Do prescription drugs cost way too much?

Do prescription drugs cost way too much?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2012/12/30/business/questcor-finds-profit-for-acthar-drug-at-28000-a-vial.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dont ask me lol

This is a drug that needs to be taken once every day.

Revlimid is literally Thalidomide, the 50 year old drug that caused the "flipper baby" disaster.

In UK, there's a standard charge for prescription meds. It's about £7.
I don't know the exact amount as I haven't taken medication for a while.
I had a knee injury and it was fucking agony and it swelled up.
I was given painkillers and anti-inflammatory medication. I couldn't walk.

People on benefits don't pay. Whether you work or not, healthcare is free in my country.
There is sometimes a charge for medication, but it is capped.

Well not if you want new drugs to be made
But yeah gov backed insurance companies are driving up prices

This used to cost $40 per vial before the manufacturing was acquired by hedge funds.

nytimes.com/2012/12/30/business/questcor-finds-profit-for-acthar-drug-at-28000-a-vial.html

>actimmune
literally what

Every single clinical study showed it had no advantage over its predecessor drug Prilosec, but doctors prescribe it anyways because they received free lunches from Nexium drug reps.

Nexium has been consistently in the top 10 drugs paid for by Medicare (by total billing) since it came on market just as the patents on Prilosec expired.

I'd say, most disorders in the developed world are autoimmune disorders. The medications can get stupid expensive. I used to be on Humira, about 1700 a month but I got it for free because poor. I basically couldn't work while on it.

This same drug costs C$2.97/tablet (US$2.29) in Canada, about 80% cheaper.

As a person with incredible insurance, I don't know how other folks survive

Prescription medicine is one of those things where demand is in full control of the price, no matter the supply or how readily available it is or how easy it is to make. People will pay top dollar for health.

Even after going generic, the price of modafinil (generic Provigil) remains high in the U.S. for an unknown reason.

It costs 78 cents in Canada while it costs $11.24 in the U.S.

>european
>prescription drugs cost like 10€ for a supply that lasts a month
Suck it amerifats

And here us Aussies can pay $5.60AU for a box of 28 (4 weeks supply). Thank fuck for the aus system of medicare and healthcare PBS (Pharmaceuticals benefit scheme )

>hasnt watched breaking bad
>doesnt know about isomers

Your government pays for most of the drug cost.

The government does not help pay for prescription drugs for people not on Medicaid/Medicare in Canada and the U.S.

>unknown
Government subsidies

>Government subsidies
Modafinil is now generic.

It's generic drugs manufactures colluding with each other to keep the drug price artificially high instead of competing with each other on price.

Why Canada? Why do you care?

Costs 5 Euros here, regardless of what it costs in the free market. It is called health insurance.

I spend like 20 bucks tops if anything. Insurance company eats that bill, fuck them.

No its your government paying money, this isnt rocket surgery

No, you're confused.

Canada doesn't have prescription drug subsidy plan for people who aren't in dire poverty.

The price in Canada is the market price with no subsidy.

Which makes me very happy to be living in a country where the Gov can afford to do this. If the insurance companies were not involved I would imagine that the cost of these medications would be much much less.