Stephan King's 'IT'

>The monster 'IT' returns to Derry after a 27 year absence
>The 'IT' miniseries aired 1990
>27 years later the new 'IT' movie is released

Also 'IT' thread. I'm halfway through the book its good but also dragging: is it worth reading to the end?

ORGY IN THE SEWER

>is it worth reading to the end

No, but might as well finish...I can't wait until you get to the kid orgy.

The thing I treasure about this novel is how fucking bad it is. It's King shifting into his Dark Tower "autistic world-building checklist" mode, taking a genuinely scary idea (a mysterious, child murdering clown only certain people seem to see) and utterly ruining it with over-explanation and a colossal anticlimax.

Marble Hornets is "IT" done correctly, at a fraction of the movie's budget.

>27 years later the new 'IT' movie is released
Wait, is it a remake or prequel?

Pennywise Lives

>being this dense

You're right. Marble Hornets is awesome, but I still like It, although the ending was an anticlimax

>he fell for the "longer and bigger is better" book meme

How is it an anti-climax?

DUDE SEWER GANGBANG LMAO

DUDE FIRESTARTER LMAO

DUDE LAST SHOT LMAO

No scene has ever scared me more than pic related... Mainly since I stumbled upon this movie late af one night and had no idea what it was about

IT's a spider. Or a drider, if you're THAT faggot.

SFW. And yeah, I know it's symbolism (same as that fucking turtle), don't try to get high and mighty. It's King trying to do Eldritch Horror and failing miserably.

"Pet Sematary" is King doing it right.

I thought you were kidding about the orgy until I googled it. What the fuck was King thinking?

>taking a genuinely scary idea (a mysterious, child murdering clown only certain people seem to see) and utterly ruining it

He did pretty much take a good concept and just fuck it all up to hell and turn it into a big joke.

>kiddie sewer train
>giant turtles n' shit

None of that bothers me. What bothers me is the dull prose that fills up the book. So much ineffectual stuff happens.

This is literally why we need to keep transgenders out of women's bathrooms. Never know when one of those fuckers is going to snap. They're like ticking time bombs.

Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise

Finn Wolfhard as Richie Tozier

(definitely jewish with a name like that.)

Remake. The movie is going to be the section of them as kids taking him on, and if the film does well, then the sequel is going to be the section of them all as adults.

>inb4 IT is the start of the Stephen King cinematic universe leading into Dark Tower

If you read a lot of his work, it becomes clear Stephen King is some kind of sexual deviant.

What, really?!

Everyone in Hollywood is a pervert.

Sophia Lillis as Beverly Marsh

stan's the only jew in the losers club

Good hypothesis but IT actually returns in 28 year intervals

>tips fedora to myself

>if the company had waited another year the the timing would be all the marketing needed for die hard stephen king fans who get the reference while new fans would just watch the trailer as they are now

M I S S E D
O P P O R T U N I T Y

What are you trying to get at with a post like that?

most people are "sexual deviants", it's just some are more open about it. Literally every girl I dated surprised me with her "deviancy" once I got to know her well enough.

Reminds of this book about Japanese soaplands that I have, where an old salaryman was quoted "We are all perverts, it's just that Japanese are more open about it"

So...about that child orgy scene

it wasn't an orgy, it was a therapy session.

Orgies are therapeudick.

>most people are sexual deviants

Fuck off edgelord

you sound repressed tbqh

wait what? i read the book and i remember it just being an illusion or like a part of their minds

I always thought the spider was a stupid cop out that the miniseries did to dumb it down

Bev looks pretty cute at least

I thought that was a boy. After the trailer ended I thought "Where was Bev?" and had to go back and freeze frame it to notice that was a girl.

Nice hair, fgt.

>Marble Hornets is "IT" done correctly, at a fraction of the movie's budget.
Maximum pleb.

Not gonna lie, I torrented the book just to read the read the orgy.

I was kinda let down, pretty tame by today's standards. Even on entry tier like archiveofourown and all that.

What's the deal with this lady and why do I keep seeing her?

Pennywise a cute

>if you don't have sexual thoughts about children you are repressed

why don't you take a seat right over there

Wait, you mean Sup Forums is just continually blowing shit out of proportion because it's full of memeing children? Whoda thunk

Final scene from Sleepaway Camp. It's something that's accidentally scary because of the uncanny valley effect.

See, using 80s practical effects, the producers needed to show that a girl was actually a mad slasher boy all along. So they sized up a model of the actresses head, and plonked it down on a naked guy's body. Needless to say, the fake head didn't move, so this guy's standing there with his junk hanging out and that frozen expression.

Very unnerving.

I was listening to the audiobook on YouTube when going to sleep for a few nights. Dracula showed up a few times which I thought was funny, I think I got up to Richie's chapter but I couldn't find the next parts after that.

I mean, it's tasteless and boring, infact I would call it one of the dullest...

Seriously though, it's shit. What a hack.

This fucking movie, man. I knew it was coming and I still wasn't ready for it.

>ywn save Froggo's life by taking his virginity in a sewer.

LIFE HAS NO MEANING

Wait until you get to the drider. It's creepy as fuck man.

The entire movie was a mix of shitty 80s and strangely unsettling, but this ending haunts me

Derry in "IT":
>just a regular town at first glance with something horrible hidden deeply inside, few people ever suspect that something wrong with it
Derry in 11/22/63:
>city of evil inbred people who will fuck you up without reason, it looks bad, it smells bad and you can tell right away that something wrong with it
Has King lost his touch?

King signed off on this design being close to what he intended. In the book its pointed out the thing is muscular, spiders have exoskeletons and not visible muscles. It also picks one of the characters up in it's hands. See the image? See the features? It's not a spider thats just the best the kids could describe it. If this were Stranger Things they kids being D&D geeks would be calling it a drider.

So is the new movie just the part of the book that takes place in the past? I just checked the cast list and the characters are all just children.

but what part of it looks like a Drow?

It's not a drow, it is a drider. A drider is anything mixed of humanoid characteristics and a spider. From D&D that was drow. But it is not limited to it. In anime they're called archane and in western pop culture they are called driders due because that was the first name assigned the creature.

It's like Vampires.
Dracula is the most popular vampire and one of the first. He started it all. So vampires are based off his design, but not limited too it. That is why shows like Twilight have Vampires that are nothing like Dracula's vampires but they're still vampires.

That's how pop culture works.

A shit book where King tries to be Lovecraft without having any idea what made Lovecraft great, and the scary clown turns out to be an eldritch spider in a rivalry with a celestial turtle. It's one of the worst "horror" novels ever written.

That scene genuinely terrifies me.

plus the inhuman scream

>*teleports behind you*
>*blocks your path*
>*unsheathes katana*
no, a Drider is a Drow. unless the kids from Stranger Things encounter Pennywise in spider-form, they'd probably call him a Drow or Lolth just like they called the monster Demogorgon.

Pssh, nothin' personnel, kid.

Nah old japanese men are properly fucked in the head with all that eyeball licking and earwax shit

>cuck cage key

nah, they're absolutely right

>tons of people missing
>especially children
>fbi not scouring every inch of the area
>not finding the fag clown in hibernation
>not encasing him in a hermetically sealed container and storing him in a warehouse somewhere

>"just turn off you're mind bro"

In IT people are constantly murdering each other in Derry, the book opens with a bunch of 15 year olds throwing a gay off a bridge

>one of IT's powers is to make adults not register how many people are missing or how many disasters happen

>plot armor

>dat .gif
Nice, I know my next halloween costume now.

No Stephen King book is worth starting.

12 years old and she already has the thousand cock stare. Not good, folks.

>"On one misty morning of the early Spring..."

Gay.

>"1984" not in the top 10

Da fuck outta here.

>1984 in top 10 books
It's great but I'm not sure it's one of the 10 greatest works of literature ever conceived.
It's a great idea and delivers the shocking nature of it's message/warning really well, but it's not particularly meaningful or deep. It's very clear what it sets out to do. And it does that very well, don't get me wrong, but it's the kind of story where the ideas are more important than the execution and a class on analysis of the thing would probably be just as good as reading it by yourself.

Fucking high school reading list

Why would I need to read 1984 to know government surveillence is creepy? Fuck, a retard like yourself probably sees no issue with every Dick and Sally having a Big Brother device in their pocket.

Should I expect the Leper's sexual violence to be in this movie? I have that feeling that the movie will bitch out. I know the Leper is in it but if he doesn't talk about blowjobs I will be taken out of the movie. People think BBC gangbags are no big deal these days, so a fucking demon posing as a hobo with syphilis threatening to rape-eat the hypochondriac SHOULDN'T be too taboo, but you know it probably is.

>no Hugo at all
Really?

It's a meme list by /lit/

I'm going to watch this, but only because Froggo's in it and I wuv him very much.

SEWER
DICKING.

This new Pennywise looks like something much scarier than we've seen before. The teaser trailer was really creepy and epic. I jumped in my chair when Pennywise started running towards Bill. I hope there are lots of moments like that in the movie. Pennywise just attacking the kids without them knowing.

Why are you making your bait so obvious?

>colossal anticlimax

Probably a high-tier ending by King standards, though.

What bait? The teaser was incredibly spooky. When the projector became possessed by IT and in the last shot we see Pennywise's face. Sent shivers down my spine.

You must be 18 or older to post here

Why do people pretend IT has a bad ending? What the fuck should the ending be then????

Why are you not looking forward to IT? Pennywise looks were iconoclastic in his design. Will go down in the books as one of the most classical villains I think. Better than Jason and Freddy.
I'm already hoping for sequels.

>dah IT teaser triggers me mommy so now I'm gonna lash out with sarcasm!

I'm looking forward to it, but you talk like a child

huh?!

I'm just looking forward to another hella fucking epic horror movie. Conjuring 3 is also coming this year so it will be hard to decide which will scare us more.

>Marble Hornets is "IT" done correctly
Nope. No Marble Hornets fan thinks this.

they're doing two movies, one with the kids one with the adults. Adults one hasn't been cast yet.

Possibility of Scoot McNairy likely 100%

Why do people shit on this guy?
>DUDE he's not twice my age so I HATE him lmao!

Only two? Was hoping for a Pennywise trilogy.

So you work for the studio

Why is this movie being pushed here so ha-
>Warner Bros. Pictures
Oh, it's this year's Edge of Tomorrow/Mad Max Fury Road/Godzilla/BvS

These are the kids that defeat The Spider.

Yeah, that was my question, too. But doesn't IT have a hold over the adults in the town? Such, perhaps, that it might go unreported by the police?

I want to get married now.

Can I use this thread to shit on Stranger Things? It's just faggy trash. Am I supposed to have sympathy for or be entertained by a mute dyke? Since they're massively ripping off Stephen King I couldn't help but compare the show to IT. The kids in that show aren't even 10 percent as likable as the Loser's Club. Also the bullies in ST were total pussies. Seems like they were in the show solely so Le Eleven could break a kid's arm. Didn't feel earned. All the bullies did before that scene was call a black boy "midnight". Wooow so scary.

>Eddie dies for this

>the 50s were quirky XD
>the 80s were quirky XD

>animal shit nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger! Christ killer Christ killer! Sexual violence is scary!