What age did you grow out of atheism?

What age did you grow out of atheism?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 20:24-29
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0153419
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was atheist since 9 years old and then grew up at 15. Still don't technically belong to any particular religion, but I recognize the truth and benefit to each one. (besides kikes and mudslimes). I basically have this mega-theory that ties all the religions together in every way. It's pretty amazing actually, might write a book someday.
Nearly every religion is right in it's own way, but lacking perspective in another way.

By the way, if I had to name the "best" one, as in the one that gets the most stuff right in the most concise ways, it's a tie between Buddhism/Hinduism.

If I had more knowledge on the "religion" of the Atlanteans or even Sumerians, I would pick them, though.

23 desu

I was a devour Catholic -> Atheist -> -> Buddhist. Then I found Art and realized that this shit is all subjective and arbitrary, got nihilistic for a bit. That was boring so I doubled down and became a weird amalgamation of religions and just follow my heart.

My heart is telling me to start a _____ war.

Religion was useful as a tool to organize society during darker times, today it serves as a philosophical guideline, but please don't tell me you actually believe in the ridiculous mystical deities of any religion.

>says studies finds conservatives are more likely to fall for bullshit

> uses bullshit 'research'

2 years ago, when I was 20.

Why would one grow out of rational skepticism?

I never will "grow out of atheism". I just don't believe in a God. There is no convincing proof.

Though I do think some religions are inherently better than others.

never got into religion

my parents did the right thing and let me decide for myself; they showed me a plethora of religions. Both new and old, extinct and still going on

At one point i realized that there was zero benefit to me if i joined one religion over another, but a WHOLE LOT of cons

so i abandoned the search

Having a bullshit detector isn't something you grow out of

>No evidence to support the existence of a deity/supernatural being

>growing out of needed evidence

It's not age, it's intelligence. Kids can't see the evidence of God because of lower IQ's, but that doesn't always change with age.
And some never get real intelligence. Penn Gillette, for one. They just aren't capable of free thinking.
It's no coincidence that most leftists are atheists.

There's no inherent intelligence in believing superstition. I grew out of believing in God when I grew out of believing in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.

never

It's a constant journey for me.

I didn't believe at all for a while, but then weird coincidences and chance events began happening to me as I delved into occult stuff. This in itself has led me to believe in more than "logic" and "science" but I don't think I believe fully in God yet. There's hints of Him in my life but I can't say that's him for certain. Of course I believe in the essence of the universe kinda God but I wonder how often that could actually interact with me. One day I'll figure it out.

Call it what you will, I'm enjoying the heck out of my unorthodox search for truth.

Became an atheist at 15, then a liberal faggot, then after 5 years I finally grew up at 20

people become atheist by education. people who become religious do it because of hitting rock bottom.

>believes unscientific paper claims because supports your biases
>still can't believe in a higher power

I've been nonreligious as long as I can remember. I've tried to make myself believe, read the entire Bible and went to church every week for a couple years, participated and volunteered and everything but I could never actually believe. It's just not there for me.

I was never an edgy atheist even when it was the hip thing at 15/16. I've always been a supporter of the "atheism is as bad as fundamentalism" argument because it really is. I even remember the local atheist edgelord at college try to call me ignorant because I said I was "agnostic". Like what the fuck

The same year i realized santa clause is obviously real

I never went through an atheist phase. I went through a God fearing phase in middle school, and a new age phase in high school, but now I've settled down with syncretic paganism.

The only way you don't believe in God is to know who or what God is.
If the only idea you can come up with is an old white bearded man that lives on clouds...ok, that's the limit of your intelligence.

There are no real atheists just like there's no real Christians.

Athiests can't prove there isn't a higher power and develop a god-complex. Jesus never wrote scripture so other Jews just kept reading the bible and became Catholic.

You're either Agnostic or a radical.

>Imaginary wizard
>still believes in fairy tales
nice spook, cucktian

16. Atheism is for edgy teenagers who think they are smarter than everyone else.

As long as we all recognize that theism is for retarded baby people

If you pay taxes I don't give a fuck what you believe.

I tolerate atheists because atheists tolerate me.

I lost my faith for a few years when I was a teen but regained it after a literal miracle happened to me. I had a cyst in my head that was pushing up against my cerebellum. Because of this I was miserable I had tremors, pain in my head, and migraines everyday. Suddenly the cyst didn't show up in my bi yearly mri, the doctors did a spinal injection with iodine to see if the area of where the cyst was would light up or not. Anyway they found out it light up meaning no more cyst. My mother told me she prayed every day for me and that this was a miracle. At first I didn't believe but after a while I regained my faith.

God is specifically asked, many times, why He doesn't just make everyone believe in Him and be done with it.
The key point of the Bible is Free Will. Despite anything you ever heard a self-described holy man as saying, God doesn't lay any obligations on you. You can believe or not as you see fit.
God will probably never solve your problems, and a typical human would never want Him to. But it's nice to have a friend you can talk things through with.

>I tolerate atheists because atheists tolerate me.
Only if you agree with them.
Have you ever known a leftist to tolerate anything they don't like?

>they actually believe someone made the universe

you literally can't make this shit up... oh wait

>fb """meme""" page
>fb """meme""" page website
>Suggesting liberal ideology based on bullshit is not not susceptible to bullshit

Yeah maybe i'll just stick with my team

Your post proves my point.

tolerant theist in pic related

Is it still atheism to not believe in any teachings but still question and mildly support intentional design?

Forgot
>commented "no comment" instead of just not commenting
It's like they want to be laughed at

That's a good point user.

ALL THOSE FUCKERS GREW UP CHRISTIANS AND WERE NOT ATHEISTS BUT WERE DEED BATSHIT CRAZY!

>It's only childish when YOU insult ME

Stupid user.
That's not a theist. That's a goatfucker.
Islam worships a man, mohamed, not God.
Just like leftists.

>What age did you grow out of atheism

When I was about 20 and I accepted Satan as my lord and savior

>Jesus wasn't a man

What a good christian you are.

I don't think anyone here believes in fairy tales like patriarchy, rape culture, and white privilege.

OKAY user ANYTHING THAT GETS YOU THROUGH THE DAY.

I feel like every post in this thread is sarcasm, atheism is not something you grow out of. You either believe in the supernatural, or you're smart enough not to.

Jesus was called the son of God.
Good atheist. Don't let facts get in your way.

>Jesus was called the son of God.

We're all the children of god. Jesus himself said so.

>patriarchy, rape culture, and white privilege.
These are all true things, but leftists take them out of context.
Just like they do with God. Not a coincidence.

that's a nice atheist you have in your pic

>You either believe in the supernatural, or you're smart enough not to.
You aren't smart. You demonstrated it with this sentence.
More proof: you have no idea what I mean.
psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism

The books of the NT disagree with each other.
Anyway, this isn't a Christian thread, it's religion in general.

>people who think meaningless statements are profound are more sympathetic to Republican candidates

You have to wonder how insane they are to believe this. I mean, the left consists of nothing but an endless amounts of buzzwords and pointless symbolism; diversity, tolerance, multiculturalism, privilege, pride, hope, bravery, herstory, girl power, cultural appropriation. And it's all empty bullshit.

he was roman catholic, his priest said so, the vatican said so, he said so in many letters, speeces, books, and radio speeches

you dont get to rewrite someones religion just cause you dont like being associated with them

>well...uh...he wasnt REALLY part of my religion

I made the assertion that atheists believe they are smarter than everyone else. Your comeback was that theist were 'retarded'. You could of said anything other than a lack of intelligence and it would of not added to my point. You could have said that my point was dull or uninformed, or really anything else. But, you said that theist were less intelligent than you. This is exactly what i said atheist do.

If god was real, he would be natural. Not supernatural.

Why can't people understand this?

You forgot treason and multiple felonies.

Is it a coincidence that Hildog in not religious?

Hitler lamented that Germany was Christian on numerous occasions. Religion was nothing but a tool for him.

>Aspects of the religious views of Adolf Hitler are a matter of debate. Hitler was skeptical of religion generally, and wary of its place in politics. Raised by an anti-clerical father and practising Catholic mother, Hitler was baptised and confirmed in the Roman Catholic Church. In adulthood, Kershaw, Alan Bullock, Rees and others consider that he became disdainful of Christianity, but retained some respect for the organisational power of the Church.
Atheist

Not to them. A shared illusion is reality.

Thats the government trick.

>he was roman catholic,
Hilter worshipped a Jew.
This is why you retarded fuckers always lose.

I mean, not having a belief in the supernatural isn't edgy. Having an unsupported belief that it isn't possible is pretty retarded, but it's no less retarded than believing thousand year old sand-rat stories.

>b-but Sup Forums is actually religious :^)

>not knowing Sup Forums's official religion is Kek.

Supernatural is a subset of natural.
Natural means it develop without influence. By definition, anything that exists is natural.
The only thing that could be 'supernatural' would be something left over from a previous universe, but of course that can't exist.
'Supernatural' is a made-up nonsense word.

its easier

imagine if they had to come up with some substantial evidence or location of of whatever God they believed in. Then science/progress keeps disproving them

its happened to Christianity too

>Priest: God is in the clouds! Satan is in the middle of the earth!
>science: we did probes, the middle of the earth is molten rock/metal surrounding a magnetic ever spinning iron core that gives the earth its magnetic field that lets us all live...but no Satan and no hell. Were still searching space, maybe if you could give us some specific coordinates?
>Priest: "nervous chuckle"...uhhh... we just cant see him....um...hes interdimensional! thats the next thing to say!

That's it, user.
Use logic and reason with a nazi. That always works.

Probably early 20's, then I became an "agnostic", then around 27 I became a (flawed) Christian.

>Hitler lamented that Germany was Christian on numerous occasions. Religion was nothing but a tool for him.

lamented does not mean Athiest, i point to you the bible story of Thomas

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 20:24-29

nice try though

>skeptical
>wary of its place in politics
>anything wrong with this
>but was raised catholic and baptised and went to church
>atheist

retard alert!

>evidence or location of of whatever God they believed in. Then science/progress keeps disproving them
There's no proof the other way either.
You have to be a special kind of stupid to say that means He doesn't exist.
Atheists are great at stupid.

From my experience most of the ardent atheist that i have met were edgy. They also had a smugness that rubbed most people the wrong way.
>Sup Forums is a hivemind

>>but was raised catholic and baptised and went to church
>>atheist
No way!1!
If you're raised Catholic you are Christian!!11!
Damn, son. That kind of autism earns you a ribbon.

>can't see the evidence of God because of lower IQ

>and so the search continues! but well leave that to science, why try and prove that our own religion is true... i mean thatd be silly right? trying to give substantial evidence that were right? lets keep up the lie!

When I became a real man.

he never said he was athiest, he went to church up until he shot himself in his bunker

so tell me, wheres your proof he wasnt one of you? oh ya, you Christians have this disdain about proving yourselves right and backing up what you say with evidence

my bad

One day we might find that god actually does exist.

The principle of order and whatnot. That is why being agnostic is the actual logical conclusion to this whole ordeal.

I grew out of religion at 18 if that's what you mean. I am 30 now

>Atlanteans
When did you stop believing in facts, user?

>can't see the evidence of God because of lower IQ
You summed it up nicely, if boringly.
I'll kill you last.

>News, politics, current events

>why try and prove that our own religion is true... i mean thatd be silly right?
No, it'd be idiotic.
A religion can't be proven either way.
That's why it's very retarded to make the blanket statement 'God doesn't exist'.
Was that simplistic enough for you?

>he went to church up until he shot himself in his bunker
>and prayed to a jew
>durrrrp ok Cananon.

I guess you haven't met God yet.
You'll see him one day.

Grew up not knowing or caring, became an edgy atheist in my teenage years which naturally of course made me a nihilist and made me hate the world, then once I got into my 20s I realized I don't need proof that God exists. He exists in my heart and feelings are all that matter.

You stopped believing in God the moment you settled for expanding that definition to "higher power." That's a vague, retarded definition. You can be atheist by definition and believe in a "higher power" because that phrase is complete alcohol anonymous tier bullshit. no person of faith calls their God a "higher power."

>heres your proof he wasnt one of you?
That would be the genocide of Jesus' people.
>oh ya, you Christians have this disdain about proving yourselves right and backing up what you say with evidence
We don't try. Religion is a personal choice.
You scream about atheism but never back up your superstitious view with evidence, do you, Captain?

>wtf am I reading

For humanity's sake I hope that was a cleverly concealed ruse.

> Religion: X exists! believe in it!
>random guy: hmmm, so you say, but can you prove X exists?
>Religion: sure, just read these texts
>random guy: ill be back in a sec "reads furiously"
>random guy: these texts dont mean anything! its all second third, and sometimes forth accounts! you say X exists right? well wheres the proof?
>Religion:um...HERETIC! BURN THE WITCH!
>random guy: those days are over, remember?
>Religion: oh...i forgot...my bad.....its all a metaphor!!!

ad infinitum

It's not just that I believe in kek, but that kek believes in me.

You're the only person besides me that I've ever see saying this. Supernatural pretty much just means it doesn't exist.

>order
kek such a thing is only born from within the womb of chaos and all will eventually return to chaos

>no evidence of kek
Heretic

This lol.

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0153419

>In line with [11] the study was conducted in full accordance with the Ethical Guidelines of the German Association of Psychologists (DGPs) and the American Psychological Association (APA).
Into le trash it goes. If there was ever a field that could be defined as bullshit, that field is Psychology.

checked