If you were out for a walk and found an iPhone lying on the ground...

If you were out for a walk and found an iPhone lying on the ground, would you think it was something that grew out of the dirt on its own? Or would you assume that it was designed by someone who made it for a specific purpose?

The human brain is a lot more complex than an iPhone. Why do you think it's just a bunch of chemicals that got tired of being a puddle and randomly assembled themselves into something with more neural connections than there are atoms in the entire Universe?

Attached: crying.gif (500x211, 898K)

an iphone isn't organic matter retard
you're comparing apples to oranges

Are you claiming an iPhone is more complex than the human brain?

I'm claiming that an iphone is not organic matter
so the comparison between it and a brain is pointless

Attached: 1558805283635.jpg (615x768, 95K)

An iphone didn't have however long to evolve. Also if we were created, who created that creator? It's a paradox

Regardless the answer truly doesn't matter and it is most viable in my opinion to live your best life while you can rather than wasting your time trying to live some false reality. Stop wasting your time on silly questions. Rather accept your own insignificance and mortality. Objectively if the whole universe ceased to exist no one would care and it wouldn't matter

Pointless? I'm making a point. If the human brain is even more complex than an object which is very obviously designed by someone -- and which we know is designed by someone because of its complexity -- then it's clear the human brain was designed. Get it?

All intelligent design would tend towards simple vs complex. Complexity breeds faults. My ancient gas mower lasted 25 years and was simple compared to my battery on board electric which lasted 3. A smart god would have balled up our design on the drawing table and binned us.

And yet here you are using the impossibly complex brain to argue against complexity. Is it any wonder all logical people see the hypocrisy in atheism?

I don't know who created the creator. That doesn't change that there IS a creator. You like to talk a lot about "the god of the gaps," yet here you are defending atheism by the same method.

Heyy...nice Elon...

Attached: 8301573135164051.jpg (1574x1121, 89K)

You forgot the part where those "chemicals that got tired of being a puddle" spent billions of years changing and growing under the pressures of natural selection. Only idiots think something as intricate and amazing as Life just snapped into being.

Oh look, a retard on Sup Forums.

How surprising.

Attached: 1556828495413.jpg (500x376, 66K)

By your own rule, you must now explain who created your favourite god.

So if I take a beaker of slime and shake it for long enough, it'll turn into a brain, right? Just like if I get a bucket of plastic and silicon and shake it for long enough, I get an iPhone. Totally logical.

I understand the point you are trying to make
I am pointing out that there is no logic in your argument. it's not that I disagree you're just not really doing your argument any justice

Seems like a pretty logical syllogism to me. If an object must have a creator if its complexity passes a certain theshold, and if we know that an object with a certain level of complexity was designed, then any object with a greater level of complexity must be designed.

you are assuming an object of any complexity must have a creator based off one example
you have no proof at all that the brain was created past comparing it to an inorganic invention. the brain is organic, it is different
again, it's not that I necessarily disagree but your argument is based on shaky ground

>more neural connections than there are atoms in the entire Universe
Those neural connections are made out of atoms... /facepalm

Surely the creator is more complex than a brain or an iphone. So who built him? For what purpose?

An iPhone *is* organic, you know. It's mostly plastic by volume, and plastic is organic. The artificial dichotomy you're trying to draw between the complexity of the brain and the complexity of an iPhone is a false one.

>math is hard! how do factorials work?

I don't know. The fact I don't know doesn't change what I *do* know.

Im arguing against an intelligent designer. Thanks for making the air intake line and water/fuel intake line use the same fill port. Don't get water or fuel in the air line, might die.

So...nothing? Because your logic would embarass a 4 year old

>So who built him?
It’s pretty amazing that godwards can’t grasp this very simple point.

Attached: 72C2EF3E-8F3A-43FA-AF57-076B9383C40D.jpg (600x400, 28K)

Funny thing, modern epigenetcs is discovering that genes can be switched on and off by RNA methylation based on environmental conditions. What created all those switches?

Recently, an astronaut with a twin provided a very interesting opportunity. Both men had their genetics sequenced and they found the astronaut who'd been in space had huge numbers of epigenetic switches flicked. How did his body know he was in space? We certainly never "evolved" to conditions of weightlessness.

an iPhone is not organic
it is manmade
I feel like you just started your first logic class in college from how faulty your argument is

Attached: e48.jpg (1000x1000, 296K)

Are you claiming plastic isn't organic? I think you need to brush up on your chemistry, friend. I am always a little surprised at how little science Scientism worshippers actually know.

>Don’t understand something?
>magic invisible floating faggot in the sky

Attached: 676AC163-9DCF-490B-9A72-79BDC3E30194.jpg (500x515, 61K)

Imagine believing in evolution and the big bang hahahahhahaha atheists sub 90 iq retards hahhahaha

Attached: clap.gif (330x245, 942K)

Stimulus -> Response
Biological function. I don't fucking know. I'm god damn public servant not a biologist. Point is the god of Abraham is just as ridiculous as Odin or Zeus and you disbelieve those 2 as easily as i disbelieve yours.

Another very, very easy-to-understand point. Poor old godtards. It must be awful being that stupid.

Attached: 1A74694B-78CE-45B5-ABB9-B104510B0DE1.jpg (554x554, 33K)

plastic can be synthetic or semi-synthetic but really that's just semantics as an iphone is man made and even if the plastic was organic the rest of it is not
and lmfao I already told you I don't necessarily disagree with you, your argument just sucks
I tend to believe that a creator is likely but not because of a fucking iphone

Occam's razor says it's more likely there was a guiding intelligence behind epigenetic switches which somehow know they're in space than that totally random genetic sequences going off "like fireworks" (the study actually used that phrase) somehow not only didn't kill him, but wasn't even immediately apparent or harmful in any way.

You know what we call it when totally random gene sequences get scrambled? Cancer.

the second you whip out the word "scientism" you concede the point. you truly do not understand how science works. you're no better than the flatfags.

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzAzMi82NzQvb3JpZ2luYWwvRmxhdF9lYXJ0aC5qcGc=.jpg (660x660, 60K)

So. Many. Fallacies.

There's plenty of proof for a creator; I just happened to use an iPhone this time. I could just as easily have used a bombadier beetle, proof of irreducible complexity.

dude probably even had his logic 100 textbook to reference while typing it out too lmao

If you were out for a walk and found a bismuth crystal lying on the ground, would you think it was something that grew out of the dirt on its own? Or would you assume that it was designed by someone who made it for a specific purpose?

So he got magic lucky cancer. Like i said I DONT FUCKING KNOW. If i had to guess I'd say Vishnu the Preserver was responsible. Praise him. Too busy Sucking Allah's cock, or Elohei or El Shaddai or Yahweh or YHWH or Jehova or Yehowa or whatever other name your tiny war god goes by

using something that isn't manmade makes much more sense but still doesn't prove anything because you have absolutely no concrete proof of a creator
and I'll clarify once again, I lean toward believing there is a creator but your logic is flawed

Let me know when you make a wifi connection with a bismuth crystal and I'll concede it's more complex than an iPhone.

>The human brain is a lot more complex than an iPhone

The flaw in your logic is this: you assume that complexity can't "just happen".

Where is your proof of that? A story about an iphone ????

We're not biologists. Why are you telling us to trust our own assumptions? Because we're guaranteed to get the wrong answer!

1. Describe your god in detail
2. Submit testable evidence of it's existence.
3. Tell me why it is worth worshipping.
4. Use same steps to prove all other god claims false.

Look, you and I both know that when we look at an iPhone, we instantly know someone made it. It's too complex to be a plant or some kind of insect. The human brain is demonstratably more complex than an iPhone. If you were honest, you'd have to admit you *know* the human brain was clearly designed by some kind of intelligence using the same logic you applied to the iPhone.

Since when is complexity a hallmark of design?
A hammer is designed and made by people. It's quite simple.
We know the iPhone is designed because we know who designed it and it does not occur in the natural world.
Brains occur in the natural world. What is the evidence pointing to it being created?

There are more possible neural connections in the human brain than there are atoms in the Universe. You really think that "just happens" when you leave a lump of slime sitting for long enough?

>lump of slime
lol dude just give it up you're not convincing anyone of shit

Sure, cancer etc was designed in on purpose. Totally makes sense.

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. [1 Corinthians 1:19]

>Why do you think it's just a bunch of chemicals that got tired of being a puddle and randomly assembled themselves into something with more neural connections than there are atoms in the entire Universe?
Literally no one thinks that. Evolution is not a random process. Go away and learn how evolution actually works before you attempt to disprove it.

I mean, it's been like, 5 years, but has anyone figured out yet why the crying girl from the never ending story has to do with disproving atheism?

I kinda feel bad, because whoever the one person who's been posting this relentlessly for this long hasn't made their point to anyone.

Attached: 1562830581096.jpg (529x375, 109K)

There's no helping this one. He's been shitposting this neverending story pic for like 5 years. "Why don't atheists love jesus christ? :sobs:" Lather rinse repeat. I'm not even an atheist, I just think this samefag op is pathetic.

Naw it was obviously Loki that did that just so he could fuck with scientist

This is the threshold argument.

If x is too y then z (magic floating faggot). The argument is entirely arbitrary and thus worthless.

The universe is not limited to the imaginings of one small primate.

Attached: AE01780C-263E-4D5D-930C-4C3986A009CA.jpg (850x400, 48K)

I'm shocked, I've never seen it before
I'd assume he was trolling by now but hes way too dedicated to this shit

Op you don't get it there never was a "god" it's all odins work and you have been worshiping a picture of insanity

>The universe is not limited to the imaginings of one small primate

Oh the irony of this. You'd rather believe your great-great-grandfather was a sea slug which mated with another sea slug and created a monkey than that you were designed by an intelligence greater than you can imagine.

Attached: fedoraseverywhere.jpg (512x288, 32K)

Sage goes in all fields

Attached: 20190204_010707.jpg (2048x1152, 811K)

Almighty god has to kill bodies to take away wisdom? Ok then

Have you never been on Sup Forums before? It's the same thread every day. Same picture, same lack of logic. Fundamentalists are really into their thing. I dunno

Again, you have not provided any evidence pointing to a brain being created or designed, just restated the same point of the brain being complex. Which is not a sign of design.
So. What is the evidence of a brain (or anything) not occuring naturally?

>You'd rather believe....
The evidence is the only thing that matters, and the evidence for evolution is conclusive. Disputing evolution is flat earth-tier retardation. When you find evidence for your favourite little god, you will be able to present that. Meantime, you’ll have to keep talking about hats.

Attached: FF8744BF-609C-4A5F-B95D-D404E445758D.jpg (640x640, 109K)

Holy shit you're back! How long has it been? Couple years at least.

I'd rather believe something that's a demonstrable fact than imagining a magical genie creating my great great grandfather by a golem spell.

The simplest possible conclusion is that your brain randomly assembled itself out of quantum foam and is floating in a void, the Boltzmann brain hypothesis, because it requires less credulity than believing in an entire Universe. But I'm willing to bet you don't believe you were created one nanosecond ago in an empty void. Why?

Not sure OP but plastic is man made. Then it has glass with it. Last thing is a OS. So if it was charged and turned on yeah its not from the ground my brain would of said something the CIA made.

Now thousands of years ago. Something a witch or the devil made.

why are you asking that kind of questions? what's the point, i mean you found a free iphone, just accept it and be happy about it

>what?
No, that would never work. That, and you for suggesting it, are stupid.
Did you forget Earth is a planet? Like... A whole planet? Do you understand that planets are bigger than test tubes? Did you forget that weather, geology, and ecologic systems aren't the same as shaking a fucking bucket?
I might be to autistic to tell, are actually this stupid or are you just a troll?
So, to answer your question; no, shaking a single vial will not magically create an entire planet of life.

I've been here for a long time and daily for a lot of that time, somehow managed to miss or subconsciously ignore this thread
I mean hey believe what you want, and I'm all for discussion, but this dude's argument is so fucking flimsy and he really wants to die on that hill

>demonstrable fact
>evidence for evolution

Funny thing, but in 5000 years, no one has ever actually seen a dog turn into anything but a dog. We've bred dogs to be big and small, skinny and muscular, smart and dumb, and every colour of the rainbow, but every single dog we've ever created can still breed with every single other dog.

Gosh, how dat happen?!

>evidence for evolution is conclusive
you're a lying piece of shit. it's far from proven. new evidence is found frequently that contradicts this THEORY

Welcome back old friend.

Uhh...I'd assume someone lost their iPhone.

Then I'd take it home, crack it and post the nudes on the chans.

You underestimate the power of evolution and cannot comprehend the vast timescale that passed on Earth since it's inception.

Uhh, technically, he is comparing apples to minerals.

Just because you don't understand how a n iPhone Works it must be magic?
Just because you don't know how a brain works, magic created it?
A few thousand years ago, Cars would have been considered magic made too.
Your logic is flawed.

I can comprehend 5000 years.

Fuck me, I got quads.

You simply know it?
I can prove that an iPhone was made by a human by going to a factory and look at the process it is beinf made. Now prove that someone makes brains

No shit! this ass clown doesn't understand that if evolution was how we got here, there would have to be a bunch of half breed monkey people walking around. yet they can't find a single fucking one. theres more evidence for the locknes monster than the theory that we evolved from monkeys

Lump of slimes and a brain are not related, therefore you are just speaking shit

There are a lot of elements and factors in the early days of the earth that provided a gazillion possibilities and one of those is life. You cannot create a beaker of slime with as many properties, or as accurate enough as the earth can when life began.

In an infinite Universe, Boltzmann brains outnumber ordinary observer brains because it requires less energy to create a brain than to create a Universe. So who created the Boltzmann brains?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10K)

I think what he means is that plastic is organic but an iPhone is man-made.

Funny thing but nobody's ever said a dog would give birth to anything else. Do you even know how evolution works? Maybe get know to the subject before trying to "debunk" it. If you say things like this, you're just showcasing your ignorance.
Funny thing, we've never seen in human history a Roman giving birth to a Portuguese or a Romanian and we know those languages"evolved" from Latin.
Btw, we have observed speciation dozens of times both in lab and in nature. Google is your friend

Well, has it ever occurred to you that being bombarded by radiation without an atmosphere might have had something to do with that?

all this dude does is put words in peoples mouths to fit his narrative lol

>Lump of slime sitting around
That's not how the brain formed…

Who said it was a random process at the first place?
I have absolutely no reason to believe I'm a brain in the vat. But it's always a bad sign if your argument is only looking good if you compare it to theories with complete reality denial. :)

Nuh-uh. Claiming gross morphological difference is "speciation" is profoundly dishonest. It's like claiming a black person isn't human because the skin is a different colour and the skull shape is different. A chihuahua and a great dane are "grossly morphologically different," but they can still interbreed.

The only way you can claim speciation is by cheating.

No, you haven't… this has been going on for years…

Noice quads

I think you don't get what a proof is.
Go ahead and prove your hypothesis.

>5000 years
Do you even carbon date?

Another ignorant not knowing what a scientific "theory" is XD
You know, the highest degree of scientific "ideas" is in fact to call them theory. It means the model is supported by a great number of facts, it has explanatory and predictive value and no fact contradicts it. Just like the "theory" of gravity or the"theory" of germs.
Please. Don't use the worst, primary school level arguments. They make your side look bad.

>How the fuck did those rocks get there ?I'm sure that someone really big and strong did it.
No wind and sand sanded the rocks and give it this form.
Same goes for us.

Attached: images (1).jpg (259x194, 10K)

Random bombardment by gamma rays doesn't produce the quiet, purposeful triggering of large numbers of genes without a single negative consequence. It produces cancer or radiation poisoning and death.

I don't know who's more retarded.

OP or the people arguing with OP.
Yeah it's definitely the people arguing with OP.