What the fuck? Why is this so critically acclaimed? This shit was painfully average...

What the fuck? Why is this so critically acclaimed? This shit was painfully average, the only outstanding thing being Morgan Freeman's acting. What gives, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KtwXlIwozog
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was a feel-good movie without any noticeable flaws and a somewhat interesting take on the prison story. The characters aren't very deep, but they all lead towards progression.
It's just a typical "book" movie in that everything comes together. Better than most movies because of that, but that isn't saying much as I'm including Hollywood movies in this.

>painfully average
Fuck no, stop being a contrarian dummy. It's a legit very good movie.

Yeah to be fair it's good... but I think all the talk of it being the best film ever... not even close.
It's something I'd watch if it's on, but I'd never put it on by choice.

How did he pull the poster up behind him???!

You're not a reasonable man.

Tape on the top corners, and just let it hang.

He taped it on the top and then let it fall behind him
Picrelated is my artistic interpretation

Oh shit. That makes perfect sense.

This kind of shit still makes it worth while to come here.

>painfully average
Compared to...?
So sick of shitposting nerds dude. At least make an argument, what is the point of this thread?

godfather is shithouse. scrimshaw reduction a best

But how would there be enough tension for the rock to break through?

physics.

I'll bet you feel the same way about Help and A Clockwork Orange too don't you?

>Picrelated is my autistic interpretation
Ftfy

>Compared to...?
Uh, other movies? What the fuck are you talking about?

ACO is overrated as fuck

Underage suspicion confirmed.

raquel welch had really heavy tits

Almost all movies are complete shit.

Never seen any of those. Just how old are you, grandpa?

Do you think she could crush a beer can with them?

You're being obtuse

A lot of shit is over rated. That doesn't mean it's not worth watching.

Becuase it's a normie trash

comfiest movie ever made

>i'm not like all the other girls

Am I the only one who thinks Shawshank would be improved if Andy did actually kill his wife but his escaping of the prison coincided with him coming to terms with what he did?

Like, you know how he says "I'm innocent, blah blah"? What if he actually was guilty but convinced himself he was innocent, up until the end?

I don't get how anyone can praise Morgan Freeman's acting in anything. He doesn't even act.

I don't think Andy would have escaped prison if he knew he was guilty

That would have been cool.

thanks for the info fag

Why not?

The theme of the movie was that the prison system was/is corrupt and morally bankrupt. If he came to terms with what he did and still wished for freedom he very well could've escaped still

>and still wished for freedom

He wouldn't wish for freedom because he feels guilty. That's consistent with his character. It would also give the movie a weird tone; why should we root for a man who's a self admitted murderer?

Andy only leaves because he's not guilty

Absolutely this. I found this to be the most offensive part of the film because it assumes that its audience is emotionally incapable of empathizing with a man who murdered someone and would see all the horrible tragedies of the prison system as justified. Instead of saying something profound, this flick is martyrdom masturbation and not worth the time to watch.
I guess it was stupidified for people like you.

>contrarian
There's that word again

It's a heartfelt, feel good flick. Not kino, but its capacity to pick people up has given it longevity

>stupidified

How ironic

>empathizing with a man who murdered someone

You mean Red?

You idiot.

It's no secret that Sup Forums only hates this movie because it's over rated. Otherwise it would fit right in with movies women will never understand.

>how to spot an underaged ADHD plebian in 3 sentences: the forum post.

Great thread OP! But I have a suggestion- based on your taste in cinematography, I believe you would be better suited discussing the subject someplace with people more like-minded as yourself.

I'd reccomend trying Sup Forums, Facebook, or perhaps a subforum on Reddit such as /r/-TheDonald. They will likely understand you better there!

>didn't watch the movie
>can't recognize good acting
Pick one
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KtwXlIwozog

Normie feel good garbage

Overrated is a lazy, weak buzzword. All it means is that, "wow this movie is becoming way too popular for me to enjoy". I don't think shawshank is the best movie ever like IMDB drones do but atleast give some valid criticisms of the film

"Feel good"
Nigga he was repeatedly raped and had his family taken; how is anything that happens feel good? What's his face's suicide felt good.

His name was Brooks

Hadley did nothing wrong

I've watched it half a dozen times m8, people only spout the "morgan freeman was good" meme because he's been around for so long. He just speaks normally and people convince themselves that he has this magical gravitas. In reality he's coasting on his reputation of being Morgan Freeman, nothing more.

Fuck him and fuck people who believe he's any good at all.

lmao the rapes weren't even shown. Don't pretend it's dark or dramatic. The rapists had their upcomings not to long after and it was never mentioned again, it obviously was never a big issue. The resolve felt good as well. Just go away.

He was very good, but so was everyone else. Great acting all around. Just like Glengarry Glen Ross.

So you admit you don't know good acting? What about Danny Trejo? He's also been around forever, but nobody considers him a great actor. Why? Because you're fucking wrong and you have no idea what you're talking about.

>lmao the rapes weren't even shown
You need them to be shown? They had a very real impact on him.

Morgan Freeman doesn't create distinctive characters, which is a big part of acting for me. Believable delivery of expressions and dialog is kiddie shit.

Believe it or not, some people think being brutally beaten and having your butthole unwillingly torn open by multiple people on multiple occasions is a traumatic life ruining experience and not an enjoyable time or something you merely laugh off and forget because LOL ONE GUY GOT WHAT WUZ CUMMIN MY BUTT AND SLEEP, MY ONE ESCAPE, TOTALY ARENT FOREVER RUINED

>These are the same faggots that think Henry Cavill shouting "God isn't dead just yet, Lex Luther!" at Lex Luther as he throws him in jail while bits of burning rubble form a halo over his head and the American national anthem dubstep remix drops tha beat is a nuanced cinematic masterpiece

just let that sink in, Sup Forums.

this is who you share this board with.

>is a traumatic life ruining experience

Not really. It's not poison.

>Morgan Freeman doesn't create distinctive characters
How the fuck does that reflect his acting ability? Even if you do think that he does play the same character in every movie, that doesn't take away from his talent as an actor. There's nothing wrong with playing similar characters if you're good at it, which he is. But I can't change your opinion on what you think makes a good actor, which is what you should have said instead of "He doesn't even act".

You're looking at his career. If you seperate yourself from that Red is a damn good portrayal.

In english, doc?

faggots that unironically praise Zack Snyder capeshit as 10/10 kino are the same posters that call Shawshank Redemption "painfully average".

What the fuck? Why is this so critically acclaimed? This shit was painfully average, the only outstanding thing being Morgan Freeman's acting. What gives, Sup Forums?

Well I've never praised Zack Snyder capeshit as 10/10 kino before in my life. And I'm OP, so you're wrong.

So what's good?

stay on topic.

Anything specific, or just any movie?

What the fuck? Why is this so critically acclaimed? This shit was painfully average, the only outstanding thing being Moot's acting. What gives, Sup Forums?

Nevermind I guess.

How did Red get across the border without violating his parole?

Citizen Kane

>having your butthole torn apart on multiple occasions is "not really" traumatic
>literal physical trauma is "not really" trauma

okie dokie fampai-oni.

There are great movies that aren't groundbreaking. Yeah Shawshank is over rated, but it's solid in every way.

>noticeable flaws
The whole Elvis kid advancing the plot was stereotypical Stephen King. Kinda weak but forgivable.

All review sites and forums, not matter how big or small, are majority male.

Shawshank is a film orientated towards a male audience. Men understand and identify with the films message and characters more so than women. By proxy, it's going to be rated higher than a film aimed at women.

That being said, Shawshank is still a top quality film. It's not personally one of my favorites, but I can get why people place it high on their top tier lists.

He didn't. He even says in the film "for the second time in my life, I'm breaking the law".

He doesn't give a shit though, and he makes the point that, because he is old and across the border, the US government won't give a shit either.

I agree that my edit would fundamentally change his character but it would, mind the mem,really force the audience to think

I love Shawshank as it is but it would be an all-time great movie if they had that change in there