technology that showed up like a couple years after release suddenly invalidates the big plot point, does not help it aging

He tried suicide once. He never recovered from the second place. He grew believing to be the best, he lost everything after finding out he was not.

Anton, Vincents brother has a swimming bath in his living room
Anton let Vincent win
Anton sabotages the police search for Vincent
by losing the race when they were kids Anton allows Vincent to believe he can overcome his genetic failings
Anton is the real hero in gattaca

film is sooo fucking deep

95% Success rate.

Theres a 5% chance of fucking your eyes up big time.

The laser eye surgery is not the panacea for every eye problem.

honestly i don't think so, otherwise movie like 2001 are pure shit because we surpassed a lot of stuff from then

NOT-FUCKING-TRUE

It holds up, for sure. It just isn't helped by the major plot point being related.

The entire film was about secondary characters adopting Jeromes dream, so they could succeed through him .... count the number of characters in the film who help jerome even though they have no reason to ... ;)

the piss guy in the end, the real hero

the fucking feels

youtube.com/watch?v=M33oxfw7aS0

I am You can only fix myopia. Laser surgery is really limited to fix hyperopia and astigmatism.

it's a narrative pretest, who cares about it, honestly.
i didn't even notice it

Leftie nu-male propaganda

>eugenics is bad kids, why would you want a pure race of superhumans if you can have Jamal fuck your wife and produce cute little niglets!
>you are ENTITLED to follow your dreams, conning people is okay as long as you feel justified!

Anton in the pool in his appartment 1:01:32

tis true senpi

kill yourself, that's not the point of the movie

Read It's not the cure for every eye-related problem.

i still don't believe it, he trained hard just to beat vincent

The movie happens in the world where people routinely lauch spaceships on trips like every day, you're saying people still couldn't fix fucking eyes?

go back to /pol, you redpill neckbeard-i-live-in-my-moms-basement

then lost again??

its Antons stoicism in letting Vincent believe he can overcome his genes that allows Vincent the belief to overcome his genes ... consider this line, remembering Anton to the other cop Vincent had no family ... and was probably dead already .. trying to throw him off track? defiantly not doing his job

yes he recognized vincent and tried to keep him away from the prison, but he didn't let vincent win on purpose

You don't understand the real meaning. There is a reason why Anton and Jerome were so affected after losing a swimming competition and this happened because it's an allegory to the fecundation.

the moment anton realizes jerome is too focused of genetic inferiority and hatches the plan to lose the first race

this is not a proof

>high school genetics class
>teacher decided to show a movie to us
>it's Gattaca
>movie starts to end
>teacher pauses right after THE MOMENT
>"Now class, why do you think he did that?"
>no answers
>teacher resumes movie
>keeps making little comments like "huh, wow"
>has been doing this the entire movie

I had to watch it again to enjoy it because of my autistic genetics teacher.

bro watch the film again ... its all about others believing in jerome's dream (Jude Law,Uma Thurman, Dr. Lamar, Ernest Borgnine even Tony Shalhoub) all know about his degeneracy and help him anyway, especially his brother who started him on the road .

This movie is so far ahead of its time it's insane.

In the next 100 years or so, once crispr becomes perfected and enters mainstream use, I can guarantee that Gattaca will become required viewing in schools.

Its been predicted that crispr is in the same state now that computers were in the 1970s and it will see the same rate of technological progress as computers did.

Designer babies are very likely to become a reality in our lifetime.

think about the "swim" so the genetically enhanced brother cant swim anymore (when their older this is even after him training in his own pool) and every time this give jerome the courage to steam ahead with his impossible dreams ...... wait did you even see the bit where jerome see the body of the dead guy, wipe his eye and an eyelash comes off. Its the eyelash the cops find later the they id him with .... the film is god-teir with subtle moments like that

How about we say anyone who's anyone has had poor eyesight engineered out of them since birth so literally no one goes into that field of study?

Never was bothered by this, seems like autistic nitpicking.

i know, anton help vincent to doesn't get catched (even if he's innocent), but again is clear in the movie that he DOESN'T let vincent win.

he lose not even because vincent is physical stronger, but because he's too self confident and he undervalue vincent skills, is one of the point of the movie

I think NASA has this thing where they rate sci-fi movies or something to see which one is the most correct.

They labeld Gattaca as the most scientifically accurate film of all time and The Armagedon as the least scientifically accurate film of all time

>but because he's too self confident and he undervalue vincent skills

you sure?? the genetically enhanced with a practice pool in his living room loses a swimming race because hes "overconfident" ?? seriously? ... just watch the film again, especially the childhood scenes at the start, where you were concentrating on Vincent being outgrown and outloved by his younger brother ... think how Anton his feeling seeing his older brother fall to pieces and doubt himself .... if its Anton that allows Vincent to win the film makes sooo much more sense and this scene is heartbreaking because Anton cant tell Vincent the sacrifices he made for him ..... PURE KINO

??? so Battlefield Earth is somewhere in the middle ??? fuck nasa's rating system, they know shit about sci-fi

i really appreciate your point of view, but i just don't think it's correct, it's real good but there aren't many evidences for it..

they go in space in a suit and it's the most scient. accur. movie of all time?

KEK

I highly doubt that this is true. He was kinda mad when when he founds his brother in Gattaca and says "I have a right to be here, you don't"

And then challenges him again and losts, what is the point

>subtle moments like that
>camera zooms on eye lash and focuses
yeah subtle

perhaps ... but its the movie as a whole. (the doc helps him, the girl helps him, the janitor helps him .. jude law commits sudoku for him) Anton isnt in it that much ... all he ever says is HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS?? i think thats genuine, he though hed be dead long ago, its undermining Antons genetically superior nature .... but as a baseline it fits the subtlety of the film an makes way WAY more sense than
>he lose not even because vincent is physical stronger, but because he's too self confident

yes but
>I highly doubt that this is true. He was kinda mad when when he founds his brother in Gattaca and says "I have a right to be here, you don't"

the subtlety was him losing the eyelash while doubting himself as he thought the investigation would expose him ... you saw him loose the eyelash while looking at the body right? ill screen cap it in a min

no they meant about genetic engineering and science in general not just space related stuff

there it is, its while the voiceover is talking about "degenerates" being hunted out

meaning alive ... also at the point he thinks his brother probably killed the director (its also the only scene the the actor playing Anton shows any emotion at all really ... i think it could have been a bad 'take' on a long day)

no, at that point they already found the real killer.

The movie was a bit silly because I thought their society was actually right.

Definitely!! Andrew Niccil's best work. Love "Lord Of The War" as well.

A good movie but
>racism... in SPACE!
That is what it is.

You're fucking retarded

ahh so they did...

Has it been so long, you don't remember who I am?
JEROME: Maybe it's you who's forgotten.
(meeting his gaze)
What are you doing here, Anton?
ANTON: I could ask you the same question.
I have a right to be here, you don't.
Jerome smiles at him condescendingly.
JEROME: You almost sound like you believe that.
ANTON:(ignoring the remark, extending his hand)
Come with me now, Vincent. You've gone as far as you can go.
JEROME (refusing Anton's hand, glancing to the telescope above them) There are a few million miles to go yet.
ANTON: (adamant) It's over.
JEROME: (shaking his head)
Is that the only way you can succeed, Anton to see me fail?
ANTON: It's for the best.
Anton is clearly stung by the answer.
JEROME(goading) Well? You have all the answers. How is that possible?
ANTON: (resolute) You didn't beat me that day....... I beat myself.
JEROME: Who are you trying to convince
---------------------------------------------

God-Teir subtlety, its right there, you just needto see it .......... ;)

lol missed a line .. four up from bottom

JEROME
(increasingly angered)
God, even you want to tell me what I can't do.
In case you hadn't noticed, Anton, I don't
need rescuing. But you did, once.

you get an F, go back and rewatch the movie