Hey Sup Forums :)

Hey Sup Forums :)

Redpill me on why megastructures like these arent possible to function

Attached: neil-blevins-megastructures-10-bishop-ring-4_resize_md.jpg (744x759, 102K)

Standing bodies of water can not display convexity.

Because being so advanced that you would have the ability to mine/collect and transport the incredible amount of resources required would likely make them pretty useless.

There is no space.

its being powered by suns fusion + its staying at one sun until it dies and then just moves on to another sun like a parasite

for what ?

the jews would fuckin' undermine it, fill it with niggers & faggotry

within ten years of operation, it would be rainbow-coloured with spray paint and smoggy with crack smoke

The evidence for a flat earth is incredible and recently, a popular youtuber has been given the imperial evidence. It's only a matter of time before you all eat your words....

Step 1 denial
Step 137 acceptance

WW3 is already upon us.

It's not being fought on battlefields.

It is being fought with every smart device.

The terror events that keep happening are staged distractions. This is how sick with power the overlords have become.

We are cattle.

Idk man, if humans lasted billions of years, who knows how many of us would need housing etc Building this shit floating in space probably be easier than terraforming other planets.

OP here with a little extra info = that bitch is spinning btw

Fuck off retard.

He meant space, like past the sky, is a conspiracy

do mean now or ever?

humans are retarded
how can i not be a cow

now

This thread *sips*

Attached: s0l1wymlqon21.png (960x1007, 192K)

we can't make materials strong enough to withstand the forces that structure will put in itself

They probably could work, but nobody would be able pay for it. Even if the top countries got together, something like this would still not be very feasible.

arent metal atoms wielding together forever when they touch in space ?

because our tech level is too low
come back in 500 years and we'll see

no
vacuum welding is not very strong
and the cold makes most metals very brittle
to build something like that we need to be able to build with carbon based materials

we aren't killing off subhumans and forcing the high iq and physically superior ones to fuck the shit out of each other and have 10 babies in a family, and then only letting the smartest and strongest baby live.

isnt carbon weak to heat ?

If we lasted billions of years, we probably wouldn't still being using bodies.

Sips_ is a beautiful big bastard

some molecules
but that structure won't be exposed to enough heat for it to matter with most carbon molecules
and the molecules needed to build that are chain supermolecules which are very heat resistant

this

It would probably be a vanity project.

>just moves to another star
Yeah so a non copy right infringement halo ring can now travel hundreds of light years to get to star to star?

They are possibly, just not for humans.

This. There's no PROFIT in it so nothing happens.

They say that if a manned mission to Mars even generated only 3% return, the funds for it would be available within literally 24 hours. Tens of billions of dollars, boom, done.

hesrightyouknow.jpg

The Forerunners haven't awoken yet.

yeah but for what?

never say never,,ask caveman droob living near a pond in the carpathian mountains a million years before today,[droob,it will be possible and common place many years from now,to build strong cabins under the sea,made of materials you cannot comprehend today,of vast and huge size,man made steel birds that are almost as fast as lightning,carrying millions,billions of passengers in a week everywhere over the ground you walk on,
' impossible,,you are insane as a speared wolly giant beast'
a device such as pictured may be quite easily assembled where gravity is much reduced, 60 or a couple hundred miles up away from earth,transports able to lift said prefab materials up there,,we have them,expenses,costs are engineerable,and doable,
wait,, it is a matter of time

>Imperial evidence

I got cancer reading this, fuck

what the fuck do you think diamonds are made of chief

>living in your head
>renting free

Yeah, I know that you've already been corrected but I'll say it again. That structure is spinning at 1G worth of force. You can do the same thing with a pale of water by windmilling the fucker with your arm.

a ringworld is not feasible without imaginary materials, even fantasy cables made of graphene cables would not allow it beyond a few hundred meters in diameter
when it rotates fast enough to generate an earth-like spin-gravity on its inner surface, the tensile strength required to prevent it from tearing itself apart rapidly becomes beyond any materials we can imagine
it is equivalent to pulling the mass of half the ring at the acceleration you imparted to it via rotation
and this force is concentrated in every point of the ring structure, and any weak spot immediately destroys your multi$Trillions space gizmo

spin-gravity in a starship with a 100m diameter wheel? hard but doable
a ringworld with oceans, or even a small village with barely any headroom like Elysium? nope

Cuz humans need to git way more gud?

1500°C is nothing to scoff at as far as heat of combustion is concerned, but the do burn in dense O2 environments

I don't think this tech is too far out. You can learn more about it on YouTube. Watch Isaac Arthor's channel. It's great. I think that all we need to start building these things is Fusion Energy. Once we get reliable Fusion we will have more than enough power to start building these Structures. Maybe not on the continental scale provided in the example but rather city sized ones and maybe even small country sized ones.

Remember, there are a lot of asteroids and comets out there. We wouldn't need to bring resources from earth. We would just use what was already readily available in space. There is a large planet's worth of debris just beyond Mars. Unbelievable mountains of metal and water and carbon are available to us. It's all just waiting for us to come and collect.

We are further along than most of us think.

Attached: 1569269793284.jpg (236x236, 10K)

bc space is known for being a dense O2 environment

No way, the jews would take off in this new homeland and leave the humans behind on the rainbow and smog filled Earth. Or rather the goyim they don't bring as slaves at least.

Attached: 1573756622013.jpg (1024x627, 149K)

Even if they did, enterprising folk would just build alternatives. Space is huge. If the Jews were as vile as you folk say, they would simply build their own Zion in the heavens and leave. No need to bring everyone else down. If the blacks and browns aren't smart enough then they will likely not survive on these structures long or just come to poses the planet after the rest of us leave. I wouldn't worry about it.

Attached: 1572792022053.jpg (200x382, 18K)

>shit floating in space
This is the dream of the Indian space program.

they are possible even with current technology
but costs a lot and are too remote to business centers/specialized health institutions etc

>Imperial Evidence

Attached: wtf.jpg (614x450, 152K)

This seems to be an interesting problem...

Do you have a solution for this?

Kek. I missed that. What a fucking moron. "Imperial" maybe he was just fucking with us tho?

Obviously the fix here is to have multiple long, relatively thin rectangular bodies of water along the centripetal biome's width. Wouldn't be flashy and make for a cool sci-fi image, but it would work

even the internet would be shitty
ping would be at least 10000 to earth so forget about online games unless with fellow habitat citizens

I'm the user who always posts the Orion threads here
Building toroidal or tubular habitats is definitely possible without a mobile fusion source. The jumping off point for interplanetary infra is when we can manufacture an orbital assembly station with a Kuck Mosquito fleet and total self-reliance.
We really need either a committed space effort or a technology to 'violate' the rocket equation (Orion for example) to build basic megastructures in a century. Decades with a fleet of Orions.

Brownie points for spreading Isaac Arthur's name

Attached: orion_overview.gif (531x316, 11K)

m8 it's gonna be made of steel
the ring itself would be the support structure , no cable or anything